MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2010, 12:36 PM   #341
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL
2013 Triumph Trophy SE (sold)
2009 Harley-Davidson Road Glide(sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1300T (sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1100 (sold)

Send a message via Yahoo to honorsdaddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20g86a View Post
Hello Class, the following will be on the final so pay very strict attention:
Arrogant little arent you?
Quote:
We have established the following in our discussion,

I consider most of you a bunch of self-righteous hedonist
And it shows in your every word - which of course prejudices your treatment of us when we come in contact.
Quote:
and you consider me to be a Psycho-cop, a bad cop, and as one contributor said...deserving to be shot, but....
No, I consider you an . I never said you deserved to be shot either. Go back and actually read the comment I made.
Quote:
First, most of the contributors to this board are self-absorbed hedonist
who are rather vulgar, think only of themselves, rude, and are a poor neighbor and citizen in general as a result of said behavior.
So in your participation on a thread in which we are expressing our frustration with your personal interpretation and selective enforcement of an ordinance we believe you do not properly understand, you have concluded all of these things about the majority of this board?

Wow....talk about snap judgments....

Just a thought, but perhaps if you stopped looking down your nose at the very people whom you serve, you might have a different attitude.
Quote:
Second, most of the contributors to this board despise a police officer who actually does what he swore to do...enforce the law and protect the Constitutional rights of all persons.
Not true at ALL. Personally, I have quite a lot of respect for cops who actually do their job and respect the public. I have no respect or tolerance for those who think the badge somehow makes them superior. I believe most of the people on this board are of about the same mentality.
Quote:
These contributors want the law enforced, just don't enforce the laws they disagree with...i.e. selectively selfish enforcement.
I wonder if you even see the irony in that statement - and the rank hypocrisy.
Quote:
Third, we have established that the base line dba for a street motorcycle is 80 and though that 80db is a manufacturing requirement said 80 db does provide a baseline for the "reasonable person standard" as set forth in Aguilar v. Texas (2008) and is relevant to City of Houston Ordinance 30-3 and Texas Transportation Code 547.604. We have also established the fact that the 80db, according to the Environmental Protection Agency, is the MINIMUM level of protection for the citizenry.
Incorrect. We have established that the 80dbA standard is for manufacturers and applies at time of sale, must be maintained for ~2700 miles and must be measured in a very specific manner according to statute.
Quote:
Fourth, Legal precedent, as set forth in Aguilar v. Texas (2008), does effectively nullify the "subjective" argument relevant to the proactive enforcement of City Ordinance 30-3 and Texas Transportation Code 547.604; therefore, these laws are not void for vagueness and are valid and enforceable.
Wrong again. Aguilar ultimately had defective equipment. The law, as stated in the case itself, recognizes that the muffler must be in good working order.

Many of us have mufflers in perfect working order with intact baffles - myself included. Your personal subjective opinion is that they are excessively loud even though in many cases our mufflers meet 49-state and in some cases, 50-state EPA standards.
Quote:
Fifth, since 80db is the minimum level of protection as established by the EPA, it is prima facia that if you hedonist personalities remove your 80db OEM equipment and replace it with an inferior and loud after-market piece of junk (at great expense) you are, without further testimony, violating the safety, welfare and Constitutional rights of the motoring public and the citizenry in general and are therefore guilty of not only being an inconsiderate cretin but are guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by a fine and/or incarceration.
As the standard applies solely to manufacturers at the time of delivery, is only expected to be maintained for a short period of time post-delivery, and there are numerous replacement mufflers which meet EPA standards which exceed your misunderstood 80db limit, it would stand to reason that your conclusion is flawed.

Oh - for the record, you do not get to make judgments on who is guilty of what. You are tasked explicitly with enforcing the law to the best of your ability - NOT assigning guilt.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Holtsclaw Half-Fast General Discussion (Moto Related) 84 10-19-2011 11:50 AM
Holtsclaw? Enough Already NewRider Off Topic 11 11-02-2010 05:28 PM
Psycho girlfriend gsxrjai Off Topic 46 12-09-2009 01:52 PM
Psycho Test Lobo Off Topic 11 02-28-2006 10:37 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-06-2010, 12:51 PM   #342
burnboy
upliftmofopartyplan

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2011 kawi z 1000

think for yourself, question authority. live my life by it. i do and always will. like i said before, dont try and put your morals or your dogma on me. you can write the tickets but never will you or any preacher convince me that you know better. because it is law does not mean it is right or wrong. just that a bunch of peers voted and now its law. so what. think for yourself, question authority. it's just too bad that you consciously will not be able to tell when you're dead so as to consciously know that you just might have it all wrong. so live YOUR life for now. just like everyone else, YOUR only right in this world is YOUR death. rights do not exist as this big grey area that government and religion have created for the masses, exists. or human rights in general would come first. look around the world, they do not. look around america, they do not. so live your dream to the fullest because one day we will all take our last breath. that last breath will be mine and mine alone. see, the law is not part of the solution. it is the problem. like i said we would never see eye to eye.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:51 PM   #343
Mr.D

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
ZZR 600
2007 GSXR 600
VFR 800
Honda Stunt 50

this tread needs to be shut down.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:00 PM   #344
Redux

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
grasshopper

Quote:
Maybe your sound meter there can help you, big boy.
Maybe it can.

Let me guess you're one of those cops that insert the word "authority" into the first sentence when they engage in a conversation with you. It makes me
Old 05-06-2010, 01:17 PM   #345
DrAwkwArD
Banned

Trackdays: 9

User is banned

Old 05-06-2010, 01:18 PM   #346
DrAwkwArD
Banned

Trackdays: 9

User is banned

Old 05-06-2010, 01:20 PM   #347
Mr.D

Bike(s):
ZZR 600
2007 GSXR 600
VFR 800
Honda Stunt 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAwkwArD View Post
Why?

Honestly, I feel as though this is a thread of pent up frustrations at local agencies unleashed on a man who happens to represent himself and the agency he works for. newflash!

I WORK FOR HPD ALSO.

I am not preaching penal code, but the same oath he took, I raised my right hand and swore to as well.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:26 PM   #348
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL

Quote:
Mystery, how is it that someone so incorrect yet so thorough can be so ignorant and rude...
I'm not really certain. I've been thinking the very same thing. Perhaps you could explain to all of us how and why you do it?
Old 05-06-2010, 01:30 PM   #349
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post

Honestly, I feel as though this is a thread of pent up frustrations at local agencies unleashed on a man who happens to represent himself and the agency he works for. newflash!
Therein lies the problem. He is professing that his interpretation of the law is the only correct one, when his explicit duty is not to interpret it or make judgments of someone's innocence or guilt.

When a public servant is no longer willing to listen to the public he serves, it is time for said servant to go find a new job.
Quote:
I WORK FOR HPD ALSO.
So? You're not sitting here playing the child of Judge Dredd and Eric Cartman...
Quote:
I am not preaching penal code, but the same oath he took, I raised my right hand and swore to as well.
Again - so what? You're not the same kind of blue sphincter Mr. Holtsclaw is, so you have no reason to be offended.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:32 PM   #350
viper3ez
Hello, My Name Is Nuvie

Experience: 1-3 months

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to viper3ez Send a message via MSN to viper3ez Send a message via Yahoo to viper3ez Send a message via Skype™ to viper3ez
Quote:

I WORK FOR HPD ALSO.

sorry MR Durosola

all he represents is his dislike for aftermarket exhausts and subsequent selective enforcement of houston traffic laws to suit his personal likes/dislikes.

abuse of power much?

except there is a loud exhaust task force in which he is the only member, he is abusing the power of his badge by not giving equal attention to all traffic violations in all type of vehicles but instead focusing on one type of vehicle for one type of violation
Old 05-06-2010, 02:10 PM   #351
Intermission
Pure Awesome

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2009 Kawasaki zx-6r
SOLD:2007 Kawasaki zx-6r
SOLD:1999 YZ-125
SOLD:2004 Can-o-Tuna

Member Garage

This thread is beat to death. He's gonna keep doing what he does, we are going to keep doing what we do. Just like a political argument nobody's opinion is going to change.
Old 05-06-2010, 02:18 PM   #352
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intermission View Post
This thread is beat to death. He's gonna keep doing what he does, we are going to keep doing what we do. Just like a political argument nobody's opinion is going to change.
Those who are participating in the discussion may never change their opinion, but we'll never know how many have taken a second look at their opinions and not said anything...
Old 05-06-2010, 02:26 PM   #353
BRYAN
Big and Cranky...

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
A Trackbike
Another Trackbike
A Motard

HEY MR. D

did you you order and exhaust with that new subframe?

Old 05-06-2010, 02:34 PM   #354
GSXR_911
I'm awesome, mom said so

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2008 GSX-R750 Black/Black

My mind has changed all back and forth from the beginning to the end about 20g86a. As a fellow officer I understand that if there is a law there to be enforced then there will be and officer who will do just that. for $55+ an hour for going to court I'd write a of a lot more tickets, and maybe I'd have got my Yoshimura exhaust a lot sooner However, where I tend to disagree with 20g86a is when you resort to the blank accusations and generalizations about people on this site and bikers in general. How for the most part they(we) are all degenerates just cause they have a loud pipe (granted mine isnt all that loud). Either way if you guys don't agree with the city ordinance then petition to get it changed, don't ride in Houston, or follow the law. I'm still on the fence about ya 20g86a, you seem like an alright guy, its just when you make the personal attacks on someone that I lose a little respect for ya. Stay safe out on the streets
Old 05-06-2010, 02:54 PM   #355
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXR_911 View Post
My mind has changed all back and forth from the beginning to the end about 20g86a. As a fellow officer I understand that if there is a law there to be enforced then there will be and officer who will do just that. for $55+ an hour for going to court I'd write a of a lot more tickets, and maybe I'd have got my Yoshimura exhaust a lot sooner However, where I tend to disagree with 20g86a is when you resort to the blank accusations and generalizations about people on this site and bikers in general. How for the most part they(we) are all degenerates just cause they have a loud pipe (granted mine isnt all that loud). Either way if you guys don't agree with the city ordinance then petition to get it changed, don't ride in Houston, or follow the law. I'm still on the fence about ya 20g86a, you seem like an alright guy, its just when you make the personal attacks on someone that I lose a little respect for ya. Stay safe out on the streets
Once he made the personal attacks I lost what little respect I had left.

I want him OFF the streets. A man with that mentality has no business wearing a badge.

Once you start assuming someone you don't even know is a degenerate criminal based upon his disagreement with your personal subjective interpretation of a minor regulation, you have lost any and all objectivity and are no longer fit to enforce the law.

Last edited by honorsdaddy; 05-06-2010 at 02:57 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:01 PM   #356
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux View Post
What bothers me the most is his mixing of the words "boy" and "bro"
yep. speaks volumes to the condescending attitude of most (certainly not all) police officers who widely believe that they're superior to the "common citizen."

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
Old 05-06-2010, 03:19 PM   #357
thewrx

Member Garage

wow! There are so many things we need police for it sucks some are wasting time with this.

Old 05-06-2010, 03:22 PM   #358
GAU-8
official thread ender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper3ez View Post
not giving equal attention to all traffic violations in all type of vehicles but instead focusing on one type of vehicle for one type of violation

just because he focuses on something doesnt mean he isnt paying attention to anything else. it just means its getting his attention quicker.

a /loud exhaust gets peoples attention. QUICKLY, and not positively.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:22 PM   #359
MadseasoN

Trackdays: 10+

I don't think it's him.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:33 PM   #360
GAU-8
official thread ender.

the issue is that "we" gave him the condescending attitude first.

even before he got here YOUR minds were allready made up about him.

didnt even give him benefit of the doubt. nobody even tried to politely have a decent discussion with him.

nope right off the bat attacked his religious beliefs, him being a cop, and other stupid . before he even got here.

but he cant make fun of stuff his way? cops arent super humans. just HUMAN. if you want something close to "perfect cops" who do everything by the book with very little room for error (and with good reason)

north korea... you will get all of the "equal policing" you want.

s
Closed Thread

Advertisement