MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2010, 04:48 PM   #1
Timme'
Tim-Maaaay!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
08 Triumph Daytona 675

Missing the track

Wow, had no idea I would be missing the track so much this year... Not really much to talk about other than I am a complete dumb for selling the bike and getting rid of my stuff....

Oh well guess that means I get to buy all new stuff :-)

First question is what bike this time? Was thinking maybe an 2010 R1 or some other liter bike but dunno... the new r6 is coming soon. The kawa last year was pretty awesome...

Hummmm... an 1198 would be sweet but man pricey.... the options are just too much some times :-)
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Track days missing?? 0oAndyo0 Taking it to the Track 11 05-30-2013 03:12 PM
missing alpinestary left glove missing Texasthunder General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 05-23-2013 07:00 PM
Missing your track family? MSR Houston 2-9-13 Roll Call RideSmart1 Ridesmart Motorcycle School 45 02-08-2013 10:28 PM
RideSmart Track Day - 7.18.2009 @MSRC - 3.1Mi Track Ridesmart Ridesmart Motorcycle School 16 07-14-2009 07:19 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-13-2010, 04:54 PM   #2
RoadracerNC
Former Dragon Slayer

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Send a message via AIM to RoadracerNC
You're making me not want to sell mine; I believe we gave up riding for the same reasons, if my memory serves me correctly......
Old 05-13-2010, 05:07 PM   #3
Timme'
Tim-Maaaay!

Bike(s):
08 Triumph Daytona 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadracerNC View Post
You're making me not want to sell mine; I believe we gave up riding for the same reasons, if my memory serves me correctly......
Your right we did... But my is still on here every day checking the CMRA site, looking at vids...

I just sold the Triumph to a guy from MH about 4 weeks ago and it is killing me!!! Don't do it... Don't do it... I am like going through depression this week

I can't seem to find anything to take the place of the track pipe...
Old 05-13-2010, 05:36 PM   #4
AJFLo

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50

Rent a 250 and do some mini sprints
Im really happy for you and Im going to let you finish but AJFlo is one of the baddest mother fockers of all time!!!
AJFLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 05:57 PM   #5
burnboy
upliftmofopartyplan

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2011 kawi z 1000

i was going to suggest a daytona 675, lol
Old 05-14-2010, 08:45 AM   #6
Timme'
Tim-Maaaay!

Bike(s):
08 Triumph Daytona 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnboy View Post
i was going to suggest a daytona 675, lol
I don't wanna talk about it anymore... can't believe I am such a dumb .... geeezzzze what was I thinking?
Old 05-14-2010, 03:22 PM   #7
Pre-K

Feedback Rating: (11)

Bike(s):
2012 CBR1000RR
2014 Specialized

Dealers are BLOWING out '09 ZX6's and '08/'09 ZX10's...

And just about everything else... tis a good time to buy, sir!
Pre-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 07:49 AM   #8
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

what's up Timme!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FastLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:24 AM   #9
Timme'
Tim-Maaaay!

Bike(s):
08 Triumph Daytona 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsuki View Post
what's up Timme!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey brotha man... just missing the track and enjoying life! Getting a tad on the chunky side with nothing to motivate me to workout

Ready to see you peeps at the track again reaaaal soon. I am bike shopping at the moment. Don't know what I want to buy to be honest.

Gabe has a sweet GSXR600
Old 05-18-2010, 10:45 AM   #10
RoadracerNC
Former Dragon Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timme' View Post
Hey brotha man... just missing the track and enjoying life! Getting a tad on the chunky side with nothing to motivate me to workout

Ready to see you peeps at the track again reaaaal soon. I am bike shopping at the moment. Don't know what I want to buy to be honest.

Gabe has a sweet GSXR600
How about a 2006 R6 with less than 1,000 miles????
Old 05-25-2010, 10:01 PM   #11
you da man

Experience: 7 years

I did track days since 2002, probably about 10-12 per year, then raced CMRA for 3 seasons making half the races. Sold my race bike in Nov 09 and sold my enclosed trailer about 3 months ago. I don't miss a thing. Although I have a new distraction.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2010_0420Gambler0001.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	35265  
you da man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 09:12 PM   #12
AggieGixxer

Bike(s):
2002 GSX-R600

I know what you mean. My bike has sat in the garage on stands for the past 2 years due to this thing called life (work travel, bought a house, engaged, etc). I started getting the feel for it again and I just couldn't take it. So I popped a new battery in her Saturday and it started right up, and after running kind of rough for a few minutes, she now purrs. I'm going to take the tires off Friday night and hit up TWS (Texas World Speedway) Saturday to get some tires and sign up for TWS (Texas World Speedway) in July. I can't wait!
AggieGixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 09:56 PM   #13
switch
two fifty

Experience: 4 years

adam, put on your big boy pants and hit the track already.
CMRA #250
"Me? I stand for uncertainty, insecurity, bad taste, fun, and things that go boom in the night."
switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 10:22 PM   #14
RoadracerNC
Former Dragon Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by switch View Post
adam, put on your big boy pants and hit the track already.
Dude, if I can't sell the bike, I'm coming back. I'm getting sick of looking at it every time I go into my garage. It should be out at the track getting abused...
Old 06-01-2010, 12:01 AM   #15
ormand
Deelish!

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 650r
Total Mileage: 42,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by you da man View Post
I did track days since 2002, probably about 10-12 per year, then raced CMRA for 3 seasons making half the races. Sold my race bike in Nov 09 and sold my enclosed trailer about 3 months ago. I don't miss a thing. Although I have a new distraction.
Curious...I am used to hearing/reading about how much people MISS the track. What makes you NOT MISS the track so much? Cost? Injury? Is there something I/we should know about before we pursue what you have already done?
Old 06-01-2010, 12:06 AM   #16
Scorpio
Twist the Grip, Let'r Rip

Feedback Rating: (6)

450x sumo (sold)
RC51 (sold)
Honda Grom 125(sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Scorpio
Quote:
Originally Posted by ormand View Post
Curious...I am used to hearing/reading about how much people MISS the track. What makes you NOT MISS the track so much? Cost? Injury? Is there something I/we should know about before we pursue what you have already done?

I'm sure he would miss it plenty if he didn't have something else to keep him occupied.
Just gotta find something to fill the void.
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 07:18 PM   #17
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Costs but not until you get a bit quicker.

Its the most fun you will ever have with your clothes on... Well I guess that thinking doesn't quite apply to you since... You get the idea right?
BigComfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 11:06 AM   #18
Ronnie H.
LSTD Mafioso

Bike(s):
02 CRF450, 03 YZ250F, 04 CRF50, 08 Duc 1098, 10 Aprilia RSV4 Factory

Get a 600!

Feel free to ask me why.
Ronnie H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 11:15 AM   #19
SCRC John
Why am I not a MH sponsor

Feedback Rating: (5)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie H. View Post
Get a 600!

Feel free to ask me why.
.....why?
SCRC John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 03:25 AM   #20
you da man

Experience: 7 years

Quote:
It is a commitment to make it enjoyable. I mean, sure you can take a street bike and do a trackday. However, most of us still make payments on street bikes for a few years and then if we do a trackday of course you're gonna think about "this is my only bike". So then comes the commitment of a track bike. Then if you have a truck, it's all good to haul it to the track in the bed of the truck but then you have tools, fuel cans, tent, chairs, cooler, leathers, helmet, ramp, and if you're in the fast group you need to add spare wheels, tires, maybe a generator. Now your truck is packed and you think, "I need an enclosed trailer". Then you commit to buy one of those. The faster you get, the faster you go through tires and the better tires you need. There's also the possiblity of crashing. I've been lucky, over 100 trackdays and probably around 15 Sundays worth of sprints and only one crash which was a guy next to me highsiding and his body landed in front of me and I ran him over. So basically...not my fault, no pondering "what did I do wrong". I did break my collar bone but oh well, chaulk it up to the game. You figure after then initial investment of bike, gear, tools, spares, and enclosed trailer...you're still spending on average $400 minimum per trackday if count for fuel for the truck, fuel for the bike, fees, food, and tires (if they last 2 maybe 3 trackdays). Race weekend is pretty much double that for the average guy and much more for the fastest guys. I wasn't the fastest guy in the world with 1:54-1:55 TWS (Texas World Speedway) and 1:22-1:23 at Cresson but I was consistant and smooth (so I was told). You do meet great people that will do almost anything for you to help you out of a bind, however, lots of people do this alone or with a spectator friend, girlfriend, or wife. I much rather do a hobby that allows for much more quality time with friends, girlfriend, and/or wife that I can do a couple/few times per week instead of once/twice per month for the same money. I still have the a GSXR street bike to hit the hill country. I have some great twisties just a handful of minutes from my house. The race/track bike thing is/was cool and fun...but the pimped out wakeboat has more benefits. Before anyone tells me the two happiest days of my life will be when I buy the boat and sell the boat...this is my 4th boat.

Last edited by you da man; 06-04-2010 at 03:30 AM.
you da man is offline   Reply With Quote