MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2010, 06:52 AM   #481
Rachy Rach
Nut up or Shut up!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
07 Yamaha r6 - Sold :(

If everyone heard the pipes before they see the bike, the idiot that cut me off back in April wouldn't have done so. Just sayin...
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Holtsclaw Half-Fast General Discussion (Moto Related) 84 10-19-2011 11:50 AM
Holtsclaw? Enough Already NewRider Off Topic 11 11-02-2010 05:28 PM
Psycho girlfriend gsxrjai Off Topic 46 12-09-2009 01:52 PM
Psycho Test Lobo Off Topic 11 02-28-2006 10:37 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-26-2010, 07:22 AM   #482
kibitzer
Donkey punch 2 the soul

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR
02 XR100(tarded)
07 CRF50 (mini tard)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachy Rach View Post
If everyone heard the pipes before they see the bike, the idiot that cut me off back in April wouldn't have done so. Just sayin...
Your pipes clearly are not loud enough. Have you considered a siren?
Old 08-26-2010, 09:01 AM   #483
Phiber

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Streetfighter S
2009 Ninja 250

Quote:
The pipes point backwards and most of the sound is directed to the rear. I had a lady in a Hummer pull over into my lane when I was directly next to her, and my bike is fairly loud. I had to use my horn.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:07 AM   #484
rquirch
RQuirch

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
GSX-R 750 ( sold )
2002 Honda XR-50R (sold :( )

Cops are being shot in the face by illegals while this hero is getting fat and listening for loud bikes on westheimer...

WOW.

shame on this dude.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:38 PM   #485
gixxerman
Track Junkie Racing

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR1000
2002 GSXR1000
95 CBR900RR
89 ZX7R
YAMAHA RADIAN 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06BIGDOG View Post
Reading all this cracks me up. Uptight cops who feel there time is better spent pulling someone over for loud pipes might be safer then dealing with the real criminal who flood our streets. This same cop has two cops as neighbors who have loud as harley's that are their personal bikes. Hasn't ticketed them. HMMMMMM! You say learning to ride is what keeps you safe like your the only ones who knows how. I have been riding motorcycles since I was 7 and been through safety courses and stand here today to post this because of my loud pipes. So as it being an excuse you can call it what you want but people hear you before they see you on a bike. One last thing mr. officer just cause your the cop don't mean that other people don't read the laws. Get the equiptment if your so called upholding the law and prove it instead of using your almighty power of the badge to be a p---k!
amen.
I wish cops spent more time policing our neighborhoods and local business for criminal activities then sitting on there a$$ or hanging out their windows on the freeway looking for a person going 10 mph over the speedlimit 2 miles before they get to them. The only reason for not serving the public the way it's needed is money. Catching criminals doesn't pay and could be hazardess to their health if they get shot or something. But hey I would rather pay a cop twice as much salery to patrol local businesses and neighrbor hoods then sitting on the freeway. Let the Highway patrol do that. I'm not saying patrols are not needed on the highways. Someone needs to catch the drug smugglers and 18 wheelers with loose loads etc.. that could hurt us. But lookign for loud motorcycles and cars on the road is retarded and a waste of my tax money. Maybe the church should fund his cause instead of all the tax payers.
Just saying, they don't protect and serve like I think they should.
Piece

Need Body Work, Shorai batteries, Protection for your bike and body, Tire Warmers, Rearsets etc..? Come see us! We sale the top brands at the lowest prices around from Attack, Armour Bodies, Optimal Racing, Woodcraft, Forcefield, Chicken Hawk, Suzuka, Teknic, Sato Racing, Driven Racing, Arai, XT Racing and more!
www.Track-Junkie.com **Also swing by our trailer at all Fastline Motorcycle Events**
Old 08-26-2010, 06:11 PM   #486
BaylorNinja500
I miss this place

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 500R
2008 Zuma 125cc

^^^ nice ! couldn't agree more!

hmmm how should i contribute to this zombie thread...

Well maybe i should start talking abou
Old 08-26-2010, 06:56 PM   #487
Rachy Rach
Nut up or Shut up!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by kibitzer View Post
Your pipes clearly are not loud enough. Have you considered a siren?
Nah I haven't, but good idea!
Old 08-26-2010, 07:42 PM   #488
Street Ninja
Banned

Bike(s):
\_(ツ)_/

User is banned

Old 08-26-2010, 10:09 PM   #489
cwest22

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
92 cbr f2 fighter (sold)

Quote:
Nah I haven't, but good idea!
i just found some strobes in my garage. You think those would suffice? Because i think so
Old 08-26-2010, 11:14 PM   #490
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwest22 View Post
i just found some strobes in my garage. You think those would suffice? Because i think so
Only if you add the mirrorball too.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:14 AM   #491
morvegil
Banned

Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter

User is banned

Old 08-27-2010, 09:26 AM   #492
HMFIC

Bike(s):
08 Super Duke R
08 YZ450F
Santa Cruz Blur 4x
09 YZ250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by morvegil View Post
Dont worry guys....the COC has lawyers on this guy....we will be getting him off the streets.
<edit>
I googled and found my answer.....
Old 08-27-2010, 12:12 PM   #493
Doug
Hangover

Bike(s):
FLTRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerman View Post
amen.
I wish cops spent more time policing our neighborhoods and local business for criminal activities then sitting on there a$$ or hanging out their windows on the freeway looking for a person going 10 mph over the speedlimit 2 miles before they get to them. The only reason for not serving the public the way it's needed is money. Catching criminals doesn't pay and could be hazardess to their health if they get shot or something. But hey I would rather pay a cop twice as much salery to patrol local businesses and neighrbor hoods then sitting on the freeway. Let the Highway patrol do that. I'm not saying patrols are not needed on the highways. Someone needs to catch the drug smugglers and 18 wheelers with loose loads etc.. that could hurt us. But lookign for loud motorcycles and cars on the road is retarded and a waste of my tax money. Maybe the church should fund his cause instead of all the tax payers.
Just saying, they don't protect and serve like I think they should.
Piece
Just remember the police are criminal investigators and not crime prevention
Old 08-28-2010, 10:51 AM   #494
ttocs

Bike(s):
Kawasaki Versys 650
Aprilia sr50 scooter

???

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanXJ View Post
sheesh, I'd quit writing tickets if you guys would wear your gear
Just curious, you are a police officer that writes tickets to motorcyclists who don't wear reasonable protective gear and if a motorcyclist is wearing protective gear you tend to let them go even if they are exceeding the speed limit?
Old 08-30-2010, 11:09 AM   #495
Rachy Rach
Nut up or Shut up!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwest22 View Post
I can go pull some from our warehouse! But thanks
Old 08-30-2010, 12:18 PM   #496
gixxerman
Track Junkie Racing

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR1000
2002 GSXR1000
95 CBR900RR
89 ZX7R
YAMAHA RADIAN 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Just remember the police are criminal investigators and not crime prevention
I would think and hope they did both. Protect and Serve right? Why else hire a cop to sit outside movie theaters etc.., but to deture theft and mischief. Heck if they are criminal investigtors I've never seen them come to my house dusting for finger prints or asking the neighbors if they saw anything when it got broke into long ago or dusting my car for finger prints when the radio was stolen. It's more like file this report and we'll never get back to you. So if they are just investigtors we could pay them even less to sit at home, donut shop etc.. and wait for a call to come in instead of the freeway collecting revenue for the city. Like I said it's all about money not safety.

Need Body Work, Shorai batteries, Protection for your bike and body, Tire Warmers, Rearsets etc..? Come see us! We sale the top brands at the lowest prices around from Attack, Armour Bodies, Optimal Racing, Woodcraft, Forcefield, Chicken Hawk, Suzuka, Teknic, Sato Racing, Driven Racing, Arai, XT Racing and more!
www.Track-Junkie.com **Also swing by our trailer at all Fastline Motorcycle Events**
Old 08-30-2010, 12:36 PM   #497
HMFIC

Bike(s):
08 Super Duke R
08 YZ450F
Santa Cruz Blur 4x
09 YZ250F

I drove to work and I saw 2 Officers on the freeway....I thought HPD had more than two Officers?
Old 08-30-2010, 09:14 PM   #498
Doug
Hangover

Bike(s):
FLTRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerman View Post
I would think and hope they did both. Protect and Serve right? Why else hire a cop to sit outside movie theaters etc.., but to deture theft and mischief. Heck if they are criminal investigtors I've never seen them come to my house dusting for finger prints or asking the neighbors if they saw anything when it got broke into long ago or dusting my car for finger prints when the radio was stolen. It's more like file this report and we'll never get back to you. So if they are just investigtors we could pay them even less to sit at home, donut shop etc.. and wait for a call to come in instead of the freeway collecting revenue for the city. Like I said it's all about money not safety.
Cops sit outside venues because they are hired to do so by the venue.

I feel your pain about burglary reports. I went through the same when my car was stolen. And, I completely agree that it's all about money. I work with an ex-HPD officer who quit in the early 80s when they were told they had to start issuing more citations due to budget deficits. The judicial system, much like everything else in this country, is based on revenue generation.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:54 PM   #499
ninja500r77

i got a ticket by this cop 2 sundays ago while on my way to watch the texans play at a friends house, needless to say he bummed me out, but i'm looking into the decible level matter. he told me to change my pipe back to stock, take a picture of my bike and take it to court and they will dismiss the ticket.....really, is that your solution because i can switch it back to my scorpion, hahaha. i won't be riding that end of hwy 6 anymore.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:57 PM   #500
ninja500r77

additionally, he loves the noteriety. he let me know who he was and how bikers hated him and had a crappy grin on his face the whole time. he has also decided to start pulling over cruisers as well. first he only targeted street bikes, but he says now the cruisers are annoying him as well. FYI he rides as well. worst part, we had this conversation, as if i really wanted to stand there and chat him up.
Closed Thread

Advertisement