Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2010, 11:35 AM   #1
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Hare Scramble #3 Report - Shiloh Ridge

Ok, first things first....

HUGE thanks to Flyin' Duc (aka Ellis Performance) for all of his support. Maybe we should call him Ellis Racing...lol (JK Curt) He took care of my truck and motorcycle needs on Friday without hesitation...new shocks all the way around, oil change, and a leaky drive shaft seal I didn't know was leaking...while doing all of this, I stayed to the side and worked on my bike in his shop, using some of his tools and his knowledge. What a deal! He even loaned me his Honda XR70 so my wife could tool around the property while I raced and what not...thanks bud. You sir, are a class act.

Now to the good part....loaded up Friday evening so we could depart early Saturday morning....since practice doesn't start until 4:30 I took a detour and went and visited my pawpaw for a few hours....great visit, fishing ( Sun Perch stealing my bait)...with the weather looking all but great I was hesitant about using my new to me pop up camper...it held up like a champ, much better than a 9x9 tent.

Anyhow, did the practice session from 4:30 until dark....holy , lots of elevation changes! Uphill, downhill, uphill, downhill, uphill, downhill....you get the drift! Plenty of rock, tree roots, and tight woods too! This course was by far the best to date!!! It reminded me of Red River (where they hold the Redbull last man standing championship). So, after a good dinner Saturday evening @ the local seafood joint in Rusk, TX we headed back to our campsite... I slept like a champ...so much so, that I missed the riders meeting, raffle, and parade lap. Oh well, I was there to race! So, the siren sounds and peeps head to the start line...holy !!! 17 folks in my class?!?! This was gonna be awesome since the hole shot was all of 8-10 ft wide. I managed like a 7th or 8th starting position...I think. The race was intense, only three crashes on my part all race. Unfortunately, 2 of them were going uphill and the crash was caused b/c I lost momentum since there was a field of 5 or 6 bikes laying on the trail...it was like a dominoe effect. Talk about a workout...starting your bike on steep uphill, that'll take the breath out of you!

Managed a 6th place finish out of 17....not too shabby if you ask me. Weather held up to allow for all races to take place and plenty of fun to be had....the next 3 races are relatively close to Houston (within an hour or two, next month is in Huntsville I believe) so NO MORE EXCUSES! I wanna see some MH peeps come out, even if it's only for the Sunday morning race! I'll post up a thread and flyer when it becomes available...

here are the pics my wife took over the weekend. Check out the view we had from our "campsite".... And to all the "oh my Gosh, I can see your license plates now I no where you live" folks....come on by uninvited, I dare you. that's what insurance is for.

http://picasaweb.google.com/amanda.b...at=directlink#

ENJOY and thanks for reading!

DBuck

Last edited by dbuck; 04-19-2010 at 11:38 AM.
dbuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hare scramble race report from this weekend CarbonJames Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 0 02-18-2014 04:24 PM
Lap 1 at Shiloh Ridge last weekend with TXORR CarbonJames Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 2 06-24-2013 08:08 PM
Post Shiloh Ridge Race #7 dbuck Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 34 09-27-2010 11:18 PM
Hare Scramble #4 Report @ Outlaw Trax dbuck Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 35 08-20-2010 08:11 PM
My 2nd hare scramble event report... dbuck General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 03-23-2010 09:59 AM
Advertisement
Old 04-19-2010, 01:08 PM   #2
AJFLo

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50

Iím really happy for you and Iím going to let you finish but AJFlo is one of the baddest mother fockers of all time!!!
AJFLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 01:20 PM   #3
green88notch

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2009 KTM 300 XC

Send a message via AIM to green88notch
Thumbs up

I couldn't agree more. The course was amazing! By far the best we have raced to date.

Chris
Old 04-19-2010, 01:30 PM   #4
Falkryte
SBN Vag Inspector

Feedback Rating: (4)

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
ninja 650r
ttr 125
crf50
tarded450

Keep me posted on this . I will do one of these before the end of the year. wouldnt mind doing one next month. They have different classes for different sized engine right? I would be using navajibs 450. Trail riding is my bread and butter. Between the ages of 13 and 16 I rode near everyday in the mountains of west Pheonix, Az. I miss it so much. Texas aint got for trails compared to Arizona. But if a hare scramble is as close as I can get Ill take it.
Falkryte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 01:42 PM   #5
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

I'll keep you informed....classes aren't necessarily regulated by engine size...maybe for some, but not the classes I race (Open C and Open D, usually Open D). Open meaning any bike, any color, any age....They do have classes though based on engine size. Take a gander @ the link below.

I believe the #2 place guy in my class was a teenage kid riding a KTM SX85.

http://www.texasxtremeoffroadracing.com/classes.html
Old 04-19-2010, 01:46 PM   #6
Navajib

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Moto-in-a-Box (CRF450R Motard)
Some Dirties
WTB: Adv Moto!

Maybe I'll have my 250 equipped with knobbies as well.

Nice write-up and thanks for sharing! You got us excited about this!
Navajib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 01:56 PM   #7
green88notch

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2009 KTM 300 XC

Send a message via AIM to green88notch
There are no calsses based off the size of your bike in this series. There are classes based off your age and experience. That is it.

The next race is the weekend of May 22-23, at a place called Outlaw Trax in Huntsville, TX.

Hope to see you and many others from MH there!

Chris
Old 04-19-2010, 01:59 PM   #8
ileono918
On hiatus

Cool beans Danny. At the end fo the year, I want to compare racing cost with you.
ileono918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:03 PM   #9
dnix600

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 600

nice TR danny. shilohridge is my favorite off road park
dnix600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:08 PM   #10
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irak View Post
Cool beans Danny. At the end fo the year, I want to compare racing cost with you.
you'll have me beat...this weekend cost me a total of about $150....this includes gas to and from, entry fees, camping fee, and dinner for two at a seafood grill. I did put about $200 into the bike prior to the race, but it was maintenance stuff (chains, sprockets, brakes, header pipe, etc.) that won't need to be done every race.
Old 04-19-2010, 02:20 PM   #11
TxSandman
My backpacks got jets

Bike(s):
05 Buell XB12R, 07 KLR650

You're gonna love outlaw trax... the elevator drop, double dip and camel back got worked into the course for their last race.
TxSandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:24 PM   #12
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxSandman View Post
You're gonna love outlaw trax... the elevator drop, double dip and camel back got worked into the course for their last race.
you sir, need to schedule a vacation date and come race.
Old 04-19-2010, 02:31 PM   #13
ileono918
On hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
you'll have me beat...this weekend cost me a total of about $150....this includes gas to and from, entry fees, camping fee, and dinner for two at a seafood grill. I did put about $200 into the bike prior to the race, but it was maintenance stuff (chains, sprockets, brakes, header pipe, etc.) that won't need to be done every race.
your weekend racing budget, including maintenance, is lower than my weekend tire budget
ileono918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:45 PM   #14
FLYIN'DUC

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa

Thats awesome Danny, sounds like fun, and I,m glad to help anytime, the camper looks good opened up, hope your sweetie enjoyed riding Mattys old bike, she is welcome to it just about anytime, but I am still wondering how a goober like U wound u with a hottie like her
FLYIN'DUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 03:33 PM   #15
jrob
cheers

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
KTM 450 XC-F
DRZ 400 Kick/Motard Convert

Nice! Looks like a blast man. I wish I would have known! I will try to make the next one I can.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:54 PM   #16
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irak View Post
your weekend racing budget, including maintenance, is lower than my weekend tire budget
this is why I got out of trackdays (let alone racing), not to mention I only find about 1 weekend to ride anymore with this little side business I got going on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYIN'DUC View Post
Thats awesome Danny, sounds like fun, and I,m glad to help anytime, the camper looks good opened up, hope your sweetie enjoyed riding Mattys old bike, she is welcome to it just about anytime, but I am still wondering how a goober like U wound u with a hottie like her
She loved it!!! I kept telling her, you need something with a clutch and more torque...her response..." no, this is big enough and just enough fun for me." How I ended up with her still remains to be seen...I got lucky for sure....and she's cool too, even a sweeter deal! Thanks again Tim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrob View Post
Nice! Looks like a blast man. I wish I would have known! I will try to make the next one I can.
Please do, I know Otis would appreciate seeing more people @ the race line.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:40 PM   #17
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Next month is in Huntsville? Wonder if I can compete on my RMZ450? What all do I need to do to register if so?
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 04:42 PM   #18
Navajib

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Moto-in-a-Box (CRF450R Motard)
Some Dirties
WTB: Adv Moto!

I'll say its a 90% go for May's date for us.
At least one of us will ride.
Navajib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 04:44 PM   #19
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
Next month is in Huntsville? Wonder if I can compete on my RMZ450? What all do I need to do to register if so?

you can compete on whatever the you want as I know it....stay tuned for a Race #4 Flyer thread in the upcoming days.

All you need is a bike, some gear, a one time $20 annual registration fee and then $50 for the race itself. Outlaw Trax may charge like a $10 fee to get in and stay overnight....not sure on that part though.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:46 PM   #20
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

If you all have specific questions, you can sign up on the main page under the forum link to post your questions or visit the subforum on the TON forum (Texas OffRoad Network). or I can answer them...I just pay @ the event...no need to prepay.

http://www.texasxtremeoffroadracing....ge/7370235.htm

Advertisement