MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2010, 05:27 PM   #781
eltejano
I smell pretty

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track

I wonder if he wacks it with his uniform on.
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
tejano? Rape me
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Holtsclaw Half-Fast General Discussion (Moto Related) 84 10-19-2011 11:50 AM
Holtsclaw? Enough Already NewRider Off Topic 11 11-02-2010 05:28 PM
Psycho girlfriend gsxrjai Off Topic 46 12-09-2009 01:52 PM
Psycho Test Lobo Off Topic 11 02-28-2006 10:37 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-02-2010, 05:54 PM   #782
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06fairedfz1 View Post
well then why isn't he targeting all the hoopty lawn mowing trucks or the other 50,000 pieces of riding around this town... wouldn't that make this harassment or discrimination?
How do you know he isn't? We can find posts/complaints about him ticketing some cars if you search
Old 11-02-2010, 06:04 PM   #783
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
I thank you for your perspective but you and Dvl are ignoring the fact that the statutes do not require a thing other than a functioning muffler with a baffle.

Were this CA or CO, i'd say it was different, However, it ISN'T.

The statute Holtsclaw is attempting to enforce is not valid as he is doing it, and frankly the courts know it. Anyone who fights it, wins. Every. Single. Time.

He was even SPECIFICALLY ordered by his department to stop writing tickets for it.

Takes a special kind of stupid to sue your boss to be able to write an unenforceable ticket ...but yet that is what he did.

Well obviously your willing to bet your $ on it... I have a feeling this isn't going to come out all that cut-n-dry. In the early days of this thread, I asked someone with some legal background in regards to the code... hence WHY I had posted that I was wrong in regards to me interpetation.

You may find yourself cleared of the 'noise' and get tagged for something related to the epa thing instead.

There an few old saying that relate to the key concept... one is "Don't count your chickens until after they hatch".
Old 11-02-2010, 06:26 PM   #784
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

"You could get a good look at a T-bone by sticking your head up a bulls , or you could just take the butchers word for it"
Old 11-02-2010, 07:19 PM   #785
MykolJ
Giraffe!

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
GSXR
600rr
R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
I wont go into details except to say there was not even the option to take the ticket.

Maybe YOU believe "cops win" but for some of us, well...we dont just bow to the badge.

When a cop abuses his authority, and his superiors show no signs of curtailing him, well....someone has to fight it.
This cracks me up. You want to fight it then you want to ask for donations for your defense? Looks like you appointed yourself to "fight the power".

I'm almost 100% sure that had you just accepted the ticket instead of reminding him about what he supposedly forgot you could have ridden home.

I do my fair share of bad things, but I don't go on crusades for the greater good of the community and I choose my battles very carefully. Maybe this is one you should have reconsidered.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:39 PM   #786
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by MykolJ View Post
This cracks me up. You want to fight it then you want to ask for donations for your defense? Looks like you appointed yourself to "fight the power".

I'm almost 100% sure that had you just accepted the ticket instead of reminding him about what he supposedly forgot you could have ridden home.

I do my fair share of bad things, but I don't go on crusades for the greater good of the community and I choose my battles very carefully. Maybe this is one you should have reconsidered.
Someone needs to stand against the . I understand the acceptance of donations in the name of possibly overturning the convictions.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:41 PM   #787
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL
2013 Triumph Trophy SE (sold)
2009 Harley-Davidson Road Glide(sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1300T (sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1100 (sold)

Send a message via Yahoo to honorsdaddy
Quote:

Actually yes i did appoint myself to fight it. Didn't look like anyone else was inclined to do so.

Guess you're one of those who is OK with abuse of power as long as it doesn't get in the way of your leisure time.

Maybe you missed it - im fighting with or without the donations. I don't NEED assistance - but yeah, it would help.

All offense intended - it is attitudes like yours which allow this kind of and worse to continue.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:44 PM   #788
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Here's the deal; IMO, if you want to help honorsdaddy in his fight, than donate. (fwiw, I did) If you don't, that's fine. The man picked the fight knowing what he was getting into, and there's nothing wrong in seeing if others are like minded and are willing to support him in his fight.

While I don't agree Officer Holtsclaw is a "psycho" I do believe his choice to specifically target this law to enforce, when there are so many others that are broken that have larger consequences, i.e. drunk driving, is questionable at best.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com

Last edited by Patrick; 11-02-2010 at 09:48 PM.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:47 PM   #789
eltejano
I smell pretty

Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track

Quote:

Some people do, though. Imagine a world where everyone thinks like you. Where everyone does nothing for anyone but themselves.

Would be a pretty up world where everyone would be getting walked all over by anyone that wished to abuse their power.

I am glad not everyone thinks this way.
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
tejano? Rape me
Old 11-02-2010, 10:49 PM   #790
Lokati
Not-a-squid

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
06 ZX6r (the last of the 636)
----------------------
Previously owned (most recently at least):
09 ZX10r, 08 250r, 08 Busa, 07 GSXR 600, 06 CBR 600rr, a couple 50s, 02 R6, '00 Mille, '00 R1

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltejano View Post
Some people do, though. Imagine a world where everyone thinks like you. Where everyone does nothing for anyone but themselves.

Would be a pretty up world where everyone would be getting walked all over by anyone that wished to abuse their power.

I am glad not everyone thinks this way.
Yeah we'd either all still have a British accent.

Or all be speaking German.

Not sure which, but either one makes me vomit in my mouth a little.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:58 PM   #791
kibitzer
Donkey punch 2 the soul

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR
02 XR100(tarded)
07 CRF50 (mini tard)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokati View Post
Yeah we'd either all still have a British accent.

Or all be speaking German.

Not sure which, but either one makes me vomit in my mouth a little.
I'm not going to go as far as comparing Honors' battle over noise violations with world changing wars, but I will wish the curmudgeonly old fart good luck in his fight. I've seen him be quick to an ill tempered reaction here over misinterpretations and hope that he kept his cool for the most part with the meter maid to justify contesting the charges in court.

Good luck pops.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:21 AM   #792
MykolJ
Giraffe!

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
GSXR
600rr
R6

I just figured since everyone had their opinion about this I'd chime in myself. Saying that my attitude is the reason that this continues is a bit of a stretch. But again you're also entitled to you opinion as well as everyone else.

There are probably other routes you could have gone to get your point across that wouldn't have left you to spend the night in jail. I will assert myself when I feel that I need to. Bravo to you for having the time and money to try and fight all of the wrongs that have been done to you.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:41 AM   #793
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by kibitzer View Post
I'm not going to go as far as comparing Honors' battle over noise violations with world changing wars, but I will wish the curmudgeonly old fart good luck in his fight. I've seen him be quick to an ill tempered reaction here over misinterpretations and hope that he kept his cool for the most part with the meter maid to justify contesting the charges in court.

Good luck pops.
Pops?

Watch it sonny...don't make me smack you with my cane...
Old 11-03-2010, 10:35 AM   #794
PatchHolder

Bike(s):
HD RoadGlide
Fatboy
Softtail custom
HD FXLR
65 Panhead

Hey everyone!
I just joined in on this form because I heard about the pencil DIC Cop (Holstsclaw) that has been everyone’s headache on Hi 6. I have been stopped by this -wipe twice, but have not gotten the privilege of getting a ticket from him. I’ve run across many dipshit cops with a Napoleon syndrome that hide behind authority and religion.
I can tell you one thing is for sure, no matter what ordinances get changed (Houston Noise Ordinance), this dog will find something else to go after. The only solution with all these camera phones and video cameras is to capture it and sue the clown for harassment.
He has been out there for so long it’s obvious he won’t be going anywhere. I heard Channel 26 is doing a segment Nov 10th and riding to city hall on the 16th 12 noon from the county line. This will draw attention, and once everyone sees what he is about, things can start rolling.
Remember to pick a course and stay the course!
Old 11-03-2010, 10:57 AM   #795
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchHolder View Post
Hey everyone!
I just joined in on this form because I heard about the pencil DIC Cop (Holstsclaw) that has been everyoneís headache on Hi 6. I have been stopped by this -wipe twice, but have not gotten the privilege of getting a ticket from him. Iíve run across many dipshit cops with a Napoleon syndrome that hide behind authority and religion.
I can tell you one thing is for sure, no matter what ordinances get changed (Houston Noise Ordinance), this dog will find something else to go after. The only solution with all these camera phones and video cameras is to capture it and sue the clown for harassment.
He has been out there for so long itís obvious he wonít be going anywhere. I heard Channel 26 is doing a segment Nov 10th and riding to city hall on the 16th 12 noon from the county line. This will draw attention, and once everyone sees what he is about, things can start rolling.
Welcome!

Hopefully we can get some traction on this guy.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:06 AM   #796
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchHolder View Post
Hey everyone!
I just joined in on this form because I heard about the pencil DIC Cop (Holstsclaw) that has been everyoneís headache on Hi 6. I have been stopped by this -wipe twice, but have not gotten the privilege of getting a ticket from him. Iíve run across many dipshit cops with a Napoleon syndrome that hide behind authority and religion.
He has been out there for so long itís obvious he wonít be going anywhere. I heard Channel 26 is doing a segment Nov 10th and riding to city hall on the 16th 12 noon from the county line. This will draw attention, and once everyone sees what he is about, things can start rolling.
Welcome!

It is so wierd, I ride this area all the time (hwy 6 & i-10, i-10 to bltwy 8, bltwy 8 to westheimer, westheimer to hwy 6, hwy 6 to i-10... I don't do in a square I'm just making the point that i frequent these areas a lot!)...Have never ran into this guy or gotten stopped for anything, the way I ride is not super crazy, but it's also not the speed limit. My exhaust is pretty loud... I feel left out

HALFFAST GROUP
Old 11-03-2010, 11:10 AM   #797
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
Welcome!

It is so wierd, I ride this area all the time (hwy 6 & i-10, i-10 to bltwy 8, bltwy 8 to westheimer, westheimer to hwy 6, hwy 6 to i-10... I don't do in a square I'm just making the point that i frequent these areas a lot!)...Have never ran into this guy or gotten stopped for anything, the way I ride is not super crazy, but it's also not the speed limit. My exhaust is pretty loud... I feel left out
A lot of it is WHAT you ride. Holtsclaw has stated that he specifically targets big twins. In other words - large, expensive cruiser-style motorcycles. Why? Because most of us have enough disposable income to pay the ticket and probably wont contest it.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:12 AM   #798
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:
A lot of it is WHAT you ride. Holtsclaw has stated that he specifically targets big twins. In other words - large, expensive cruiser-style motorcycles. Why? Because most of us have enough disposable income to pay the ticket and probably wont contest it.
When/where did he say that? And I think you're a fool if you believe he is only targeting those with disposable income, I sincerely hope you don't try to use that at trial, you will likely be laughed out of the courtroom.
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
Old 11-03-2010, 11:17 AM   #799
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
When/where did he say that? And I think you're a fool if you believe he is only targeting those with disposable income, I sincerely hope you don't try to use that at trial, you will likely be laughed out of the courtroom.
He said it in this very thread.

His account has been nuked, but here are some links to responses:

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...&postcount=295

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=71

His words friend - not mine.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:36 AM   #800
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:
He said it in this very thread.

His account has been nuked, but here are some links to responses:

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...&postcount=295

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=71

His words friend - not mine.

When taken out of context anything can sound how you want it to. Sounds to me like he's going after people with loud pipes, not that he has a specific vengeance against V-twins. And @ him targeting folks with disposable income, fkn comical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD Holtsclaw
Again, most of my citations go to the big twins with straight pipes and the banger Acura's and Honda's. Rick HPD
Those folks in the banger Honda's are rolling in $$$ huh?
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
Closed Thread

Advertisement