MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2010, 11:32 AM   #441
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTiger View Post
All:

I've been reading some of the negative commentary about Mr. Holtsclaw(sp?). If I may? My unsolicited opinion is this: I think it may be a bit harsh and unwarranted. In fact, I'd like to suggest that we send the gentleman a collective "thank you" for being such a self-less and dedicated public servant and fearing Christian. He obviously has everyone's best interests at heart, and
has probably issued more warnings than tickets for what he considers loud motorcycle exhaust to be. Think of how much of his personal time he surely has spent fine tuning his hearing to the point that he can discern whether, or not, the decibel level of said exhaust falls within or without cited Houston city ordinance conditions. Quite frankly, I'm very impressed...he seems to be an amazing
person! You know? I can't rememer the last time I was able to thoroughly enjoy the peace and serenity of Hwy 6 or Westheimer, and I think we should all let him know that, although his efforts may seem futile and maybe even a bit narcissistic to some, I applaud his "rage against the machine" approach to public safety, and may I add, any references to Brown Shirts should be summarily disputed
and the posts removed.

I'd like to share some personal testimony with you all. My normal route to work is via Westpark Tollway-1093-Hwy 6-Memorial. Just the other day I was driving to work and enjoying my morning coffee (home brew, but its not bad!), catching up on a few text messages, and doing my best to get my brand new bluetooth earpiece to join with my phone. Well, it wasn't quite as easy to do as the one that,
unfortunately, fell out of my ear the day before while I was leaning out of my window to threaten that dude with the loud music playing with his life if he refused to turn that Bobby Pulido down so I could finish my freakin' conversation!!...sorry had to digress for a moment. Anyway, so naturally, I had break out the darn manual and try to read it between stop lights, while replying to
my girlfriend's text message about the neighbors cat, and arguing with the cable company who had just called to request a time change for a repair appointment I'd made. All of a sudden, I mean out of nowhere, I was startled by an excruciatingly loud and distracting noise (nice '08 black pearl Streetglide!!!) coming up from behind me on the right, so much so, that I jumped and practically
bumped my head on the ceiling of my truck, which resulted in me spilling coffee all over my brand new blue tooth's manual, (what a mess!) dropping my phone on the floorboard with the cable tv company agent still on the line squawking about how she can't seem to ever get customers to cooperate, incompetent technicians, blah, blah, blah, and a text message prematurely sent to my girlfriend which resulted in a not so pleasant phone conversation at the next traffic light! (words to the wise? Be careful when texting with females about cats...sometimes the context of those conversations can be misconstrued under certain circumstances, if you get my meaning???) It was at that very moment, I had an epiphany. What if we had 10 men like Mr. Holtsclaw(sp?)? ...a hundred? ...a thousand?? I may be a dreamer, but if His dedication to making the streets of Houston more quiet and peaceful can catch fire and burn through rank and file motorcycle enthusiasts, everywhere, it would be one less thing to distract the courteous, competent drivers that we all know Houstonians to be. I mean don't they already have enough distractions to deal with?

Thanks, again, to Mr. Holtsclaw(sp?) and I would like challenge everyone to send this selfless, dedicated individual (may I offer "Martyr for a quieter Houston"?) a personal "thank you" for doing his part to ensure motorcyclists, everywhere, will take pause before making a decision to purchase non-OEM exhaust for their motorcycles, thereby, returing peace and quiet to the streets of Houston.

Thank you,

Chris Lee
Sounds to me the exhaust woke you up and made you pay attention to the road instead of your coffe, text messages, phone conversations (which the bluetooth does not make talking on the phone safer, you are still distracted, had you not been distracted, you would have seen the bike coming and wouldn't have been startled) I don't know this officer, and do not want to, but I find it funny you logged in just to post this one. Welcome to the forum. I smell bacon.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Holtsclaw Half-Fast General Discussion (Moto Related) 84 10-19-2011 11:50 AM
Holtsclaw? Enough Already NewRider Off Topic 11 11-02-2010 05:28 PM
Psycho girlfriend gsxrjai Off Topic 46 12-09-2009 01:52 PM
Psycho Test Lobo Off Topic 11 02-28-2006 10:37 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-27-2010, 11:36 AM   #442
Davekg
Honda Rider

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 CBR

Quote:
All:

I can't rememer the last time I was able to thoroughly enjoy the peace and serenity of Hwy 6 or Westheimer,

motorcyclists, everywhere, will take pause before making a decision to purchase non-OEM exhaust for their motorcycles, thereby, returing peace and quiet to the streets of Houston.

Thank you,

Chris Lee
Peace and serenity in Houston????? Weird, if you want peace and serenity look somewhere besides Houston.>> Doubt you'll ever find it If you want to find peace and serenity get on a motorcycle and hit the back roads.

Old 07-27-2010, 11:41 AM   #443
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Sarcasm is just so lost around here.... LOL!!
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
Old 07-27-2010, 11:44 AM   #444
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

serenity now
Old 07-27-2010, 11:49 AM   #445
zombiejesus
braaaaiiiiinssss

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

insert epic facepalm picture of your choosing
Old 07-27-2010, 12:02 PM   #446
ddgtomahawk
Write my name! \/

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2016 R1
2001 Honda CBR929 RE
2005 Honda CBR600RR
2007 R6S

Holstclaw we have laws against multiple accounts.

Come here you little cake eating sieg heil .
Old 07-27-2010, 12:03 PM   #447
Tri

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2009 R6
2005 R6 - Sold :*[

Quote:
All:

I've been reading some of the negative commentary about Mr. Holtsclaw(sp?). If I may? My unsolicited opinion is this: I think it may be a bit harsh and unwarranted. In fact, I'd like to suggest that we send the gentleman a collective "thank you" for being such a self-less and dedicated public servant and fearing Christian. He obviously has everyone's best interests at heart, and
has probably issued more warnings than tickets for what he considers loud motorcycle exhaust to be. Think of how much of his personal time he surely has spent fine tuning his hearing to the point that he can discern whether, or not, the decibel level of said exhaust falls within or without cited Houston city ordinance conditions. Quite frankly, I'm very impressed...he seems to be an amazing
person! You know? I can't rememer the last time I was able to thoroughly enjoy the peace and serenity of Hwy 6 or Westheimer, and I think we should all let him know that, although his efforts may seem futile and maybe even a bit narcissistic to some, I applaud his "rage against the machine" approach to public safety, and may I add, any references to Brown Shirts should be summarily disputed
and the posts removed.

I'd like to share some personal testimony with you all. My normal route to work is via Westpark Tollway-1093-Hwy 6-Memorial. Just the other day I was driving to work and enjoying my morning coffee (home brew, but its not bad!), catching up on a few text messages, and doing my best to get my brand new bluetooth earpiece to join with my phone. Well, it wasn't quite as easy to do as the one that,
unfortunately, fell out of my ear the day before while I was leaning out of my window to threaten that dude with the loud music playing with his life if he refused to turn that Bobby Pulido down so I could finish my freakin' conversation!!...sorry had to digress for a moment. Anyway, so naturally, I had break out the darn manual and try to read it between stop lights, while replying to
my girlfriend's text message about the neighbors cat, and arguing with the cable company who had just called to request a time change for a repair appointment I'd made. All of a sudden, I mean out of nowhere, I was startled by an excruciatingly loud and distracting noise (nice '08 black pearl Streetglide!!!) coming up from behind me on the right, so much so, that I jumped and practically
bumped my head on the ceiling of my truck, which resulted in me spilling coffee all over my brand new blue tooth's manual, (what a mess!) dropping my phone on the floorboard with the cable tv company agent still on the line squawking about how she can't seem to ever get customers to cooperate, incompetent technicians, blah, blah, blah, and a text message prematurely sent to my girlfriend which resulted in a not so pleasant phone conversation at the next traffic light! (words to the wise? Be careful when texting with females about cats...sometimes the context of those conversations can be misconstrued under certain circumstances, if you get my meaning???) It was at that very moment, I had an epiphany. What if we had 10 men like Mr. Holtsclaw(sp?)? ...a hundred? ...a thousand?? I may be a dreamer, but if His dedication to making the streets of Houston more quiet and peaceful can catch fire and burn through rank and file motorcycle enthusiasts, everywhere, it would be one less thing to distract the courteous, competent drivers that we all know Houstonians to be. I mean don't they already have enough distractions to deal with?

Thanks, again, to Mr. Holtsclaw(sp?) and I would like challenge everyone to send this selfless, dedicated individual (may I offer "Martyr for a quieter Houston"?) a personal "thank you" for doing his part to ensure motorcyclists, everywhere, will take pause before making a decision to purchase non-OEM exhaust for their motorcycles, thereby, returing peace and quiet to the streets of Houston.

Thank you,

Chris Lee
is this a serious post or someone f***in around?

Old 07-27-2010, 12:18 PM   #448
Horn09

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
Sarcasm is just so lost around here.... LOL!!
so true.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:21 PM   #449
zombiejesus
braaaaiiiiinssss

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Quote:
Originally Posted by murderface View Post
insert epic facepalm picture of your choosing
seriously people?
Old 07-27-2010, 12:23 PM   #450
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilai View Post
is this a serious post or someone f***in around?
Old 07-27-2010, 12:28 PM   #451
BcFrancis

Experience: 9-12 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 yamaha R6(sold)

Member Garage

which way to the gym?

oh, sorry to interupt.....
Old 07-27-2010, 12:34 PM   #452
DanteLee
Sexy Dynamite

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
suzuki katana 96(sold)
honda cbr f4i 06 (sold)
ride my neighbors harley cuz he doesnt ride it

i farted, oh dayum there goes your serenity.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:39 PM   #453
Perf_White_GT
Probably Supported Obama

Experience: 4 years

AW NO NIGERIANS I AINT READING ALL THAT

CLIFFS?
Old 07-27-2010, 12:40 PM   #454
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

satire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perf_White_GT View Post

CLIFFS?
Don't want to hurt yourself? :-)
Old 07-27-2010, 12:42 PM   #455
Tri

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2009 R6
2005 R6 - Sold :*[

Quote:

CLIFFS?
Tiger: I was reading a manual, texting, drinking coffee, and yelling at the cable company over the phone all while driving and not watching out for motorcyclist

loud exhaust: vroooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Tiger: "ahhhhhhhhhh, where is holtzclaw when i need him?"

Old 07-27-2010, 12:45 PM   #456
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
Some people don't have the time to waste being on the internet
Old 07-27-2010, 12:46 PM   #457
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Some people don't have the time to waste being on the internet
Yea right.. I'm thinking it's too hard if it doesn't come with pictures.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:46 PM   #458
Perf_White_GT
Probably Supported Obama

Experience: 4 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
Hells no, all brain power is being used to finish out the summer semester..

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilai View Post
Tiger: I was reading a manual, texting, drinking coffee, and yelling at the cable company over the phone all while driving and not watching out for motorcyclist

loud exhaust: vroooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Tiger: "ahhhhhhhhhh, where is holtzclaw when i need him?"
So this Holtzclaw guy is a real Dbag i see...
Old 07-27-2010, 12:50 PM   #459
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Hells no, all brain power is being used to finish out the summer semester..

, Texas State gives credit for motohouston posts?
Old 07-27-2010, 12:50 PM   #460
kdog22
Wheelie it son..

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto
1988 Honda ZB50 - For Sale

Member Garage

Quote:

CLIFFS?
He said something about his boyfriend entering a salad tossing contest in an effort to bring to life a crappy thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Muhammad.........Nostradamus..........Kdog
The cycle continues.
Closed Thread

Advertisement