MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2010, 03:44 PM   #21
The Trav
slowpoke

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 1

a lot of bikes have the "key code" on the pillion seat lock. its a code stamped onto the lock (matching the original key code metal tab that came with the orig key). it usually runs about $30+key, but any reputable locksmith can do it.
I will not allow myself the weakness to lay aside responsibility of my actions to a higher power and write that weakness off as destiny. Vigilance, intelligence and discipline keep us alive out there.
-kib
Rest In Peace Chris Owens aka faster321, you will be missed...
The Trav is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2005 R6 lost my only key. Key code location? rickybobbi How To's and Q & A's 1 06-29-2010 08:37 PM
Can't get my key out! PYROBUG51 Performance and Modifications 26 08-25-2008 06:04 PM
Ignition Key Problem....Please Help Nightster Ridester General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 01-10-2007 09:01 AM
key NO MORE F4I General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 12-04-2006 07:31 PM
I need a key cashtown General Discussion (Moto Related) 26 11-10-2006 05:04 AM
Advertisement
Old 04-23-2010, 10:37 PM   #22
landon05

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2004 Gsxr- 600 (wrecked)
2006 gsxr-750 custom painted by "House of Pain" SOLD!!!
LOOKING FOR A GSXR 1000

Send a message via AIM to landon05
Man you can get a key cut for less than 25 bucks!! I know I took my key code to Stubbs and they did it for like 15 bucks maybe 20.. And its a locksmith in the 249 area that "North City Cycle" used when they were in business and if you had your ignition out it was maybe 25 to 30 bucks... Shop around bro and you will luck up
landon05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:38 PM   #23
Hotwheelscamaro

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
10 HD Ultra Limited
Sold 01 ZX7
Sold 00 ZX7 Street Fighter
Sold 96 ZX6R
Sold 02 ZX6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Trav View Post
a lot of bikes have the "key code" on the pillion seat lock. its a code stamped onto the lock (matching the original key code metal tab that came with the orig key). it usually runs about $30+key, but any reputable locksmith can do it.
Guess I am kind of lost, but what is "pillion seat lock"? Is that the case of the lock itself? Will I be able to get to it without removing the seat itself?
Hotwheelscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:42 PM   #24
Hotwheelscamaro

Bike(s):
10 HD Ultra Limited
Sold 01 ZX7
Sold 96 ZX6R
Sold 02 ZX6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaR6281 View Post
did this to my last 600rr. cost me 35 for two keys. I picked up 2 hrs later. location is on veteran and 249.
Ok, but I wouldn't even know where to start to remove the ignition set. Suckey part is I had 2 keys, 1 for ignition/seat and 1 for tank. Somebody told me to load the bike up (if possible since the front wheel is turned and locked) onto the truck and take it to the Reds Locksmith on 45 south at Broadway and see if they can do it. Anybody know anything about that locksmith. Long drive from Crosby, but need keys, gettn sick of seeing all the bikes out on the road and I ain't one of them, LOL.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:08 PM   #25
JP171

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
00' GSXR 750
05 636

you had 2 different keys? then just get the whole lockset so you have just one key. but its easy to get into the rear seat(passenger). get under the rear seat area and pull the cable or the arm for the seat then get the number off of the rear seat lock.

For those looking to give back to Texas and serve those in times of need, Join the Texas State Guard.
Locate a Recruiter http://www.gotxsg.com/join.php
JP171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:33 PM   #26
yamaR6281
i ride really slow

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
600rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwheelscamaro View Post
Ok, but I wouldn't even know where to start to remove the ignition set. Suckey part is I had 2 keys, 1 for ignition/seat and 1 for tank. Somebody told me to load the bike up (if possible since the front wheel is turned and locked) onto the truck and take it to the Reds Locksmith on 45 south at Broadway and see if they can do it. Anybody know anything about that locksmith. Long drive from Crosby, but need keys, gettn sick of seeing all the bikes out on the road and I ain't one of them, LOL.
taking it off is a piece of cake. just off the upper fairing. under the ignition is two screw.
yamaR6281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 03:00 PM   #27
Hotwheelscamaro

Bike(s):
10 HD Ultra Limited
Sold 01 ZX7
Sold 96 ZX6R
Sold 02 ZX6E

Well I got the seat key lock off and there is a # on the back but it is too faded to make out. Can't figure out how to even start to take apart the ignition set.
Old 05-01-2010, 03:42 PM   #28
Corona Busa
The Hooter Girls Like it!

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2001 Corona Hayabusa!

Dude go with Japawhat02...he hooked me up big time when my girl lost her only set of keys to her SUV! He came the house & made the keys right on the spot.
Dealership was going to rip her a new one...after they told her to have it towed to them!

541yl2v
Corona Busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 03:58 PM   #29
Hotwheelscamaro

Bike(s):
10 HD Ultra Limited
Sold 01 ZX7
Sold 96 ZX6R
Sold 02 ZX6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona Busa View Post
Dude go with Japawhat02...he hooked me up big time when my girl lost her only set of keys to her SUV! He came the house & made the keys right on the spot.
Dealership was going to rip her a new one...after they told her to have it towed to them!
I PM him twice but no reply yet.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:31 PM   #30
Hotwheelscamaro

Bike(s):
10 HD Ultra Limited
Sold 01 ZX7
Sold 96 ZX6R
Sold 02 ZX6E

Just an update, "Japawhat02" came out sunday night and cut me 2 sets of keys. Great job and great service too. Washed off the 3 months of dust and dead leaves, jumped started her and after awhile, she started to idle just right. Had to lube the chain and will chage the oil this weekend and she should be ready to run again. Thanks again Japawhat02. Saved me alot of money and inconvience too, thinks again.

Advertisement