Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2010, 07:14 PM   #21
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinnlyn View Post
Sweet. Thanks posting this thread up. Im riding from Tampa to Detroit in 2 weeks. Im gonna try one of these. I've done two 1300+ mile trips without one (Detroit-Houston & Hoston-Ft lauderdale) and it does kind suck after a bit. Hopefully this will help with some of the fatigue issues.
i always wanted to have one, but it just never found the right one.
floyd600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Old-school sport bikes Gixxerguy86 Vintage / Cafe Racers 34 11-24-2016 07:01 PM
Naked bikes for touring/ long distances Nuclear General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 01-02-2013 04:12 PM
sport bikes for cops greaselightnin General Discussion (Moto Related) 74 04-25-2010 03:05 AM
Starter Sport Bikes....which.... Slingblade92 General Discussion (Moto Related) 32 04-05-2006 10:54 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-05-2010, 07:20 PM   #22
mikes-si

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2006 kawasaki zx-6r

I rode to San Marcos 2 weeks ago (30 miles south of Austin) to bring my bike up to school, I didn't have that much trouble with my wrist hurting it was mainly my inner hand/palm from gripping.

I would definitely recommend at least the cramp buster or the throttle meister.

just my .02
mikes-si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:12 PM   #23
Mark06gsxr
Let 'er eat

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
06/09 hybrid gsxr 750
'08 Duc' 848(sold)
'06 Gsxr 1000(sold)
'02 954rr(sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinnlyn View Post
Sweet. Thanks posting this thread up. Im riding from Tampa to Detroit in 2 weeks. Im gonna try one of these. I've done two 1300+ mile trips without one (Detroit-Houston & Hoston-Ft lauderdale) and it does kind suck after a bit. Hopefully this will help with some of the fatigue issues.
I used my last one ALL the time.. Even on short straights. Half the time I will set it to the speed I want, and pull some Gixxerbill antics.. Sitting on the back seat.. goofing off.. Only on the highway in the middle of nowhere tho

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikes-si View Post
I rode to San Marcos 2 weeks ago (30 miles south of Austin) to bring my bike up to school, I didn't have that much trouble with my wrist hurting it was mainly my inner hand/palm from gripping.

I would definitely recommend at least the cramp buster or the throttle meister.

just my .02
You need to squeeze the tank more and hold yourself up with your abs. It will make it much easier on your hands.. esp when braking.

Last edited by Mark06gsxr; 05-05-2010 at 08:14 PM.
Mark06gsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:43 PM   #24
1340HIGH
1340HIGH

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Harley FXDC
420 Honda Rancher ATV

I have seen the throttlemiser and it looks good, however I am always on a budget.

I tried a Vista Cruise for about $35 (On a 1200 Bandit) it clamped to the handle bar by the kill swith and supported a throttle clamp by a brace reaching across the switch but out of its way.

It was OK but I had to set the clamp for more resistance than I cared for or it would not hold speed for more than a few minutes.

Also tried a cramp buster its OK but you still have your hand resting on the control.
Maybe thats a good thing.

Based on the amount for riding you are doing and all the positve feed back on the throttle miser sounds like you should spend the money for one.
1340HIGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:24 PM   #25
ThomasNinja650
SSG Coleman

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650-R

WTH? Throttle assist? Somewhere, an old Harley guy is crying silently into his beer over this issue.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:29 AM   #26
KEITH HUBBARD
JOKERMAN

Bike(s):
1300 V STAR YAMAHA
KZ 650 KAWASAKI
HONDA CB 550
TS125 SUZUKI
HARLEY DAVIDSON 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migue View Post
I use a "throttle rocker" it costs around 10bux and it'll pretty much fit any handle bar,you just apply pressure with the bottom of your palm and it'll twist the throttle for ya.

Used it on my VA to TX trip and it worked well,i leave it on my bike since I'm so used to it already.
hey man, remember you posting up on another forum when you came to Houston a few months back.
Hope you are enjoying the riding here in Texas.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:11 PM   #27
Migue

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
'09 Ninja 250(SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEITH HUBBARD View Post
hey man, remember you posting up on another forum when you came to Houston a few months back.
Hope you are enjoying the riding here in Texas.
was it the kawi forums?? probably. Yeah i'm definately enjoying the riding down here man,it's awesome.
Migue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 12:13 PM   #28
KEITH HUBBARD
JOKERMAN

Bike(s):
1300 V STAR YAMAHA
KZ 650 KAWASAKI
HONDA CB 550
TS125 SUZUKI
HARLEY DAVIDSON 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migue View Post
was it the kawi forums?? probably. Yeah i'm definately enjoying the riding down here man,it's awesome.
yes it was that forum , my post name is iron pony on that forum.
You still rididng the 250 ?