Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2006, 07:06 AM   #41
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X
is there a light back there?

i would have a problem if he was given unwarranted tickets, but it seems his profiling works.
+1...........and let's face it, your attitude has as much to do with getting tickets as anything else sometimes. "Yes Sir/No Sir" works real well.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Careful in Seabrook crewchief General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 02-11-2012 11:34 PM
hooters in seabrook BrokebackCowboy Events, Meets and Rides 27 01-04-2008 11:28 AM
Tookies in Seabrook whosthis Events, Meets and Rides 36 06-15-2007 04:59 PM
fuc* seabrook!!!! tcmatt Off Topic 3 05-30-2006 12:35 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-15-2006, 08:12 AM   #42
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

^ +1

damm us old guys gotta stick together........lol
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 09:28 AM   #43
ptd
π

Feedback Rating: (0)

With the number of thefts, accidents and fatalities that are sportbike related, and the ever increasing insurance rates; I welcome the sportbike rider profiling and random stops IF it helps bring those numbers down.

That being said, I just hope they don't stop me when I have to be somewhere at a certain time and my dumbass is running late as it is... j/k

-pd
ptd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 10:19 AM   #44
Buck Beasley
Older,Wiser,Faster

Feedback Rating: (2)

'05 Suzuki SV 650,

'04 Vespa 150

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Buck Beasley
I really can't believe you would have the audacity to go off on a cop for giving you a ticket for no license. Why don't you have it? In any state? I live and work in the Seabrook/Kemah area and have been pulled over a few times. One time someone had stolen my personalized license plate and I didn't notice it gone. Guys are always cool to me, MAYBE because I give them the respect they deserve. Something tells me if you had scraped a few sportbikers off the road in your time you might have some judgment of them. They see that kind of on a daily basis. They also see guys doing wheelies in traffic, then hear the "I was only accelerating with traffic" B.S> line everyone tries.
End of the story is........ if you have your in a group, license, endorsement, mirrors, signals. etc. (other words a legal bike and rider) you have nothing to worry about execpt your attitude. Seems you attitude caused you more trouble than anything else. Remember it is his JOB to make sure everyone on the raod is legal, and let's face it, how many guys do you know who have at least one ticketable violation on thier bike right now? Does everyone you ride with have the proper endorsement? We bring these things on ourselves in most cases, and that is why I only ride a crusiser on the street anymore. A sport bike is the poor man's Ferrari. They attract attention, are capable of incredible speed and agility, and the rapp we get is mostly broought by the actions of our fellow riders. If you have ever done a wheelie, burnout, sped over 85mph, done stoppies on public roads then you are partly to blame for the harassment. If you would have had the endorsment he would have said have a nice day and be careful. Instead he's an because you were not legal? Grow up....................
Buck Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 10:21 AM   #45
TxVrod

If LE agencies would just enforce the laws that are on the books and the prosecutors prosecute as they should, we'd have a lot fewer problems and a lot fewer laws.
TxVrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 10:44 AM   #46
CalamariKid

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2008 FZ1, 1995 R1100GS, 2008 WR450F

Thats f'ed up. Phucker did not have a reason to pull you over. GD Police State BS!

Whatever happened to probable friggin cause?

"Hi, how ya' doin'? Nice bike, cool, I ride too, now if you don't mind, please bend over so I can shove this friggin night stick up your ."
CalamariKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 10:45 AM   #47
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

yeah, too bad he was guilty of breakin the law..........lol
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 10:51 AM   #48
ratmzapa

Member Garage

Just do what they tell you and hopefully nothing bad will happen....remember they are in control.
Old 06-15-2006, 11:13 AM   #49
RIP11

Bike(s):
2004 GSXR 600 track

Send a message via AIM to RIP11
well i try not to tell people what i do for a living because they tend to look at me differently but in this case i will just add my .02. i am a police officer in the houston area and as far as probable cause goes you CAN stop any vehicle to check for a license and only a license, which in this case he didnt have one so he got a ticket, deal with it. now i dont stop many bikes, but i can tell you the ones that i do, no helmet, tanktop, flip flops, shorts, basically if your an obvious squid. and i can tell you a decent attitude will get you a long way with any LEO, yes there are the holes that you will run into, but most of the cops that i know will treat you with respect if you are respectful to them. so to sum it up, have a decent attitude and a little respect, and dont if you recieve a legitimate ticket.
RIP11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 11:15 AM   #50
ratmzapa

Member Garage

^^^+1 I do water based L.E. and its all about the attitude you give an officer
Old 06-15-2006, 11:26 AM   #51
CalamariKid

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrock
I am not a cop. But I am sure if any one in here was an emergency responder or a leo and had to deal with the stupidity that sportbike riders have shown on the road, or have had to be the one who makes that 3:00 am phone call to your mom and dad to tell you that your son is dead -can you come and identify his body? If I was that person who could maybe save someone that type of heartache, yeahh. I think I would stop every bike I saw on the road. I would be the one that all of you call cause I stopped you for "no reason". LEO's got a reason. Because they have seen all the that we get spared because we go to the clubs or we sit in resturants and eat and go to a movie. We get to sleep in our beds , while they ride around in their cars hoping that some dumb kids will be smart enough to pull over instead of running. That the dumb pulling wheelies on the street doesnt get his hit by someone talking on a cell phone ( I never saw him, he must have been doing 100mph). Yeah cops are . Most of you would be too, if you had to deal with that kinda . end of my rant.. I got too many friends that are cops to not say something for them.
Yeah, well, my response is if you can't handle the heat, get outta the friggin fire and if you can't do your job then quit. Yes cops put up with a lot of , does that give them the right to play fast and loose with the law? No. I, in general, have a lot of respect for cops, but that respect is tarnished by jackasses that feel use there badges to forward personally motivated bullshit. Stopping me to protect me from myself is not a friggin reason to stop me. That is abuse of friggin power, power WE give them. If I'm speeding and get pulled over, fair enough, but getting pulled over to see if I've got a license or insurance - absolute unmitigated BULLSHIT.
Old 06-15-2006, 11:29 AM   #52
firegirlqn

Bike(s):
None, But come January......

Send a message via AIM to firegirlqn Send a message via Yahoo to firegirlqn
freakin PIGS, I feel for ya, I guess you have to have boobsto get out of a ticket, works like a charm!!!
Old 06-15-2006, 11:30 AM   #53
CalamariKid

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIP11
and as far as probable cause goes you CAN stop any vehicle to check for a license and only a license

Um, BULLSHIT!!!. You CANNOT DO THIS, THIS IS AGAINST THE LAW!
Old 06-15-2006, 11:34 AM   #54
RIP11

Bike(s):
2004 GSXR 600 track

Send a message via AIM to RIP11
Quote:
Originally Posted by firegirlqn
freakin PIGS, I feel for ya, I guess you have to have boobsto get out of a ticket, works like a charm!!!
ma'am your recieving a citation for. . . . . . . ahhh who am i kidding you have i cant write you a ticket. OINK OINK. i appologize for the hole cops that feel the need to prove something, but we are not ALL bad.
RIP11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 11:40 AM   #55
firegirlqn

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIP11
ma'am your recieving a citation for. . . . . . . ahhh who am i kidding you have i cant write you a ticket. OINK OINK. i appologize for the hole cops that feel the need to prove something, but we are not ALL bad.
Here is a tip for all the girls!!!!
ALWAYS leave your purse in the trunk so that you make the cop check out your as you are getting your purse out, works EVERY TIME!!!!
Old 06-15-2006, 11:41 AM   #56
TxVrod

...unless they're gay
TxVrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 11:47 AM   #57
firegirlqn

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxVrod
...unless they're gay
luckily I haven't run into that yet, but when the time comes, I'll think of something
Old 06-15-2006, 11:48 AM   #58
ratmzapa

Member Garage

wtf?
Old 06-15-2006, 11:48 AM   #59
ratmzapa

Member Garage

seriously....
Old 06-15-2006, 11:54 AM   #60
rickykline
super squid

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
1999 yamaha r1 RIP
2005 zx10r

sucks that you got a ticket.. were you wearing full gear? cuz believe it or not most the people that dont wear gear dont have a m licesnce... ive been pulled over there for the same .. hes just doing his job.. my bike is 100% legal so i got off

I WISH MY GRASS WAS EMO SO IT WOULD CUT ITSELF....
rickykline is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement