MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Safety Corner > Gear Talk
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2010, 05:22 PM   #1
aetherdeus

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki 650R

Multiple Gear Review

A quick short-term set of reviews from a riding n00b. Well, unfortunately, my stupid Knox Handroids are backordered until the apocalypse, so I can't say anything about them. Other than that, here's my gear and some review time:

Helmet: Scorpion Exo-400
Gloves: Joe Rocket Supermoto
Jacket: Scorpion Stinger
Pants: Scorpion Awe
Boots: Puma Desmo GTX
other: Ogio no-drag pack

#1 Exo 400
Best $100 I've spent so far - light helmet, breathes decently, not too hot, easy to change visors. However, the wind noise kinda sucks, and theres not many aero bits on it, so anything over 40 makes it hard to turn your head.

#2 Supermoto gloves
Well, they breathe well, and not bad for $30, but they run kinda small and still too tight across the thumb. I can't wait for my decent gloves to come in..

#3 Stinger
Badass jacket if ever there was one - moves a ton of air, very comfortable, fits great, and wows the crowds. In white, you're pretty visible, thats for sure. Fairly water-resistant, too. A note, though - it has a belt loop attachment point, but no zipper, so if your pants don't have loops, you're SOL.

#4 Awe
They fit a little tight, but actually quite comfortable. They're not overpants like some people say, though. Pretty decent soft armor in the knees and hips, leather where it counts, lots of adjustment. Surprisingly waterproof, and the stretch panels and vent areas work great. As above, they have a zipper attachment point, but no belt loops. So if you get both, like me, you're screwed. Oh, and there's not much stretch at the bottom, so don't expect them to go over any boots with shin armor.

#5 Desmo
Very underrated boots - super comfortable, breathe well, waterproof, adjustable, and look great. You can walk around in them pretty normally, though I don't think I'd want to go too long that way. My only concern is that the zipper is kind of on a high-stress area, so if you're not careful, it might break eventually. Oh, and they fit like Puma shoes do, so if you've got wide feet or square toes, you may need to go up a size.

#6 No-drag pack
Well, exactly what it says on the tin - its a pack, and it doesn't add drag. What more could you ask for? OK, maybe a lower price...

Thats it, no crashes yet. I'll be glad to update when my stupid gloves come in, though
aetherdeus is offline   Reply With Quote