MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2010, 09:29 AM   #1
JBIRD5363

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
01 50
85 Honda atc 250 sx
95 dr 650

Calling all 650r riders

I want your opinions on the 650r.
I have a rather beat up f4i and am growing tired of working on I was thinking of trading it in a new 650r. Prior to the f4i I had a zzr that really uncomfortable.
I want to know what y'all do and don't like about your 650r what you would change or wouldn't change about them
JBIRD5363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Calling All Riders... Huge Cruise ProvorseD Events, Meets and Rides 108 09-17-2014 09:11 AM
calling all fiddy (mini) Riders!!! BRYAN Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 7 01-17-2011 06:22 PM
Calling All Noob Riders - N.E. Side DNGRMOUSE Events, Meets and Rides 68 06-07-2009 07:27 PM
Calling out all Busa riders... Corona Busa Events, Meets and Rides 245 11-04-2008 11:27 AM
calling all aprilia riders!!!!!!!!!!!!!! H2447INTX General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 07-23-2008 09:18 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-12-2010, 09:35 AM   #2
ThomasNinja650
SSG Coleman

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650-R

Hey Nice. I want to say first off, the 650r is a nice little Sport Touring bike. It's mostly upright position is a Godsend on long trips. 6 speed transmission is great for gas mileage and they are coming out with more and more mods for the platform. The SV's and FZR's I hear are quite nice also because of the upright riding positions. Nice little torque.

650R Platforms
1. 650R
2. ER-N6
3. Versys(sp)
Old 05-12-2010, 10:05 AM   #3
JBIRD5363

Bike(s):
01 50
85 Honda atc 250 sx
95 dr 650

I could care less about the how fast it goes
I want a comfy crotch rocket to take on trips
Old 05-12-2010, 10:09 AM   #4
switch
two fifty

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 10+

i like mine a lot. comfy, does over 100mph, and takes corners like a . good for street duty, twisty backroads, and trackdays.

if you're looking for one at a good price, give sam's cycle sales a call. ask for chris. you could also pm user romeo36.
CMRA #250
"Me? I stand for uncertainty, insecurity, bad taste, fun, and things that go boom in the night."
switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:12 AM   #5
urbanXJ
erect engorged member

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2008 Versys

it's a good motor
urbanXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:19 AM   #6
Navajib

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
Moto-in-a-Box (CRF450R Motard)
Some Dirties
WTB: Adv Moto!

I've toured with it on a 5k mile trip to northern UT and back.
A nice, good sport tourer with smooth delivery of power. And also very comfy other than the fact mine was nekked w/o a windscreen. My legs never get cramped up. It's a good reliable bike. I never liked the looks of it; that's why it's nekked, but the newer models actually look pretty decent.

Ormand's newer 650 is pretty clean since he added a must needed fender eliminator and tail kit.
Navajib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:22 AM   #7
ThomasNinja650
SSG Coleman

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navajib View Post
A nice, good sport tourer with smooth delivery of power. And also very comfy other than the fact mine was nekked w/o a windscreen. My legs never get cramped up. It's a good reliable bike. I never liked the looks of it; that's why it's nekked, but the newer models actually look pretty decent.

Ormand's newer 650 is pretty clean since he added a must needed fender eliminator and tail kit.

I too have grown tired of the full fairings look and I'm currently looking for the ER-N6 headlight assembly and side markers. Went on a ride last Saturday and a new guy to the group had the nekked platform. It's definitely awesome looking.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:49 AM   #8
Alleykat

Feedback Rating: (1)

I love my 09 Ninja 650.My back starts to hurt REALLY fast doing the smallest of things so I didn't think I could have a sporty bike.Well on the 650r it doesn't hurt at all cause of the upright riding position.The dash is all digital too and looks great.

With that said I accidentally got my license suspended recently.The lady that rents out a old house of my moms didn't tell me I had mail.I didn't setup a court date and got my DL suspended till next Feb!!! If I cant pay my way back in,im gonna sell my Ninja cause its too tempting & pointless having it sitting here.Just a heads up.
Alleykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:54 AM   #9
Rallo
The Shogun. Sho'nuff!

Bike(s):
2007 Ninja 650R

My ninja 650 is my first bike so I don't really have anything to compare it to but it is a great all around bike. Great starter bike that is good for experienced riders as well. Good power band for the streets and can get up there when I want to (maybe not 165 like sportbikes but has seen 145). Great on gas and uses regular instead of premium. Seat is fairly comfortable (but not a fan of the 1 piece seat) for long rides and I like that when you sit you feel like you are "in" the bike instead of "on" the bike. Windscreen is large and good in full tuck at higher speeds.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:56 AM   #10
ormand
Deelish!

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 650r
Total Mileage: 42,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alleykat View Post
I love my 09 Ninja 650.My back starts to hurt REALLY fast doing the smallest of things so I didn't think I could have a sporty bike.Well on the 650r it doesn't hurt at all cause of the upright riding position.The dash is all digital too and looks great.

With that said I accidentally got my license suspended recently.The lady that rents out a old house of my moms didn't tell me I had mail.I didn't setup a court date and got my DL suspended till next Feb!!! If I cant pay my way back in,im gonna sell my Ninja cause its too tempting & pointless having it sitting here.Just a heads up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navajib View Post

The 650r is a hooligan bike...cody is testament to that: nod: great bike as a beginner...I intend on keeping mine strictly as a Tourer/commuter. Its like a 350z...does everything well but nothing in particular is great about it. I've ridden 12k mi on mine...cresson and asustin with my road buddies :hllo:
and enjoyed it. The buttocks starts to get soar after 2 hours.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:22 PM   #11
JBIRD5363

Bike(s):
01 50
85 Honda atc 250 sx
95 dr 650

Got to be better than the zzr
Old 05-12-2010, 01:02 PM   #12
BadApple
What?

Bike(s):
2006 CRF450X SuperMotard
2002 *ROCKSTAR* xr50

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by switch View Post
i like mine a lot. comfy, does over 100mph, and takes corners like a . good for street duty, twisty backroads, and trackdays.

if you're looking for one at a good price, give sam's cycle sales a call. ask for chris. you could also pm user romeo36.
+1
Chris has a clean Black 650r with Red Rims in the shop for sale right now...beautiful bike!
BadApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 01:16 PM   #13
switch
two fifty

^ this noob up here is building a 650r trackbike ^
CMRA #250
"Me? I stand for uncertainty, insecurity, bad taste, fun, and things that go boom in the night."
switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 07:02 PM   #14
ely2000

Feedback Rating: (3)

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2014 ducati monster 1200
ninja 650r
zx6r

ya 650r are great bikes little more work in the turns then a 600. But i still love to ride it almost more then my zx6r. upgrades well just a sport bar kit witch makes it little more easy to turn and still has up right sitting.
ely2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement