MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2010, 09:44 PM   #821
Smart Shark
The Prodigal 250 Rider

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2015 Kawasaki Ninja 650
2006 Honda CBR600RR (RIP)
2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by morvegil View Post
Theres no way he's a marine.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchHolder View Post
Yes you are right;
Marines have a immense respect for one another. Once a Marine, always a Marine, Brothers….

One thing you have to understand, Marine Brothers have nicknames for each other, there is no respect lost when one Marine calls another nicknames like “Remington Raiders”, “Office Bunny” or “BAMs (Broad-A** Marines)” for the female Marines.

But, a Marine is defined by Honor, Integrity and Respect. What this guy is doing goes against everything that is drilled into you in the Corps.

You earn Respect, you dont demand it!

Where is the Honor in feeding ones ego by twisting up laws for self gratification?
By Holstclaw selectively ticketing Motorcycles by how they look and sound is no different than how a racist thinks… He has a mental picture of how his world should look.

But, then again, it almost worked with Hitler…..
OOHRAH! Makes me that much more sure of my decision to join.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thayleal View Post
Hmmm the prodigal 250 rider returns...
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Holtsclaw Half-Fast General Discussion (Moto Related) 84 10-19-2011 11:50 AM
Holtsclaw? Enough Already NewRider Off Topic 11 11-02-2010 05:28 PM
Psycho girlfriend gsxrjai Off Topic 46 12-09-2009 01:52 PM
Psycho Test Lobo Off Topic 11 02-28-2006 10:37 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-04-2010, 10:05 PM   #822
CHiPs
CHiPs

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2005 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic FLTCHI-U
2005 Kawasaki KZ-1000 Police
1987 Yamaha Maxim 700- Sold

Well I have been out of it the last several days with an abcessed tooth. I just caught up on the thread and just wanted to say that I am with honorsdaddy on this one. I plan to fight this ticket for the good of everyone. There is a letter of the law and the spirit of the law and Officer Holtsclaw is not following either when it comes to citing motorcycles for loud pipes. I have given thousands of citations myself when I was a motorcycle traffic officer. I know when an Officer is on a Crusaide and when he is just doing his job. This officer is using the color of authority to PROFILE and target a certain group of people.
I for one don't plan to bow down and accept a citation for something I didn't do wrong.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:37 PM   #823
eltejano
I smell pretty

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHiPs View Post
Well I have been out of it the last several days with an abcessed tooth. I just caught up on the thread and just wanted to say that I am with honorsdaddy on this one. I plan to fight this ticket for the good of everyone. There is a letter of the law and the spirit of the law and Officer Holtsclaw is not following either when it comes to citing motorcycles for loud pipes. I have given thousands of citations myself when I was a motorcycle traffic officer. I know when an Officer is on a Crusaide and when he is just doing his job. This officer is using the color of authority to PROFILE and target a certain group of people.
I for one don't plan to bow down and accept a citation for something I didn't do wrong.
It is so refreshing to see even ex law enforcement using common sense om here. Some people so blindly take the police's side and will argue til the cows come home.

I am not anti-police, I am very pro-police. I am anti power abusing and corrupt police.

Thanks for posting.
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
tejano? Rape me
Old 11-04-2010, 10:44 PM   #824
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:
Who is he profiling?
Old 11-04-2010, 11:43 PM   #825
CHiPs
CHiPs

Bike(s):

He is clearly profiling Motorcycle riders and he throws in a few cars too. I spoke with him and he was getting very upset after he issued the citation, yelling that people like me were making normal motorcycle riders like him look bad.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:20 AM   #826
Triumphant

Bike(s):
2002 Triumph Trophy 1200

Chew his out, after you sign the ticket. Then you do not get arrested and you can tell him what a sorry POS he is. Thats law.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:51 AM   #827
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Holtsclaw was mentioned on KTBZ HD1 this morning for ticketing motorcycles even "harleys w stock pipes" by sound alone, not a decible meter. The announcers made him out to sound crazy.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:59 AM   #828
CDN_bacon
Eh?

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
VFR800
CRF 250X

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
Holtsclaw was mentioned on KTBZ HD1 this morning for ticketing motorcycles even "harleys w stock pipes" by sound alone, not a decible meter. The announcers made him out to sound crazy.
Yeah, they were just talking about him on the rod ryan show a few minutes ago and said basically the same thing, crazy.

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True Story" - Barney Stinson
Old 11-05-2010, 07:59 AM   #829
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
nice
Old 11-05-2010, 08:00 AM   #830
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_bacon View Post
Yeah, they were just talking about him on the rod ryan show a few minutes ago and said basically the same thing, crazy.
even better... wait. ktbz is 94.5 lol same station
Old 11-05-2010, 08:02 AM   #831
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:
He is clearly profiling Motorcycle riders and he throws in a few cars too. I spoke with him and he was getting very upset after he issued the citation, yelling that people like me were making normal motorcycle riders like him look bad.
Clearly, huh? You don't think it might just seem that way because we are on a motorcycle forum? I mean, do you really expect all the ricers he tickets are going to find Motohouston and talk about it? Do you have any kind of statistic of how many tickets he gives to bikes vs. cars to support your claims or is this just something you know in your heart? I've told a lot of people that they hurt the image of the motorcycle community, that doesn't mean I'm now "profiling motorcycle riders."
Old 11-05-2010, 08:03 AM   #832
Badzx14r
Banned

Bike(s):
2many2list

User is banned

Old 11-05-2010, 08:06 AM   #833
Mr.D

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
ZZR 600
2007 GSXR 600
VFR 800
Honda Stunt 50

My .02 cents if its worth anything.

I don't agree with what Rick is doing. Really I don't. BUT

We all have pet peeves that rub us the wrong way. There are some officers who pop speeders all day. Others search for DUI's all day.

His pet peeve is loud pipes. On cars, bikes, trucks, what have you. Why Honour's daddy got booked... Frankly there is no telling. Story is pretty one sided.

He is within the law. Penal code doesn't say anything about having to display the meter, lazer, or any instrument to the civilian. In court, yes but on the side of the street... No.

So trying to argue with any officer on the side of the road is not a good idea. Granted some people have power trips and such. But in terms of doing his job... He is doing that.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:22 AM   #834
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
My .02 cents if its worth anything.

I don't agree with what Rick is doing. Really I don't. BUT

We all have pet peeves that rub us the wrong way. There are some officers who pop speeders all day. Others search for DUI's all day.

His pet peeve is loud pipes. On cars, bikes, trucks, what have you. Why Honour's daddy got booked... Frankly there is no telling. Story is pretty one sided.

He is within the law. Penal code doesn't say anything about having to display the meter, lazer, or any instrument to the civilian. In court, yes but on the side of the street... No.

So trying to argue with any officer on the side of the road is not a good idea. Granted some people have power trips and such. But in terms of doing his job... He is doing that.
Just like I said in another thread the other day. They can and will haul your in if they feel like it. There is always a BS charge they can throw down on you.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:23 AM   #835
Mr.D

Bike(s):
ZZR 600
2007 GSXR 600
VFR 800
Honda Stunt 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
Just like I said in another thread the other day. They can and will haul your in if they feel like it. There is always a BS charge they can throw down on you.
In the words of all my trainers...

You may beat the wrap but you won't beat the ride...
Old 11-05-2010, 08:24 AM   #836
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

yup
Old 11-05-2010, 08:28 AM   #837
Rael
Communist Plant

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'12 Griso 8v
'13 Wr250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
Speeding and open containers are the only non-arrestable traffic offenses. A police officer doesn't need much imagination to tack on an arrestable offense to either.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:29 AM   #838
CHiPs
CHiPs

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
Clearly, huh? You don't think it might just seem that way because we are on a motorcycle forum? I mean, do you really expect all the ricers he tickets are going to find Motohouston and talk about it? Do you have any kind of statistic of how many tickets he gives to bikes vs. cars to support your claims or is this just something you know in your heart? I've told a lot of people that they hurt the image of the motorcycle community, that doesn't mean I'm now "profiling motorcycle riders."
First off your not in a position to PROFILE. There is a different standard placed on people in a position of power than the average citizen. A Police Officer can not let his PERSONAL FEELINGS be his motivation when targeting and citing people. This is called "Harrassment under Color of Authority". He has a badge that allows him to stop anyone for any reasonable reason and you have to comply weather you want to or not. He may be right, he may be wrong but while he is dealing with you he has all the power and authority. You my friend do not have that power. Abuse of Power is very common. Just because he also cites cars and answers radio calls does not mean he is not profiling motorcycle riders.

When a City Official such as a Police Officer gains a reputation like he has there is a reason. How many other Officers do you hear of? You are right not every cited comes on this forum. There is a similar conversation on the Corvette forum, but they even mention that he is targeting motorcycles most of all. I was a Police Officer for 20 years, I know the inner workings and the Rules of Conduct. The average citizen "you" do not have access to the inner politics of the situation. You only see from a citizens point of view. Does this make sense to you?
Old 11-05-2010, 08:31 AM   #839
Mr.D

Bike(s):
ZZR 600
2007 GSXR 600
VFR 800
Honda Stunt 50

Quote:
First off your not in a position to PROFILE. There is a different standard placed on people in a position of power than the average citizen. A Police Officer can not let his PERSONAL FEELINGS be his motivation when targeting and citing people. This is called "Harrassment under Color of Authority". He has a badge that allows him to stop anyone for any reasonable reason and you have to comply weather you want to or not. He may be right, he may be wrong but while he is dealing with you he has all the power and authority. You my friend do not have that power. Abuse of Power is very common. Just because he also cites cars and answers radio calls does not mean he is not profiling motorcycle riders.

When a City Official such as a Police Officer gains a reputation like he has there is a reason. How many other Officers do you hear of? You are right not every cited comes on this forum. There is a similar conversation on the Corvette forum, but they even mention that he is targeting motorcycles most of all. I was a Police Officer for 20 years, I know the inner workings and the Rules of Conduct. The average citizen "you" do not have access to the inner politics of the situation. You only see from a citizens point of view. Does this make sense to you?
+1 I like the way he stated this.

Its easy to say stuff from the outside in. Its another thing to speak to the officer directly. Hear from other officers.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:33 AM   #840
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)