MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2010, 08:37 AM   #841
ddgtomahawk
Write my name! \/

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2016 R1
2001 Honda CBR929 RE
2005 Honda CBR600RR
2007 R6S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
In the words of all my trainers...

You may beat the wrap but you won't beat the ride...
I have heard that one.

Come here you little cake eating sieg heil .
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Holtsclaw Half-Fast General Discussion (Moto Related) 84 10-19-2011 11:50 AM
Holtsclaw? Enough Already NewRider Off Topic 11 11-02-2010 05:28 PM
Psycho girlfriend gsxrjai Off Topic 46 12-09-2009 01:52 PM
Psycho Test Lobo Off Topic 11 02-28-2006 10:37 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-05-2010, 08:47 AM   #842
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHiPs View Post
First off your not in a position to PROFILE. There is a different standard placed on people in a position of power than the average citizen. A Police Officer can not let his PERSONAL FEELINGS be his motivation when targeting and citing people. This is called "Harrassment under Color of Authority". He has a badge that allows him to stop anyone for any reasonable reason and you have to comply weather you want to or not. He may be right, he may be wrong but while he is dealing with you he has all the power and authority. You my friend do not have that power. Abuse of Power is very common. Just because he also cites cars and answers radio calls does not mean he is not profiling motorcycle riders.

When a City Official such as a Police Officer gains a reputation like he has there is a reason. How many other Officers do you hear of? You are right not every cited comes on this forum. There is a similar conversation on the Corvette forum, but they even mention that he is targeting motorcycles most of all. I was a Police Officer for 20 years, I know the inner workings and the Rules of Conduct. The average citizen "you" do not have access to the inner politics of the situation. You only see from a citizens point of view. Does this make sense to you?
Sure, so now explain how he is profiling motorcycle riders, and please don't use all your "20 years of police knowledge" to tell me you read it on a corvette forum.
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
Old 11-05-2010, 08:58 AM   #843
morvegil
Banned

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter

User is banned

Old 11-05-2010, 09:00 AM   #844
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
Sure, so now explain how he is profiling motorcycle riders, and please don't use all your "20 years of police knowledge" to tell me you read it on a corvette forum.
How can you not see it? Examples have been presented over and over. His own admissions should be enough to convince anyone. Why are you not seeing it?
Old 11-05-2010, 09:23 AM   #845
CHiPs
CHiPs

Bike(s):
2005 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic FLTCHI-U
2005 Kawasaki KZ-1000 Police
1987 Yamaha Maxim 700- Sold

The following is a quote from Officer Holtsclaw on an earlier post to this thread;

I have been riding motorcycles off and on since I was 12 years of age...almost 40 years of motorcycle riding...some professionally, mostly for travel and commuting...sold my 30th motorcycle approximately a year ago...have stopped riding because of individuals, some of which are represented on this blog, are an embarrassment and are ruining the sport for those who have respect and care for the rights of others. I know that this is a foreign concept to the hedonist and relativist on this blog but your loud pipes don't save lives...if you are afraid to ride then park the thing..if you are truly concerned about your safety..put a DOT approved helmet on your head, a leather jacket on your back, gloves on your hands, boots on your feet.

Yes, I do believe in Jesus Christ..and yes, I have placed my faith in Him as my Lord and Savior. My relationship with my Creator is the most precious thing in life.

Yes, I do issue citations for loud motor vehicles, make arrests for driving while intoxicated, arrest for family violence, arrest for taking property that does not belong to you, arrest for harming and assaulting others, arrest for warrants...if these things define me as a "psycho cop" then so be it...in my 31st year as a Houston Cop...the greatest job in the world...if I am run off for diligence and attention to duty then so be it...but if you ride through my area with loud obnoxious pipes or loud music I will give you the attention you are clamoring for...your citation may be dismissed by a liberal judge or jury but my conscience is clear... I will do my very best to protect the rights of the citizens in my beat...you can take that to the bank LIZ.

HPD Officer R.D. Holtsclaw, Houston Police Department.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:29 AM   #846
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Quote:
The following is a quote from Officer Holtsclaw on an earlier post to this thread;

I have been riding motorcycles off and on since I was 12 years of age...almost 40 years of motorcycle riding...some professionally, mostly for travel and commuting...sold my 30th motorcycle approximately a year ago...have stopped riding because of individuals, some of which are represented on this blog, are an embarrassment and are ruining the sport for those who have respect and care for the rights of others. I know that this is a foreign concept to the hedonist and relativist on this blog but your loud pipes don't save lives...if you are afraid to ride then park the thing..if you are truly concerned about your safety..put a DOT approved helmet on your head, a leather jacket on your back, gloves on your hands, boots on your feet.

Yes, I do believe in Jesus Christ..and yes, I have placed my faith in Him as my Lord and Savior. My relationship with my Creator is the most precious thing in life.

Yes, I do issue citations for loud motor vehicles, make arrests for driving while intoxicated, arrest for family violence, arrest for taking property that does not belong to you, arrest for harming and assaulting others, arrest for warrants...if these things define me as a "psycho cop" then so be it...in my 31st year as a Houston Cop...the greatest job in the world...if I am run off for diligence and attention to duty then so be it...but if you ride through my area with loud obnoxious pipes or loud music I will give you the attention you are clamoring for...your citation may be dismissed by a liberal judge or jury but my conscience is clear... I will do my very best to protect the rights of the citizens in my beat...you can take that to the bank LIZ.

HPD Officer R.D. Holtsclaw, Houston Police Department.

Sooo.....ummmm....that's really great and all, but how does it in any way relate to him "profiling motorcyclists?"
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."

Last edited by a forum moderator; 11-05-2010 at 09:35 AM.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:35 AM   #847
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
How can you not see it? Examples have been presented over and over. His own admissions should be enough to convince anyone. Why are you not seeing it?
Maybe I'm the stupid one? I dunno, I just haven't seen anything definitive that leads me to believe he is strictly targeting motorcycles. Sure, I think he gives out tons of tickets to motorcycle riders but I have a feeling he does the same thing to cars w/ aftermarket exhausts. I hate people making claims/accusations for which they have no evidence to support, "just because I said so" doesn't hold up very well in court. Another thing to consider, this guy has permission to write noise violations, and that is what he focuses on doing, other cops focus on DWI's specifically, speeding specifically, etc. I do believe he stops mainly motorcycles, but I also bet that 10 motorcycles pass him with aftermarket pipes for every car that passes with aftermarket pipes. I think he has a vengeance for anyone with loud pipes, not specifically bikers.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:39 AM   #848
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

They have a task forces for like DOT and DWI. He has made himself a 1 man exhaust task force.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:44 AM   #849
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
They have a task forces for like DOT and DWI. He has made himself a 1 man exhaust task force.
So? His department knows exactly what he is doing and they aren't stopping him. Is it against your rights for him to target illegal exhausts? I would understand if everyone is upset how HPD is using their resources, ie: paying Holtsclaw to fight noise violations all day, but that doesn't seem to be the issue here. (I know the actual legality of exhausts is questionable)
Old 11-05-2010, 09:49 AM   #850
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

When's the court date? Can we spectate?
Old 11-05-2010, 10:12 AM   #851
CHiPs
CHiPs

Bike(s):

My Court Date is December 1st and I welcome anyone who wants to attend in support.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:18 AM   #852
CHiPs
CHiPs

Bike(s):

Officer Holtsclaw also told me that Loud Pipes do not save lives and that the sound is only to the rear of the motorycle because thats the direction the pipes point. I would only agree that loud pipes are not the miracle thing that by itself saves motorcyclist, however you have to understand the Doppler Effect as it relates to sound waves. Below it is explained with a train, but you could easily replace that reference with a Motorcycle and have the same effect. Loud pipes do not replace "Smart safe riding practices" but they do assist just as a Police Siren, Ambulance Siren and Fire Truck Siren and horn do.

Alot of people argue that the cars your driving around can't hear the pipes. Your missing a different angle. It's not as much the cars around you that your trying to get their driver's attention. It's the drivers/Pedestrians ahead sitting still, waiting to make that left turn that will hear you. If you want the entire report on the Doppler Effect go to http://www.answers.com/topic/doppler-effect

Real-Life Applications

Sound Compression and the Doppler Effect

As stated in the introduction, one can observe the Doppler effect in a number of settings. If a person is standing by the side of a road and a car approaches at a significant rate of speed, the frequency of the sound waves grows until the car passes the observer, then the frequency suddenly drops. But Doppler, of course, never heard the sound of an automobile, or the siren of a motorized ambulance or fire truck.

In his day, the horse-drawn carriage still constituted the principal means of transportation for short distances, and such vehicles did not attain the speeds necessary for the Doppler effect to become noticeable. Only one mode of transportation in the mid-nineteenth century made it possible to observe and record the effect: a steam-powered locomotive. Therefore, let us consider the Doppler effect as Doppler himself did—in terms of a train passing through a s tation.

The Sound of a Train Whistle

When a train is sitting in a station prior to leaving, it blows its whistle, but listeners standing nearby notice nothing unusual. There is no difference—except perhaps in degree of intensity—between the sound heard by someone on the platform, and the sound of the train as heard by someone standing behind the caboose. This is because a stationary train is at the center of the sound waves it produces, which radiate in concentric circles (like a bulls-eye) around it.

As the train begins to move, however, it is no longer at the center of the sound waves emanating from it. Instead, the circle of waves is moving forward, along with the train itself, and, thus, the locomotive compresses waves toward the front. If someone is standing further ahead along the track, that person hears the compressed sound waves. Due to their compression, these have a much higher frequency than the waves produced by a stationary train.

At the same time, someone standing behind the train—a listener on the platform at the station, watching the train recede into the distance—hears the sound waves that emanate from behind the train. It is the same train making the same sound, but because the train has compressed the sound waves in front of it, the waves behind it are spread out, producing a sound of much lower frequency. Thus, the sound of the train, as perceived by two different listeners, varies with frame of reference.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:19 AM   #853
Rachy Rach
Nut up or Shut up!

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
07 Yamaha r6 - Sold :(

As yall sit here and argue about whether he is right or wrong, he is becoming more infamous by the second. Although many of us think he is wrong for what he is doing, he is completely within the legal limits due to the ordinance not requiring a decibel reading or even level.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:50 AM   #854
CHiPs
CHiPs

Bike(s):

The ordinance DOES require a desible reading and it even states in the Ordinance how the reading must be taken and from where, and with what type of desible reading device. Ordinance Sec. 30-8
Old 11-05-2010, 10:52 AM   #855
ddgtomahawk
Write my name! \/

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2016 R1
2001 Honda CBR929 RE
2005 Honda CBR600RR
2007 R6S

Dude if someone tries debating loud pipes save lives again I am going to.... something

Come here you little cake eating sieg heil .
Old 11-05-2010, 10:58 AM   #856
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Quote:
The ordinance DOES require a desible reading
I suggest getting a lawyer.
Old 11-05-2010, 11:16 AM   #857
Sifu-TZ
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Husky 450SMR motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddgtomahawk View Post
Dude if someone tries debating loud pipes save lives again I am going to.... something
aHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA yeah, I could get in on that too.

oh, and without a decible-meter, he's just jerking off. you can't give speeding tickets for eye-balling speed, it requires a doppler radar or laser detector.
technically, this amounts to profiling.

back in the day, the FBI gave classes on it. from what I hear, they won't admit doing it.

Fastline motorcycle school grid marshal.
PM's open temporarily.
Old 11-05-2010, 11:25 AM   #858
hotcknstrips
Bevo's royal guard.

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
09 Buell 1125CR

I'll just give my opinion n the guy, since he created an account here after all the attention he's been getting, it seems to me he's just getting his kicks giving tickets like candy, and then coming here to see our reaction, therefore his thrills consist on just eliciting attention.

Like movie stars that do drugs/drink/hit their SO just to get media attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Weird Lady
Mucus Membrane!
Old 11-05-2010, 11:28 AM   #859
hotcknstrips
Bevo's royal guard.

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
09 Buell 1125CR

And it's just a matter of time until some news show about driving a completely stock car like a Corvette with non stock exhaust tips that in no way change the noise level and this guy gets nasty with them.

People need to do what people in Mexico have been doing for a long time, recording the clowns with a cell phone then posting the video on Youtube, and yes, they are always on their toes now, they don't want to star in their own video doing the deed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Weird Lady
Mucus Membrane!
Old 11-05-2010, 11:37 AM   #860
Rachy Rach
Nut up or Shut up!

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
07 Yamaha r6 - Sold :(

Quote:
The ordinance DOES require a desible reading and it even states in the Ordinance how the reading must be taken and from where, and with what type of desible reading device. Ordinance Sec. 30-8
Quote:
Sec. 30-3. - Noisy vehicles generally.

The use of any motor vehicle so out of repair, so loaded, or so noisy that it creates any loud and unreasonable grating, grinding, rattling, or any other loud and unreasonable sound is hereby prohibited and declared to be unlawful.
This Ordinance does not have any reference to Sec 30-8

Advertisement