MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2010, 05:02 PM   #41
crzy88
Senior Member
 
crzy88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: TX
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 465


Bike(s):
2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX636









dang why does the bad weather/looks bad weather always come out on the weekend?!
crzy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Noob-ish Ride, Saturday, 9-24-2011 EMTAggie Events, Meets and Rides 31 09-25-2011 10:25 PM
Last Minute Adventure Through Livingston Saturday 9/24/11 novajess1972 Events, Meets and Rides 15 09-24-2011 01:49 AM
N Saturday Reverse Forest Ride 9/24/11 ThomAss Events, Meets and Rides 0 09-22-2011 08:59 AM
Secret Forest Ride Saturday Dec 11 KSU 945-Moderate Ride Starting in Katy Rykoson Events, Meets and Rides 32 12-12-2010 03:05 AM
Saturday March 24 1FastMF Events, Meets and Rides 0 03-23-2007 05:48 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-21-2010, 07:02 PM   #42
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!
 
floyd600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Missouri city
Feedback Rating: (8)
Posts: 7,235

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP








yo!!! if i see any rain on the radar, IM OUT! sorry but i dont wanna get wed like las sunday when the cold front came in. i was down riding brookshire and i got my a$$ really wed and i dont like getting my bike dirty ether. sucks cleaning after all the dirty water and clean the chain (too much to deal with) but come out sunday!!!!
floyd600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 08:49 PM   #43
K UU G
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: North
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 117

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
6 3 6









hoping the rain isn't too bad, ive been looking forward too this one. not only for the track part but to meet new people too.

but unfortunately if the rain is bad i will be out too; just dont feel like riding all the way up north soaking
__________________
http://www.motohouston.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic3543_1.gif
K UU G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 04:45 AM   #44
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,292

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Right now weather.com says 30% chance of rain so that means 70% chance of dry Positive thoughts

1. Bevo
2. floyd600
3. Tri
4. Horn09
5. HoustonRepsol & plus1
6. Mr. Lee
7. viper3ez (maybe) +1
8. duc
9. Moc05
10. chaunceyr6
11. Versatile337
12. Ares
13. K UU G +1
14. crzy88 (fo realz this time)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 04:59 AM   #45
Cornerjunkie
Route Master Protege'
 
Cornerjunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hero Hill
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,210

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
05 Yamaha R6 (Fully Blown Out)
Track bike Gsxr750 (working on it)








Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
We'll see
Yup, it suppose to rain Fri & Sat.
Cornerjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 05:20 AM   #46
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,292

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerjunkie View Post
Yup, it suppose to rain Fri & Sat.
Will all of Houston get rain? Will it rain in Hitchcock on Saturday?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:21 AM   #47
Tri
Senior Member
 
Tri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Arctic North
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 700

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2009 R6
2005 R6 - Sold :*[








Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Will all of Houston get rain? Will it rain in Hitchcock on Saturday?
Accuweather is showing Hitchcock with only have AM showers until about 9-10am.
Clicky Here

Weather.com shows 50% rain until 9am. They have no details beyond that.
Clicky this one
__________________
YuT uGhhh

Tri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:33 AM   #48
Moc05
Safety Third
 
Moc05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: North Houston
Feedback Rating: (10)
Posts: 1,339

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 ZZR600(Sold)
2008 ZX-10R(Stolen)
2014 Honda Grom


Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to Moc05 Send a message via Yahoo to Moc05
Should have a GoPro later today, if it clears up i'll have it out there
__________________
Moc05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:54 AM   #49
Versatile337
They call me V or Franco
 
Versatile337's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,120

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2009 GSX-R 750 (Blk/Matte Blk)




Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by Moc05 View Post
Should have a GoPro later today, if it clears up i'll have it out there
follow the black 09 gixxer
Versatile337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 12:04 PM   #50
Tri
Senior Member
 
Tri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Arctic North
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 700

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2009 R6
2005 R6 - Sold :*[








Quote:
Originally Posted by Moc05 View Post
Should have a GoPro later today, if it clears up i'll have it out there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile337 View Post
follow the black 09 gixxer
dont follow the white r6. it'll be the most boring video.
__________________
YuT uGhhh

Tri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 01:16 PM   #51
Moc05
Safety Third
 
Moc05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: North Houston
Feedback Rating: (10)
Posts: 1,339

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 ZZR600(Sold)
2008 ZX-10R(Stolen)
2014 Honda Grom


Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to Moc05 Send a message via Yahoo to Moc05
I'll have it on my tail, facing back
__________________
Moc05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 06:23 PM   #52
ZaXoS
Senior Member
 
ZaXoS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 397

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
R1100S
GSX-R
VFR 750
Africa Twin (XRV-750)
CB750-k1






New to Houston, but I'd like to join you guys.
How does the track look? Circuit layout? How many laps do we get for free? Intermediate pace? Any prep on the bikes needed? Mirrors lights? If you ride first, do you do that on the track then?

thanks
__________________
ZaXoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 06:34 PM   #53
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,292

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaXoS View Post
New to Houston, but I'd like to join you guys.
How does the track look? Circuit layout? How many laps do we get for free? Intermediate pace? Any prep on the bikes needed? Mirrors lights? If you ride first, do you do that on the track then?

thanks
www.grandsportspeedway.com

How many laps depends on the group. If everyone follows the rules we may get an extended session. If rules are broken then the session ends and the group must exit the track. Tim (Godsuki) will go over this at the track.

Since we're only doing Parade Laps during the lunch break for the track day riders, no bike prep is necessary. Just make sure it's not leaking any fluids and your tires are in good shape.

Link for Track Day info
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 06:43 PM   #54
AggieCBR
The token aggie
 
AggieCBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atascocita
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 320

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
04 CRF 50
08 CBR600RR (Graffiti Edition)-SOLD








Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Right now weather.com says 30% chance of rain so that means 70% chance of dry Positive thoughts
30% chance of rain in Houston means it's probably gonna rain. Weathermen are 99% correct 1% of the time, true story....
__________________
Thanks, Whoop, and Gig 'Em......FTAC '05

RIP Coachdave - April 5,2009
Coachdave passed me on the left
AggieCBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 07:00 PM   #55
ZaXoS
Senior Member
 
ZaXoS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 397

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
R1100S
GSX-R
VFR 750
Africa Twin (XRV-750)
CB750-k1






Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
www.grandsportspeedway.com

How many laps depends on the group. If everyone follows the rules we may get an extended session. If rules are broken then the session ends and the group must exit the track. Tim (Godsuki) will go over this at the track.

Since we're only doing Parade Laps during the lunch break for the track day riders, no bike prep is necessary. Just make sure it's not leaking any fluids and your tires are in good shape.

Link for Track Day info
Sounds great
So we are talking 30 minutes, so maybe 10 laps max if it all goes well with the rules.
So will the pace allowed be slower than a novice group? Or will they let people ride their comfort zone speed?

Sounds like a good opportunity to see some tracks in Texas and make some friends
Count me in !
__________________
ZaXoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 07:04 PM   #56
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,292

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaXoS View Post
Sounds great
So we are talking 30 minutes, so maybe 10 laps max if it all goes well with the rules.
So will the pace allowed be slower than a novice group? Or will they let people ride their comfort zone speed?

Sounds like a good opportunity to see some tracks in Texas and make some friends
Count me in !
No, track day sessions are 20 minutes. Parade Laps are meant as an introduction to the track. PM Godsuki for more info as I don't want to speak for him
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 07:54 PM   #57
clinttoney
Zippy-the-Scootmaster
 
clinttoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: THIRD BIGGEST HOLE ON THE MOON
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 162

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2012 Ninja ZX1400R
2001 KAWA NINJA 600
2004 SUZUKI SV1000
1981 HONDA ODYSEE
1985 BMX

Member Garage





im in

i AM DOWN! LOUD NOISES!
clinttoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 08:32 PM   #58
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,292

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





1. Bevo
2. floyd600
3. Tri
4. Horn09
5. HoustonRepsol & plus1
6. Mr. Lee
7. viper3ez (maybe) +1
8. duc
9. Moc05
10. chaunceyr6
11. Versatile337
12. Ares
13. K UU G +1
14. crzy88 (fo realz this time)
15. ZaXoS
16. clinttoney
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 08:55 PM   #59
Ares
Senior Member
 
Ares's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sweetland
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 2,501

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
Z-rex ZRX1200r
Ninjette 250ex - SOLD :'|
Blondie ZX6R - SOLD :'|







Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile337 View Post
follow the black 09 gixxer
you need to vid me on blondie!
__________________
RIP Rocky Umali & blue 04 r6
Watch over us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
I got the hint and dropped to the back of the ranks just in front of Ares, who btw rocks the outta that 250.
Ares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:17 PM   #60
Johnny77423
Obnoxiously Loud Guy
 
Johnny77423's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: racer's road
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 385

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Scooter
Moped
Tricycle
rzr






OMG!!! REALY!?!?!?!?

Bevo... if I didn't have to study this weekend I'd be SOOO on this like a fat kid on a donut... But I have 3 heavy-duty exams starting Monday...


You mentioned something about another one of these in May... right??? If It's mid-may, Bro.. I'm there (!!!) ... go ahead and pencil me in now. LOL


Johnny (the slow guy on the blue thing)
__________________
My life in 3 words...
Live, Laugh, and Love ...
Why??? Because my meds havn't worn off yet...
Johnny77423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:29 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy