Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2010, 08:35 AM   #81
GsxrRcr369

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2014 CRF 50 (#1)
2014 CRF 50 (#2)
Schwinn XS Pro Modified 2

+1000000
GsxrRcr369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
off duty cop biker down rip craigntx General Discussion (Moto Related) 39 04-23-2013 03:50 PM
crazy squirrel vs biker joke HALARIOUS! marlboroman71818 Off Topic 16 04-14-2009 12:04 PM
biker makes cop crash Gimpin2Fold General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 02-28-2007 02:05 PM
BIKER TEASES COP PETE General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 12-05-2005 06:15 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-12-2010, 08:44 AM   #82
G's-GIXXER

Experience: 4 years

Wow thats sum wild $h!+.... Now if I get pulled over the first thing ima do is raise my hands up!!!!!!!!!!!! Fk-Dat....
G's-GIXXER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:18 AM   #83
Racer X 05

Feedback Rating: (3)

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2005 R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
I have come to a conclusion. After reading all of the posts and watching all vids I have made my mind up. The videos of his partner giving testimony was very damning. Even after all of the damning evidence I have come to the conclusion that the world would be a better place without Racer X. He is a worthless POS IMO and seems to contribute nothing to this board. I have to conclude his contributions to the world are similar to this board. Its crazy that I have never met this azzhole, yet he makes me want to pizz on his face. His views on the world and humanity are so obscured and biased it makes me sick.
LOL! Keep up the good work Ed(X) Bluewave he'll never change or stop saying Stupid $hit
Old 05-12-2010, 09:35 AM   #84
TomballD

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
DR350
XR50
TDub-200
XR100-Tarded
1981 XR80

There was a thread about this incident on Stuntlife a while back, and apparently the cops in this small township were being real about pullin over bikes. The guy shot was a friend of some of the members, and it got real heated over there. Apparently the cops didnt even lift the bike off him and he ended up with 3rd degree burns all over his legs, I will see if I can link the thread, that cop had no justification for shooting him and that video is really sad.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:12 AM   #85
GAU-8
official thread ender.

Trackdays: 1

by all means people can act/do whatever they want during a traffic stop. But one needs to understand, you need to be very calm, very cool, and very diliberate with your actions when pulled over.

I personally think the LEO was out of line for being jumpy, but on the other hand, if the M.O. didnt do much (actually nothing) to help with the situation

I have posted about this thing before. I have a routine I follow.

right hand up
pull keys out with left hand,
extend out to the left
slowly place keys on ground
tilt head way WAY back
slowly bring in both arms high to remove helmet
place helmet on the ground. while keeping right hand on handle bar
then place left hand on the handlebars

after that I sit there, I do not look back. I wait, until I am approached, OR I am given instructions on what to do next.

it may not be your fault, that an officer puts lead into you spine, but you dont help yourself if you dont act in a very clear manner, showing that your going to be a cool customer..

do you really want to take the risk of the guy approaching that has a weapon, that your not doing you best to ensure, that you arent a threat?
GAU-8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:18 AM   #86
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAU-8 View Post
by all means people can act/do whatever they want during a traffic stop. But one needs to understand, you need to be very calm, very cool, and very diliberate with your actions when pulled over.

I personally think the LEO was out of line for being jumpy, but on the other hand, if the M.O. didnt do much (actually nothing) to help with the situation

right hand up
extend out to the left
tilt head way WAY back

after that I sit there, I do not look back. I wait, until I am approached, OR I am given instructions on what to do next.

it may not be your fault, that an officer puts lead into you spine, but you dont help yourself if you dont act in a very clear manner, showing that your going to be a cool customer..

do you really want to take the risk of the guy approaching that has a weapon, that your not doing you best to ensure, that you arent a threat?
I you kill the bike and sit with your hands on the bars...what can you possibly do to hurt an officer?

That cop was totally in the wrong. He's be convicted. State will be sued.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:18 AM   #87
urbanXJ
erect engorged member

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2008 Versys

yea I even put my hands on my head when pulled over in the truck or car (after turning off the engine)

many times the officer ask "why you put your hands on your head, you a felon?"

I reply

"No, Sir. Just don't like guns pointing at me"
urbanXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:20 AM   #88
GAU-8
official thread ender.

besides, if you still happen to play "lead catcher".. the video will show the proof of you playing along.

I agree the motorcyclist didnt look a threat, but come on, a jumpy situation for the officer to determine whats going on, and you got your hand near your hip.. it gives him ideas that may not be what it looks like
Old 05-12-2010, 10:31 AM   #89
DrAwkwArD
Banned

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 9

User is banned

DrAwkwArD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:38 AM   #90
tonyt915
"Fuckchix"

Feedback Rating: (19)

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
08 Duc Duc Goose Superbike"sold"
08 CBR 6RR " sold"
84 Yamaha Big Wheel 200
76 HD FXE "sold
09 WR450F "sold"

Member Garage

^ no way I enjoy reading how ignorant and self righteous some people are lol makes my live seem that much better.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:49 AM   #91
ddgtomahawk
Write my name! \/

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2016 R1
2001 Honda CBR929 RE
2005 Honda CBR600RR
2007 R6S

Some huge idiots in this thread.

Come here you little cake eating sieg heil .
ddgtomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:00 AM   #92
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddgtomahawk View Post
Some huge idiots in this thread.
ROFLMAO...
Old 05-12-2010, 11:02 AM   #93
Tojo92
AKA Mongo

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II

Quote:

right hand up
extend out to the left
tilt head way WAY back

I usuallly shut the bike off, place the keys on the tank and sit on the bike with both hands on the bars. If I have to wait long enough (before he/she is directly behind me) I will take my helmet off. That is after I have pulled well off the road as well. No need to give a LEO any reason to be stressed when he is about to decide whether or not to give me a ticket.

My 0.02 is that this LEO made a mistake and from the partner's testimony, he knew it as well. Might have been a good guy that made a bad decision; could be a DB that did what he wanted for some reason. Who knows?

It is crappy that his partner felt he was at risk being down range of the shot. I think it points to the need for more training in this instance.

Staton
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance
Tojo92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:03 AM   #94
Challen
MSF Lead Instructor

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2000 ZX12R
2008 250R
2012 ZX10R

First of all, I am the first person to say that if a person runs from the police, I don't care what happens to them (including being shot). Do whatever it takes so the LEO can get back to patrolling my neighborhood.

I'm also one of the first people to stand up and defend law enforcement officers in most cases.............

HOWEVER,

From watching the video, this shooting was NOT justified in any way. No indication that they were running, no movement (to me) that looked like he was drawing a weapon, and his back was to the officer.

Again, just from the evidence I saw, I hope the officer goes to jail for awhile.

And just FYI, Racer X does NOT teach at our school.
Challen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:55 AM   #95
GAU-8
official thread ender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.P View Post
you kill the bike and sit with your hands on the bars...what can you possibly do to hurt an officer?

That cop was totally in the wrong. He's be convicted. State will be sued.

Sitting with your hands on the bars, showing that you are not an immediate danger to him is one thing.

Not removing the keys is seperate issue going through the LEO's head. Until the officer sees keys out of ignition , you are a flight risk in his mind.

I eliminate all possibility of having a motorcycle on my , an officer on my back, contorting my arms into painful manuevers, screaming at me
and my face in the frozen grass, with dirt in my mouth.

once when you cross that line of " i made a mistake..my actions were not clear", you learn to not do anything that will put you even remotely close to that mistake again.

yes the officer F'd up. but the motorcyclist did nothing to help himself out of the situation.

Last edited by GAU-8; 05-12-2010 at 11:57 AM.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:28 PM   #96
jrfitzny
Derriere Extraordinaire

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
1948 Harley Flathead w/ sidecar
2008 Buell 1125R
2004 CRF Fiddy

Send a message via Skype™ to jrfitzny
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomballD View Post
Apparently the cops didnt even lift the bike off him and he ended up with 3rd degree burns all over his legs...
I heard the same thing. Pretty messed up that the cop shoots this guy in the back, let's the bike fall on him...and demands that he put his hands up while he's gushing blood, probably in shock, and his leg is melting from the exhaust/engine heat.
jrfitzny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 12:33 PM   #97
fecnik
beispiel?

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2007 R1

Send a message via AIM to fecnik
to everyone that hates racer x...

1. user cp
2. edit ignore list
3. enter racer x
4. hit okay
5. Profit

OR you can just ignore it...just sayin..

for the record, i think it's hilarious all the he sturs.
fecnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 12:33 PM   #98
GsxrRcr369

Bike(s):
2014 CRF 50 (#1)
2014 CRF 50 (#2)
Schwinn XS Pro Modified 2

Quote:
Sitting with your hands on the bars, showing that you are not an immediate danger to him is one thing.

Not removing the keys is seperate issue going through the LEO's head. Until the officer sees keys out of ignition , you are a flight risk in his mind.

I eliminate all possibility of having a motorcycle on my , an officer on my back, contorting my arms into painful manuevers, screaming at me
and my face in the frozen grass, with dirt in my mouth.

once when you cross that line of " i made a mistake..my actions were not clear", you learn to not do anything that will put you even remotely close to that mistake again.

yes the officer F'd up. but the motorcyclist did nothing to help himself out of the situation.

I have never owned a cruiser but have had a few friends that have or still do and from what I recall most if not all of their keys are down on the side of their bike. So if they were sitting on the bike they would have to lean down and reach to turn it off which from behind would prob look like they were trying to find something, which I would think would have ended with the same result. I could be wrong but that is what I keep thinking in refrence to taking the key out and the bikes in the vid.
GsxrRcr369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 12:58 PM   #99
Pyrogenic
Annuit Coeptis Celeritas

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2001 FZ1

Member Garage

Bad judgement caused this guy's life to be forever changed. I don't know all the circumstances, but I'm sure someone's getting sued.
-
that being said - what's up with these threads?

1) some run from cops, and are not aware the serious situation they create
2) some have elaborate processes for dealing with getting pulled over
3) some know they will get their tickets dismissed by a lawyer

I guess I spend too much time enjoying the riding, and not enough planning for 'inevitable' incidents with the law....?

Pyrogenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 12:59 PM   #100
DepPravacion
The Re-Incarnate

Bike(s):
2005 CBR 600RR

that sucks
DepPravacion is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement