MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2010, 10:07 AM   #1061
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonch73 View Post
Isn't there some famous sports figure/character that used to do that to? Its funny.
Dwayne Johnson, 'The Rock'.... when in character as 'The Rock'.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Holtsclaw Half-Fast General Discussion (Moto Related) 84 10-19-2011 11:50 AM
Holtsclaw? Enough Already NewRider Off Topic 11 11-02-2010 05:28 PM
Psycho girlfriend gsxrjai Off Topic 46 12-09-2009 01:52 PM
Psycho Test Lobo Off Topic 11 02-28-2006 10:37 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-11-2010, 10:16 AM   #1062
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
Holtsclaw, go away. You're not welcome here.
You don't get to make that call, he can stay here as long as he wishes, he has done nothing in violation of the forum rules that would deem otherwise. You tell him to go away, then you'll be the first to throw a stone when he leaves calling him a for leaving.
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
Old 11-11-2010, 10:19 AM   #1063
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL
2013 Triumph Trophy SE (sold)
2009 Harley-Davidson Road Glide(sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1300T (sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1100 (sold)

Send a message via Yahoo to honorsdaddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
You don't get to make that call, he can stay here as long as he wishes, he has done nothing in violation of the forum rules that would deem otherwise. You tell him to go away, then you'll be the first to throw a stone when he leaves calling him a for leaving.
Dvl - STFU. Really. I'm not in the mood for your verbal masturbation of Holtsclaw.

I can tell him anything I good and well please. You want to ban me from the board? Have at it you worthless little .

You're just an obnoxious little who likes to stir the pot just to stir it. I have no tolerance for like yourself.

Last edited by honorsdaddy; 11-11-2010 at 10:22 AM.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:21 AM   #1064
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Quote:
Dvl - STFU. Really. I'm not in the mood for your verbal masturbation of Holtsclaw.

I can tell him anything I good and well please. You want to ban me from the board? Have at it you worthless little .
Am I off ignore now?
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
Old 11-11-2010, 10:23 AM   #1065
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
Am I off ignore now?
I hope for your sake we never meet.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:23 AM   #1066
Busaman
Banned

User is banned

Old 11-11-2010, 10:27 AM   #1067
anatram
I love nekkid midgets

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
07 HD XL1200C

01 XR fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busaman View Post
I know this officer personally. Yes, he signed up for duty in the Marine Corps Infantry and served with the 1st Marines as an infantry squad leader in the mid-70's, handled the returning refugees from Vietnam.

No, the officer has NEVER written any active duty police officer a citation..to do so would require the presence of a supervisor and follow-up letters and investigations. Fox News spouted off spurious allegations that were nothing but hearsay and lies. But, many on this board are too filled with hate and arrogance to differentiate between the truth and a lie, loud and reasonable.
Busaman,

I believe you may be the officer in question primarily base don the reply above, and let me get one thing out there real quick. I am by no means a freaking genius.

Now, I understand that if you are said officer, you are sworn to up hold the law. Why do you choose to target motorcycle riders and automobile enthusiast soley on the basis of the noise/sound emitting out of their tail pipes when there are far more serious acts taking place on the hgihways and roads that pose significantly more danger to other people.

For instance why can't you write 200+ tickets in 9 months for people who don't have their children properly secured in a child restraint.

Do you know how many cars I pass on a daily basis where toddlers are jumping around the back seat, or mom is holding an infant in the front seat? When these cars crash, we hear the grieving parents on the news and hear the sob story if the child passes away due to the parent ignorance. If the child doesn't pass, as tax payers we are stuck with the hospital bills and possibly even long term care.

I feel there are far more important things you can address that would make the roadways a safer place for everyone without singling out one particular group of people.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:27 AM   #1068
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:

un-knot your panties... simple fact, you lack the authority to accurately make the statement you did.
You sure as don't speak for me... and I'd like the 'busa' guy to stay for awhile. He appears pretty darn literate and seems like he might posess a bit more cognitive function than is normally displayed around here.

Anatram,

If he's only tagging 1-4 vehicles a day for noise violations... do you think the rest of his shift is spent on donuts?
Old 11-11-2010, 10:28 AM   #1069
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Quote:
I was considering the petition ride, does this mean I'm uninvited? What exactly would happen if we ever DID meet?
Old 11-11-2010, 10:30 AM   #1070
dex2001

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
DUC 1098s
YAM FZR600 (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busaman View Post
Actually, regarding this cops "rank." This particular officer has been in very elite assignments for 25-26 years of his 31 year tour of duty and promoting in those assignments would have forced him to leave and work night shift jail with weekdays off...while in Solo Motorcycles the officer chose to not promote because it was truly an honor to be assigned to such an elite detail as a very young officer. This officer was then accepted into the Helicopter Division where he was selected for pilot training and flew choppers as a commercial pilot for 18.5 years. Once and only once did this officer reluctantly take the promotional exam and his promotion was denied because the Department decided that they would institute Affirmative Action and promoted Black and Hispanic officers. The officer was denied promotion solely due to the color of his skin.

The police union asked this officer to participate in a lawsuit seeing that said officer had been discriminated against because of the color of his skin. The fifth circuit, wanting to be politically correct, sided with the COH and allowed the minority promotions to stand..even though a number of these minorities did not even pass the exam..scores in the 40's and 50's. These minorities were given up to 10 years of seniority, take home cars and coveted assignments. This act of reverse discrimination has cost the officer approximately $500K up to this point and will cost his family approximately 1 mil. over his lifetime.

This incredibly debased scenario left the officer in question with absolutely no desire to promote; therefore, the officer has remained a patrolman and does his best to fulfill the responsibilities of that position each and every day.
Yeah, like the other guys said .... a Dud.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:31 AM   #1071
anatram
I love nekkid midgets

Bike(s):
07 HD XL1200C

01 XR fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
un-knot your panties... simple fact, you lack the authority to accurately make the statement you did.
You sure as don't speak for me... and I'd like the 'busa' guy to stay for awhile. He appears pretty darn literate and seems like he might posess a bit more cognitive function than is normally displayed around here.

Anatram,

If he's only tagging 1-4 vehicles a day for noise violations... do you think the rest of his shift is spent on donuts?
There are far more serious vehicular violations that could be written up that pose a significantly higher threat to everyone on the roadway.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:34 AM   #1072
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by anatram View Post
There are far more serious vehicular violations that could be written up that pose a significantly higher threat to everyone on the roadway.
Who's to say he doesn't write those up too? He said in an earlier post, I believe around page 3, he does DWI's, domestic violence, etc etc
Old 11-11-2010, 10:34 AM   #1073
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Don't try to dodge the question... and you're ignoring the possibility that some of those stops may include other violations that may fit within your criteria.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:36 AM   #1074
ddgtomahawk
Write my name! \/

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2016 R1
2001 Honda CBR929 RE
2005 Honda CBR600RR
2007 R6S

This is giving me a headache.

Come here you little cake eating sieg heil .
Old 11-11-2010, 10:38 AM   #1075
anatram
I love nekkid midgets

Bike(s):
07 HD XL1200C

01 XR fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
Don't try to dodge the question... and you're ignoring the possibility that some of those stops may include other violations that may fit within your criteria.
How does pulling over anyone for loud exhaust protect anyone else on the road?

I am not saying he does not do his job, it is mentioned he has written over 700 plus tickets in a certian time period, he is by no means a slacker.

Show me where his concentration on loud and or obnoxious exhaust has made the road any safer than writting a ticket for no child restraint.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:39 AM   #1076
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL

Based upon the words of Busaman, DvlRacer and Ulric, I have come to the conclusion we should all worship Holtsclaw for his dedication to duty to rid the streets of anything with which he personally finds offense.

It is wrong for such peons as ourselves to question the judgment of the state or its agents. Who are we to question the cops after all.

I freely admit i was completely in the wrong and I have knowingly and maliciously been riding my bike with the sole intent of causing a noise disturbance within the City of Houston. I deserve whatever penalty the state deems proper - and probably more since I am nothing but a narcissistic hedonistic immature child with a noisy bike.

(do i REALLY need to put the sarcasm tag out there?)
Old 11-11-2010, 10:43 AM   #1077
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
How does pulling over anyone for loud exhaust protect anyone else on the road?

I am not saying he does not do his job, it is mentioned he has written over 700 plus tickets in a certian time period, he is by no means a slacker.

Show me where his concentration on loud and or obnoxious exhaust has made the road any safer than writting a ticket for no child restraint.
How many tickets does he write in the same time period for other violations... how can you properly assess X without y?

He's enforcing a city ordinance...but we see no proof/demonstration that this one is being enforced to a degree that his enforcment of other laws/ordinances are impacted.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:55 AM   #1078
Busaman
Banned

User is banned

Old 11-11-2010, 10:58 AM   #1079
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Based upon the words of Busaman, DvlRacer and Ulric, I have come to the conclusion that I am a jackass and am acting like a drama queen at Prom.
Let me correct that for you..

Now having done that... let me say, grow the up.

I'm glad you plan on going to court with yours and I hope you win, based on your scenario you posted I think there are some valid points of concern, much like the deal with the business card Atex got on his bike.

However there are facts that must be kept in mind.. the law/ordinance itself first and foremost.
Then the numbers provided in the news report, you'd think he's pullnig people over left and right, yet the #'s in the news report don't seem to support that.
Reality, there ARE vehicles out there with exhaust sounds levels that are beyond obnoxious... the definition of 'obnoxious' is going to vary from individual to individual.
The man is doing his job... maybe being overzealous with one aspect, maybe not. IA is investigating it, they'll make a determination and there's a movement in place to address the arbitrary manner (Ie: Decibel meter) that it appears the officer in question may support.

...while we're on the track and I recall some of your vent in regards to whe Holst stopped arrested you, I find ironic with your post here of implied threat towards Dvl merely because he has an opposite standpoint.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:58 AM   #1080
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Quote:
You didn't answer why? What would happen?
Closed Thread

Advertisement