MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2006, 10:04 AM   #1
ninjaxx
rebmeM

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
2005 GSX-R 600

Send a message via AIM to ninjaxx
Close call yesterday..

So I started off my day semi normal knowing that tomorrow (Friday) was the funeral of my great grandma. I am at work doing my whole Enterprise thing and i get a text message from my dad who left at 5 am that morning on a deep sea fishing trip. The message said.. "Your brother had a seizure at swim practice". He had NO reception out on the sea and got so lucky that got to me. My brother had a seizure when he was real young.. and once again last year and has been taking medicine ever since for it. This one was what is called a "grand maul" seizure which is one of the worst you can have. Well apparently he missed the day before in pills. So I call my mom who rushed over there and she said he was doing laps and had a seizure under water. Apparently a girl who was doing laps too just missed the turn at the wall and was straightening herself out when she saw my brother freaking out under the water. BY the time they had dragged him out, he had been under for over a minute. THANK it was a SWIM TEAM practice with good swimmers and people who knew CPR. they had to revive him until the paramedics came. Anyway, he is ok now and is out of the hospital after being in there for 24 hours. I left work as sooon as I heard to go see him in the hospital and at first he didnt even know who his mom was. He didnt recognize her. It was scary. It took longer to come out of it than the other time and that worried alot of people. But he is ok now. I just felt so bad for my dad because he didnt know whether his son was dead or alive the whole day because he had no reception. I can't even begin to imaginwe what that felt like. Kids are not supposed to go before their parents.

Just live life to the fullest guys and girls. Don't take life for granted and sure as dont be stupid about it. can take you away from this world in a heartbeat or someone you love. Leave no relationships frayed or broken, always tell the people you care about that you love them, and never forget that we are only human. We got EXTREMELY lucky this happened when it did and not while he was driving or worst yet, riding his motorcycle.

Anyway.. just needed to vent and share what I was feeling. Have a great day... and be safe.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Close call pester Off Topic 8 05-29-2014 11:03 AM
Close Call BigComfy Off Topic 9 12-19-2011 08:03 AM
Close call! DvlRacer Off Topic 6 02-09-2011 10:07 PM
now this is a close call bentgixxer Off Topic 9 05-26-2007 10:19 PM
Close Call therky42 General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 11-06-2006 05:29 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-16-2006, 10:11 AM   #2
BoostJunkie

Member Garage

that is very scary! i've been through several overdoses with my dad. He had a stroke because of it and it is a scary thing to witness. I'm very glad your brother is ok, make sure he takes his medicine like he is supposed to. That is part of the reason my mom is dead today. you never know what you have until it's gone. treasure your loved ones
Old 06-16-2006, 10:13 AM   #3
Steve O Chap
Big Hero

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1995 Suzuki RF600 - Sold
1993 Honda Shadow - Sold
2001 CBR F4i - Sold

Sorry to hear about that dude... glad everything turned out ok in the end.

One of my best friends was killed at work on Memorial Da about 2 1/2 weeks ago... I've worked with his wife for about 3 years now. He left behind his wife and 7 year old daughter. RIP Carl...

Gotta live life... never leave angry... and always take the chance to tell someone you care... never know when the last time you'll see them is.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:13 AM   #4
fuknrobert
the necessary villain

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
'04 R6, '05 70, '04 fiddy!

man, I hope your bro gets well. Thank goodness for that girl. Did she pull him out or did she call for help? I nearly drowned when I was a kid and had to be revived. I still hate deep waters :eh:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentgixxer
im not a midget , i was actually born with a type of dwarfism, but i took medication for 12 yrs to reach just 5'6"
fuknrobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 10:22 AM   #5
ninjaxx
rebmeM

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
2005 GSX-R 600

Send a message via AIM to ninjaxx
She saw him.. the swim coach tried to pull him out, but she couldnt lift him because he was so heavy from the water he swallowed. So 2 guys from the swimteam rushed over to help. One Had jsut joined swimteam and the other was a big guy so they got him up fast. but he was under about 30-45 sec before anyone ever knew.
Old 06-16-2006, 02:40 PM   #6
yankee

Bike(s):
08 HD Nightster

scary, I'm glad to hear he's ok.
yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 05:12 PM   #7
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Woah.. that's a lotta words.
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 06:07 PM   #8
Los
Gang Member

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
'04 Yamaha R6 Edition
'14 Yamaha R6

Send a message via AIM to Los
Man glad to hear he was able to recover and big shout out to those who helped him. So true on letting those who are close to you that you love them because there is always that one day when you're gonna wish you had.
Old 06-18-2006, 03:55 AM   #9
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
Good thing someone knew CPR. I would recommend that everyone learn CPR. It could save someones life. We have recieved Army certification here at the DFAC where I work. Good stuff, glad your bro is going to be ok.
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 10:40 AM   #10
SE_Ryder122

Bike(s):
2001 R6 Champions Edition (Sold)

sorry you had to go through that, man. i'm glad your brother is alright.
SE_Ryder122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 10:49 AM   #11
firegirlqn

Bike(s):
None, But come January......

Send a message via AIM to firegirlqn Send a message via Yahoo to firegirlqn
I'm so sorry to hear that had to happen, as a mother of a child that gets febrile seizures (when a fever gets too high too quickly) I can only imagine what your mother was going through. Thank goodness that he is OK, and hopefully won't skip a day of his meds anymore.
Scary thing.

Advertisement