MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2010, 12:22 PM   #1101
viper3ez
Hello, My Name Is Nuvie

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1-3 months

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to viper3ez Send a message via MSN to viper3ez Send a message via Yahoo to viper3ez Send a message via Skype™ to viper3ez
Quote:
Originally Posted by kibitzer View Post
Actually the news article states that Holstclaw wrote 200 noise tickets in 9 months.

Dvl may be an idiot, but it would appear his reading comprehension is up to par.
i watched it too. it said 200 complaints. maybe i am going deaf.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Holtsclaw Half-Fast General Discussion (Moto Related) 84 10-19-2011 11:50 AM
Holtsclaw? Enough Already NewRider Off Topic 11 11-02-2010 05:28 PM
Psycho girlfriend gsxrjai Off Topic 46 12-09-2009 01:52 PM
Psycho Test Lobo Off Topic 11 02-28-2006 10:37 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-11-2010, 12:25 PM   #1102
houstonch73
Banned

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Send a message via Yahoo to houstonch73
User is banned

Old 11-11-2010, 12:26 PM   #1103
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper3ez View Post
I heard 200 noise tickets in 9 months, they possibly said both just in different parts of the story? My statement earlier about "if they had 200 complaints they would investigate him" was with the assumption that if every noise ticket he gave out turned into a complaint.
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
Old 11-11-2010, 12:30 PM   #1104
Grimace

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
Only beer I'd give that piece of is some recycled beer.

tAny cop who abuses his authority in any way deserves to be -raped by an elephant and then gut shot and left to die in the stree.

The ones who do their jobs well deserve a paycheck - nothing more.

They are not heroes, they are simply state, city or county employees doing a job.
Just a bit harsh, but I get the point. But saying the ones who do their jobs only deserve a paycheck is wrong. That's like saying all the vets that put their on the line deserve a paycheck and nothing more. I know your , but try to keep things in perspective.
Old 11-11-2010, 12:34 PM   #1105
Grimace

Honnors, they have got you so riled up you are starting to lose the high ground here. Just CALM DOWN. It is in your best interest to do so.
Old 11-11-2010, 12:36 PM   #1106
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL
2013 Triumph Trophy SE (sold)
2009 Harley-Davidson Road Glide(sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1300T (sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1100 (sold)

Send a message via Yahoo to honorsdaddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimace View Post
Just a bit harsh, but I get the point. But saying the ones who do their jobs only deserve a paycheck is wrong. That's like saying all the vets that put their on the line deserve a paycheck and nothing more. I know your , but try to keep things in perspective.
I dont think its harsh at ALL.

Cops are entrusted by the public to do a job. They are granted the authority to detain and arrest people, as well as use lethal and less than lethal force. When they overstep that authority, they should be held to an extremely high standard, and it should be met with extremely harsh punishment. Violently painful punishment - not just some time behind bars and losing a job.

When you allow the state to overstep its authority with impunity, you get petty tyrants like Holtsclaw. If they were kept in check, cops like him would be removed from the force VERY quickly.

As far as being only deserving of a paycheck - sorry, but to me that's all a cop will ever deserve...especially TODAY'S cops.

Their lives are virtually never anywhere NEAR the kind of risk they want you to believe, and frankly, most of them could use a metaphorical kick in the teeth to remind them that they serve the public, not the other way around.

Last edited by honorsdaddy; 11-11-2010 at 12:38 PM.
Old 11-11-2010, 12:40 PM   #1107
viper3ez
Hello, My Name Is Nuvie

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to viper3ez Send a message via MSN to viper3ez Send a message via Yahoo to viper3ez Send a message via Skype™ to viper3ez
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddgtomahawk View Post
Keeps referring to himself third person, it's weird.
not weird to me. when he pulled my car over, he immediately took my buddy who was driving away and put him in the back of the squad car. even before my buddy could give him his license. not a single word exchanged.

he came back to us and started talking to the 2 of us left in the car about an officer holtsclaw who has a har-on for loud exhaust.

it was weird as cos he was talking about an officer holtsclaw while his badge said holtsclaw.

really freaked me out.

i actually typed posted about it in his thread from the backseat of my car while still pulled over.

the man does talk about himself in third person.

i question his sanity
Old 11-11-2010, 12:43 PM   #1108
Grimace

Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
I dont think its harsh at ALL.

Cops are entrusted by the public to do a job. They are granted the authority to detain and arrest people, as well as use lethal and less than lethal force. When they overstep that authority, they should be held to an extremely high standard, and it should be met with extremely harsh punishment. Violently painful punishment - not just some time behind bars and losing a job.

When you allow the state to overstep its authority with impunity, you get petty tyrants like Holtsclaw. If they were kept in check, cops like him would be removed from the force VERY quickly.

As far as being only deserving of a paycheck - sorry, but to me that's all a cop will ever deserve...especially TODAY'S cops.

Their lives are virtually never anywhere NEAR the kind of risk they want you to believe, and frankly, most of them could use a metaphorical kick in the teeth to remind them that they serve the public, not the other way around.
I understand SOME of what you are saying, but if you want a chance in of winning your case you need to check your attitude. Not trying to tell you what to do, just sending some advice from a person that has been in a jam or two.
Old 11-11-2010, 12:46 PM   #1109
TomballD

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
DR350
XR50
TDub-200
XR100-Tarded
1981 XR80

Quote:
not weird to me. when he pulled my car over, he immediately took my buddy who was driving away and put him in the back of the squad car. even before my buddy could give him his license. not a single word exchanged.

he came back to us and started talking to the 2 of us left in the car about an officer holtsclaw who has a har-on for loud exhaust.

it was weird as cos he was talking about an officer holtsclaw while his badge said holtsclaw.

really freaked me out.

i actually typed posted about it in his thread from the backseat of my car while still pulled over.

i question his sanity
Now its starting to make a little sense, anyone who does like that is obviously not all there in a mental sense.
Old 11-11-2010, 12:47 PM   #1110
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:

really freaked me out.

i question his sanity
LOL what.the.
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
Old 11-11-2010, 12:51 PM   #1111
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Lol. Super troopers ftw! MEOW!
Old 11-11-2010, 12:55 PM   #1112
kibitzer
Donkey punch 2 the soul

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR
02 XR100(tarded)
07 CRF50 (mini tard)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
I heard 200 noise tickets in 9 months, they possibly said both just in different parts of the story? My statement earlier about "if they had 200 complaints they would investigate him" was with the assumption that if every noise ticket he gave out turned into a complaint.
http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news...e-over-hpd-cop

Quote:
According to figures FOX 26 Investigates obtained from the city's municipal court system, Holtsclaw has written 200 citations for noisy vehicles in the last 9 months.
Old 11-11-2010, 12:56 PM   #1113
k5freek

Bike(s):
2010 Raven R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busaman View Post
Fact is anatram...well, lets take this last Sunday and Monday as an example. I know for a fact that on Sunday, the officer in question spent the entire day pursuing a wanted felon from a call-for-service received at 0611 hours that morning. The suspect had felony warrants out of a Texas County and had strangled a female and left her neck injured and bleeding earlier that morning.

The officer was successful in apprehending the suspect, the ADA accepted felony assault/family violence charges and the suspect was subsequently booked on the felony charge and the two felony warrants. The tracking, arrest, legal warning, charges, blotter, hold, tagging of evidence and additional paper work took the officer a total of 11 hours to complete. Though three motorcycles were stopped for noise during this time, not a single rider was cited...the call from a witness regarding her siting of the suspect took priority and the riders were subsequently released.

Monday, this officer in question rolled up on a fatality accident, 4 cars, one burning with people trapped in the vehicles. The officer had to literally jerk one profusely bleeding driver out of a vehicle because he was incapacitated, stuck and could only be extracted through the rear cab window. Other citizens used the officers knife to cut the now deceased woman out of the burning car that was setting in oil and fuel as was the stuck driver of the truck. It was an absolute mess. This scene took half of the officers shift to secure and assist in processing.

Evidence had to be subsequently transported and tagged. A report had to be completed on the fatality...the officer had to respond to significant event questions from supervision...yet the officer issued approximately 3-4 noise citations that afternoon prior to end of shift and ran other calls for service.

You see, writing citations is secondary...the officer's primary responsibility in patrol is calls-for-service and some days are so very busy that it's not possible to issue a citation. The officer simply has to look the other way because people in his area of responsibility are asking for assistance.
Actually it seems like the "service-calls" are an inconvenience to you, and distracting you from doing what you really love ( ie. writing tickets for loud exhausts). Off course the calls are a priority if you want to keep your job.

I think you need some professional help though, you obviously have some unresolved issues in your past. Were you raped as a young lad on a loud mototcycle?

Come lay down on my couch.......
Old 11-11-2010, 12:57 PM   #1114
Badzx14r
Banned

Bike(s):
2many2list

User is banned

Old 11-11-2010, 01:00 PM   #1115
houstonch73
Banned

User is banned

Old 11-11-2010, 01:13 PM   #1116
viper3ez
Hello, My Name Is Nuvie

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimace View Post
i'm sorry, do not for one second equate the job of a police officer with the job of anyone in the military.

police officers do not give up their right to sue the government even when injustice gets done to them

police officers do not get sent to sand boxes leaving their homes and families for a full year.

police officers get paid for every hour they work and earn overtime for going to court. nobody in the army ever earned overtime. a soldier could be on duty 24 hours without a coffee or donut break, all the army owes you is an MRE 3 times a day.

a cop can shoot anybody and get away with it if he feels threatened and can support a claim that he "felt" endangered whether or not he was actually in danger, on the other hand, the military has rules of engagement and many service members have gone to jail for shooting people IN COMBAT areas but the government did not see the justification for the shooting.

a police officer cannot be told to move anywhere he does not want to but every member of the armed forces can be given orders to movbe anywhere in the world from el paso texas to constantinople, turkey, and they have no choice but to move.

a police officer can walk away from the job if he so feels like it, but no service member can just call it quit without fulfilling their contract.

dont get me wrong i thank police officers when i see them for "trying" to keep our streets safe.

but do not for a second compare the "JOB" of a police officer to the "SERVICE" of a US military service member.

the former is a job and the later is a service where you give your freedom every day in protection of freedom for everyone else
Old 11-11-2010, 01:21 PM   #1117
houstonch73
Banned

User is banned

Closed Thread

Advertisement