MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2010, 10:46 AM   #421
kibitzer
Donkey punch 2 the soul

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR
02 XR100(tarded)
07 CRF50 (mini tard)

Psycho Cop - Holstclaw?

I'm printing out this thread and jamming it in my exhaust as a baffle.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Holtsclaw Half-Fast General Discussion (Moto Related) 84 10-19-2011 11:50 AM
Holtsclaw? Enough Already NewRider Off Topic 11 11-02-2010 05:28 PM
Psycho girlfriend gsxrjai Off Topic 46 12-09-2009 01:52 PM
Psycho Test Lobo Off Topic 11 02-28-2006 10:37 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-09-2010, 10:52 AM   #422
Mr.D

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
ZZR 600
2007 GSXR 600
VFR 800
Honda Stunt 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer X 05 View Post
Racer X you need to just shut your pie hole before someone does it for ya (Me) because your examples are more Stupid than You are(hard to believe) and as for Rick I think you've found a new drinking buddy in the above mentioned idiot! I understand you don't have a bike anymore maybe you should go cry to your wife or mom which ever your currently living with and ask if they'll let you have one now that Racer X is willing to cosign for you or just ride on the back of his!
oh wow. You are angry.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:36 PM   #423
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer X 05 View Post
Racer X you need to just shut your pie hole before someone does it for ya (Me) because your examples are more Stupid than You are(hard to believe) and as for Rick I think you've found a new drinking buddy in the above mentioned idiot! I understand you don't have a bike anymore maybe you should go cry to your wife or mom which ever your currently living with and ask if they'll let you have one now that Racer X is willing to cosign for you or just ride on the back of his!
oh noez.....another i-net threat, what ever am i going to do.........
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
Old 05-09-2010, 06:02 PM   #424
ThomasNinja650
SSG Coleman

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
oh noez.....another i-net threat, what ever am i going to do.........
You must hide bud. Apparently the E-Thug is strong with the other RacerX
Old 05-09-2010, 06:48 PM   #425
cedestech

Feedback Rating: (12)

Trackdays: 10+

500 posts and it hasn't been locked... wow, for the topic that is impressive...

Old 05-09-2010, 10:36 PM   #426
hibreed

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2009 kawasaki zx6r

Send a message via Yahoo to hibreed Send a message via Skype™ to hibreed
interesting
Old 05-10-2010, 02:02 AM   #427
GAU-8
official thread ender.

Trackdays: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibreed View Post
interesting

which part
Old 05-10-2010, 02:39 PM   #428
SeaBasss

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
01 CBR929RR
97 Suzuki RM250

Old 05-10-2010, 03:15 PM   #429
Romeo36
Mother****ersi'llkillyou

Bike(s):
sv650,rc51,gsxr750,6oo,sdg107

Send a message via AIM to Romeo36
I am only going to post one thing. If I get pulled over for my exhuast being to loud I will ask the judge to walk his and the jurys out to y'alls parking garage where the police bikes sit and let them listen to the harleys of the OFFICERS that patrol on their harleys. If the judge won't go out there I will have video recordings of all the bike cops the ride by my shop day in and day out. If they can have loud pipes so can I.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:19 PM   #430
BadApple
What?

Bike(s):
2006 CRF450X SuperMotard
2002 *ROCKSTAR* xr50

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo36 View Post
I am only going to post one thing. If I get pulled over for my exhuast being to loud I will ask the judge to walk his and the jurys out to y'alls parking garage where the police bikes sit and let them listen to the harleys of the OFFICERS that patrol on their harleys. If the judge won't go out there I will have video recordings of all the bike cops the ride by my shop day in and day out. If they can have loud pipes so can I.
I agree
Old 05-10-2010, 06:28 PM   #431
Romeo36
Mother****ersi'llkillyou

Bike(s):
sv650,rc51,gsxr750,6oo,sdg107

Send a message via AIM to Romeo36
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadApple View Post
I agree
you hush your mouth mouth

oh wait you agreed with me

see even another popo agrees with me.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:37 PM   #432
BadApple
What?

Bike(s):
2006 CRF450X SuperMotard
2002 *ROCKSTAR* xr50

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo36 View Post
you hush your mouth mouth

oh wait you agreed with me

see even another popo agrees with me.
Thought you where only going to post one thing...
Old 05-10-2010, 08:59 PM   #433
Houston Terrell

Bike(s):
DRZ 400SM

Correct me if I am wrong but I do believe that there actually has been a law about equiping a motorcycle with a exhaust that is not up to epa standards which just about every aftermarket exhaust would fall under except some of the "arrow" exhaust systems that you can get from triumph that states they are epa legal.
Just as aftermarket piggy back fuel maping hardware that is for off road use only.

Now from what I under stand "which is not much cause ima dummy" They are starting to actually inforce these various laws. Motorcycle dealers will start to have a hard time installing aftermarket exhaust systems on motorcycles used on the roadways. Btw I am already seeing this now.......
Old 05-10-2010, 09:13 PM   #434
JP171

Bike(s):
00' GSXR 750
05 636

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston Terrell View Post
Correct me if I am wrong but I do believe that there actually has been a law about equiping a motorcycle with a exhaust that is not up to epa standards which just about every aftermarket exhaust would fall under except some of the "arrow" exhaust systems that you can get from triumph that states they are epa legal.
Just as aftermarket piggy back fuel maping hardware that is for off road use only.

Now from what I under stand "which is not much cause ima dummy" They are starting to actually inforce these various laws. Motorcycle dealers will start to have a hard time installing aftermarket exhaust systems on motorcycles used on the roadways. Btw I am already seeing this now.......
there is no EPA regulation on motorcycle exhaust systems unless the vehicle was made with a catalytic converter then it has to be in place, motorcycle exhaust systems have to be DOT compliant. as well as aftermarket fuel remapping systems. states may or may not have regulations as to what is legal for exhaust systems but EPA has nothing as to aftermarket exhausts

For those looking to give back to Texas and serve those in times of need, Join the Texas State Guard.
Locate a Recruiter http://www.gotxsg.com/join.php
Old 05-12-2010, 02:03 PM   #435
Alex"R1"
Freshly released!!!

Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
Lost my R1, time to Replace!
Busa!!! Stretched

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWFII View Post
Loud pipes saves lives...

It allows people in cars -- that are not paying attention -- to know something is next to them.
You want attention from drivers who aren't payin any. Kick and punch they're cars.. LOL..
Old 05-12-2010, 02:14 PM   #436
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL
2013 Triumph Trophy SE (sold)
2009 Harley-Davidson Road Glide(sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1300T (sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1100 (sold)

Send a message via Yahoo to honorsdaddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex"R1" View Post
You want attention from drivers who aren't payin any. Kick and punch they're cars.. LOL..
Yeah that's intelligent....

Where do you ride? I want to know so i avoid that area...
Old 05-12-2010, 02:18 PM   #437
Alex"R1"
Freshly released!!!

Bike(s):
Busa!!! Stretched

Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post

Everywhere.. and I do get attention from other drivers without having to kick and punch.. bought a $80 air horn for my bike and use it when needed.. Only. that can get you arrested.. LOL
Old 05-12-2010, 02:19 PM   #438
Alex"R1"
Freshly released!!!

Bike(s):
Busa!!! Stretched

Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post

Sorry any true would know the clear was ways of being one...
Old 05-26-2010, 02:18 PM   #439
Alex"R1"
Freshly released!!!

Bike(s):
Busa!!! Stretched

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWFII View Post
Loud pipes saves lives...

It allows people in cars -- that are not paying attention -- to know something is next to them.
Wow Dub... didn't know you felt so passionate about the situation.. Well, I guess the next time we head to our regular place to have drinks, I will remove all pipes connecting to the headers and ride raw.. Let them feel those decibels. LOL: Longest lasting forum ever... Hoora Hoora..
Old 07-27-2010, 11:25 AM   #440
TexasTiger

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2008 FLHX

All:

I've been reading some of the negative commentary about Mr. Holtsclaw(sp?). If I may? My unsolicited opinion is this: I think it may be a bit harsh and unwarranted. In fact, I'd like to suggest that we send the gentleman a collective "thank you" for being such a self-less and dedicated public servant and fearing Christian. He obviously has everyone's best interests at heart, and
has probably issued more warnings than tickets for what he considers loud motorcycle exhaust to be. Think of how much of his personal time he surely has spent fine tuning his hearing to the point that he can discern whether, or not, the decibel level of said exhaust falls within or without cited Houston city ordinance conditions. Quite frankly, I'm very impressed...he seems to be an amazing
person! You know? I can't rememer the last time I was able to thoroughly enjoy the peace and serenity of Hwy 6 or Westheimer, and I think we should all let him know that, although his efforts may seem futile and maybe even a bit narcissistic to some, I applaud his "rage against the machine" approach to public safety, and may I add, any references to Brown Shirts should be summarily disputed
and the posts removed.

I'd like to share some personal testimony with you all. My normal route to work is via Westpark Tollway-1093-Hwy 6-Memorial. Just the other day I was driving to work and enjoying my morning coffee (home brew, but its not bad!), catching up on a few text messages, and doing my best to get my brand new bluetooth earpiece to join with my phone. Well, it wasn't quite as easy to do as the one that,
unfortunately, fell out of my ear the day before while I was leaning out of my window to threaten that dude with the loud music playing with his life if he refused to turn that Bobby Pulido down so I could finish my freakin' conversation!!...sorry had to digress for a moment. Anyway, so naturally, I had break out the darn manual and try to read it between stop lights, while replying to
my girlfriend's text message about the neighbors cat, and arguing with the cable company who had just called to request a time change for a repair appointment I'd made. All of a sudden, I mean out of nowhere, I was startled by an excruciatingly loud and distracting noise (nice '08 black pearl Streetglide!!!) coming up from behind me on the right, so much so, that I jumped and practically
bumped my head on the ceiling of my truck, which resulted in me spilling coffee all over my brand new blue tooth's manual, (what a mess!) dropping my phone on the floorboard with the cable tv company agent still on the line squawking about how she can't seem to ever get customers to cooperate, incompetent technicians, blah, blah, blah, and a text message prematurely sent to my girlfriend which resulted in a not so pleasant phone conversation at the next traffic light! (words to the wise? Be careful when texting with females about cats...sometimes the context of those conversations can be misconstrued under certain circumstances, if you get my meaning???) It was at that very moment, I had an epiphany. What if we had 10 men like Mr. Holtsclaw(sp?)? ...a hundred? ...a thousand?? I may be a dreamer, but if His dedication to making the streets of Houston more quiet and peaceful can catch fire and burn through rank and file motorcycle enthusiasts, everywhere, it would be one less thing to distract the courteous, competent drivers that we all know Houstonians to be. I mean don't they already have enough distractions to deal with?

Thanks, again, to Mr. Holtsclaw(sp?) and I would like challenge everyone to send this selfless, dedicated individual (may I offer "Martyr for a quieter Houston"?) a personal "thank you" for doing his part to ensure motorcyclists, everywhere, will take pause before making a decision to purchase non-OEM exhaust for their motorcycles, thereby, returing peace and quiet to the streets of Houston.

Thank you,

Chris Lee
Closed Thread

Advertisement