Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2010, 11:42 PM   #21
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Originally Posted by GAU-8 View Post

I was there almost every weekend from 89' to about 95'-96'

(sorry about the hijackin here, but just remembered)

But after a few years, (during the summer months ESPECIALLY) Westhiemer was an OCEAN of bike brake lights down to HWY 6. But during those sumer months after a while, every weekend you show up, there was another rider dead. or jail, or serious accident. I had seen quite a few as well, and just stopped showing up.

I remember when it was called "911" as in "CARERRA" fast...but all too well it meant hospital dialings.

anyone rememer GEORGE MATA? he used to have the new corvette every year just about ( had the 900 RR, then the 916?)

there was another guy with a 916, who had a claw for a hand (which could be open/closed by shoulder movement.. he could ride! but he died on his busa after drinks, and racing back from galveston, about 4 or 5 years ago. rumor has it the claw was stuck on the bike..and thats why he was drug (dragged) over 200 yards after he went down. (I want to say his name was william. my brother worked with him)

WEZ Rivera (and his older brother I forgot his name)- short 5 foot tall Mexican friend of mine. couldnt reach the ground with both feet. had to tippy toe on one foot at a light heave the bike upright when it went green 1989/90 GSXR 750 with just about every trick item item you could think of. I miss his crazy .

Allen (?) tall white boy wiht ZX-11 ..all in black leathers on black bike. remember him wheelin forever getting onto I-10

Jimmy and dolly Whyble...

Effrin...... I miss efrin. that cat was loved. his and 2 (maybe 3 others?) were all killed at the same time ( a drunk dude with no lights on drving down the wrong way on a 1 way street killed em all in one hit and a repeat offender

I remember a few of the (i think its shut down now) "10-WEST SPORT PILOTS" group? I just remember a guy named Bill from there on his 900 RR. really sensible calm cool collected guy. reminds me of TXPSYCLONE

the golden age of bikes was that time for me.. the FZR 600/1000's CBR900 RR's the old school RF600/900 RR,s

Tommy Collins. nothing but a 16 year old, no license, no insurance, no stickers, tags, on his daddy's suzuki GPZ 1100- ancient overweight dinosaur on stock tires...outriding, cornering, and out racing just about anybody there. with 10,000 dollars of traffic warrants on his head at the time! (he did go to jail for that on his 18th birthday "happy birthday tommy" said "Red" our local sherriff, at 5 am in the morning...all but one ticket he had to pay... 75$ out of 10 k! plead innocent to all of em)

Sean Vitelli: the worlds most beat up early model "goldfish" red KATANA

after the drunk chick got out of the car at the intersection at her boyfriend, she crossed the street to go to coney island, was smashed by a car in front of all of us. thats when I stopped hangin out. there was just too much "circus" there (I want to say this was shortly before the big "wal-mart bust") westhiemer hasnt been the same since.

Shannon, and Kirsty Waugh: canadian chicks that both rode (Kirsty is riding race bikes up in canada..dont know about Shannon

if anybody recognizes the names.. lemme know. havent seen em in years. what are they up to?
man , yo were on the scene then , cool.
Back then , I was a lot into cars,trucks & bikes.
I had a Brown IROC, Blue Silverado, & a KZ 650.
Every parking lot from Chimmney Rock to Highway 6 would be full of cars, trucks & bikes.
The scene later cheanged to lower end Westheimer , until things just got out of hand.
Well ,i guess we are showing & telling our age.
Some people call me the space cowboy ,some people call me the gangster of love ...... :nod
KEITH HUBBARD is offline   Reply With Quote