MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2010, 11:13 PM   #1
Rocket_Fish

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
1995 CBR 900rr

Arrow A hit and run.

ok so today I watched a movie till about 1:30PM then was going on a bike ride with some friends. On the way to the ride….Another bike and myself pull up to a four way intersection. We wave at each other… and since he stopped first…he pulls out from the right and turns onto my left to go from the direction I just came.

I pull out into the intersection just after he makes his turn knowing I was next. As I am about seven feet from getting thru the intersection this big black dodge ram 1500 quad cab thing lets off the gas and hits my bike at about 8-12 MPH.

This dude had to have seen me as there is no way he could have missed the other bike that was about 10 feet to my left at that point.

So this guy takes off my Two Brothers exhaust and hit the out of my rear tire and frame. Now he NEVER really pressed the brakes. Cause I stopped about a cars length after the intersection and caught myself and the bike from completely smashing to the ground. (there was a car there that had to see it all up close and personal as I was past his rear bumper) As I looked at what just took off my muffler (dodge ram) he is still rolling and all traffic had stopped.

So assuming he was going to pull over into the gas station just out his passenger window I pull myself and the bike back up right. HE KEPT GOING. (OK start it up and go after his right) ok so that is what I did and he never stops. From Strawberry to Burke he never stopped on that road (about a mile). During this mile stretch I pulled up next to him blew my horn and raised my visor up to see him.

(He shoots me the middle finger and then waves) He pulls up to the red light at Burke Rd and I am right behind him as I had slowed way down to get plates and sit there behind him. Two females in an Escalade pull up next to me and roll their window down (Hey we saw what happened are you ok, we are on the phones with the cops right now is he running) (Yeah all that was said in one breath) Light turns green and he runs the second left turn light I wait for traffic to clear before I do the same.

He drives from Burke to Fairmont (about half a mile) and I pull next to him as we drive honking my horn saying to pull over. He swerved over and I slowed down once again. I follow him into the parking lot there at the 99cents store with the jack n the box in the parking lot. He drove slow thru the parking lot and stops in a rear parking spot near the road.

I stop and immediately start to pull off my helmet and gloves and get off the bike. The females pull in right behind me. He takes off again. Back on Burke Rd he gets stopped at the light due to traffic and I have no gear on.

The females were one car behind him at the light as I stay in the parking lot putting on my helmet. I pull out just before the light turns green and the females let me in line as I was in the right lane just incase he turned left. He went straight on Burke Rd then takes the next U turn and hauls to Fairmont and turns right. (It would have been easier if he would have just made a left) So once onto Fairmont the females cut thru the Chase bank parking lot and pull out behind me as I am in second then third (oh this guy is running) fourth gear and I am done the speed limit is 45 me 90.

Ok behind him again. (yeah it was like on the freeway but the cars were moving a lot slower with all of the traffic) Ok behind him again. He was only going 70 as he rapidly slows down to run the red light to turn left back onto Strawberry. I wait till traffic is clear and run the red as well.

He is really moving so I let him go as this was a two lane two direction road (no head on collision for me in a neighborhood) he passed at least four to five other cars as we are coming up on where the accident happened. He gets to the stop sign from where he had just hit me and turns right onto Crenshaw. Gets to the next stop sign and turns left on to Allen Genoa.

Well lets just say he lives really close to there in some trailers. Well me still having my head screwed on straight stops at the entrance to the trailer park (only one way in and one way out) So I waited to see if it was a trick. I take off my helmet and gloves and grab my phone as my family also live very close by (just incase some show down happened) alright family made it so we drive thru in the truck cause my bike is way to loud to sneak up on some one now with no muffler and a broken clutch cable. Found the truck parked and no one around.

I called the cops at 2PM. This started at 1:35ish. Pasadena PD tells me to call HPD cause it is their jurisdiction. Ok, so at 3PM still no cops. 3:30PM HPD arrived. At this time several of my family is here and this guys family is here but he had took off in his wife's truck. HPD tells me hey this started in Pasadena's jurisdiction.

So HPD hangs with me till PPD arrived at 4:15. During that time HPD is telling me that if PPD puts this in his lap this guy is going to jail for Failure to Stop and Give Information FSGI (HIT and RUN). Ok so PPD listened to what HPD had to say HPD told him that the guy drove to his house jacked his wife’s truck and took off and his family "blood" cant get a hold of him and don‘t know where he is. So PPD went over to where all the guys were (his family and friends and neighbors). He came right back laughing "dude I just went over there an asked those guys for their papers" (he said papers in Spanish to us the rest was in English) "did you see how fast they all left".

"I also told them that he needs to get here now or they are all going to jail". So this guy pulls up and gets out of another truck not even the one he left in. PPD comes back to me and says "you know there really isn't even anything I can do to him.

I cant even give him a ticket for no drivers license". (you mean to tell me you cant get a ticket for a hit and run and evasion or nothing if you turn yourself in four hours later not at the scene and only present an ID card. Mind you the scene of the accident was only half a mile away….if that and yes it took till 5:30 to get the matter resolved and my bike had to be towed) cause my clutch and cable gave out yeah shifting without a clutch is hard on the transmission.

Will my poor bike ever be the same. PPD said my insurance agency has to fight it out with the other one to see if my bike gets fixed.

Last edited by Rocket_Fish; 04-25-2010 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Rojer Lockless made me do it.....
Rocket_Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hit & Run - Need Plate Run MadseasoN General Discussion (Moto Related) 77 08-30-2016 09:32 PM
hit and run jermjerm General Discussion (Moto Related) 18 04-22-2011 03:17 PM
hit and run TREE Off Topic 3 02-05-2009 01:27 PM
Motorcyclist dies after being hit by hit-and-run driver Jay General Discussion (Moto Related) 87 09-04-2007 11:28 AM
Advertisement
Old 04-24-2010, 11:21 PM   #2
ANTISOCIAL

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
05 cbr 600 rr

Send a message via AIM to ANTISOCIAL
wow , thats alot of reading . any got some cliff notes ?
Old 04-24-2010, 11:26 PM   #3
greentegr6
B.S.

Bike(s):
2006 CBR 1000 RR
93 CBR 900 RR -FOR SALE- 2000
SOLD-2002 GSXR 600
RIP- YAMAHA R6

Send a message via Yahoo to greentegr6
as much as that hurted to read. that is pure bull . would have been awesome if you had a video cam. What happen to the witness? did they leave before the cops. Get a lawyer or take him to small claims court. , you know where the lives and all his illegal homeboys.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:27 PM   #4
yamaR6281
i ride really slow

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
600rr

yamaR6281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:32 PM   #5
zombiejesus
braaaaiiiiinssss

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

look on the bright side, now you know where he lives. torch his trailer.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:34 PM   #6
Rocket_Fish

Bike(s):
1995 CBR 900rr

on Fairmont the girls passed up the light we turned at. dont know if they went straight or what happened to them. Sucks they are gone though.
Rocket_Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:36 PM   #7
Ulric
Dirty Old

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

..my reply would be, 'you should be able to arrest his .'
Old 04-24-2010, 11:48 PM   #8
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

... that really sucks . These are the people that make Mexicans look bad.

Did you get the plates of the chicks in the black truck?

Persue this, dont let this go. Find the number to INS also.
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 12:16 AM   #9
ZeddXavier

Bike(s):
2008 ZX-6R (sold)

gotta love pasa-getdown-dena
Old 04-25-2010, 12:20 AM   #10
ravenphat
Voyagers mc VffV

Bike(s):
2009 zx 14
honda vtx 1800

Try call the police station see bout whatctime she called in see if they got her phone number since she had called police they should have have het number from the call. Might take a lawyer to get it but I would sue torch the trailer or call out to all motohouston to roll up there make some noise with bikes in middle of night. Ftw atleast u alright bike fixable ur not. I guess that's why I want a helmet cam. U should b able to file charges on owner of the truck. It's there vechical there insurance should cover it. U can sue the owner too for it. I would hire a motorcycle lawyer like tiger law or there's a lawyer here in sponsors list I believe. I would lawyer up if got money to do so.

Last edited by ravenphat; 04-25-2010 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Forgot somthin
ravenphat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 12:23 AM   #11
nihaikitty
Squidette

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
'04 EX500
'08 SV650

The jerk has insurance, though, right? Aside from slashing the tires on his truck, get a lawyer. One very important thing that I learned the hard way....if you get into an accident, hire a professional; otherwise you'll get effed in the A.
Old 04-25-2010, 12:24 AM   #12
nihaikitty
Squidette

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
'04 EX500
'08 SV650

Oh yeah, and go to the chiropractor
Old 04-25-2010, 12:52 AM   #13
Green_Ninja

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
00'' zx9r

that was a long read
Green_Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 01:13 AM   #14
GAU-8
official thread ender.

Trackdays: 1

GLAD you are SAFE!! sorry to hear that mang :(

one thing I learned since my bike accident, (I had the GOPRO attatched, but not ON)..allthough the bike is still down, GOPRO is, rollin when I cage it.. store, see friends..etc.etc. always on. (it can be charging and record at the same time)

but back on track..

So long story short....this guy is turning himself in, for something else...so no bueno on the actions of today????

this is the that kills me.
GAU-8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 02:32 AM   #15
RojerLockless
member of NO MA`AM

Feedback Rating: (10)

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Honda CB919

Member Garage

I can't even start to read it like that so I spaced it out a bit.

ok so today I watched a movie till about 1:30PM then was going on a bike ride with some friends. On the way to the ride….Another bike and myself pull up to a four way intersection. We wave at each other… and since he stopped first…he pulls out from the right and turns onto my left to go from the direction I just came.

I pull out into the intersection just after he makes his turn knowing I was next. As I am about seven feet from getting thru the intersection this big black dodge ram 1500 quad cab thing lets off the gas and hits my bike at about 8-12 MPH.

This dude had to have seen me as there is no way he could have missed the other bike that was about 10 feet to my left at that point.

So this guy takes off my Two Brothers exhaust and hit the out of my rear tire and frame. Now he NEVER really pressed the brakes. Cause I stopped about a cars length after the intersection and caught myself and the bike from completely smashing to the ground. (there was a car there that had to see it all up close and personal as I was past his rear bumper) As I looked at what just took off my muffler (dodge ram) he is still rolling and all traffic had stopped.

So assuming he was going to pull over into the gas station just out his passenger window I pull myself and the bike back up right. HE KEPT GOING. (OK start it up and go after his right) ok so that is what I did and he never stops. From Strawberry to Burke he never stopped on that road (about a mile). During this mile stretch I pulled up next to him blew my horn and raised my visor up to see him.

(He shoots me the middle finger and then waves) He pulls up to the red light at Burke Rd and I am right behind him as I had slowed way down to get plates and sit there behind him. Two females in an Escalade pull up next to me and roll their window down (Hey we saw what happened are you ok, we are on the phones with the cops right now is he running) (Yeah all that was said in one breath) Light turns green and he runs the second left turn light I wait for traffic to clear before I do the same.

He drives from Burke to Fairmont (about half a mile) and I pull next to him as we drive honking my horn saying to pull over. He swerved over and I slowed down once again. I follow him into the parking lot there at the 99cents store with the jack n the box in the parking lot. He drove slow thru the parking lot and stops in a rear parking spot near the road.

I stop and immediately start to pull off my helmet and gloves and get off the bike. The females pull in right behind me. He takes off again. Back on Burke Rd he gets stopped at the light due to traffic and I have no gear on.

The females were one car behind him at the light as I stay in the parking lot putting on my helmet. I pull out just before the light turns green and the females let me in line as I was in the right lane just incase he turned left. He went straight on Burke Rd then takes the next U turn and hauls to Fairmont and turns right. (It would have been easier if he would have just made a left) So once onto Fairmont the females cut thru the Chase bank parking lot and pull out behind me as I am in second then third (oh this guy is running) fourth gear and I am done the speed limit is 45 me 90.

Ok behind him again. (yeah it was like on the freeway but the cars were moving a lot slower with all of the traffic) Ok behind him again. He was only going 70 as he rapidly slows down to run the red light to turn left back onto Strawberry. I wait till traffic is clear and run the red as well.

He is really moving so I let him go as this was a two lane two direction road (no head on collision for me in a neighborhood) he passed at least four to five other cars as we are coming up on where the accident happened. He gets to the stop sign from where he had just hit me and turns right onto Crenshaw. Gets to the next stop sign and turns left on to Allen Genoa.

Well lets just say he lives really close to there in some trailers. Well me still having my head screwed on straight stops at the entrance to the trailer park (only one way in and one way out) So I waited to see if it was a trick. I take off my helmet and gloves and grab my phone as my family also live very close by (just incase some show down happened) alright family made it so we drive thru in the truck cause my bike is way to loud to sneak up on some one now with no muffler and a broken clutch cable. Found the truck parked and no one around.

I called the cops at 2PM. This started at 1:35ish. Pasadena PD tells me to call HPD cause it is their jurisdiction. Ok, so at 3PM still no cops. 3:30PM HPD arrived. At this time several of my family is here and this guys family is here but he had took off in his wife's truck. HPD tells me hey this started in Pasadena's jurisdiction.

So HPD hangs with me till PPD arrived at 4:15. During that time HPD is telling me that if PPD puts this in his lap this guy is going to jail for Failure to Stop and Give Information FSGI (HIT and RUN). Ok so PPD listened to what HPD had to say HPD told him that the guy drove to his house jacked his wife’s truck and took off and his family "blood" cant get a hold of him and don‘t know where he is. So PPD went over to where all the guys were (his family and friends and neighbors). He came right back laughing "dude I just went over there an asked those guys for their papers" (he said papers in Spanish to us the rest was in English) "did you see how fast they all left".

"I also told them that he needs to get here now or they are all going to jail". So this guy pulls up and gets out of another truck not even the one he left in. PPD comes back to me and says "you know there really isn't even anything I can do to him.

I cant even give him a ticket for no drivers license". (you mean to tell me you cant get a ticket for a hit and run and evasion or nothing if you turn yourself in four hours later not at the scene and only present an ID card. Mind you the scene of the accident was only half a mile away….if that and yes it took till 5:30 to get the matter resolved and my bike had to be towed) cause my clutch and cable gave out yeah shifting without a clutch is hard on the transmission.

Will my poor bike ever be the same. PPD said my insurance agency has to fight it out with the other one to see if my bike gets fixed.

RojerLockless@Motohouston.com
BRING BACK GIXXERBILL!!!
CRBsig 2
RojerLockless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 02:37 AM   #16
RojerLockless
member of NO MA`AM

Feedback Rating: (10)

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Honda CB919

Member Garage

*that is up*

RojerLockless@Motohouston.com
BRING BACK GIXXERBILL!!!
CRBsig 2
RojerLockless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 02:38 AM   #17
miguel!!
dont forget the streets

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
f thrill

Member Garage

If your riding saturday night in texas , its gana get a little sketchy.
Old 04-25-2010, 04:25 AM   #18
goose
Goose

Bike(s):
2007 Yamaha R1
2005 yamaha r6 (sold)
2001 Gsxr 750 (gone)

that's the kind of that make us mexicans look bad. Dumb probably didn't have insurance, which is why he fled. This sucks so much i want to kick his for you. I can just imagine getting flicked off by some fukin idiot. like this is the exact reason why i don't carry a gun. He would have had a bullet in his head.....good luck with this in court, especially since he is probably illegal.
Now i know someone will probably try to write saying this and that about illegals...oh well, i hate all idiots alike...
goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 07:23 AM   #19
ravenphat
Voyagers mc VffV

Bike(s):
2009 zx 14
honda vtx 1800

Another thing I do is carry lil pieces of spark plug parclin. Get about 15 foot ahead of him and flip it up like a quater. If it hits the windshield it shatters so they can't see. B ready to get out of way. If he says u threw somthin say most got caught in ur tire and it chunk it out. Usually that evidence disapears so can't prove u did anything. But make sure ur not in alot of traffic cause u miss might hit someone else window. Or sneek over there with valve steam remover remove steam let all air out quite as possible. Take a straw full of bbs put in tire put stem back in air tire back up look normal. Let him go down road 5 miles or so big blow out. I know peeps will say I'm wrong and devious. But o well cagers not paying attn made me this way.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:40 AM   #20
miguel!!
dont forget the streets

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
f thrill

Member Garage

every one is so hatefull and racist ,allways wana shoot some body whatever happend to fists flying .IM not much a religious person but every thing that happens its for a reason i belive.

STAY ALERT STAY ALIVE! Its a jungle out in the streets thats why we weare helmets and if you dont your a jabroni.

Advertisement