MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2010, 01:05 AM   #41
Green_Ninja

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
00'' zx9r

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_rider View Post
I am glad you are out of jail man..... i knew as soon as i saw the unmarked charger and the cops on bikes that it was bad news..... we were going pretty slow after we left CR, i didn't know they pulled you over for speeding? there was a very slow pick up holding us up and when i got around him i was looking on my mirrors but didnt see you there, i just assumed you were more patient than me and decided to stay behind him so i got on the freeway and went home.
it was not for speeding the cop was behind us when you passed up that pickup i turned around to see if the coast was clear for me to go around and when i turned around the cop hit his light so i pulled over

its all good i just took one for the team lol....but i wont be going to CRR for a good little while
Green_Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Saturday Ride, Crabb River Road to Galveston 1098ducdude Events, Meets and Rides 68 02-07-2015 03:12 PM
Crabb River anyone? dudewhrsmybike Events, Meets and Rides 46 06-16-2009 08:28 AM
Pics: 7/8/07 Crabb River Rd/Galveston ride Spanish Fly General Discussion (Moto Related) 48 07-11-2007 09:56 AM
crabb river tuesday train460 Events, Meets and Rides 0 01-30-2006 03:21 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-28-2010, 01:35 AM   #42
sunday_rider

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):

that really sux man....... i didnt even know the cop was behind us and i wasnt really worrying too much about it cause we were just chilling and going at the same speed of traffic, but yeah i wont be going to CR during weekdays for a while, my bike is kind of hard to miss, so better be on the safe side and lay low for a few weeks at least.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:59 AM   #43
crazivi3tdude
Commander in Chief !!!

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
Mongoose
C
B
R

Send a message via AIM to crazivi3tdude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
wow...yea, we left right on time!! Nice meeting you all!! I had a good time on crabb, it was my first time hitting those roads! But yea, anyone thinking about coming with us to racer's road should have! It was totally worth it and it gets better for me every time I go out there! and Ninja, don't give me that BS about RR being too fast for your bike.
lol... RR is not too fast for my bike, it just doesnt like me riding it hard thru those 50mph turns.... i prefer the 40mph that way i doesnt feel threaten by those ginormous Torque monster like Franks Duc1098 and other 1K's out there

Green Ninja: wtf did they ticketed you for? Me and 2 others were pulled over after we left the cop for seriously 10+ miles, he only warned us to slow down... you probably have a history

Yes! my name is Ninja!!!
crazivi3tdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 02:14 AM   #44
Green_Ninja

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
00'' zx9r

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazivi3tdude View Post
lol... RR is not too fast for my bike, it just doesnt like me riding it hard thru those 50mph turns.... i prefer the 40mph that way i doesnt feel threaten by those ginormous Torque monster like Franks Duc1098 and other 1K's out there

Green Ninja: wtf did they ticketed you for? Me and 2 others were pulled over after we left the cop for seriously 10+ miles, he only warned us to slow down... you probably have a history
lets not talk about history
Green_Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 05:41 AM   #45
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Ninja View Post
it was not for speeding the cop was behind us when you passed up that pickup i turned around to see if the coast was clear for me to go around and when i turned around the cop hit his light so i pulled over

its all good i just took one for the team lol....but i wont be going to CRR for a good little while
Care to tell us why they pulled you over?
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 06:31 AM   #46
Ronin

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Black/White CBR 600RR (Leyla)
Red/Black CBR 600RR (Track)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazivi3tdude View Post

Yep, that's what I figured when they were talking about someone getting their bike towed, or getting arrested. Usually it's for not having an M endorsement along with no insurance, or having a rapsheet on you.

I was hoping some of you guys would come with us, I really do prefer RR road since they just repaved it, there aren't as many popo, and it's a lot longer. But like I said, CRR is definitely fun for what it is, but all this talk about people getting pulled over doesn't really appeal to me.

Quote:
lets not talk about history
Dang man, yea, having a history doesn't help at all. You can be doing the same exact thing as everyone else and the popo is gonna come down harder on you just because of that. I know it sucks, but that's all they can go by. "You can beat the rap, but you can't beat the ride."
Originally Posted by Benga View Post
Ronin is the best of the best guys. He has a kick wife. Got wasted at his place and she didnt complain or anything!
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:23 AM   #47
Joshh

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 HD Dyna Wide Glide
07 ZX6-R

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Joshh Send a message via MSN to Joshh
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_rider View Post
that really sux man....... i didnt even know the cop was behind us and i wasnt really worrying too much about it cause we were just chilling and going at the same speed of traffic, but yeah i wont be going to CR during weekdays for a while, my bike is kind of hard to miss, so better be on the safe side and lay low for a few weeks at least.
CR is fine during the day, we stayed too long was the problem, its unfortunantly usually only good for one shot up and one shot back unless you switch around and go down to 1494 or something
Old 04-28-2010, 12:58 PM   #48
sunday_rider

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):

I usually do CR with manuel and we go back and forth at least 10 times and never had any problems with cops on weekdays..... the way we do it is going slow on the straights and then fast on the corners, that way the people that live there don't have to hear the pipes of screaming bikes down their street..... we both have stock pipes so it helps keep the noise level down a bit and keep the neighbors at CR happy.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:05 PM   #49
Versatile337
They call me V or Franco

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2009 GSX-R 750 (Blk/Matte Blk)

Member Garage

Quote:
some one did call the cops saying there was 10 bike hitting over 130 each and was hitting the turns saying we almost hit another car.... i was like wtf do you see 10 bike...this was when it was just me and sunday_rider but sunday was gone by now. cop also ask why didnt sunday_rider stop,i was like

also cost 380 for me and my bike to get out...so if you got the money go hit crabriver i swear its fun
That's at least 3 track days worth. cops.
Versatile337 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement