MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Safety Corner > Gear Talk
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2010, 08:22 PM   #1
exalted512
Slow^^^

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via AIM to exalted512
2-pc track day leathers with air flow? (and gloves too)

I'm looking to get some 2-piece leathers as I plan on doing some track days towards the end of this summer or next summer, question is, which one's arent going to kill me from the heat?

I would like to keep the price as cheap as possible, but I dont want to skimp out either, so I dont mind spending $900-1000, but id REALLY rather stick to the $500-700 range.

I've went through all 15 pages of this forum and found a little information on it. Seems quite a bit of people recommend the Fieldsheer Flex, but I cant find it anywhere in a 2-pc...maybe its called something different now?

A lot of people also recommend going to motorcyles unlimited, which I plan on doing, but its a couple hour ride for me, so I would like an idea of what I'm looking to get before I make the trip.

I also need to get a pair of gloves too. These are what I have currently:
http://www.newenough.com/street/glov...le_gloves.html

Would I be able to do a track day with those or do I need a full gauntlet glove? If I can use those, that would be awesome because I'm going to be running low on cash after the suit and boots...I'm getting the Sidi Vortice Air boots...so I have decided something on my own...haha.

But any advice on 2-pc leathers that have good air flow would be greatly appreciated.
-Cody
exalted512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Catylist system below efficiency p220, but cat is new, replace mass air flow sesnor? urbanXJ Car Forum 32 05-14-2013 04:09 PM
1st Time Track Riders - 50% off and FREE leathers and boot - TWS (Texas World Speedway) Labor Day cdill35 Ridesmart Motorcycle School 13 08-23-2012 10:46 AM
What lid has the best air-flow??? AaronP220 Gear Talk 21 11-03-2009 01:27 PM
TWS (Texas World Speedway) Tracy Day Time Flow Ridesmart Ridesmart Motorcycle School 3 05-08-2009 05:33 PM
1 pc. vs 2 pc. leathers navigator Taking it to the Track 10 10-13-2008 12:28 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-04-2010, 08:42 PM   #2
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

You could probably get away with those gloves, gauntlets would be better as the offer better wrist protection and help prevent the sleeves from rolling up.

Lone Star Trackdays says:

The Gear

Full face DOT/Snell approved helmet not older than 5 years (a flip-up helmet is not a full-face helmet).
Leather/motorcycle boots that extend above the ankle.
Full-finger motorcycle gloves, preferably extending past the wrist.
Advanced Group must have one piece or two piece leathers (it is recommended that 2 piece leathers zip together in some form).
Intermediate/B and Riders School/C Groups may use full leathers, OR, one/two piece Cordura or synthetic/heavy duty nylon riding suits (lightweight mesh suites are not appropriate).
Back protector highly recommended.

And RideSmart says:

Gloves
Gloves must be full fingered and either leather, or non-leather motorcycling gloves. They must cover 1 past your wrist and have a functioning closure. Gloves must not be torn or extremely worn. They must completely cover your hands and not have holes (other than manufactured vent holes). We also have a few sets of gloves if you are in need.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:29 PM   #3
PYROBUG51
GMFS Racing

Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 750 Track
06 R6 Track

04 ZX6RR NINJA (STOLEN)

Why only stuck on a 2pc? A one Pc will work!
heres a 2 pc new for 599.99 by komodo
i got my one pc for 500.00 and love it...add komodo on facebook and email them ...they will help ya
PYROBUG51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:32 PM   #4
kenup283

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
01 Bandit 1200

Member Garage

I have fieldshear 2 piece I got off CL a couple years ago. The pants are preferated and so is the jacket in some areas. To stay cool you'll want to get an undersuit, like underarmor, to wick away sweat and make it possible to get in and out of the leathers. Also make sure the 2 piece zip together.

When I need new gear I think I'll go for better gloves and boots but I'll still look for used set of leathers. Probably a 1 piece. I've seen some good deals on here from time to time that are well within the low end of your price range.

Since you have time to look you can pick up a decent set used. Deals pop up every now and then on decent enough used gear to get you out there. Also some groups rent leathers at track days too.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:46 PM   #5
exalted512
Slow^^^

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

The reason for the 2-pc over 1-pc is I want something for the street as well, and it also gives me an extra jacket to wear when I'm not wearing the pants.

I definitely have to have one that has the full circumference zipper.

Pyro, do you have a link to the Komodo you were talking about?

My gloves do fall within those guidelines, so I'm going to hold off on buying anything this season for sure, but will definitely get a pair next season that will offer a little more protection. I have some A* Storm Rider gloves that are full gauntlet style gloves, but I dont get the feedback through them that I would want for spirited/track oriented riding.

Thanks for the responses, keep em coming!
-Cody
Old 05-04-2010, 10:53 PM   #6
PYROBUG51
GMFS Racing

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 750 Track
06 R6 Track

04 ZX6RR NINJA (STOLEN)

On facebook here

Send him a PM...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...odogear?ref=ts
Old 05-05-2010, 07:43 AM   #7
ileono918
On hiatus

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

What size are you? I have a 44/54 Alpinestarts 2 piece RC-1 2 piece suit black and gray. It is a great suit but I don't ride the street anymore. MSRP is 999 but PM me if interested and we can reach a deal for sure. The suit is in mint condition.
ileono918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 02:03 PM   #8
exalted512
Slow^^^

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Well, I'm 160, 5'11", not sure what size I am exactly...but I'm not looking to buy right now. Soonest it would be is in a couple months, but it might be next season.

I kind of didn't want a*, but I don't really mind if its used...I just don't want them getting any more of my money....haha. bad experience with them.
-Cody
Old 05-05-2010, 02:06 PM   #9
PYROBUG51
GMFS Racing

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 750 Track
06 R6 Track

04 ZX6RR NINJA (STOLEN)

Cody Just look after race season you may find a good deal on someone upgrading or getting rid of thier suits
Old 05-05-2010, 07:23 PM   #10
exalted512
Slow^^^

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Probably what I'll end up doing...just didnt want to wait that long...haha. I was wanting to try and get at least one track day in this year, but I'm not sure between money / schedule if thats going to happen or not.

We'll see I guess.
-Cody
Old 05-06-2010, 09:14 PM   #11
kenup283

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
01 Bandit 1200

Member Garage

Here are some frankT for sale in the Gear section. Not sure about the fit but should get you out there.

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=109370

Advertisement