MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2010, 03:50 PM   #361
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL
2013 Triumph Trophy SE (sold)
2009 Harley-Davidson Road Glide(sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1300T (sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1100 (sold)

Send a message via Yahoo to honorsdaddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewrx View Post
wow! There are so many things we need police for it sucks some are wasting time with this.
Really? Name one.

Bear in mind you said "need", not "find it more convenient to have"....
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Holtsclaw Half-Fast General Discussion (Moto Related) 84 10-19-2011 11:50 AM
Holtsclaw? Enough Already NewRider Off Topic 11 11-02-2010 05:28 PM
Psycho girlfriend gsxrjai Off Topic 46 12-09-2009 01:52 PM
Psycho Test Lobo Off Topic 11 02-28-2006 10:37 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-06-2010, 03:54 PM   #362
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAU-8 View Post
the issue is that "we" gave him the condescending attitude first.
I did not.

My first response to him was to clarify that one has no right to expect peace and quiet on a city street.

Now, I don't give a flying WHAT he caught from anyone else prior to that but in his dealings with me, he had no reason to be discourteous. No, I don't care if he had a stressful day. No, I don't care if he had to deal with other difficult people on the forum. No, I really don't care if he hasn't gotten laid in a month. None of those things justify being rude to ME for pointing out a simple fact.

Refusal to humble myself before a cop simply because he wears a badge does not mean I am being rude.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:57 PM   #363
GAU-8
official thread ender.

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

lol....

it IS kinda like having mods , but in the "not quite as fun really reall-y" world :P
Old 05-06-2010, 03:58 PM   #364
PB125

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki GSXR 750
2002 Suzuki SV650

as long as I am able I will stand against the onslaught of noise pollution in my City. Rick HPD

Seriously, Rick. Your focus or war on "loud-pipes" as your mission in life is quite frankly, wierd. Yes. It's the law. But, you've made this personal and as a Police Officer, that's just wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bueller View Post
they say you drive like a mad man
Old 05-06-2010, 04:11 PM   #365
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB125 View Post
as long as I am able I will stand against the onslaught of noise pollution in my City. Rick HPD

Seriously, Rick. Your focus or war on "loud-pipes" as your mission in life is quite frankly, wierd. Yes. It's the law. But, you've made this personal and as a Police Officer, that's just wrong.
And that, right there, sums up the problem most of us have with him.

He was not hired as a noise abatement officer, but as a cop.
Old 05-06-2010, 04:22 PM   #366
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20g86a View Post
Hello Mr. D, Thanks, but don't worry about this mantra these undisciplined little boys are spewing out...I would not have entered into this filthy territory if I did not expect to get a little filth on me. I happen-chanced upon the original post to this thread via google and thought it would be entertaining and informative to recon my adversaries...I have learned much and I am better prepared for duty tomorrow. It's been a great experience and really passed the time for me...not much to do on these days off...again, thank you..believe me..I know this crowd all too well and expected to be assaulted with vulgarity and hatred...this is simply symptomatic of a generation of young men and women who have been raised in an undisciplined and relativistic society. Thank you Mr. D, R Holtsclaw HPD
You, sir, are a disgrace to your badge, an insult to your fellow officers and a blight upon the City of Houston.

I think you've been on the job too long, and have started to listen to the voices in your head. Perhaps retirement is something you should consider?
Old 05-06-2010, 04:28 PM   #367
GAU-8
official thread ender.

I think that O.Rick here, is in a lot of y'alls targets because quite simplly.... you found something to pick apart, and want it ground down.

you can get ANY officer that is here on MH...and I assure you, you will find the exact same but in different areas.

any officer is going to have "that one pet peeve" or the one thing to "make better".

i

Last edited by GAU-8; 05-06-2010 at 04:31 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 04:35 PM   #368
kdog22
Wheelie it son..

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto
1988 Honda ZB50 - For Sale

Member Garage

Quote:
Hello Mr. D, Thanks, but don't worry about this mantra these undisciplined little boys are spewing out...I would not have entered into this filthy territory if I did not expect to get a little filth on me. I happen-chanced upon the original post to this thread via google and thought it would be entertaining and informative to recon my adversaries...I have learned much and I am better prepared for duty tomorrow. It's been a great experience and really passed the time for me...not much to do on these days off...again, thank you..believe me..I know this crowd all too well and expected to be assaulted with vulgarity and hatred...this is simply symptomatic of a generation of young men and women who have been raised in an undisciplined and relativistic society. Thank you Mr. D, R Holtsclaw HPD

I am going to get infront of you on the freeway, pull down my pants, ride a wheelie and take a on your windshield with no gear, doing 20 over the speed limit and beer in hand.

I will do this not because your a police officer, but becuase you are a douche king. You have poor judgement, seems like you have a horrible habit of profiling and discriminating and have a power trip on top of that. It's people like you that give officers a bad name. Much like there are stupid riders out there who give sportbike riders a bad name.

Have a nice day
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Muhammad.........Nostradamus..........Kdog
The cycle continues.
Old 05-06-2010, 04:40 PM   #369
Cap'n Stab'n
GET IN MY VAN!!!!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
Honda VTX 1300C
1984 Yamaha 750 Seca (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog22 View Post
I am going to get infront of you on the freeway, pull down my pants, ride a wheelie and take a on your windshield with no gear, doing 20 over the speed limit and beer in hand.

I will do this not because your a police officer, but becuase you are a douche king. You have poor judgement, seems like you have a horrible habit of profiling and discriminating and have a power trip on top of that. It's people like you that give officers a bad name. Much like there are stupid riders out there who give sportbike riders a bad name.

Have a nice day

Cap'n, i'd like to give you the honorary position of V.P. of this epic Redhead thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by triumphant675r View Post
I feel like someone just hate- my brain.
Old 05-06-2010, 04:45 PM   #370
GAU-8
official thread ender.

Quote:
Much like there are stupid riders out there who give sportbike riders a bad name.

+1! see like that all the time.. just a little while ago, i ran into this post

Quote:

juss kidden!

Old 05-06-2010, 06:04 PM   #371
Chris24
Thread Savior

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris24 View Post
what do you think guys? is Holstclaw...the new gixxerbill???
Quote:
Since everyone of you have been wrong and incorrect from the time you began your futile defense of hedonism, can you at least get my name correctly...it's HOLTSCLAW. Never mind...I will print it for you...just sign by the X please....and it's not a plea of guilty, just your promise to appear in court at the time, date and location designated at the top of the citation. Thank you, have a nice day!

9) Violation of City Ordinance 30-3 "Noisy Vehicles Generally" To-Wit: Noisy Exhaust
what? your gonna write me a ticket for spelling your name wrong? on the internet? go ahead officer coleslaw. i dont care. actually, i doubt you will ever pull me over, since i do not have an obnoxious exhust or sound system.

you dont know who gixxerbill is, but for what its worth, i think you and he are alot alike, and i kind of liked the guy most of the time. at the end of the day, i think you are probably an allright, dude. you just need to relax.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:12 PM   #372
icecreaman

Feedback Rating: (20)

Bike(s):
08 ZX14
2011 ZX-6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWFII View Post
My point is, you have multiple senses that you utilize to discern things. Visual and audio cues are two of those. If the visual cue is not working -- because someone is too lazy to look -- hopefully, the audible cue kicks in to remind them something strange it next to them.
BINGO !!!
Old 05-06-2010, 07:05 PM   #373
PB125

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki GSXR 750
2002 Suzuki SV650

Quote:
but if you wear the badge and ride a bike that violates the rights of others by means of excessive noise then shame on you...you, as a law enforcement officer, are supposed to be above this childishness and represent what is right, what is decent and a protector of the community you represent. When you ride loud you insult our oath of office, our Department and the citizens you swore to protect. HPD certainly does need to do some house cleaning in this area, both officers and supervisors. Rick HPD
This guy CANNOT be serious! I doubt he has 31 years of experience. He sounds like a total rookie just out of the academy. I think he read this in the Police Academy brochure somewhere.

Rick,
Are you seriously this retarded. What you're saying is that as a "law enforcement officer", you are absolutely flawless. Flawless by saying you in no way under any circumstances break the law....any law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bueller View Post
they say you drive like a mad man
Old 05-06-2010, 08:23 PM   #374
burnboy
upliftmofopartyplan

Bike(s):
2011 kawi z 1000

he probably drinks and drives. remember rick, no grey area
Old 05-06-2010, 08:55 PM   #375
jnappier
jnappier

Bike(s):
2006 Harley V-ROD
2005 Honda ST1300
2008 Yamaha TT-R 230

Psalm 98:4 Make a joyful noise unto the lord. My bike sounds like this.

Old 05-06-2010, 08:56 PM   #376
k5freek

Bike(s):
2010 Raven R1

Quote:
Thank ya GSXR 911, but if you wear the badge and ride a bike that violates the rights of others by means of excessive noise then shame on you...you, as a law enforcement officer, are supposed to be above this childishness and represent what is right, what is decent and a protector of the community you represent. When you ride loud you insult our oath of office, our Department and the citizens you swore to protect. HPD certainly does need to do some house cleaning in this area, both officers and supervisors. Rick HPD
Pot calling the kettle black!

A few pages back you said you don't have a problem with wheelies. So some laws are ok to break then....Seems kinda HEDONISTIC and ARROGANT to me.

I was on the fence too about this officer. On some responses he seems pretty cool. But when he prejudges people and starts being rude or say we are all going to or jail because we may or may not have a "loud exhaust" I completely lose all respect....

On a side note, if anyone here does happen to get a ticket from him, just present a copy of this transcript to their local "liberal" judge. I sure they would happily dismiss it in a heart beat.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:58 PM   #377
brisingr23
This place has the Gheyz!

Experience: 2 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWFII View Post
Loud pipes saves lives...

It allows people in cars -- that are not paying attention -- to know something is next to them.
if loud pipes saved lives people blasting their radios would hear you. guess what they don't. people will aways come over on bikers because they simply don't look for us or care to.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:46 PM   #378
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by k5freek View Post

A few pages back you said you don't have a problem with wheelies. So some laws are ok to break then....Seems kinda HEDONISTIC and ARROGANT to me.

I was on the fence too about this officer. On some responses he seems pretty cool. But when he prejudges people and starts being rude or say we are all going to or jail because we may or may not have a "loud exhaust" I completely lose all respect....

On a side note, if anyone here does happen to get a ticket from him, just present a copy of this transcript to their local "liberal" judge. I sure they would happily dismiss it in a heart beat.
I think you kinda of missed what he said...go read it again.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:05 PM   #379
GAU-8
official thread ender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k5freek View Post

NO. he said dont put him on the spot where he would have to do something, that could get him in trouble for not doing anything because of where and when you do the wheelies.

again, any officer that is on MH here, will do the same thing in different areas. I dont see anyone at our "stunting" officers..(not that I want anyone to) but if you at officer H "letting it slide" here and there, about this, then you MUST to EVERY officer.

lemme guess, you only let the "cool officers" who let you get away with what you want slide, but and moan about those who dont let it slide where you want it too?

you can have one or the other. but you CANT have both.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:12 PM   #380
k5freek

Bike(s):
2010 Raven R1

Exactly, Thats the way I read it.

Wheelies are a 1000 times more dangerous than having a loud exhaust. I've never seen someone die from a loud exhaust.
Closed Thread

Advertisement