Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2010, 09:46 AM   #1041
morvegil
Banned

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter

User is banned

Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Holtsclaw Half-Fast General Discussion (Moto Related) 84 10-19-2011 11:50 AM
Holtsclaw? Enough Already NewRider Off Topic 11 11-02-2010 05:28 PM
Psycho girlfriend gsxrjai Off Topic 46 12-09-2009 01:52 PM
Psycho Test Lobo Off Topic 11 02-28-2006 10:37 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-11-2010, 09:48 AM   #1042
Busaman
Banned

User is banned

Old 11-11-2010, 09:50 AM   #1043
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL
2013 Triumph Trophy SE (sold)
2009 Harley-Davidson Road Glide(sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1300T (sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1100 (sold)

Send a message via Yahoo to honorsdaddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper3ez View Post
that was a step forward'

the bike pulled over looked like honorsdaddy's
That bike pulled over WAS Honorsdaddy's...
Old 11-11-2010, 09:51 AM   #1044
anatram
I love nekkid midgets

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
07 HD XL1200C

01 XR fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
I'm telling you that it' an individual thing and not as set/defined as you percieve and/or want to imply and has little to do with 'respect'.
Wrong,

I have seen police officer's wives get minor traffic citations from other officers in the same department, Even after being made aware that said wife was so and so's wife on first, second or third shift, the tickets were torn up, or not turned in.

If the tickets were turned in the officer that wrote the ticket had a meeting in the back parking lot, and either had his chewed out or got it handed to him.

There is a mutual respect, between Marines as a brotherhood.

There is a mutual respect for LEO as a brotherhood.

There is a mutual respect for fire fighters as a brotherhood.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:52 AM   #1045
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by morvegil View Post
That 40 year useless report? ROFL. You cant TELL ME that loud pipes dont work. I have WITNESSED them saving my life. Yes, i've seen people TURN THEIR HEAD BACK IN THE MIRRORS and CAR while i roll up. When I had to put my OEM exhaust back on, it sounded like a sewing macine. Guess what, I noticed less people were looking and more merging into me.

I have PERSONALLY see it work...so you are full of . I have proof.
perhaps at a red light, with their windows down, and no breeze. in a moving vehicle, radio up, cell phone, chatty kids, etc you dont hear unless they are in front of you. in WHICH case, you can hear the stock pipes anyway. sorry, but you sir are wrong.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:52 AM   #1046
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busaman View Post
Actually, regarding this cops "rank." This particular officer has been in very elite assignments for 25-26 years of his 31 year tour of duty and promoting in those assignments would have forced him to leave and work night shift jail with weekdays off...while in Solo Motorcycles the officer chose to not promote because it was truly an honor to be assigned to such an elite detail as a very young officer. This officer was then accepted into the Helicopter Division where he was selected for pilot training and flew choppers as a commercial pilot for 18.5 years. Once and only once did this officer reluctantly take the promotional exam and his promotion was denied because the Department decided that they would institute Affirmative Action and promoted Black and Hispanic officers. The officer was denied promotion solely due to the color of his skin.

The police union asked this officer to participate in a lawsuit seeing that said officer had been discriminated against because of the color of his skin. The fifth circuit, wanting to be politically correct, sided with the COH and allowed the minority promotions to stand..even though a number of these minorities did not even pass the exam..scores in the 40's and 50's. These minorities were given up to 10 years of seniority, take home cars and coveted assignments. This act of reverse discrimination has cost the officer approximately $500K up to this point and will cost his family approximately 1 mil. over his lifetime.

This incredibly debased scenario left the officer in question with absolutely no desire to promote; therefore, the officer has remained a patrolman and does his best to fulfill the responsibilities of that position each and every day.
Well at least you are will to disclose the source of your anger. I can understand some now. That would me off to. It is explained in the movie American History X. After you get done writing tickets you should watch it.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:55 AM   #1047
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by anatram View Post
Wrong,

I have seen police officer's wives get minor traffic citations from other officers in the same department, Even after being made aware that said wife was so and so's wife on first, second or third shift, the tickets were torn up, or not turned in.

If the tickets were turned in the officer that wrote the ticket had a meeting in the back parking lot, and either had his chewed out or got it handed to him.

There is a mutual respect, between Marines as a brotherhood.

There is a mutual respect for LEO as a brotherhood.

There is a mutual respect for fire fighters as a brotherhood.
You're confusing 'respect' with ethics... and I'd take a cop that shows everyone the same level of 'respect' than one that picks or chooses over another any day.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:56 AM   #1048
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by morvegil View Post
That 40 year useless report? ROFL. You cant TELL ME that loud pipes dont work. I have WITNESSED them saving my life. Yes, i've seen people TURN THEIR HEAD BACK IN THE MIRRORS and CAR while i roll up. When I had to put my OEM exhaust back on, it sounded like a sewing macine. Guess what, I noticed less people were looking and more merging into me.

I have PERSONALLY see it work...so you are full of . I have proof.

USELESS report? You sir, are an idiot.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:56 AM   #1049
Lokati
Not-a-squid

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
06 ZX6r (the last of the 636)
----------------------
Previously owned (most recently at least):
09 ZX10r, 08 250r, 08 Busa, 07 GSXR 600, 06 CBR 600rr, a couple 50s, 02 R6, '00 Mille, '00 R1

Member Garage

Quote:
Actually, regarding this cops "rank." This particular officer has been in very elite assignments for 25-26 years of his 31 year tour of duty and promoting in those assignments would have forced him to leave and work night shift jail with weekdays off...while in Solo Motorcycles the officer chose to not promote because it was truly an honor to be assigned to such an elite detail as a very young officer. This officer was then accepted into the Helicopter Division where he was selected for pilot training and flew choppers as a commercial pilot for 18.5 years. Once and only once did this officer reluctantly take the promotional exam and his promotion was denied because the Department decided that they would institute Affirmative Action and promoted Black and Hispanic officers. The officer was denied promotion solely due to the color of his skin.

The police union asked this officer to participate in a lawsuit seeing that said officer had been discriminated against because of the color of his skin. The fifth circuit, wanting to be politically correct, sided with the COH and allowed the minority promotions to stand..even though a number of these minorities did not even pass the exam..scores in the 40's and 50's. These minorities were given up to 10 years of seniority, take home cars and coveted assignments. This act of reverse discrimination has cost the officer approximately $500K up to this point and will cost his family approximately 1 mil. over his lifetime.

This incredibly debased scenario left the officer in question with absolutely no desire to promote; therefore, the officer has remained a patrolman and does his best to fulfill the responsibilities of that position each and every day.
This gets even better, Holtsclaw really is one of those white supremists punks that off every single person in his chain of command, treats his community like , and then cries about reverse discrimination?

Is the black man keeping you down Holtsy-ole-boy?
Old 11-11-2010, 09:56 AM   #1050
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper3ez View Post
you sir are a idiot, a BUFFOON at best. 200 complaints does not mean he gave 200 tickets.

if there has ever been someone who has repetitively proved their stupidity without restraint and insisted on being functionally retarded to a community, you sir, are it.
LOL, care to explain your reasoning billy badass?
Old 11-11-2010, 09:59 AM   #1051
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL
2013 Triumph Trophy SE (sold)
2009 Harley-Davidson Road Glide(sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1300T (sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1100 (sold)

Send a message via Yahoo to honorsdaddy
Quote:

Holtsclaw, go away. You're not welcome here.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:59 AM   #1052
ddgtomahawk
Write my name! \/

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2016 R1
2001 Honda CBR929 RE
2005 Honda CBR600RR
2007 R6S

WHITE FLOUR!

Come here you little cake eating sieg heil .
Old 11-11-2010, 10:00 AM   #1053
ddgtomahawk
Write my name! \/

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2016 R1
2001 Honda CBR929 RE
2005 Honda CBR600RR
2007 R6S

Keeps referring to himself third person, it's weird.

Come here you little cake eating sieg heil .
Old 11-11-2010, 10:01 AM   #1054
Busaman
Banned

User is banned

Old 11-11-2010, 10:01 AM   #1055
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddgtomahawk View Post
Keeps referring to himself third person, it's weird.
ya Azylum does that too. never could figure that out.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:01 AM   #1056
houstonch73
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to houstonch73
User is banned

Old 11-11-2010, 10:01 AM   #1057
CHiPs
CHiPs

Bike(s):
2005 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic FLTCHI-U
2005 Kawasaki KZ-1000 Police
1987 Yamaha Maxim 700- Sold

Quote:

So Holtsclaw, why harrass bikers? A motorcycle is different from a car that has roll cages, seat belts, crumple zones, airbags etc. Sometimes a friendly warning would be enough to gain complience. Some of us are law abiding citizens but you make us out to all be hellraisers and criminals. Now we have to spend our hard earned money to keep a violation off our records. You compain that you have lost alot of money. Why take it out on bikers?
Old 11-11-2010, 10:04 AM   #1058
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonch73 View Post
Watching Ulric, DvlRacer, Busaman and Morevgil argue reminds me of the movie "The Ringer" with JOhnny Knoxville.

just sayin....
because you've been so very literate and verbose in your commentary/responses.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:04 AM   #1059
houstonch73
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to houstonch73
User is banned

Old 11-11-2010, 10:06 AM   #1060
houstonch73
Banned