MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2010, 10:03 PM   #101
clinttoney
Zippy-the-Scootmaster

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2012 Ninja ZX1400R
2001 KAWA NINJA 600
2004 SUZUKI SV1000
1981 HONDA ODYSEE
1985 BMX

Member Garage

cops?

suck!
clinttoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Deal on HELMET Cam. Eddy.T General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 10-28-2011 10:23 AM
cool helmet cam RACER X Off Topic 2 02-12-2009 04:47 PM
Helmet Cam specterunseen General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 11-13-2008 09:56 PM
how to:make your own helmet cam. Charliebrown How To's and Q & A's 10 09-24-2007 07:08 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-19-2010, 10:06 PM   #102
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

great 2nd post

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:07 PM   #103
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

you related to doug toney?

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:26 PM   #104
Mark06gsxr
Let 'er eat

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
06/09 hybrid gsxr 750
'08 Duc' 848(sold)
'06 Gsxr 1000(sold)
'02 954rr(sold)

If the guy ran would he given the officer justification to shoot? I mean after all he was threatened by the guy backing up.. what about forward? I think in this situation I would have been caught off guard as bad as the guy was. After seeing this I know for sure that I would never stop if an unmarked car tried to box me in like that. If he did try to take me off the bike, well lets just say the icon gloves I have are not forgiving. That guy shoulda had his badge in hand flashing it before the gun. I mean really, if he did shoot the guy his career would be over. The rider offered no visible threat to the officer. Didnt even take his hands off the bars that I could see.
Mark06gsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:31 PM   #105
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

not all cops are bad, but the one that act like this fking hole are the one that make people not liked them. i've run into police looking at me when i pop a wheelie and all they tell me is slow down son! but then i run into the holes that pull me over just to give me a fking ticket and not knowing how fast i was going and not clocking me in with his radar but wants to be that "guy" that thinks that he's better than everyone because he's a police officer! fked that !!!!! sometimes i wanna give them a run for their money and chase me, but then again (its just a kid on a bike) and its not worth it. ((one tip i do wanna give to the new guys riding)) IF THE POLICE OFFICER ASK YOU " DO YOU KNOW HOW FAST YOU WERE GOING" THEN TELL HIM THE SPEED LIMIT, IF HE SAID "NO YOU WEREN'T" THEN TELL HIM TO SHOW YOU HOW FAST YOU WERE GOING. YOU HAVE ALL THE RIGHT TO KNOW. DONT BE LIKE ME
i got pulled over going to work, the police officer pulled me over, i must of been doing 57 on 45 with out know how fast i was really going, so the officer gets out of his car and ask me how fast i was going so i told him i did not know because i was just riding to work, so he went back to his car and then comes out and tells me to sing the ticket, and i was like "is this a ticket officer??" he said yes! so i was like for what?? he said for doing 65 mph on a 45 mph......
so dont ever tell them you dont know how fast you were going. i wish i knew this, now im going to court tomorrow! its different when they come out and say why are you speeding sir??
floyd600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:37 PM   #106
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
Glad it aint a law in Texas. Or is it? ...hope it aint.

!! that's the best you tube video!! i like the guy in front tells the cop " we just cruise" who does it on a sport bike??
Old 04-19-2010, 11:01 PM   #107
brandontx

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F

If someone cuts you off and jumps out of their car with a gun...smash that mother f*****. It's you or him. You can either go home or die. That's the human response for self preservation. That cop is lucky. I would have buried a fresh Pirelli in his dome. If a cop pulls out a gun and tells me to get off my bike then by all mean I will get the F*** off my bike and say i'm sorry even if I didn't do anything. But if some random dude pulls out a gun and tells me to get off my bike then it's...die b**** die.
brandontx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:06 PM   #108
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandontx View Post
If someone cuts you off and jumps out of their car with a gun...smash that mother f*****. It's you or him. You can either go home or die. That's the human response for self preservation. That cop is lucky. I would have buried a fresh Pirelli in his dome. If a cop pulls out a gun and tells me to get off my bike then by all mean I will get the F*** off my bike and say i'm sorry even if I didn't do anything. But if some random dude pulls out a gun and tells me to get off my bike then it's...die b**** die.
:r ofl:

so he got charged with felony because he got the police officer in front of him on the camera but..... dont the police cars are always recording when they pull you over???
Old 04-19-2010, 11:11 PM   #109
Alstare_Gixxer
Crash Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoomByU View Post
Can you positively ID someone wearing a helmet?
Same way that works for red light camera...holding the owner of the bike responsible til he/she proves that's he/she is not the one riding at that time
Alstare_Gixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:39 PM   #110
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd600 View Post
not all cops are bad, but the one that act like this fking hole are the one that make people not liked them. i've run into police looking at me when i pop a wheelie and all they tell me is slow down son! but then i run into the holes that pull me over just to give me a fking ticket and not knowing how fast i was going and not clocking me in with his radar but wants to be that "guy" that thinks that he's better than everyone because he's a police officer! fked that !!!!! sometimes i wanna give them a run for their money and chase me, but then again (its just a kid on a bike) and its not worth it. ((one tip i do wanna give to the new guys riding)) IF THE POLICE OFFICER ASK YOU " DO YOU KNOW HOW FAST YOU WERE GOING" THEN TELL HIM THE SPEED LIMIT, IF HE SAID "NO YOU WEREN'T" THEN TELL HIM TO SHOW YOU HOW FAST YOU WERE GOING. YOU HAVE ALL THE RIGHT TO KNOW. DONT BE LIKE ME
i got pulled over going to work, the police officer pulled me over, i must of been doing 57 on 45 with out know how fast i was really going, so the officer gets out of his car and ask me how fast i was going so i told him i did not know because i was just riding to work, so he went back to his car and then comes out and tells me to sing the ticket, and i was like "is this a ticket officer??" he said yes! so i was like for what?? he said for doing 65 mph on a 45 mph......
so dont ever tell them you dont know how fast you were going. i wish i knew this, now im going to court tomorrow! its different when they come out and say why are you speeding sir??
Lot easier if you don't get pulled over in the first place...
Old 04-19-2010, 11:43 PM   #111
ANTISOCIAL

Bike(s):
05 cbr 600 rr

Send a message via AIM to ANTISOCIAL
maybe a sticker that read's "you are being recorded" on your helmet would make it legal .
Old 04-19-2010, 11:51 PM   #112
Ares

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
Z-rex ZRX1200r
Ninjette 250ex - SOLD :'|
Blondie ZX6R - SOLD :'|

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANTISOCIAL View Post
maybe a sticker that read's "you are being recorded" on your helmet would make it legal .
Thats what Im doing on mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
I got the hint and dropped to the back of the ranks just in front of Ares, who btw rocks the outta that 250.
Ares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:01 AM   #113
mr.haterz
SW squidbillies

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
01 F4i krunchy piece
99 z50r stock
96 z50r
03 xr50 108cc

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to mr.haterz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANTISOCIAL View Post
Old 04-20-2010, 02:08 AM   #114
mammothmc

If you watch the 3min video of him riding before the stop, the off duty is the very last car he passes before taking the exit.

To me that changes everything.

The only thing the guy saw was the rider doing maybe 10 over.......no wheelies, no triple digits. Yeah that warrants pulling a super trooper move with a gun out......NOT. Even the marked car didn't have its lights on when it pulled up a few seconds later. The guy wasn't running period. I wanna this cop jump out at redlight & try to run up to somebodys car to get them for speeding......I hope he gets run the F*** over.
mammothmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 02:16 AM   #115
mammothmc

Funny thing is we had something similiar happen in College Station once. 2am & the redlight wouldn't change. It skipped us until bikes were about to overheat. My friend looked both ways & proceeded like it was a stop sign........LEGAL if you have reason to believe a light is malfunctioning. Off duty cop sees it & follows us all the way home. Almost runs us off the road & then gets out drunk to flash a badge & make us wait for the marked car to come write the ticket on something they didn't witness.

College Station.......check your civil rights at the city limits.
mammothmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 06:38 AM   #116
ThomasNinja650
SSG Coleman

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammothmc View Post
Funny thing is we had something similiar happen in College Station once. 2am & the redlight wouldn't change. It skipped us until bikes were about to overheat. My friend looked both ways & proceeded like it was a stop sign........LEGAL if you have reason to believe a light is malfunctioning. Off duty cop sees it & follows us all the way home. Almost runs us off the road & then gets out drunk to flash a badge & make us wait for the marked car to come write the ticket on something they didn't witness.

College Station.......check your civil rights at the city limits.
Sorry but CS pretty much does what it wants. They seem more concerned with harassing students around NorthGate.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:13 AM   #117
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
Lot easier if you don't get pulled over in the first place...
Who doesn't get pulled over now a days???
Old 04-20-2010, 09:36 AM   #118
GAU-8
official thread ender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammothmc View Post
If you watch the 3min video of him riding before the stop, the off duty is the very last car he passes before taking the exit. .
incorrect.

the off duty officer is the VERY FIRST car he passes in the video ( he is to the left of the bus) when doing the wheelie.

the car you ID as the off dutty officer..
1.doesnt have a chrome strip across the back of the trunk- officer has the chrome strip
2. has a red reflector near the tailights on the rear quarter panel. - officer has no reflector
3.gas tank filler is on the left hand side - officers is on right
4.no red sticker on top of the trunk. - officer has red sticker on trunk lid.

Last edited by GAU-8; 04-20-2010 at 09:40 AM.
GAU-8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 10:24 AM   #119
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAU-8 View Post
incorrect.

the off duty officer is the VERY FIRST car he passes in the video ( he is to the left of the bus) when doing the wheelie.

the car you ID as the off dutty officer..
1.doesnt have a chrome strip across the back of the trunk- officer has the chrome strip
2. has a red reflector near the tailights on the rear quarter panel. - officer has no reflector
3.gas tank filler is on the left hand side - officers is on right
4.no red sticker on top of the trunk. - officer has red sticker on trunk lid.
I thought the same thing....it's also apparant he isn't running since he only has one hand on the bars during portions of his 3 min. ride. Although there may be some BS law like this one (no videotaping without consent yada yada) that would peg him for inproper body position or something.
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 10:35 AM   #120
MACK
I'm voice activated

Bike(s):
'03 Honda CBR 954RR Fireblade
'03 Yamaha Zuma 50
'03 Hoe owne 24...biach
and your maum'z!!!