MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related) > Stolen Bike Reports
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2010, 08:22 AM   #21
GrayJ
Do a barrel roll!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2004 SV650
1998 Shadow 1100
2005 CRF450R tard
2007 CRF50
Yamaha PW 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudBug View Post
From what I learned it's safer to keep a bike in a apartment parking lot. Also make sure you drop your insurance.
Seems to be the trend
GrayJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Don't be mad at the white people, be mad at the right people! RACER X The Circus 8 12-25-2013 10:21 AM
Some people... DLite General Discussion (Moto Related) 29 04-14-2012 09:53 AM
I'm one of those people... ecclissiass Off Topic 13 10-11-2011 02:57 PM
Some people cobrakiller02 Off Topic 3 01-07-2010 10:57 PM
Cool People Helping People jrock General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 06-04-2008 11:42 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-22-2010, 08:37 AM   #22
TomballD

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
DR350
XR50
TDub-200
XR100-Tarded
1981 XR80

El Palenque on 45 or 249?
Old 04-22-2010, 10:51 AM   #23
DrAwkwArD
Banned

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 9

User is banned

DrAwkwArD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 07:38 PM   #24
signpimp

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2002 klx110

Send a message via MSN to signpimp
That's not the easiest way for them to steal the bikes. I once knew a guy - behind bars now - that swiped a few bikes. He told me a few things that helped me know what to look for when people brought me parts to buy. I don't want to post it here, but It's good information.

First off, it's fairly easy for a good thief to break the handlebar lock. Secondly, they use special keys to turn the bike on. No damage to the ignition.

The safest thing for your bike. Lock it up inside if possible. If it's outside, lock up the rims somehow so you can't roll very far, better yet, lock the frame to something that is bolted down to the ground. Thieves are looking for easy pickings...
signpimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 08:16 PM   #25
peruvian

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki gsx-r600

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to peruvian
sketchy!!!!
Vortex Frame Sliders,Zero Gravity double bubble smoked windscreen.
peruvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 06:49 PM   #26
stumpykola

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
1998 s10 :( ineedmoney
2008 gsxr 600 (SOLD)
2009 ninja 250 (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAwkwArD View Post
If you know this then you have information about the stolen bikes (shady). You either need to be naming names in PMs to people who want to do something or quit posting about this. You will NOT make any friends doing this .

well i have been looking for parts for my bike, and there are some bike with nothing wrong with them being parted out. how is that shady?if im tellin you to look there then obviously im not shady. im not trying to make friends i really dont care what you think of me. im here cause i love riding my bike, and hate the fact that people who work hard have their taken from them. stealing a bike or a vehicle from a guy is like manrape.

criminals are who they choose to be, its a lifestyle choice that they made to become scum . these people need to be stopped. we have to band together be stealth like ninja and catch these foos. so your either part of the problem or part of the solution. you choose.
stumpykola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:28 PM   #27
Z1000
Z1K

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'10 Kawasaki Z1000
'03 Gixxer600 (sold)
'03 Harley Sportster (gave to bro)
pow pow powerwheels

Member Garage

Send a message via MSN to Z1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow View Post
O jeez. Why would you go posting a link to that thing?

Also, what was the point of this post? Yes we know people can come quick and take our bikes.

I say, NAMES OR BAN!
Reminds me of news and crime documenteries that explain on how the criminals could have gotten away with it, and that "law enforcement for lucky" kinda bullshit. While I work for a living, a lot of thieves got a lot of time to sit at home and learn.
Z1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:33 PM   #28
Z1000
Z1K

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'10 Kawasaki Z1000
'03 Gixxer600 (sold)
'03 Harley Sportster (gave to bro)
pow pow powerwheels

Member Garage

Send a message via MSN to Z1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by signpimp View Post
That's not the easiest way for them to steal the bikes. I once knew a guy - behind bars now - that swiped a few bikes. He told me a few things that helped me know what to look for when people brought me parts to buy. I don't want to post it here, but It's good information.

First off, it's fairly easy for a good thief to break the handlebar lock. Secondly, they use special keys to turn the bike on. No damage to the ignition.

The safest thing for your bike. Lock it up inside if possible. If it's outside, lock up the rims somehow so you can't roll very far, better yet, lock the frame to something that is bolted down to the ground. Thieves are looking for easy pickings...
A terminal switch is the best protection for the ones that own a "master" key. I had one for my car back in the day, they basicly disconnect/connect the battery power with a remote servo. Wheel lock to this addition would make any thief bark at the moon. Just keep your eyes open for suspecious people, either on the road steakin out your ride, or walking the streets at night.
Z1000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement