Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2010, 12:22 PM   #21
jrfitzny
Derriere Extraordinaire
 
jrfitzny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Heights
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 608

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
1948 Harley Flathead w/ sidecar
2008 Buell 1125R
2004 CRF Fiddy







Send a message via Skype™ to jrfitzny
Quote:
Originally Posted by klassik View Post
no way. a buddy of mine stunt rides a buell and his parts are always way cheap compared to japanese
I was referring to chrome pipes and leather tassles

Now that Buell has gone bye bye, I would be expecting higher prices for OEM parts over the next 7 years as well as huge backorders on parts.
jrfitzny is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
maybe one of our sponsors can start this? PimpRice The Circus 5 02-20-2013 06:50 AM
Thank you to my 2010 sponsors. houseofpaint Taking it to the Track 9 01-15-2010 09:52 AM
Sponsors Map CaligoneTx Forum Updates & Feedback 14 12-13-2009 10:41 PM
M H Sponsors Javi Forum Updates & Feedback 39 05-09-2007 03:47 PM
Sponsors. L@@K! Mr. Unassailable General Discussion (Moto Related) 30 03-26-2007 05:19 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-12-2010, 12:31 PM   #22
Texmex1
Bzzzzzzzzz
 
Texmex1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: In my own little world.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,496

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
`
03 Ruckus
77 MT125R
89 GB500
2015 Xbox One






Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerSurgeD View Post
ya you MIGHT find a few but most owners/managers don't care any more...i do know the guys at stubbs usually have a yearly ride with goodies and stuff.
You bring up a good point:

We all ride, the problem is we are spending all of our time trying to survive in this economy just like all of you, the only difference is we don't go on public forums and call you theives or stealerships , then want you to have a party for us...

Stubbs hosts several gatherings throughout the year and give away more swag than almost any other dealer in Houston, and I try to host the MotoGP viewings on my own time, but we are a brick and morter business that needs to turn a profit to stay in business and be here for the motorcycling community...
It very easy to sit back on a forum and spew generalizations on the local dealerships out there, its another to walk in a dealership, find the guys that actively post on here and try to give them some business, so I say to you all, STEP UP!

Nuff said...
Texmex1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 04:48 PM   #23
miguel!!
dont forget the streets
 
miguel!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: houston north west
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 3,566

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
f thrill




Member Garage





Stunting isnt big in texas as compared to cali, just like the gp in laguna, cali is were its at
__________________
miguel!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 05:36 PM   #24
PowerSurgeD
is on indefinite hiatus
 
PowerSurgeD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Manvel
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 5,735

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2005 crf 50,
2008 drz400sm
2001 cbrf4i


Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Texmex1 View Post
You bring up a good point:

We all ride, the problem is we are spending all of our time trying to survive in this economy just like all of you, the only difference is we don't go on public forums and call you theives or stealerships , then want you to have a party for us...

Stubbs hosts several gatherings throughout the year and give away more swag than almost any other dealer in Houston, and I try to host the MotoGP viewings on my own time, but we are a brick and morter business that needs to turn a profit to stay in business and be here for the motorcycling community...
It very easy to sit back on a forum and spew generalizations on the local dealerships out there, its another to walk in a dealership, find the guys that actively post on here and try to give them some business, so I say to you all, STEP UP!

Nuff said...

stubbs hooks it up, and i respect them guys over there ...not hating on any dealership or a little shop on the come up, my thing is they don't show any love or anything, i've asked for tiny basic sponsorships and got laughed at...i know im not some pro stunt rider but im pretty decent, i've asked for basics, 2 sets of brake pads(front and rear) a year, and 2 oil and filter changes,and used tires with some decent tread left,...in return I/we offered to do 1 free show a year,advertise in every video clip i/we make(which would be a vid every 30 days or so) and put the company stickers/logo on our helmets, truck, and bikes and sent everyone we know to them. the best offer was %10 off ...it honestly makes me not want to support a local shop at all, i think shops advertise in the wrong area's most of the time...
__________________
Stunt riding is dead.
PowerSurgeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 05:42 PM   #25
Texmex1
Bzzzzzzzzz
 
Texmex1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: In my own little world.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,496

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
`
03 Ruckus
77 MT125R
89 GB500
2015 Xbox One






Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerSurgeD View Post
stubbs hooks it up, and i respect them guys over there ...not hating on any dealership or a little shop on the come up, my thing is they don't show any love or anything, i've asked for tiny basic sponsorships and got laughed at...i know im not some pro stunt rider but im pretty decent, i've asked for basics, 2 sets of brake pads(front and rear) a year, and 2 oil and filter changes,and used tires with some decent tread left,...in return I/we offered to do 1 free show a year,advertise in every video clip i/we make(which would be a vid every 30 days or so) and put the company stickers/logo on our helmets, truck, and bikes and sent everyone we know to them. the best offer was %10 off ...it honestly makes me not want to support a local shop at all, i think shops advertise in the wrong area's most of the time...
Put something together and bring it to me, I could probably handle the pads/oil changes, and used tires, and I would probably take you up on a show here during an open house......
Texmex1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 07:26 PM   #26
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide
 
CaligoneTx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Valhalla
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 21,558

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)






Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel!! View Post
cali is were its at
I am the bee's knees


Anyways,


BikeNights at bars w patios is about the closest thing we get around here since they offer a bit more then normal casual meets. Our one big city has its own fractions and seems to divide by them.

Getting the word out is difficult and getting people to commit when there are so many other local options is hard. Cost is always a concern, location, then dealing w the troublemakers that cant keep their bike quiet and enter/leave wo making a scene. Attraction of the cops kills the mood and possibility for repeat events.

Most bike nights go strong for first 3-4 then drop like a fly unfortunately. Wo the strength of good leadership, commitment and advertising (along w something to offer at the event instead of simply a place to meet) its difficult to keep it afloat. If one day is not as grand as the time before you hear "man I aint coming back" then that rider and several others follow their lead.

It would be awesome to have a regular monthly meet w all types of bikes, multiple sponsors, food, drink, demonstrations, stunt spots on and on
__________________
triumphsig
CaligoneTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 07:56 PM   #27
signpimp
Senior Member
 
signpimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 781

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2002 klx110









Send a message via MSN to signpimp
Cali, you hit the nail on the head!!! could not have said it better myself!!
signpimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 07:59 PM   #28
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide
 
CaligoneTx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Valhalla
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 21,558

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)






Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
I cant do much but I'd help where I can to make something happen if others have ideas.

Much good comes from these meets from inspiration for bike mods, stunt inspiration watching the professionals, meet new peeps, stress gear...



This is the season for EVERYONE that rides to be out and about....
__________________
triumphsig
CaligoneTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:18 PM   #29
miguel!!
dont forget the streets
 
miguel!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: houston north west
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 3,566

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
f thrill




Member Garage





Im not professional, not even decent , but if i ever get good im sticking with this shop they allways been good to me ..

sams
__________________
miguel!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:36 PM   #30
klassik
Senior Member
 
klassik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Rosharon Tx
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 7,984

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
929
rnz450








Quote:
Originally Posted by Texmex1 View Post
You bring up a good point:

We all ride, the problem is we are spending all of our time trying to survive in this economy just like all of you, the only difference is we don't go on public forums and call you theives or stealerships , then want you to have a party for us...

Stubbs hosts several gatherings throughout the year and give away more swag than almost any other dealer in Houston, and I try to host the MotoGP viewings on my own time, but we are a brick and morter business that needs to turn a profit to stay in business and be here for the motorcycling community...
It very easy to sit back on a forum and spew generalizations on the local dealerships out there, its another to walk in a dealership, find the guys that actively post on here and try to give them some business, so I say to you all, STEP UP!

Nuff said...
whoa! whoa! ive never dogged any specific shop or called anyplace a stealership. i understand that yall have to make money. i just thought it was a cool video and an idea i have had for a big local dealership to do and turn that profit while building a good relationship with their customers. not sayin i want anything to do with it at all. im just sayin this sounds like a good idea and wondering why no one has stepped up and done it yet.
klassik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:17 PM   #31
DvlRacer
cerca trova
 
DvlRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Feedback Rating: (52)
Posts: 16,446







Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerSurgeD View Post
stubbs hooks it up, and i respect them guys over there ...not hating on any dealership or a little shop on the come up, my thing is they don't show any love or anything, i've asked for tiny basic sponsorships and got laughed at...i know im not some pro stunt rider but im pretty decent, i've asked for basics, 2 sets of brake pads(front and rear) a year, and 2 oil and filter changes,and used tires with some decent tread left,...in return I/we offered to do 1 free show a year,advertise in every video clip i/we make(which would be a vid every 30 days or so) and put the company stickers/logo on our helmets, truck, and bikes and sent everyone we know to them. the best offer was %10 off ...it honestly makes me not want to support a local shop at all, i think shops advertise in the wrong area's most of the time...
Sounds like you have a personal issue with some shops, maybe they are already sponsoring 10 stunter, maybe they are sponsoring some racers. You seem very annoyed with how they spend THEIR money on advertising?
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:18 PM   #32
DvlRacer
cerca trova
 
DvlRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Feedback Rating: (52)
Posts: 16,446







Member Garage





To comment on the OP, I think if one of the major shops would stay open late once a week/month for a big meet it could be very beneficial to their business.
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:42 PM   #33
PowerSurgeD
is on indefinite hiatus
 
PowerSurgeD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Manvel
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 5,735

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2005 crf 50,
2008 drz400sm
2001 cbrf4i


Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
Sounds like you have a personal issue with some shops, maybe they are already sponsoring 10 stunter, maybe they are sponsoring some racers. You seem very annoyed with how they spend THEIR money on advertising?

personal issues? no way, i've worked at some shops around here and left all in good terms, what i'm getting at is that i've seen them spend or just blow money on nonsense, then say they don't have the funds to do other things. Yes sponsoring someone is a chance, but with the offer's i've made it would be a win win for the shop/owner no matter what. One free stunt show, from two riders is gonna be about $600 and we are cheaper then MOST by far. I respect the shops/owners and respect there decisions. Only thing i'm getting at is sponsoring someone who is always Down To Ride (DTR), in the game and scene hard and goes everywhere locally,out of town and a few shows a year would be way more advertising then a ad in a paper! If someone tells you "hey bro go to this shop they are awesome, awesome people,awesome shop, and will NEVER put it in your ! these guys know what they are doing and they do it right everytime!) goes further and has more back bone then just some ad, if you don't think im right, ask patrick, word of mouth is so powerful.

In the end, it be a racer, a stunter or a street rider that puts on a bunch of local rides, they would be a terrific candidate for a small sponsorship, In this sponsorship it would be small things to build a relationship and see how much kick back they get from the rider, I'm not up here begging for anything or demanding a new bike for free...just saying i don't see alot of shops stepping up and helping small timers that are struggling to keep riding due to tires,oil,brake pads, yes they are cheap but these things need replacing often. just sayin,...
__________________
Stunt riding is dead.
PowerSurgeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:54 PM   #34
DvlRacer
cerca trova
 
DvlRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Feedback Rating: (52)
Posts: 16,446







Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerSurgeD View Post
personal issues? no way, i've worked at some shops around here and left all in good terms, what i'm getting at is that i've seen them spend or just blow money on nonsense, then say they don't have the funds to do other things. Yes sponsoring someone is a chance, but with the offer's i've made it would be a win win for the shop/owner no matter what. One free stunt show, from two riders is gonna be about $600 and we are cheaper then MOST by far. I respect the shops/owners and respect there decisions. Only thing i'm getting at is sponsoring someone who is always Down To Ride (DTR), in the game and scene hard and goes everywhere locally,out of town and a few shows a year would be way more advertising then a ad in a paper! If someone tells you "hey bro go to this shop they are awesome, awesome people,awesome shop, and will NEVER put it in your ! these guys know what they are doing and they do it right everytime!) goes further and has more back bone then just some ad, if you don't think im right, ask patrick, word of mouth is so powerful.

In the end, it be a racer, a stunter or a street rider that puts on a bunch of local rides, they would be a terrific candidate for a small sponsorship, In this sponsorship it would be small things to build a relationship and see how much kick back they get from the rider, I'm not up here begging for anything or demanding a new bike for free...just saying i don't see alot of shops stepping up and helping small timers that are struggling to keep riding due to tires,oil,brake pads, yes they are cheap but these things need replacing often. just sayin,...
Talk about me, me, me
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 07:32 AM   #35
miguel!!
dont forget the streets
 
miguel!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: houston north west
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 3,566

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
f thrill




Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
Talk about me, me, me
__________________
miguel!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:41 AM   #36
klassik
Senior Member
 
klassik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Rosharon Tx
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 7,984

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
929
rnz450








Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
To comment on the OP, I think if one of the major shops would stay open late once a week/month for a big meet it could be very beneficial to their business.
thats what ive been saying this whole thread.
klassik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:54 AM   #37
switch
two fifty
 
switch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 7,237

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 10+











its more fun to ride than to pose at a meet.
__________________
CMRA #250
"Me? I stand for uncertainty, insecurity, bad taste, fun, and things that go boom in the night."
switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 10:38 AM   #38
Ares
Senior Member
 
Ares's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sweetland
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 2,501

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
Z-rex ZRX1200r
Ninjette 250ex - SOLD :'|
Blondie ZX6R - SOLD :'|







Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
I am the bee's knees
This. (and the entire post after that)
__________________
RIP Rocky Umali & blue 04 r6
Watch over us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
I got the hint and dropped to the back of the ranks just in front of Ares, who btw rocks the outta that 250.
Ares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 12:26 PM   #39
klassik
Senior Member
 
klassik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Rosharon Tx
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 7,984

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
929
rnz450








Quote:
Originally Posted by switch View Post
its more fun to ride than to pose at a meet.
your tellin me if some shop on the westside of town held a wed. night bike night with stunts free food and giveaways you wouldnt stop in? or even better yet if they kept the shop fully open so you could get an oil change or tire change while you watch stunts and food you wouldnt stop in one time at all?
klassik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 12:51 PM   #40
Azylum
The Chosen One
 
Azylum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ellington
Feedback Rating: (23)
Posts: 39,629

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2











Quote:
Originally Posted by ormand View Post
The prospects for deelish are compelling
you will be saddened when you find out there will be no boiled goat testicles or three week old curry served.
__________________
motohoustonlogo
Bringing back the old school.
Azylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:52 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy