MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2010, 10:10 AM   #1
Father of Two
Senior Member
 
Father of Two's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Spring/Tomball
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 127

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2009 Yamaha Roadliner 1900
98 Suzuki Bandit 1200 (sold)
85 Ninja 600 (sold years ago)
96 Honda Shadow ACE 1100 (sold)






Car vs. Motorcycle MPG calculator

Ever wonder how much more economical it is to drive your bike vs. your car? I found this simple calculator that does the math.

http://www.obairlann.net/reaper/moto.../mpg-calc.html
Father of Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MPG IllSam09 General Discussion (Moto Related) 39 01-02-2011 09:18 PM
Need Graphing calculator coachdave Off Topic 4 02-10-2009 12:11 AM
Gearing Calculator Jerran V Taking it to the Track 2 08-08-2008 11:01 AM
Gearing Calculator maxgs General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 06-27-2008 06:27 PM
230 mpg car! NoFear Off Topic 8 06-05-2008 01:07 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-15-2010, 10:23 AM   #2
MudBug
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Most northern tip of the southside
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 20,878

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250



Member Garage





User is banned

.
MudBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 10:28 AM   #3
bjaz54
Senior Member
 
bjaz54's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Dickinson
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 617

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2008 cbr1000rr









It's nice to know, but even if it is close to the same economically, it's not. Caging just isn't the same as riding.
bjaz54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 10:29 AM   #4
Scottie
Senior Member
 
Scottie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 245

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
FJR 1300
FZ6 (Raven)








Car vs. Motorcycle MPG calculator

I drive a Ford Expedition and ride an FZ6. I live in Katy and work at the Galleria. I am a member of a company sponsored van pool that leaves from the Kingsland park and ride and taea the I10 HOV lane. By my calculations it takes almost the same amount of gas to drive the Ford to the park and ride and back as it takes to ride the bike along the Westpark tollway. It also takes 30 mins less each way (well worth the $7 in tolls)
__________________
90% of car drivers don't see you. The other 10% are out to get you.
Scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:01 AM   #5
Father of Two
Senior Member
 
Father of Two's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Spring/Tomball
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 127

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2009 Yamaha Roadliner 1900
98 Suzuki Bandit 1200 (sold)
85 Ninja 600 (sold years ago)
96 Honda Shadow ACE 1100 (sold)






My commute is pretty easy: 32 miles round trip 5x/week (160 miles/week) in a car that gets 19 mpg. 50/50 highway/surface roads. On a motorcycle that gets 40 mpg I would save almost $48/month in gas.

For those of you that have wives that say "no" to a motorcycle you can use the savings calculator to make your appeal. What lady wouldn't want to have extra money each month for shopping?
Father of Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:50 AM   #6
ormand
Deelish!
 
ormand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: SE
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 8,835

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 650r
Total Mileage: 42,000





I get about 45-50mpg on my bike (mostly highway) and tolls don't always register. And as a bonus, I tend to get to places much faster. When I am home, I travel 150-200miles per day to get lunch and dinner...so yes, it is very economical, even when compared to my Honda Accord!
__________________
ONET 1
ormand is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:34 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy