Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2006, 06:32 PM   #1
Weaver
Member
 
Weaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Baytown... and Austin
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 54


Bike(s):
99 TL1000R









Send a message via AIM to Weaver
trailers

any experience with these types?

not sure my xterra would handle that great with a tlr on the back...

d7 1 b
__________________
www.weaverwins.com
Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For those with folding trailers ... logan5 How To's and Q & A's 5 01-26-2010 11:17 AM
what's up with these trailers? seratt Off Topic 17 01-29-2009 04:28 PM
Bedliner on Trailers?? therky42 How To's and Q & A's 9 04-11-2007 03:34 PM
Trailers Roman Taking it to the Track 4 11-10-2006 06:00 PM
Motorcycle trailers? R6kid General Discussion (Moto Related) 28 06-25-2006 10:06 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-19-2006, 06:35 PM   #2
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon
 
Ramius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: where I didda
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 6,232


Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater









Send a message via AIM to Ramius
I wouldn't do it, just rent one from uhaul.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramius
Who I am now is not who I was, and who I will be is better than anything I ever could have imagined. I am Filled with the Spirit of Christ and I walk surrounded by a Host Of Angels, who can stand before the Army of ? Amen!
Ramius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 06:38 PM   #3
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER
 
jetcycles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: ShoreAcres
Feedback Rating: (14)
Posts: 12,032

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50



i would trust it with the mini bike, but not my big bike. U-haul or harbor freight tool for cheap trailers.
__________________
I understand the consequences of my actions prior to engaging in those actions. . .there are certain situations in life where the risk is totally worth the reward.
jetcycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 06:38 PM   #4
Weaver
Member
 
Weaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Baytown... and Austin
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 54


Bike(s):
99 TL1000R









Send a message via AIM to Weaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramius
I wouldn't do it, just rent one from uhaul.

i know... was just curious...

not that i need to trailer my bike all that often... but even rentals are expensive... you could buy one with a couple days of rentals...
__________________
www.weaverwins.com
Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 06:39 PM   #5
Bgsxr1000
Senior Member
 
Bgsxr1000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Spring, Texas
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 393

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2012 Yamaha Stryker Custom

1996 Harley Electra Glide Classic
1999 Sportster Hard Tail Conversion Project
Wanted: Yamaha WR426






I would, I want one. It would save space.
Bgsxr1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 06:54 PM   #6
Weaver
Member
 
Weaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Baytown... and Austin
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 54


Bike(s):
99 TL1000R









Send a message via AIM to Weaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgsxr1000
I would, I want one. It would save space.

$250 on ebay plus $50 to ship....

get one and try it out for us


i would think that another 500lbs on the back of my ride would not be good....
__________________
www.weaverwins.com
Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 06:57 PM   #7
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon
 
Ramius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: where I didda
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 6,232


Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater









Send a message via AIM to Ramius
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaver
$250 on ebay plus $50 to ship....

get one and try it out for us


i would think that another 500lbs on the back of my ride would not be good....

I would be tempted to put it into 4-low and goose it to try and pull a grave-digger style wheelie... again, not good for the bike =)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramius
Who I am now is not who I was, and who I will be is better than anything I ever could have imagined. I am Filled with the Spirit of Christ and I walk surrounded by a Host Of Angels, who can stand before the Army of ? Amen!
Ramius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 07:00 PM   #8
86gixx
Senior Member
 
86gixx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 303












it's like having 2-3 "b.m.w.'s" in the back ain't it!? i wouldn't know--just guessin'
__________________
Mark D
86gixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 07:01 PM   #9
86gixx
Senior Member
 
86gixx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 303












at least some of ya'll will know what the bmw's are!
__________________
Mark D
86gixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 07:13 PM   #10
train460
speed junky
 
train460's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cypress Tx (cypress N Houston & jones)
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 2,379

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
88 v-max
05 Honda Goldwing
85 V-max (wifes)
05 Vtx 1300 (wifes)






i would like to see a more closer pic of how it is mounted, Just into the reciever, i would be a bit leary but if it is mounted with 2 anchor points then would be cool i guess. Would not be hard to weld 2 reciever anchor points to your frame and just slide some kinda platform into it.
class 3 recievers i think are rated for 500lbs at the tongue so should be more than ok as that is tho. I thought about making something like that for the rear of my travel trailer. Would have to get 4 or 5 guys to bounce around on the rear bumper tho and see if it lifted the tounge off the ground maybe 6-800 pounds to be sure.
my 02 as always
__________________
A man opens the door for u not because he is polite. It's so he can check out your .
Michael Hansen
Cypress Tx
88 v-max
train460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 07:53 PM   #11
86gixx
Senior Member
 
86gixx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 303












hey TRAIN460 , i live in la porte too. just moved out here and i like it in this area.
__________________
Mark D
86gixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 08:15 PM   #12
DOA
MH's slowest 600hp Busa
 
DOA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Feedback Rating: (15)
Posts: 946












Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaver
any experience with these types?

not sure my xterra would handle that great with a tlr on the back...

d7 1 b
Weaver, I have one of those that I purchased a couple of years back. The largest bike that I put on it was a Honda CBR600 and drove about 200 miles with it. I have a Ford Excursion, so I could probably put your truck and bike on there without any problems, but I will tell you about my downside.

The bike was balanced and tied down correctly but the mirror on the right side rubbed against my truck and now I own a nice scratch mark on my truck. I didn't have any other problems to speak of. I've carried a dirtbike all over the place and even off road without any complaints.

This is the link to the site that sells the trailer hitch thing.

If you're a trustworthy type, I'd be willing to let you borrow my joe hauler and try it out to see if it works for you. Lemme know.

-d
DOA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 08:18 PM   #13
Weaver
Member
 
Weaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Baytown... and Austin
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 54


Bike(s):
99 TL1000R









Send a message via AIM to Weaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOA
Weaver, I have one of those that I purchased a couple of years back. The largest bike that I put on it was a Honda CBR600 and drove about 200 miles with it. I have a Ford Excursion, so I could probably put your truck and bike on there without any problems, but I will tell you about my downside.

The bike was balanced and tied down correctly but the mirror on the right side rubbed against my truck and now I own a nice scratch mark on my truck. I didn't have any other problems to speak of. I've carried a dirtbike all over the place and even off road without any complaints.

This is the link to the site that sells the trailer hitch thing.

If you're a trustworthy type, I'd be willing to let you borrow my joe hauler and try it out to see if it works for you. Lemme know.

-d

thatd be great... i could leave a deposit or soemthing of course...

what class hitch are you using?

i just dont want to order something like this to find out that it makes the xterra pop wheelies and handle like ...

of course a trailer would work, but storage etc...
__________________
www.weaverwins.com
Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 08:22 PM   #14
Weaver
Member
 
Weaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Baytown... and Austin
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 54


Bike(s):
99 TL1000R









Send a message via AIM to Weaver
also... which one do you have?

i have a 200 tire in the bike...
__________________
www.weaverwins.com
Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 08:25 PM   #15
DOA
MH's slowest 600hp Busa
 
DOA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Feedback Rating: (15)
Posts: 946












Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaver
thatd be great... i could leave a deposit or soemthing of course...

what class hitch are you using?

i just dont want to order something like this to find out that it makes the xterra pop wheelies and handle like ...

of course a trailer would work, but storage etc...
Deposit? I'm not UHaul and then again if I needed a deposit I wouldn't loan it to you in the first place.

It's called t-r-u-s-t. You're on the board and I expect as a member in good standing that you are good for your word, that's good enough for me. I keep it at our warehouse and would need a couple of days notice to get it out and meet up with you.

The hitch is a factory Ford hitch that came with my Excursion. I couldn't tell you what "class" it is aside from that. It's pretty much whatever you can push/pull and put a pin in it to keep it in place.

-d
DOA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 08:26 PM   #16
TxVrod
Senior Member
 
TxVrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 3,233












You're not going to fit a 200 tire on one of those, I don't think. I see more dirt bikes on them than anything.
TxVrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 08:27 PM   #17
TxVrod
Senior Member
 
TxVrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 3,233












Quote:
Originally Posted by DOA
The hitch is a factory Ford hitch that came with my Excursion. I couldn't tell you what "class" it is aside from that. It's pretty much whatever you can push/pull and put a pin in it to keep it in place.

-d
I have an Excursion... it will be JUST fine. (Class III hitch)
TxVrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 08:27 PM   #18
DOA
MH's slowest 600hp Busa
 
DOA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Feedback Rating: (15)
Posts: 946












Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaver
also... which one do you have?

i have a 200 tire in the bike...
I'll have to eye-ball it to figure out which model I have. I honestly don't remember which it is. I never tried loading the Busa on it, so I can't tell you if it could/couldn't accomodate a 200 tire. I'll see if I have time tomorrow to go by and check the model # for you.

-d
DOA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 08:30 PM   #19
Weaver
Member
 
Weaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Baytown... and Austin
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 54


Bike(s):
99 TL1000R









Send a message via AIM to Weaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOA
I'll have to eye-ball it to figure out which model I have. I honestly don't remember which it is. I never tried loading the Busa on it, so I can't tell you if it could/couldn't accomodate a 200 tire. I'll see if I have time tomorrow to go by and check the model # for you.

-d


thanks... id hate to have you yank it out if its not going to work...

im planning on getting another dirt bike when i move back to austin, and occasional track trips would be made with it as well...

i just dont feel like getting another trailer... already have one with 2 jet skis on it...
__________________
www.weaverwins.com
Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 08:32 PM   #20
DOA
MH's slowest 600hp Busa
 
DOA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Feedback Rating: (15)
Posts: 946












Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaver
thanks... id hate to have you yank it out if its not going to work...

im planning on getting another dirt bike when i move back to austin, and occasional track trips would be made with it as well...

i just dont feel like getting another trailer... already have one with 2 jet skis on it...
Not a problem, I'll let you know what model # it is and measure the width to see if it will work out. I'll let you know in the next day or two.

-d
DOA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:13 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy