MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2010, 11:39 AM   #801
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL
2013 Triumph Trophy SE (sold)
2009 Harley-Davidson Road Glide(sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1300T (sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1100 (sold)

Send a message via Yahoo to honorsdaddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
When taken out of context anything can sound how you want it to. Sounds to me like he's going after people with loud pipes, not that he has a specific vengeance against V-twins. And @ him targeting folks with disposable income, fkn comical.
Hey - just a guess. Nothing more.
Quote:

Those folks in the banger Honda's are rolling in $$$ huh?
Considering the amount of money it takes to do vehicle modifications, they've got more than some guy with a 15 year old Civic with a hole in the muffler....yeah.

You believe what you wish. I refuse to get into any kind of a discussion where you're asking me to prove what is in someone's mind. I offered nothing but my own assessment and opinion.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Holtsclaw Half-Fast General Discussion (Moto Related) 84 10-19-2011 11:50 AM
Holtsclaw? Enough Already NewRider Off Topic 11 11-02-2010 05:28 PM
Psycho girlfriend gsxrjai Off Topic 46 12-09-2009 01:52 PM
Psycho Test Lobo Off Topic 11 02-28-2006 10:37 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-03-2010, 11:41 AM   #802
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
Hey - just a guess. Nothing more.
Just an accusation, nothing less.
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they don’t have enough."
Old 11-03-2010, 11:42 AM   #803
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL

Quote:
Just an accusation, nothing less.
Meh - believe what you will.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:44 AM   #804
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Quote:
Meh - believe what you will.
Go ahead and bold the parts that deem this an opinion:

Quote:
Why? Because most of us have enough disposable income to pay the ticket and probably wont contest it.
I think you are only hurting yourself and your case with these wild accusations, you would be much better off sticking to the facts at hand.
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they don’t have enough."
Old 11-03-2010, 12:02 PM   #805
pseudonym

Unjust laws exist: shall we be content to obey them, or shall we endeavor to amend them, and obey them until we have succeeded, or shall we transgress them at once? Men, generally, under such a government as this, think that they ought to wait until they have persuaded the majority to alter them. They think that, if they should resist, the remedy would be worse than the evil. But it is the fault of the government itself that the remedy is worse than the evil. It makes it worse. Why is it not more apt to anticipate and provide for reform? Why does it not cherish its wise minority? Why does it cry and resist before it is hurt? Why does it not encourage its citizens to put out its faults, and do better than it would have them? Why does it always crucify Christ and excommunicate Copernicus and Luther, and pronounce Washington and Franklin rebels? -- Henry David Thoreau

I won't pretend to know all the circumstances of this case, and I don't know Honorsdaddy from Adam; however, it seems the man has picked his battle and what anyone says they would do or says he should do is irrelevant. While his tact may leave something to be desired, he seems to be willing to fight what he believe is unjust and we should all be as convicted to our principles.

Whether he wins or looses is not as important as having the ability/right/duty to stand up for what one believes in.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:16 PM   #806
eltejano
I smell pretty

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track

I dont see whay anyone keeps flaming honorsdaddy. Anyone here just talking ant trying to sound so smart are just doing that, talking on here and doing nothing more.

He is actually putting his on the line and doing something in real life, not this cyber, make believe world of big words and no action.

Throwing opinions against him trying to prove how smart or right you are and how stupid you think he is.

Why not let him do this and see what plays out, cause you obviously are not doing shot but typing away.

I have been in unjust situations, fought them and won against odds so I know where he is coming from and I can relate and know what its like. Its not as easy as just talking . When ever you are really there in person doing this, its a different ball game. Its the big boys and the real life.

He is trying to do something on a different front that a lot of others are trying to do and that is stop and out of control, power abusing "public servant". Maybe one attack might not work but this situation helps in the over all war against this .

Normandy alone didnt beat the Germans, it was a culmination of attacks from different means, people and approaches. None alone could win but all together were enough to bring them down.

Some of you just HAVE to have the last word and be the right one so badly that you just cant let well enough alone, you nave to..no NEED to keep chiming in.

Let it be. Let the man fight his battle.

If I was a rich , I would bankroll your defense myself.
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
tejano? Rape me

Last edited by eltejano; 11-03-2010 at 12:19 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:01 PM   #807
PatchHolder

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
HD RoadGlide
Fatboy
Softtail custom
HD FXLR
65 Panhead

I had heard about him for months before I had the pleasure of running into him. As soon as I saw that stupid little smirk and him wearing his Barney Fifth hat I knew it was Holstclaw!
He claims to be an Ex-Marine, cites religious beliefs, and hides behind a badge of authority.
First of all I was an Ex-Marine and all Honorable Marines I knew Honor meant something to them, except for the -birds.
Where is the Honor in the this dirtbag does, using an ordinance just to get back at people he doesn’t approve of?
In some of his ramblings he has mentioned that the loud pipes and the folks that ride them, “HE” considers gives motorcycle enthusiasts bad rep.
Can someone just tell this simple- that the few bikers he considers bad, is no different than what he is doing to make Law enforcement look as bad.
If I were a cop in his sub-station he would have been invited to good old GI
“Blanket-Party”!
I wish Holstclaw would not use beloved Corp to make himself feel good.

And the religion!?! Would you pray if everyone hated you!
And the ultimate! Using a twisted version of Law to satisfy his screwed up ego!
Old 11-03-2010, 10:27 PM   #808
houstonch73
Banned

Feedback Rating: (1)

Send a message via Yahoo to houstonch73
User is banned

Old 11-03-2010, 10:35 PM   #809
speedjunkie
Insomniac

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 r1
2011 stryker

Yamaha Katy

Yamaha KAty is Well Informed about this Individual.. I was Warned he stakes out people on hwy 6 and westheimer.. apearantly he used to be an HPD or SO helicopter pilot Officer.. Its like stories of the STIG on Top gear.. Funny
Old 11-03-2010, 11:09 PM   #810
morvegil
Banned

Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter

User is banned

Old 11-04-2010, 08:28 AM   #811
PatchHolder

Bike(s):
HD RoadGlide
Fatboy
Softtail custom
HD FXLR
65 Panhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by morvegil View Post
Hes a former marine? I call BS on that...
He claims to be an ex-marine. A buddy of mine was stopped by him and when Holstclaw saw the marine sticker on his bike, said "Semper Fi" after giving him a ticket.

When he stopped me, 1st thing I noticed is that the clown still blouses his shirt!
If he was an ex-marine he had to be an office bunny! People like him would have never made it as a combat vet.
But, regardless of what this freak of nature was, or is, I enjoy the fact that the little weasel monitors this site just to get his freak trills.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:38 AM   #812
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchHolder View Post
If he was an ex-marine he had to be an office bunny! People like him would have never made it as a combat vet.
Silly me, I thought marines had an immense respect for one another. Guess not.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:40 AM   #813
ddgtomahawk
Write my name! \/

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2016 R1
2001 Honda CBR929 RE
2005 Honda CBR600RR
2007 R6S

Quote:
Respect for other ones who shared combat. Depends.

Come here you little cake eating sieg heil .
Old 11-04-2010, 09:05 AM   #814
morvegil
Banned

Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter

User is banned

Old 11-04-2010, 10:03 AM   #815
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudonym View Post
Unjust laws exist: shall we be content to obey them, or shall we endeavor to amend them, and obey them until we have succeeded, or shall we transgress them at once? Men, generally, under such a government as this, think that they ought to wait until they have persuaded the majority to alter them. They think that, if they should resist, the remedy would be worse than the evil. But it is the fault of the government itself that the remedy is worse than the evil. It makes it worse. Why is it not more apt to anticipate and provide for reform? Why does it not cherish its wise minority? Why does it cry and resist before it is hurt? Why does it not encourage its citizens to put out its faults, and do better than it would have them? Why does it always crucify Christ and excommunicate Copernicus and Luther, and pronounce Washington and Franklin rebels? -- Henry David Thoreau

I won't pretend to know all the circumstances of this case, and I don't know Honorsdaddy from Adam; however, it seems the man has picked his battle and what anyone says they would do or says he should do is irrelevant. While his tact may leave something to be desired, he seems to be willing to fight what he believe is unjust and we should all be as convicted to our principles.

Whether he wins or looses is not as important as having the ability/right/duty to stand up for what one believes in.

i smell a troll
Old 11-04-2010, 10:42 AM   #816
pseudonym

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575 View Post
i smell a troll

I’ll admit I had to look up what a troll was, according to urban dictionary it is this: “One who purposely and deliberately (that purpose usually being self-amusement) starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers. He will spark of such an argument via the use of ad hominem attacks (i.e. 'you're nothing but a fanboy' is a popular phrase) with no substance or relevance to back them up as well as straw man arguments, which he uses to simply avoid addressing the essence of the issue.”

How so? There were no attacks and my intention was to show support for Honorsdaddy with something other than “F” this and “F” that or “I would do this” and “I would do that”. I think what he’s doing is commendable and thought I would share with him my support.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:15 AM   #817
PatchHolder

Bike(s):
HD RoadGlide
Fatboy
Softtail custom
HD FXLR
65 Panhead

Quote:

Yes you are right;
Marines have a immense respect for one another. Once a Marine, always a Marine, Brothers….

One thing you have to understand, Marine Brothers have nicknames for each other, there is no respect lost when one Marine calls another nicknames like “Remington Raiders”, “Office Bunny” or “BAMs (Broad-A** Marines)” for the female Marines.

But, a Marine is defined by Honor, Integrity and Respect. What this guy is doing goes against everything that is drilled into you in the Corps.

You earn Respect, you dont demand it!

Where is the Honor in feeding ones ego by twisting up laws for self gratification?
By Holstclaw selectively ticketing Motorcycles by how they look and sound is no different than how a racist thinks… He has a mental picture of how his world should look.

But, then again, it almost worked with Hitler…..
Old 11-04-2010, 11:21 AM   #818
hotcknstrips
Bevo's royal guard.

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
09 Buell 1125CR

Quote:
Yes you are right;
Marines have a immense respect for one another. Once a Marine, always a Marine, Brothers….

One thing you have to understand, Marine Brothers have nicknames for each other, there is no respect lost when one Marine calls another nicknames like “Remington Raiders”, “Office Bunny” or “BAMs (Broad-A** Marines)” for the female Marines.

But, a Marine is defined by Honor, Integrity and Respect. What this guy is doing goes against everything that is drilled into you in the Corps.

You earn Respect, you dont demand it!

Where is the Honor in feeding ones ego by twisting up laws for self gratification?
By Holstclaw selectively ticketing Motorcycles by how they look and sound is no different than how a racist thinks… He has a mental picture of how his world should look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Weird Lady
Mucus Membrane!
Old 11-04-2010, 03:54 PM   #819
CDN_bacon
Eh?

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
VFR800
CRF 250X

Quote:

come on now...he's not selectively ticketing motorcycles, just google his name and you'll find a similar thread going on about him ticketing corvettes :p

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True Story" - Barney Stinson
Old 11-04-2010, 03:57 PM   #820
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_bacon View Post
come on now...he's not selectively ticketing motorcycles, just google his name and you'll find a similar thread going on about him ticketing corvettes :p
He is ticketing anything with any aftermarket exhaust work - including beauty tips - based upon his personal opinion that the vehicle should remain stock.

If the vehicle passes state inspections, then I fail to see where one cop on HPD gets to decide what is and is not legal.

Advertisement