MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2010, 02:57 PM   #61
AJFLo

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by bun1t View Post
Sure, I'm originally from Michigan, I've been riding for about 5 years now, I've owned a 01 ZX6R, 03 ZX6RR and currently have an 05 10R. Most of my riding in Michigan was twisties and occasional freeway shenanigans. I haven't rode a whole lot since I've been here. Not enough time, too much traffic and a lack of finding good roads near me is the reasons for that. I'm trying to get back into it and have been riding a lot more lately.
There aint too many good backroads out here. Thats proably why you see alot of stretched and lowered bikes.

Welcome to Texas btw
Iím really happy for you and Iím going to let you finish but AJFlo is one of the baddest mother fockers of all time!!!
AJFLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
anyone in conroe area riding tomorrow(streetbikes) hyphycowboy Events, Meets and Rides 6 05-30-2010 01:20 PM
New Landspeed records set on streetbikes this weekend... ZXALAN General Discussion (Moto Related) 75 08-07-2009 09:45 AM
art of the SLAM FastLine Off Topic 10 11-23-2005 11:39 PM
Girl gets slam dunked! flip326 Off Topic 8 10-03-2005 05:04 PM
This is why you don't body slam people off of a rooftop idiot flip326 Off Topic 11 09-30-2005 11:43 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-17-2010, 02:58 PM   #62
ormand
Deelish!

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 650r
Total Mileage: 42,000

What city in Michigan?
Old 05-17-2010, 02:58 PM   #63
bun1t

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
Gen 4 ZX10R
Honda Grom

It's true. I threw away my owners manual because I already knew everything in it plus more. lol
bun1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:00 PM   #64
bluewave18
Safety Third

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coast Rider View Post
You have no idea. He truly is the manual
Manual or the tool?
bluewave18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:01 PM   #65
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

Quote:
What do you call spirited fashion? Also does your bike say R at the end of it?

Ill buy lunch to see this point hit home.
What do I call spirited? How do you define it? We wuz haulin is the way I define it, had you been there I would guess you would have considered it haulin too.
The bike I was on that day was an FZ1, which I realize is not a supersport but me and it can hang well enough that I was surprised at the corning ability of the guys on the stretched bikes.
So what point are you wanting to see hit home? cuz I'm hungry
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:02 PM   #66
brandontx

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F

Quote:
Dude Im over 30 have lived in more than 8 states. I have had alot of problems and disadvanatges in my life time. Live a little, and one day when you buy a brand new bike or truck or even a bad azz used on, it will leave you walkin. Try 2 touring trips to San francisco and several more trips over 8 hours away when your cell is not working in podunk kansas and you will then know what its like for the seasoned folks. We's abuy's everything with purpose. Because Sht does happen.
I am 30 and have lived in 5 states. Try driving in a Ford Tempo non-stop from Indianapolis to New Orleans for Mardi Gras after drinking a fifth of Beam with no cell phone and $10 in your bank account. I'm just saying you should try it that's all.
brandontx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:04 PM   #67
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandontx View Post
I am 30 and have lived in 5 states. Try driving in a Ford Tempo non-stop from Indianapolis to New Orleans for Mardi Gras after drinking a fifth of Beam with no cell phone and $10 in your bank account. I'm just saying you should try it that's all.
How 'bout a Ford Pinto from Knoxville to Houston with a case of Coors,cell phones not invented yet and NO bank account? lol
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:05 PM   #68
Badzx14r
Banned

Bike(s):
2many2list

User is banned

Badzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:06 PM   #69
Coast Rider
Arron Smith

Bike(s):
kawaquakie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandontx View Post
the driving a Last stated wass all on a bike. I have been to cali over 20 in a car. Florida I lost count. Ill take you up on that trip sometime we can split a Jim beam Sounds like you had more fun than me.
Coast Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:07 PM   #70
bun1t

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
Gen 4 ZX10R
Honda Grom

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJFLo View Post
There aint too many good backroads out here. Thats proably why you see alot of stretched and lowered bikes.

Welcome to Texas btw
I'm sure being from Michigan has influenced my opinion on some of the trends I see here in Texas. In Michigan, the Royal Oaks bike night every Thursday was huge, It had at least 300 bikes every week. Of those bikes 95% of them were RIDDEN, not cruisers. I go to a bike night here and all I see is lowered stretched bikes, neon lights, and stereos. Oh and don't forget the helmet mohawks but thats another thread. All this money for mods but I guess their account was empty when it was time to order gear. Just a completely different scene for me.
bun1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:07 PM   #71
Coast Rider
Arron Smith

Bike(s):
kawaquakie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badzx14r View Post
i'll take some that action .
Just let me know wherebouts u gone be riding oldman. I aint too yeller to be afraid of turbo.
Coast Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:11 PM   #72
ormand
Deelish!

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 650r
Total Mileage: 42,000

Quote:
I'm sure being from Michigan has influenced my opinion on some of the trends I see here in Texas. In Michigan, the Royal Oaks bike night every Thursday was huge, It had at least 300 bikes every week. Of those bikes 95% of them were RIDDEN, not cruisers. I go to a bike night here and all I see is lowered stretched bikes, neon lights, and stereos. Oh and don't forget the helmet mohawks but thats another thread. All this money for mods but I guess their account was empty when it was time to order gear. Just a completely different scene for me.
Royal Oaks doesn't look too impressive from this video...are all Michigan people into cruisers?

Are you a member of Detroit Sportbikes?

http://www.detroitsportbikes.com/forums/index.php

You must be going to the wrong "meets" to think everyone in Houston is like that. Just like ricers I have seen all throughout Michigan, but I don't go around assuming the entire city/state is ricer.

Last edited by ormand; 05-17-2010 at 03:13 PM.
ormand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:12 PM   #73
brandontx

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F

Quote:
the driving a Last stated wass all on a bike. I have been to cali over 20 in a car. Florida I lost count. Ill take you up on that trip sometime we can split a Jim beam Sounds like you had more fun than me.
In Indiana a fifth is actually a fifth of an oak barrel. Are you still in? LOL.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:12 PM   #74
Badzx14r
Banned

Bike(s):
2many2list

User is banned

Badzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:12 PM   #75
AJFLo

Feedback Rating: (8)

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50

Quote:
Sounds like a different scene. Have you ever thought about riding at a closed course track? There are 6 Tracks in Texas, all within a days drive from Houston. I'm sure you would have a ton of fun there. Plus all the bike there are "ridden".
Iím really happy for you and Iím going to let you finish but AJFlo is one of the baddest mother fockers of all time!!!
AJFLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:18 PM   #76
GsxrRcr369

Bike(s):
2014 CRF 50 (#1)
2014 CRF 50 (#2)
Schwinn XS Pro Modified 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
Well, I sure didnt do it to drag race.
That avatar might confuse some people. You need to clarify that was outside of a bar and a fat girl was heading your way lickin her lips so you leaned the bike over and threw some rubber her way. She could not escape the smell of the rubber and began eating the pieces flying at her which allowed you the time to get away safely.

Just sayin you know, so people are not confused
GsxrRcr369 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:19 PM   #77
G's-GIXXER

Experience: 4 years

Awww man this is good !!! in my office!!! Yall guys about streched and lowered bikes, sounds like sum females in a salon about their men... Its not your money so why , and the guy with the big truck that cant get out his n-hood from time to time, thats all HORSE why dont you post up some pictures of that bad 4X4 with those CITY BOY rims you got and I wanna see that DUG IN SUM MUDD since it serves that purpose! Not to just go through high water in your n-hood, call the city and tell them to unclogue the storm drains...lol Do what yall do, the guys that have Bull to say about anothers bike they prolly dont like your bike just as much! Funny to hear yall though!!!!!!!!!!!
G's-GIXXER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:20 PM   #78
GsxrRcr369

Bike(s):
2014 CRF 50 (#1)
2014 CRF 50 (#2)
Schwinn XS Pro Modified 2

Quote:
BS I buy nothing without purpose. I have a big truck lifted body and suspension on 35s because sometimes it rains and I can't get out of my neighborhood with out my truck. Plus I have a better view of traffic and if somebody hits me with my cast iron bumpers I aint gonna feel sht. Big trucks are not just for towning. I do have some clean azz rims and the truck just happens to look good. It was all the best deal for the setup I wanted. Plus heads roll when I come through and it handles like a motha. Lets race.
Bigger the truck, bigger the blindspot. I know from experience. Sometimes you couldnt even see cars unless you rolled down the window and stuck your head out.
GsxrRcr369 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:20 PM   #79
brandontx

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F

Quote:
Sure, I'm originally from Michigan, I've been riding for about 5 years now, I've owned a 01 ZX6R, 03 ZX6RR and currently have an 05 10R. Most of my riding in Michigan was twisties and occasional freeway shenanigans. I haven't rode a whole lot since I've been here. Not enough time, too much traffic and a lack of finding good roads near me is the reasons for that. I'm trying to get back into it and have been riding a lot more lately.
I think you will actually get much more seat time here seeing as how it is only warm enough to ride comfortably in Michigan for about 3 months out of the year. On second thought, maybe not, it's only cool enough to ride comfortably for about 3 months a year here.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:23 PM   #80
sunday_rider

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):

Quote:
Hey bun1t, first welcome to Houston and to MH.... do all 300 bikes get together and ride the twisties at night? or they just ride the highways route gang style? our group mostly meet in the morning and hit some twisties early sunday mornings, nothing compared to what you are used to in Michigan but we try to make it fun every time we hit those roads, and i can assure you on thing...... you will not find a single lowered/stretched bike in our group

here is a link to our ride last sunday:

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...=140700&page=5

go to #98 to see a video of the roads we ride every sunday morning.

Advertisement