Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2010, 05:34 PM   #301
Hail
Middle Aged Crazy Member

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 Triumph Speed Triple R
2012 DR-Z 400S

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAU-8 View Post
well

I guess I will be the first..

WELCOME TO MOTOHOUSTON 20g86a!

we welcome you to the warm waters of E-drama, E-thuggin' and mostly where riders feel that the law doesnt specifically apply to them, but is expressly enforceable to "other riders"

except RACER-X : like "the dude"....he abides

and AZYLUM/SIFU (same person really..just two personalities in one shell..but one carries a pack, in the front, and a sniper rifle): not allowed to e-drama him/them..whatever.. he/he/she? are the "adopted" mascots of MH , not officially recognized to have any real "power" but we allow him/them to have that mindset. it just works out best for all of us.

We do have gnomes.... and they are RAMPANT through our electronic domicile here. some even wear berets (sp?) and have a pinky in thier pursed lips all the time.

BEWARE of ......

and for the record ..SHHHH! dont tell em your a cop! if they find out , they will pester you for the most assanine questions like "IF I mace my pet iguana, past 14 A.M.... can I still use it as a "laxative delivering " in my girlfriends sancho? I mean "theoretically" speaking

Enjoy your stay!
Well I think I was the first to welcome him though not quite as humorous a manner as you!
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Holtsclaw Half-Fast General Discussion (Moto Related) 84 10-19-2011 11:50 AM
Holtsclaw? Enough Already NewRider Off Topic 11 11-02-2010 05:28 PM
Psycho girlfriend gsxrjai Off Topic 46 12-09-2009 01:52 PM
Psycho Test Lobo Off Topic 11 02-28-2006 10:37 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-05-2010, 05:35 PM   #302
WWFII

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
K8 Hayabusa (STOLEN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20g86a View Post
If your girlfriend or wife was in the process of being sexually assaulted, your son or daughter was home alone and heard the gang bangers down the street kicking at the back door, your loved one was strung out on crack and holding a gun to his head or the head of a family member...would you not want me there as quickly as possible? Emergency equipment is a NECESSARY evil..it's not something I use frequently but very sporadically and with responsibility.
It appears to me that you would not be able to assist in this situation because your preference for pulling someone over for noise-abatement is paramount. So, when the call goes out, you are already busy dealing with a non-lethal situation.

I also find the irony in the fact that you will not admit that the reason you have sirens IS BECAUSE they ARE LOUD and OBNOXIOUS. You overlook the fact that loud exhausts can save lives -- by the same token. Of course, it is apparent that you have a disgust for motorcyclists and you could care less about their safety.

I do appreciate your candid honesty on this forum. My stance has not changed, however. With the crime statistics I saw on the HPD forum about the district you patrol, I would think you could be used more effectively in controlling crime if you did not spend the 40 minutes per stop to write someone a citation for noise-abatement issues. You could have made one more pass through a neighborhood that might have prevented a more severe crime from taking place.

Who knows, perhaps the area your patrol would rather you assist in the noise-abatement, rather than curtail more severe crimes.

I would still like to see a number of arrests that you have made during the month of February in which the individual was cited for noise-abatement on a motorcycle, and the individual had committed one of the severe crimes listed in the statistics I posted.

Also, could you please state when police officers were granted the authority to walk into a private parking-lot and begin issuing citations for stationary vehicles for noise-abatement?

Last edited by WWFII; 05-05-2010 at 05:37 PM.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:43 PM   #303
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
I also find the irony in the fact that you will not admit that the reason you have sirens IS BECAUSE they ARE LOUD and OBNOXIOUS. You overlook the fact that loud exhausts can save lives -- by the same token. Of course, it is apparent that you have a disgust for motorcyclists and you could care less about their safety.
<sigh> Can you quote a source in which demonstrates that noise level proved more effective than skill/observation?

Those 'loud' and 'obnoxious' sirens you refer to, don't appear to be all the effective for the police, fire engines and ambulances as you imply.

but while we consider that, we must also consider that the 'sound' they make is not only 'loud' but 'different' and is intermittent as opposed to the steady and constant sound made by a vehicle exhaust, the siren uses the same concept as the horn. Car alarms are loud and obnoxious too...and we can see how much attention is paid to them now, as they were years ago.

This of course also ignores direction... an exhaust point to the REAR, by the time there's any real benefit of the noise of the exhaust (beyond an alarm clock) to the vehicles in the area, you're passed most of the potential threat.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:13 PM   #304
GAU-8
official thread ender.

Quote:
....come on out to deep 20 dist with me and help me get all the bikers pulled over bro!!!

aaahhhhhhhhhh no. dont do that.

just come ride instead.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:16 PM   #305
bueller
future lotto winner

Bike(s):
04 buell xb12s (gone)
spankin new buell 1125r

Hey mr officer maybe you should stop surfing the internet in your squad car and start pulling people over
Old 05-05-2010, 06:18 PM   #306
Intermission
Pure Awesome

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2009 Kawasaki zx-6r
SOLD:2007 Kawasaki zx-6r
SOLD:1999 YZ-125
SOLD:2004 Can-o-Tuna

Member Garage

Quote:
The Legal Opinion will not fit in the space remaining...here is the cite and I will attempt to copy it into a new thread...
MEMORANDUM OPINION

No. 04-07-00537-CR

Aaron C. AGUILAR,
Appellant

v.

The STATE of Texas,
Appellee

From the County Court at Law No. 9, Bexar County, Texas
Trial Court No. 996010
Honorable Laura Salinas, Judge Presiding

Opinion by: Catherine Stone, Justice
http://www.4thcoa.courts.state.tx.us...pinionID=20953
Old 05-05-2010, 06:49 PM   #307
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

Quote:
"rap the daddy's baby and shoot the mama's dog"
Say what?
Old 05-05-2010, 06:49 PM   #308
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Hey mr officer maybe you should stop surfing the internet in your squad car and start pulling people over
Maybe you should read the darn thread before mouthing off?
'Rick', is off-duty today.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:15 PM   #309
bueller
future lotto winner

Bike(s):
04 buell xb12s (gone)
spankin new buell 1125r

Quit kissing , has he been off duty all 10 pages
Old 05-05-2010, 07:41 PM   #310
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bueller View Post
Quit kissing , has he been off duty all 10 pages
Did your parents have any children the SURVIVED childbirth?
Let me get some crayons...

'Rick is off duty today'

If you pay attention you'll note that 'Rick' first posted at/after 1600 yesterday.

So...do you understand or have you gotten confused already squidlet?

it's not kissing btw, it's idiot fatigue. 5 seconds, and 1/4 a brain cell could have saved you and the rest of
us from your stupid comment and question.

Last edited by Ulric; 05-05-2010 at 07:45 PM.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:05 PM   #311
bueller
future lotto winner

Bike(s):
04 buell xb12s (gone)
spankin new buell 1125r

Maybe you should tell your daddy to get a life and not spend a perfectly good day off on the inrenet the whole day.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:31 PM   #312
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Maybe you should tell your daddy to get a life and not spend a perfectly good day off on the inrenet the whole day.
Seriously, that's the best you can come up with? Do you curtsey when you meet people too?
Old 05-05-2010, 08:32 PM   #313
The Trav
slowpoke

Experience: 6 years

I will not allow myself the weakness to lay aside responsibility of my actions to a higher power and write that weakness off as destiny. Vigilance, intelligence and discipline keep us alive out there.
-kib
Rest In Peace Chris Owens aka faster321, you will be missed...
Old 05-05-2010, 09:04 PM   #314
zombiejesus
braaaaiiiiinssss

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Quote:
That's the latest from Poot Daddy and Bang-a-Dang,,the eastside boys..where ya been son...not up on the latest rap[e] music? Here I am at 53 and know more about modern music than you young studs...what's up with that? Rick HPD
Old 05-05-2010, 09:07 PM   #315
The Trav
slowpoke

Experience: 6 years

Quote:
That's the latest from Poot Daddy and Bang-a-Dang,,the eastside boys..where ya been son...not up on the latest rap[e] music? Here I am at 53 and know more about modern music than you young studs...what's up with that? Rick HPD
you have definitely, without a doubt, caught a case of teh gheys.
I will not allow myself the weakness to lay aside responsibility of my actions to a higher power and write that weakness off as destiny. Vigilance, intelligence and discipline keep us alive out there.
-kib
Rest In Peace Chris Owens aka faster321, you will be missed...
Old 05-05-2010, 09:10 PM   #316
bueller
future lotto winner

Bike(s):
04 buell xb12s (gone)
spankin new buell 1125r

Sorry I get into dissing matches on the internet. I mean come on how cool is that.

Let me see
Went to work
Mowed the lawn
Fed the chickens
Milked the cows
off at least one person on the internet

I do believe my day is done
Peace out people and keep the rubber side down

Last edited by bueller; 05-05-2010 at 09:12 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:51 AM   #317
mammothmc

To quote the officer

"Well let's see...that parking lot is a public area yes, and let's say you have your stereo doing its little "rap the daddy's baby and shoot the mama's dog" music that is emanating from that vehicle over 50 ft...look at the following ordinance and tell me if I have probable cause to cite in that private parking lot???? Read carefully class...

Sec. 30-4. Amplified sound."

Yeah, you could enter that parking lot because the noise leaving it gave you PC. That seems a little different that taxing a parked motorcycle.

Actually I'll 1 up that. I'm older & wiser now, but as a dumbass in college.......

I was ticketed in 1 stop for:
No helmet
No insurance
No inspection
No registration
Speeding
Using a motor vehicle in a manner other than designed (I'm not makin it up)
Both my passengers go no helmet tickets as well.......

Almost got evading because the cop that stopped me was on a mountain bike & I couldn't help but gas it couple times to see him pedal faster

I had a girl in my lap facing me & another girl on back. We were all drunk to boot. My saving grace........you guessed it........I was in a parking lot
Old 05-06-2010, 12:56 AM   #318
mammothmc

The guys in Arizona are because they think they could be stopped for "being brown' (not true, but that's what the national protests claim anyway)

This is the kind of law enforcement they should be protesting if they were smart (they're not)

No identifiable standard, no burden of proof, & no defense against the officers word. Scary stuff & I'm as conservative as they come.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:58 AM   #319
Chris24
Thread Savior

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
Quote:
You and Friedrich Nietzsche ought to be ashamed of yourselves...but you can discuss that in eternity cause you two will be spending it together. Rick HPD
what do you think guys? is Holstclaw...the new gixxerbill???
Old 05-06-2010, 06:10 AM   #320
WWFII

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
K8 Hayabusa (STOLEN)

Quote:
Well let's see...that parking lot is a public area yes, and let's say you have your stereo doing its little "rap the daddy's baby and shoot the mama's dog" music that is emanating from that vehicle over 50 ft...look at the following ordinance and tell me if I have probable cause to cite in that private parking lot???? Read carefully class...
Please, read carefully. My comment is regarding a PARKED motorcycle on a private parking-lot. Back in the day, a mall parking-lot was considered private property -- not public? So, maybe things have changed? You were the one that claimed you could walk into a private parking-lot and begin issuing citations for non-stock exhaust.

I own a Hayabusa, not a Harley. So, my bike does not have a radio with speakers.

Could you please site an example of a noise-abatement stop of a motorcycle in which the individual was also a suspect in one of the "severe" crime statistics I posted earlier? I know that you have been responding to several people; so, either you keep forgetting about this question, or you are unable to site an example.

Your stereo-typing and fetish for calling everyone "boy" alarms me. In my mind, you appear to be one of those police officers that believes he is ABOVE the law. You also have a preconceived notions about motorcyclists. You really should seek professional help in these matters.
Closed Thread

Advertisement