MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Technical > How To's and Q & A's
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2010, 11:24 PM   #21
xhangyx
Senior Member
 
xhangyx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: houston
Feedback Rating: (18)
Posts: 1,567

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
09 repsol
06 r6 *track*
08 cbr1000rr Repsol fairings
07 crf70
02 crf450






video it and post it for others
xhangyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pat is Motorcycles Unlimited having the Basic Motorcycle Maintenance Course soon? OutRun Motorcycles Unlimited 7 08-31-2010 04:11 PM
Motorcycles Unlimited Basic Maintenance Class Feeler for 1/2/10 ?? Patrick How To's and Q & A's 85 04-26-2010 01:55 PM
Motorcycles Unlimited Basic Maintenance Class 2/6 Patrick How To's and Q & A's 38 02-09-2010 06:58 AM
Basic Maintenance Class Sat. May 23rd Patrick How To's and Q & A's 35 06-01-2009 02:21 PM
Basic Maintenance Class CANCELLED!! Patrick How To's and Q & A's 2 12-05-2008 04:33 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-30-2010, 04:30 PM   #22
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 16,368

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide






It's tomorrow 5/1 at 9:30 a.m..
We still have room for 4-6 more people.
__________________
Call or PM for the BEST PRICES in Houston for PARTS and ACCESSORIES.
MAKE SURE TO MENTION YOU'RE ON MH TO GET THE BEST PRICE!

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!


muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 04:44 PM   #23
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide
 
CaligoneTx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Valhalla
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 21,558

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)






Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Unlike a car, you have to trust your safety to what you're riding.

Performance and longevity of bike parts and overall bike need scheduled maintanence plus the ability to self diagnose items while riding will prevent unforseen problems in the future.

Highly recommend this class for any rider. Ask all the questions you can. I learned alot and all my questions were either addressed the moment I asked them or shortly after to not interfere w his time/class being off track. I walked out informed and I've been a tech w BMW since 99, MasterTech since 03 and I can tell you NO ONE is above this class.


Thanks Patrick for my experience last class
__________________
triumphsig
CaligoneTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 04:47 PM   #24
Hail
Middle Aged Crazy Member
 
Hail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Tomball
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 3,352

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 Triumph Speed Triple R
2012 DR-Z 400S








Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
Unlike a car, you have to trust your safety to what you're riding.

Performance and longevity of bike parts and overall bike need scheduled maintanence plus the ability to self diagnose items while riding will prevent unforseen problems in the future.

Highly recommend this class for any rider. Ask all the questions you can. I learned alot and all my questions were either addressed the moment I asked them or shortly after to not interfere w his time/class being off track. I walked out informed and I've been a tech w BMW since 99, MasterTech since 03 and I can tell you NO ONE is above this class.


Thanks Patrick for my experience last class
+1
It is awesome and Patrick is very generous for offering this.

I just notified a new rider at my office about this and I hope he gets his name in here fast enough...
Hail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 07:21 PM   #25
kalanie
facebok/leatherlaceracing
 
kalanie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Rice fields
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,921












1) Davekg
2) Horn09
3) Mr Lee
4) Ronin
5) USMC083
6) phoenix
7) JayoT

I'm pretty popular at work.I can't make it after all.
__________________

Leather&Lace Racing Leather Repair
281-657-589 zero
kalanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 08:19 PM   #26
Davekg
Honda Rider
 
Davekg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Spring / Woodlands
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,888

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 CBR









Bump...It is suppose to rain tommorrow... sign up for the class and learn something about your bike..
Davekg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 02:34 AM   #27
USMC083
Ride till I die'. Ooorah!
 
USMC083's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: H-town!
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 334

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
GSXR 750 - RIP 6/2010
too many to list.








I have a family emergency that came up and I'm leaving to FL. I'm sorry Patrick, I will definitely attend the next class. Thanks for taking the time to run them.
USMC083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 02:57 AM   #28
skooter
Member
 
skooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: sw houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 20

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 600









Ill be there for sure!!
skooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 08:45 AM   #29
Davekg
Honda Rider
 
Davekg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Spring / Woodlands
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,888

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 CBR









I'll be there for sure.... as well...
Davekg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 10:33 AM   #30
Scottie
Senior Member
 
Scottie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 245

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
FJR 1300
FZ6 (Raven)








Cr@p. I only just saw this. Another next month??
__________________
90% of car drivers don't see you. The other 10% are out to get you.
Scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 12:12 PM   #31
Davekg
Honda Rider
 
Davekg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Spring / Woodlands
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,888

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 CBR









Thank Patrick and Motorcycles Unlimited...

The class was awesome, very informative. I learned things I never knew, things about why we do certain maintenance activity's to our bikes. I understand tire dynamics a lot better now, plus keys points on the bike that are critical to maintain and why.

People, I would definitely recommend you watching for the next class and checking it out. Maintenance is very important on our motorcycles our lives and the lives of those we ride with count on reliability. I 've been back on a bike for about a year now in the old days when I rode in the early 90's I never put much thought into these things. The things I learned about tires from Patrick are pretty eye opening in them selves.

Thanks again Patrick. It nice to see the peeps that turned out and were interested.
Davekg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 12:32 PM   #32
Eberry2001
The 5th Dimension
 
Eberry2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Spring/woodlands
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 225

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2006 Yamaha FZ6









just read this!!!!
Eberry2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:57 AM   #33
Scottie
Senior Member
 
Scottie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 245

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
FJR 1300
FZ6 (Raven)








Any sign of a June class ??
__________________
90% of car drivers don't see you. The other 10% are out to get you.
Scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:27 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy