MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2010, 11:31 PM   #381
k5freek

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2010 Raven R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAU-8 View Post
NO. he said dont put him on the spot where he would have to do something, that could get him in trouble for not doing anything because of where and when you do the wheelies.

again, any officer that is on MH here, will do the same thing in different areas. I dont see anyone at our "stunting" officers..(not that I want anyone to) but if you at officer H "letting it slide" here and there, about this, then you MUST to EVERY officer.

lemme guess, you only let the "cool officers" who let you get away with what you want slide, but and moan about those who dont let it slide where you want it too?

you can have one or the other. but you CANT have both.
I don't know if u were responding to me or the previous post. But I was just pointing out how he called out his fellow officer for "breaking the law" and setting a bad example for law enforcement because he has "loud" pipes. Yet he can condone breaking the law of doing wheelies as long as you don't "put him on the spot"...(I understand that.)

HE can have it one or the other ...BUT NOT BOTH!

If he is condoning breaking the law at all then he is just as guilty as his fellow officer he so humbly called out.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Holtsclaw Half-Fast General Discussion (Moto Related) 84 10-19-2011 11:50 AM
Holtsclaw? Enough Already NewRider Off Topic 11 11-02-2010 05:28 PM
Psycho girlfriend gsxrjai Off Topic 46 12-09-2009 01:52 PM
Psycho Test Lobo Off Topic 11 02-28-2006 10:37 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-07-2010, 12:12 AM   #382
pwned

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
07 gixxer 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20g86a View Post
Hello Liz, First of all boys and girls, my name is Holtsclaw...the correct City of Houston Ordinance is 30-3 and does not require a sound meter. Indian Mike received two citations from me last year, not eight, and he paid at least one of those in my presence as opposed to trying the case with a jury of his Houstonian peers.

I was not removed from the area of Westheimer and Hwy 6 but left the area because the supervisor I was working for at that time advocates and participates in the same obnoxious behavior that you boys and girls participate in, that is, operating loud and obnoxious motor vehicles that violate the Constitutional rights of others to a peaceful environment, both in their homes and in their automobiles.

I have been riding motorcycles off and on since I was 12 years of age...almost 40 years of motorcycle riding...some professionally, mostly for travel and commuting...sold my 30th motorcycle approximately a year ago...have stopped riding because of individuals, some of which are represented on this blog, are an embarrassment and are ruining the sport for those who have respect and care for the rights of others. I know that this is a foreign concept to the hedonist and relativist on this blog but your loud pipes don't save lives...if you are afraid to ride then park the thing..if you are truly concerned about your safety..put a DOT approved helmet on your head, a leather jacket on you back, gloves on your hands, boots on your feet.

Yes, I do believe in Jesus Christ..and yes, I have placed my faith in Him as my Lord and Savior. My relationship with my Creator is the most precious thing in life.

Yes, I do issue citations for loud motor vehicles, make arrests for driving while intoxicated, arrest for family violence, arrest for taking property that does not belong to you, arrest for harming and assaulting others, arrest for warrants...if these things define me as a "psycho cop" then so be it...in my 31st year as a Houston Cop...the greatest job in the world...if I am run off for diligence and attention to duty then so be it...but if you ride through my area with loud obnoxious pipes or loud music I will give you the attention you are clamoring for...your citation may be dismissed by a liberal judge or jury but my conscience is clear... I will do my very best to protect the rights of the citizens in my beat...you can take that to the bank LIZ.

HPD Officer R.D. Holtsclaw, Houston Police Department.
Hey Officer R.D. Holtsclaw, you. You should stop wasting time on noise and try and do your job no, dont give me the citation for liking attention but go arrest that thief over there or try n save someones life

i dont hate cops...actually on the way on becoming 1...
Old 05-07-2010, 12:57 AM   #383
GAU-8
official thread ender.

Trackdays: 1

I really want to get an officers opinion on this (or set my theory straight, if I am wrong.. just an hypothesis here)

correct, IF he rides a bike that has a LOUD exhaust, that he would normally ticket to another rider.. then yes, that isnt right.

Now I DONT think there is a law that makes it illegal if you see someone breaking the law and you do not enforce the law (????) does that make sense??

(but it could be against the law if you see a crime, but do not REPORT it. again a ????)

I dont think there is a law stating we must enforce the laws. if this where the case, then the state would basically be telling the civilians... "you do not wait for the cops, you make a citizens arrest".

but a citizens arrest is a tricky/complicated manuever, that can get you sued in a heartbeat (and killed) if improperly performed. the state does not want untrained civillians running after every little lawbreaker.

that is a good question..

so are there laws that say we must report illegal activity? and are there laws that saw we must enforce the laws? stupid questions but I could see lawyers having fun with this all day.
Old 05-07-2010, 01:24 AM   #384
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

this came from a simple traffic stop like a loud exhaust

http://www.odmp.org/officer/15034-de...yne-dinkheller

"Deputy Kyle Dinkheller, Laurens County, GA, was minutes from being off duty when he
encountered a speeding pickup truck going 98 mph. The deputy was an ICE (Interstate
Criminal Enforcement) officer that dealt with traffic infractions, speeding and the occasional drug bust. This was a low risk or unknown risk stop for speeding. He radioed in the speeding infraction, made a U-turn in the median and pursued the vehicle."

Godspeed Officer Dinkheller
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
Old 05-07-2010, 02:30 AM   #385
viper3ez
Hello, My Name Is Nuvie

Experience: 1-3 months

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to viper3ez Send a message via MSN to viper3ez Send a message via Yahoo to viper3ez Send a message via Skype™ to viper3ez
Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
this came from a simple traffic stop like a loud exhaust

http://www.odmp.org/officer/15034-de...yne-dinkheller

"Deputy Kyle Dinkheller, Laurens County, GA, was minutes from being off duty when he
encountered a speeding pickup truck going 98 mph. The deputy was an ICE (Interstate
Criminal Enforcement) officer that dealt with traffic infractions, speeding and the occasional drug bust. This was a low risk or unknown risk stop for speeding. He radioed in the speeding infraction, made a U-turn in the median and pursued the vehicle."

Godspeed Officer Dinkheller
you are fvcking retarded.

any stop can be that deadly so what is your point as it relates to exhausts?

loud exhaust stops leads to more criminals being caught or more crimes being solved?

i'm sure its just as easy to pull out a gun on a cop while you are in the open on a bike as it is to do the same while you are hidden inside a car.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:15 AM   #386
friedtofu

Send a message via AIM to friedtofu
I can tell someone is masquerading, or shall I say, "Impersonating," an officer. First off I highly doubt a real officer would spend all his time on the forum, secondly his going rate of being paid $55.20 per hour in court is completely false. I don't know where he derived that arbitrary figure from... They actually make around $20-$30 something per hour. I can't remember the actual figure off the top of my head.

For those questioning the veracity of my statement, I have two friends I grew up with that joined the Houston Police Department. I remember having a conversation about this a while back.

There is a traffic division which primarily focuses on moving violations and such, so bashing psycho cop about fighting crime would do no good. Not that it would matter anyways since it's not really him.

As for Dub, come on man I thought you were smarter than that. Don't feed the trolls!!
I truly think racer_x enjoys to argue just for the sake of his enjoyment. Just ignore him as his posts aren't very constructive. Replying back to his posts is exactly what he wants you to do.
Remember the saying? Never argue with a moron because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, or something like that.

I also agree with your position on loud pipes. Even though the amount of noise may seem trivial at high speeds as suggested by prior posts, it still increases your chances of being noticed. It's like saying no need to put your high beams on because it is daylight. Doing anything and everything in order to be noticed is surely better than not. I personally prefer the former than the latter. If you don't think so that is your right, I'm not going to push my views or beliefs onto anyone.

Now Dub lets go get some Guinness and call it a day.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:30 AM   #387
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

^^^ You might like to read the entire thread
Old 05-07-2010, 06:36 AM   #388
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
I can tell someone is masquerading, or shall I say, "Impersonating," an officer. First off I highly doubt a real officer would spend all his time on the forum, secondly his going rate of being paid $55.20 per hour in court is completely false. I don't know where he derived that arbitrary figure from... They actually make around $20-$30 something per hour. I can't remember the actual figure off the top of my head.
Are your friends 50-60 years old? Consider, Ot for $20-$30 is $30-45...so for $55.20, base of 36.8.

Loud pipes...comparing to headlights? It kills me that ya'll keep ignoring the directional aspect of this stuff.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:07 AM   #389
jheeziee110

Bike(s):
06 Cbr 1000
03 xr 50
Arctic Cat Mud pro 700
Legend Bass Boat
02 Xr 50

31 years as a Houston cop and still on patrol/traffic, he must have a few people off in the past. He should be retired/in a office with the other people that have been there 31 years
Old 05-07-2010, 08:28 AM   #390
Mr.D

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
ZZR 600
2007 GSXR 600
VFR 800
Honda Stunt 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by baditalian00 View Post
HEY MR. D

did you you order and exhaust with that new subframe?

HAHA! NOPE. STILL STRAIGHT PIPIN IT!!!
Old 05-07-2010, 08:39 AM   #391
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

I've concluded that this guy is an A/E, troll, what have you. No way he's a cop.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
Old 05-07-2010, 08:44 AM   #392
Mr.D

Bike(s):
ZZR 600
2007 GSXR 600
VFR 800
Honda Stunt 50

me or mr. rick?
Old 05-07-2010, 09:13 AM   #393
viper3ez
Hello, My Name Is Nuvie

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to viper3ez Send a message via MSN to viper3ez Send a message via Yahoo to viper3ez Send a message via Skype™ to viper3ez
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
Are your friends 50-60 years old? Consider, Ot for $20-$30 is $30-45...so for $55.20, base of 36.8.

Loud pipes...comparing to headlights? It kills me that ya'll keep ignoring the directional aspect of this stuff.
let me get this straight because i am not a scientist. so because the exhaust directs the sound backwards, it cannot be heard on the side of the bike?

so lets say your stock exhaust was 80db(thanks officer ) and you got an aftermarket exhaust thats 120db. because this aftermarket exhaust is pointing backwards are you insinuating that a motorist beside you on a local traffic packed road is going to hear only 80db from the side thereby making the louder exhaust pointless?

or did i get the direction argument wrong?
Old 05-07-2010, 09:14 AM   #394
viper3ez
Hello, My Name Is Nuvie

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by friedtofu View Post

For those questioning the veracity of my statement, I have two friends I grew up with that joined the Houston Police Department. I remember having a conversation about this a while back.

There is a traffic division which primarily focuses on moving violations and such, so bashing psycho cop about fighting crime would do no good. Not that it would matter anyways since it's not really him.

As for Dub, come on man I thought you were smarter than that. Don't feed the trolls!!
I truly think racer_x enjoys to argue just for the sake of his enjoyment. Just ignore him as his posts aren't very constructive. Replying back to his posts is exactly what he wants you to do.
Remember the saying? Never argue with a moron because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, or something like that.

I also agree with your position on loud pipes. Even though the amount of noise may seem trivial at high speeds as suggested by prior posts, it still increases your chances of being noticed. It's like saying no need to put your high beams on because it is daylight. Doing anything and everything in order to be noticed is surely better than not. I personally prefer the former than the latter. If you don't think so that is your right, I'm not going to push my views or beliefs onto anyone.

Now Dub lets go get some Guinness and call it a day.
, someone who also thinks. rare sighting on mh.

Old 05-07-2010, 09:19 AM   #395
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
me or mr. rick?
other dude

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
Old 05-07-2010, 09:25 AM   #396
GSXR_911
I'm awesome, mom said so

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2008 GSX-R750 Black/Black

Quote:
Thank ya GSXR 911, but if you wear the badge and ride a bike that violates the rights of others by means of excessive noise then shame on you...you, as a law enforcement officer, are supposed to be above this childishness and represent what is right, what is decent and a protector of the community you represent. When you ride loud you insult our oath of office, our Department and the citizens you swore to protect. HPD certainly does need to do some house cleaning in this area, both officers and supervisors. Rick HPD
Ok that helped push me over the fence, you lost my respect as a person and as an officer (not saying I won't back you up if need out there). But its arrogant officers like yourself that makes my job that much harder. Your arrogance is proved by these insults you just randomly throw out there without even knowing who you're even talking to, it is unreal. Maybe you're from that old school policing that this generation of officers is having such a hard time getting the respect and running into the hostility towards law enforcement on near every call. And aren't you the kettle calling the pot black, saying how you think doing wheelies is cool and amazing and as lone as no other citizens are around to put you on the spot, who's violating their oath now? Last I checked reckless driving was a much higher crime than a city ordinance. You don't know me, you know nothing about me. I haven't called your "professionalism" into question so don't question mine. You put your pants on one leg at time in the morning just like everyone else does. It sounds to me like your one of those officers that the job defines who you are, and you feel without it your nothing, its just a job. When I take off my uniform I am a citizen of my community, and subject to the laws and punishments if broken, JUST LIKE YOU. And according to your statement if you've gone 5mph over the speed limit then you are just as guilty and in the same boat as me, if you wear the badge and you drive over the posted speed limit then shame on you...you, as a law enforcement officer, are supposed to be above this childishness and represent what is right, what is decent and a protector of the community you represent. When you speed you insult our oath of office, our Department and the citizens you swore to protect. Shame on you Officer Holtsclaw, shame on you. I'm not arguing your duties as an officer, just your professionalism, or there lack of.
Happy hunting
Old 05-07-2010, 09:28 AM   #397
ddgtomahawk
Write my name! \/

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2016 R1
2001 Honda CBR929 RE
2005 Honda CBR600RR
2007 R6S

yeah

Come here you little cake eating sieg heil .
Old 05-07-2010, 09:32 AM   #398
Mr.D

Bike(s):
ZZR 600
2007 GSXR 600
VFR 800
Honda Stunt 50

last thing we need are badge carriers to be bickering amongst ourselves.

we know that there are some people who will blue form an FSGI just because they are lazy. Some people will make complainants bounce from one jurisdiction to the other just to avoid a report.

I am saying we all do the same job differently but at the end of the day, we are all we got. its obvious we arent popular with the general public. If we dont stick up for each other then who the will?

(Why else do we pay so much money to the union? haha)
Old 05-07-2010, 09:38 AM   #399
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

Quote:
I happen-chanced upon the original post to this thread via google
Youre an egotist and you were googling your own name. Sad.

Im not going to throw out an FTP because I have been treating VERY respectfully by many officers in the past (even in cases when perhaps I shouldnt have been), but you, holtsclaw, are a disgrace.

Khaki shirt.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:38 AM   #400
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
last thing we need are badge carriers to be bickering amongst ourselves.
The last thing I need is someone rear-ending my
Closed Thread

Advertisement