MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2010, 09:41 AM   #1
Redux

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
grasshopper

Police vehicles keep endangering me. v.rant

Few days ago I was on 1960 around 11pm. I was turning left to get onto 1960, so I was waiting patiently for the long cycle time of the traffic light. Finally the light turns green and I procede to make a left turn onto 1960 towards I-45.

At this point a police cruiser runs the red light on 1960 and almost t-bones me coming inches away from my front wheel. No lights, no sirens, just cruising down 1960 at a high rate of speed with disregard for anyones safety.
I thanked the deities and proceeded to get home shaken up.

Next morning while going to work on I-10 in traffic an officer merges into my lane while looking at the computer screen. I stepped on the brakes hard, luckily lady behind me was driving a late-model Mercedes and those things stop on a dime, if not by themselves.

Today on my way to work, again, on Sawdust road. I'm going with the traffic. Moto cop on a Harley monitoring traffic from a gas station sees me, hastily starts his bike and pulls into into traffic. Makes an effort to catch up with me. Problem is the speed limit is 30 and I have just made it to the access road to my job so I am slowing down to make a right. Long story short, the cop almost ends up rear ending me. As I'm turning I hear the brakes squeak and the engine in my right ear, along with his headlight taking up my entire right mirror. After I complete the turn I hear him drop a few gears and resume the offended "potato" sounds attempting to regain RPM's.

Thus, dear officers of the law. It would be nice if:
You actually respected the laws you are so keen to enforce.
Would stop harassing people based on appearance.
Concentrated on things like theft recovery instead of traffic tickets.

It is a tragedy that I now have to watch out for you on the road because you keep endangering me more than the average driver. Average drivers are predictable - you are not.
Redux is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Memorial Villages Police Rant morvegil General Discussion (Moto Related) 109 10-19-2011 02:31 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-06-2010, 09:51 AM   #2
Mr.D

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
ZZR 600
2007 GSXR 600
VFR 800
Honda Stunt 50

HPD has an entire division dedicated to recovery of stolen vehicles.

To be honest: the only people who write tickets often are people needing overtime money and those who work traffic division. The rest of HPD sees it as more work. Many of them don't like doing more work.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:58 AM   #3
kdog22
Wheelie it son..

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto
1988 Honda ZB50 - For Sale

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux View Post
Few days ago I was on 1960 around 11pm. I was turning left to get onto 1960, so I was waiting patiently for the long cycle time of the traffic light. Finally the light turns green and I procede to make a left turn onto 1960 towards I-45.

At this point a police cruiser runs the red light on 1960 and almost t-bones me coming inches away from my front wheel. No lights, no sirens, just cruising down 1960 at a high rate of speed with disregard for anyones safety.

Next morning while going to work on I-10 in traffic an officer merges into my lane while looking at the computer screen. I stepped on the brakes hard, luckily lady behind me was driving a late-model Mercedes and those things stop on a dime, if not by themselves.

Today on my way to work, again, on Sawdust road. I'm going with the traffic. Moto cop on a Harley monitoring traffic from a gas station sees me, hastily starts his bike and pulls into into traffic. Makes an effort to catch up with me. Problem is the speed limit is 30 and I have just made it to the access road to my job so I am slowing down to make a right. Long story short, the cop almost ends up rear ending me. As I'm turning I hear the brakes squeak and the engine in my right ear, along with his headlight taking up my entire right mirror. After I complete the turn I hear him drop a few gears and resume the offended "potato" sounds attempting to regain RPM's.

It is a tragedy that I now have to watch out for you on the road because you keep endangering me more than the average driver. Average drivers are predictable - you are not.

Those cops would have been made aware of my middle finger out of habit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Muhammad.........Nostradamus..........Kdog
The cycle continues.
kdog22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:05 AM   #4
tommy832

Feedback Rating: (0)

Quote:

agreed word for word
tommy832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:29 AM   #5
DrAwkwArD
Banned

Trackdays: 9

User is banned

DrAwkwArD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 11:00 AM   #6
G's-GIXXER

Experience: 4 years

All you have to say is..."Officer, with all due respect..." then you can tell him whatever like your beeing an A hole or whatever...it works!lol
G's-GIXXER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 11:11 AM   #7
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Feedback Rating: (14)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

Maybe they were trying to ascertain how loud is your exhaust.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:23 AM   #8
babymilo36
Occupy Central

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Specialized Allez Elite

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by G's-GIXXER View Post
All you have to say is..."Officer, with all due respect..." then you can tell him whatever like your beeing an A hole or whatever...it works!lol

CMRA #620
Wreck it Pandas #68
babymilo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 11:36 AM   #9
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Should have let one of them hit you. Houston would then be renamed Reduxtown
Bevo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 11:44 AM   #10
Redux

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
To be honest: the only people who write tickets often are people needing overtime money
Sounds like they are milking the public system for personal gain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Should have let one of them hit you. Houston would then be renamed Reduxtown
Because everyone know that when a government entity, especially a police officer, is at fault they act civil, take responsibility for their actions, and not kick you when you're already down.
Redux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 11:49 AM   #11
stumpykola

Bike(s):
1998 s10 :( ineedmoney
2008 gsxr 600 (SOLD)
2009 ninja 250 (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAwkwArD View Post
Oh ya. Most people don't realize that while it may gain you unwanted attention, flipping off a cop is perfectly legal and sometimes perfectly suitable.
actually no its not its considered vulgarity and also a form of verbal assult. give it a try and see what happens.
stumpykola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 11:52 AM   #12
stumpykola

Bike(s):
1998 s10 :( ineedmoney
2008 gsxr 600 (SOLD)
2009 ninja 250 (Sold)

Quote:

agreed people in general need to be made aware that motorcycles are out there and the rider does not have 2 thousand pounds of armour protecting them. but the one bike cop should known better.
stumpykola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 02:23 PM   #13
Warmaster259

Bike(s):
2002 ZRX 1200
2002 ZX12r
2001 KX125
2002 400EX Quad

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpykola View Post
actually no its not its considered vulgarity and also a form of verbal assult. give it a try and see what happens.
Actually you are incorrect, its protected by a little thing called the first amendment.
Old 05-06-2010, 02:27 PM   #14
tex_garza
can a busa be a trackbike

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2009 hayabusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmaster259 View Post
Actually you are incorrect, its protected by a little thing called the first amendment.
actually u are incorrect it is considered a lewd act and is a class c misdemeanor
tex_garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 02:30 PM   #15
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL
2013 Triumph Trophy SE (sold)
2009 Harley-Davidson Road Glide(sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1300T (sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1100 (sold)

Send a message via Yahoo to honorsdaddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by tex_garza View Post
actually u are incorrect it is considered a lewd act and is a class c misdemeanor
Care to present the statute?
Old 05-06-2010, 02:42 PM   #16
gtdrivr
Al Gore lied to me.

Bike(s):
CBR954 arrrr arrrr

I had one follow me for 22 miles last week. He stayed about 2 feet off my rear tire. He stopped with me to get gas, and continued to follow me dangerously close.

As far as I know, flipping someone off is harassment.

Riding the back roads of heaven.

gtdrivr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 02:51 PM   #17
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtdrivr View Post
I had one follow me for 22 miles last week. He stayed about 2 feet off my rear tire. He stopped with me to get gas, and continued to follow me dangerously close.

As far as I know, flipping someone off is harassment.
So he stayed on your at a dangerously close following distance for a period, followed you onto private property while you conducted private business, and then proceeded to further endanger your life?

Now I don't know about you, but personally, at about mile 2 with him following that close, I'd pull over and ask him WTF he thought he was doing...
Old 05-06-2010, 02:58 PM   #18
DepPravacion
The Re-Incarnate

Bike(s):
2005 CBR 600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpykola View Post
yea i think you are right on that one, this is where a
big is used.
satire and sarcasm are the way to go
DepPravacion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 03:00 PM   #19
DepPravacion
The Re-Incarnate

Bike(s):
2005 CBR 600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
So he stayed on your at a dangerously close following distance for a period, followed you onto private property while you conducted private business, and then proceeded to further endanger your life?

Now I don't know about you, but personally, at about mile 2 with him following that close, I'd pull over and ask him WTF he thought he was doing...

i like the way you think
DepPravacion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 03:10 PM   #20
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepPravacion View Post

i like the way you think
Thanks...however, there's at least one cop on here who thinks my attitude is reprehensible and an indicator that I'm a future member of the Graybar Hotel frequent stay club....

Advertisement