Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2010, 04:46 PM   #1
gtdrivr
Al Gore lied to me.
 
gtdrivr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 9,337

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
CBR954 arrrr arrrr









Popped my cherry yesterday.

So, I dropped the SV yesterday. This is the first time I have ever dropped a street bike in 14 years/around 200,000 miles.

I was coming to Ween's rescue (not really, but it sounds good). A was carrying a little too much speed on the slippery gravel that bit Frank. I dragged the back brake in. It wasnt doing anything to help, so I applied a LITTLE front brake. I was going about 5 MPH when the front end washed. At somewhere around 3 MPH, I hit the point of no return, and the bike went down. I tried to hop free, to no avail. My right foot was caught under the bike. When I attempted to clear the bike, I fell directly on my .

I swear, I did this on purpose, and solely for Weenie's entertainment.
__________________
RIP Coach and Andy

Riding the back roads of heaven.

gtdrivr is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Popped my 250 cherry @ msrh ninenine Taking it to the Track 44 11-12-2013 06:43 PM
so New Rider popped his ban cherry... Azylum Off Topic 28 02-06-2011 12:56 PM
Cherry Pie ArturoC Off Topic 19 10-03-2006 12:39 PM
Cherry Hill tcmatt General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 02-03-2006 02:41 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-26-2010, 05:03 PM   #2
Green_Ninja
Member
 
Green_Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Southwest
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 80

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
00'' zx9r









lmao nice story
Green_Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:07 PM   #3
CCH
Innocent Bystander
 
CCH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NW Burbs
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 1,520

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2000 Ducati 996
1991 Suzuki RGV250m two-smoke bicycle on crack
1999 R6 sold to a dip$h!t
1995 Ducati 900SP gone, more or less
1999 Ducati 996 died a glorious death in North GA, Feb 2006

Member Garage


Craptastic man. Sorry to hear that. Must have happened after I left the goat path that they called a road. I followed Wayne onto that road when he went down. I had a pupil-rectal inversion - my eyes got huge and my puckered to microscopic size. Glad you're OK.

CCH
__________________
picturephp?albumid112&amppictureid2276
That which did not kill me has only made me a lot more stiff and sore the rest of the time.
CCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:07 PM   #4
Mala Lingua
Optimistic Cynic
 
Mala Lingua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SE Side!
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 10,983

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'06 600RR (Mogee)
Phifty (Fuglee)





3 MPH, eh? Glad you OK!
Mala Lingua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:08 PM   #5
CCH
Innocent Bystander
 
CCH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NW Burbs
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 1,520

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2000 Ducati 996
1991 Suzuki RGV250m two-smoke bicycle on crack
1999 R6 sold to a dip$h!t
1995 Ducati 900SP gone, more or less
1999 Ducati 996 died a glorious death in North GA, Feb 2006

Member Garage


Oh, different road... Still, good that you're OK. I'll work on improving my reading comprehension level.
__________________
picturephp?albumid112&amppictureid2276
That which did not kill me has only made me a lot more stiff and sore the rest of the time.
CCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:40 PM   #6
WWFII
Senior Member
 
WWFII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Where I lay my head is home.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 652

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
K8 Hayabusa (STOLEN)









Ouch, sorry to hear that!
WWFII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:44 PM   #7
MrT713
Grand Kushi
 
MrT713's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: sw/sugarland
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 744

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
2003 gsxr 600
2007 gsxr 600 Track








sounds almost exactly like this one other guy on the sw sunday ride. He almost completely hopped free, but the bike clipped his leg a little bit. Nothing more than a few scratches i think, and some hurt pride. It happened to me once in the gravel at the end of powerplant road off of crabb.
MrT713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:53 PM   #8
gtdrivr
Al Gore lied to me.
 
gtdrivr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 9,337

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
CBR954 arrrr arrrr









Not even a scratch on the bike. Just a dirty ......

Yes, 3 MPH, mala! I was waiting for an ambulance. I guess none of the people present felt I needed one. Where's the love?
__________________
RIP Coach and Andy

Riding the back roads of heaven.

gtdrivr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 06:07 PM   #9
pester
Black olives matter
 
pester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Montgomery cty
Feedback Rating: (12)
Posts: 15,275

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard



Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by gtdrivr View Post
So, I dropped the SV yesterday. This is the first time I have ever dropped a street bike in 14 years/around 200,000 miles.

I was coming to Ween's rescue (not really, but it sounds good). A was carrying a little too much speed on the slippery gravel that bit Frank. I dragged the back brake in. It wasnt doing anything to help, so I applied a LITTLE front brake. I was going about 5 MPH when the front end washed. At somewhere around 3 MPH, I hit the point of no return, and the bike went down. I tried to hop free, to no avail. My right foot was caught under the bike. When I attempted to clear the bike, I fell directly on my .

I swear, I did this on purpose, and solely for Weenie's entertainment.
epic fail. lol well remember if you messed the sv. ill buy it 1/2 price
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
Technology has insulated the stupid from the rightful consequences of their actions - and exposed the rest of us to the damage they can cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
nevermind ima bumbass and ill get my wife 2 do it 2nite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I know enough Spanish to stick you with a knife cabron
pester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 06:19 PM   #10
ThomasNinja650
SSG Coleman
 
ThomasNinja650's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bryan/College Station
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 16,277

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650-R









__________________
For those looking to give back to Texas and serve those in times of need, Join the Texas State Guard.
Locate a Recruiter http://www.gotxsg.com/join.php
ThomasNinja650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 06:44 PM   #11
Badchev
Slow
 
Badchev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Here
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,350

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'01 Bandit









Quote:
Originally Posted by CCH View Post
I had a pupil-rectal inversion - my eyes got huge and my puckered to microscopic size. Glad you're OK.

CCH


Glad your both okay.......and nothing permanent <sp>.
Badchev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 06:50 PM   #12
gtdrivr
Al Gore lied to me.
 
gtdrivr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 9,337

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
CBR954 arrrr arrrr









I feel I must thank the following for keeping me safe, and helping me to pull through this horrifying ordeal!

Joe Rocket - boots, my foot wasn't crushed and amputated!
Teknic - jacket, worked flawlessly
Icon - gloves, got dirty, but survived!
HJC - helmet, would I be here and sane without it?
AXO - knee pads, I can walk because of them!
Hanes - underwear, I DID land squarely on my , after all. It was the first point of contact. That could have been traumatizing!


Lest I forget, the bastards that laughed at me!

Ken for helping get the bike off me before I had to sever my own leg!
__________________
RIP Coach and Andy

Riding the back roads of heaven.


Last edited by gtdrivr; 04-26-2010 at 06:53 PM.
gtdrivr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:29 PM   #13
Helios
Back again again...
 
Helios's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Houston
Feedback Rating: (9)
Posts: 12,674

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer




Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by gtdrivr View Post
I feel I must thank the following for keeping me safe, and helping me to pull through this horrifying ordeal!

Joe Rocket - boots, my foot wasn't crushed and amputated!
Teknic - jacket, worked flawlessly
Icon - gloves, got dirty, but survived!
HJC - helmet, would I be here and sane without it?
AXO - knee pads, I can walk because of them!
Hanes - underwear, I DID land squarely on my , after all. It was the first point of contact. That could have been traumatizing!


Lest I forget, the bastards that laughed at me!

Ken for helping get the bike off me before I had to sever my own leg!

You got lucky, I hear the threshold of gear protection breaks down on wrecks exceeding 6 mph.

Had you been going any faster, you might not be here with us today.

Long live the hot white sausage!
__________________
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
~Wilde
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:35 PM   #14
gtdrivr
Al Gore lied to me.
 
gtdrivr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 9,337

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
CBR954 arrrr arrrr









Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
You got lucky, I hear the threshold of gear protection breaks down on wrecks exceeding 6 mph.

Had you been going any faster, you might not be here with us today.

Long live the hot white sausage!
Of course, only I have the bad white sausage in Houston!
__________________
RIP Coach and Andy

Riding the back roads of heaven.

gtdrivr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:35 PM   #15
BRYAN
Big and Cranky...
 
BRYAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: halfway to nowhere
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 3,256

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
A Trackbike
Another Trackbike
A Motard







__________________
BRYAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:43 PM   #16
GAU-8
official thread ender.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,472

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1











sooooooooooo...


the big question. rumor has it the bike is on craigslist.. ahem, so will be discriptive like ALL the other dropped bike issues?

"dropped by previous owner at 3 mph"

technically speaking, you will be the "previous owner"...and feel you need to have this updated
GAU-8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:49 PM   #17
gtdrivr
Al Gore lied to me.
 
gtdrivr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 9,337

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
CBR954 arrrr arrrr









I need something MUCH faster, dude. Every time I get on the bike, I pray the tooth fairy installed a 100 shot. I'm sick of 600s eating me alive. I'm used to laughing at 600s. It's depressing.
__________________
RIP Coach and Andy

Riding the back roads of heaven.

gtdrivr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:58 PM   #18
Kris90
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 17












Quote:
Originally Posted by MrT713 View Post
sounds almost exactly like this one other guy on the sw sunday ride. He almost completely hopped free, but the bike clipped his leg a little bit. Nothing more than a few scratches i think, and some hurt pride. It happened to me once in the gravel at the end of powerplant road off of crabb.
dude thats exactly where i fell last week. i hit the pothole and lost traction :(
Kris90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:16 PM   #19
lilblueninja
Ninja Turtle
 
lilblueninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sowf side
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 430

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
'09 Ninja 250r









Quote:
Originally Posted by gtdrivr View Post
Not even a scratch on the bike. Just a dirty ......

Yes, 3 MPH, mala! I was waiting for an ambulance. I guess none of the people present felt I needed one. Where's the love?
If Ween didn't need an ambulance you sure as heck didn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtdrivr View Post
Lest I forget, the bastards that laughed at me!

Ken for helping get the bike off me before I had to sever my own leg!
Well, from our perspective you fell, tried to get up, fell again. . . tried to get up. . . stumbled. . . and finally fell. T.K.O. We just waited for you to admit defeat before helping you up. That way we wouldn't rob ourselves of entertainment while waiting on Meaner.

Glad you and the bike are okay though. Only bruised your pride and not your shoulder.
__________________
If I'm a child that means you're a pedophile, and I'll be damned if I'm going stand here and take this from a pervert.
lilblueninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:26 PM   #20
gtdrivr
Al Gore lied to me.
 
gtdrivr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 9,337

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
CBR954 arrrr arrrr









Quote:
Originally Posted by lilblueninja View Post
If Ween didn't need an ambulance you sure as heck didn't.


Well, from our perspective you fell, tried to get up, fell again. . . tried to get up. . . stumbled. . . and finally fell. T.K.O. We just waited for you to admit defeat before helping you up. That way we wouldn't rob ourselves of entertainment while waiting on Meaner.

Glad you and the bike are okay though. Only bruised your pride and not your shoulder.
No pride lost here. I have no shame.
__________________
RIP Coach and Andy

Riding the back roads of heaven.

gtdrivr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:28 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy