MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2010, 11:49 AM   #521
PYROBUG51
GMFS Racing

Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 750 Track
06 R6 Track

04 ZX6RR NINJA (STOLEN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper3ez View Post
you are right sir. and i'm in debating mode, not that i care about either riders as they both made their choices.

i just think dude has taken it really personal going as far as speculating about hand signal use. and apparenttly i'm going the same route speculating about an agreement about whetehr to run or not.

which leads us back to both guys.

if Dustin was upstanding, why did he agree to run with the other dude? did he know the bike was stolen?

last week, we went for a ride and a few guys were seasoned riders and they took off, i took off behind them but after getting a feel for the speed they were going, i slowed my down and lost them. had to go on a different route i was familiar with.

so what happened to common sense, simple logic and the ability to think?

i am speculating but i'ld say they Dustin was not much oof an angel so its not reasonable to blame Jeremy for his actions.

i'm not talking legal here, i'm talking moral or logical or what hav you.

we all have brains and you'ld think the self preservation circuit in our system would let a novice know it s a bad idea to run with a far better rider.
You dont want me to speculate dont you do it HYPOCRITE
And if you read a few pages back a thread in houston-imports said the dustin was a thief and stole from him....its back there a few pages...but those who run know what hand signals are used
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cop rear ends rider, then BLAMES the rider CTtriple General Discussion (Moto Related) 76 11-06-2013 10:09 AM
Rider hit by other rider - Video Inside Neon Samurai General Discussion (Moto Related) 52 07-31-2012 03:42 PM
Rider and co-rider down 290E & Barker Cypress jimrad General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 04-17-2011 12:17 AM
Rider Down on 242, report says inexperienced rider Davekg General Discussion (Moto Related) 94 03-24-2011 07:11 PM
Rider to Passenger/Other Rider Communication Pyrofallout General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 02-22-2008 09:38 AM
Advertisement
Old 04-14-2010, 11:51 AM   #522
eltejano
I smell pretty

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Are you fukin serious?? What a motherfuking wad. Just a matter if time til one of the dickheads kills a family with children or something bad like that then we will see the that rains down on everyone on two wheels.
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
tejano? Rape me
Old 04-14-2010, 11:57 AM   #523
chasee69
ballin' outta control!

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
CRF 50

im going to agree with the part that they might be able to charge slowback with manslaughter.

ive heard multiple stories of people street racing in cars and one car will get in an accident and the person die. They charge the driver of the other car with manslaughter. You can say that Driver A didn't force Driver B to race nor did he have control of Driver B's car when he crashed and died. In my mind i can see where this sort of thing relates to 2 people fleeing, but we can all just wait and see

ducatisignature
Old 04-14-2010, 11:58 AM   #524
viper3ez
Hello, My Name Is Nuvie

Experience: 1-3 months

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to viper3ez Send a message via MSN to viper3ez Send a message via Yahoo to viper3ez Send a message via Skype™ to viper3ez
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROBUG51 View Post
What do you do when you see a COP?slow ddown if i'm speeding
What do you do when to slow down?whatever that means, i'm assuming you asking what i do to slow down and answer is i use my brakes
What do you do when you see debris in the road?i avoid them

YOU USE HAND SIGNALSno i dont usually becaause my blinkers and my brakelights work....So if you were gonna run from the cops what hand signal might that BE? you must know something about running from cops that i dont. i'll assume someone running from a cop is not worried about safety hand signals and secondly, they would want to maximize their chances of getting away and throwing a birdie at the cop who has a car to ram you to a stop and get away with it is not really maximizing your chancess of getting away.

Thats right you guessed it....I am not a judge or making this personal...Im simply have a conversation on the internet...You dont know me and I dont know you...We all have differances in Opinions and thats the beauty of this country! I said IF THEY HAD USED GESTURES OR HAND SIGNALS then yes he probably could be held liable in a civil suit..I didnt go to LAW school but I'd like to think Im semi Intelligent! I agree with everthing you say But I disagree with you and you think I AM WRONG I told you I'll agree with you but you say I should go to Hollywood! So whos making it personal! Just dont disagree with me and I wont agree with you
we can go on all day creating steven spielberg movie scenes in your head but it does not change anything.

you win. i''m done
Old 04-14-2010, 12:01 PM   #525
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
last week, we went for a ride and a few guys were seasoned riders and they took off, i took off behind them but after getting a feel for the speed they were going, i slowed my down and lost them. had to go on a different route i was familiar with.

so what happened to common sense, simple logic and the ability to think?

i am speculating but i'ld say they Dustin was not much oof an angel so its not reasonable to blame Jeremy for his actions.

i'm not talking legal here, i'm talking moral or logical or what hav you.

we all have brains and you'ld think the self preservation circuit in our system would let a novice know it s a bad idea to run with a far better rider
Seriously, spend more time on this forum and you'll find the answer to that... short of it, too many of the kids don't think. we can look at Slo's own commentary in his history on his forum and see that...and in many of the other accidents reported on this site.

I'm not gonna touch on the stolen bike aspect, I do find..someone claiming to have had 30 bikes in the space of 5 years highly questionable. Someone else mentioned an inheritance, which is feasable(sp?, but even that and much of what he's said or claimed had to make any intelligent individual wonder wtf.

....or to quote a comment a grand-aunt made once, about a cousin of myne that was strikingly similar in behaviour. 'If that boy had a brain, he'd play with it'.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:06 PM   #526
viper3ez
Hello, My Name Is Nuvie

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to viper3ez Send a message via MSN to viper3ez Send a message via Yahoo to viper3ez Send a message via Skype™ to viper3ez
i wonder if Jeremy needs to sell his vette for some legal or bail fees.

i could use a 800hp vette.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:07 PM   #527
Lilrowdy1
High Class Hoodrat

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 GSXR - 600 THANK YOU GEORGE :)

Send a message via AIM to Lilrowdy1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
I didn't know he was a thief....nor did I know there were allegations as such....but from what I've read here, some people knew his position and looked past it...b/c it wasn't their problem nor was it their bike missing.

YUP.

Frack that guy in the with no loob. He left his "friend" for dead. I agree 110% with DVLracer. George and I saw him getting arrested, we just happened to be pulling up to the light when he was still trying to be billy frackin bad and fighting the cops. Fukin Idiot.

For the record....My muscles are way bigger then Cali's......true story.
I am an equal opportunity annoyer
Old 04-14-2010, 12:13 PM   #528
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

If a suit is filed and sloblack is found liable get the ready yall. Cuz u lead a ride and someone dies....you're liable. Because now all of a sudden one guy is responsible for others.

That's about in line with suing mcdonalds for serving hot coffee.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:18 PM   #529
logan5

Bike(s):
2001 SV 650 (my track ), 2005 SV 650s

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
If a suit is filed and sloblack is found liable get the ready yall. Cuz u lead a ride and someone dies....you're liable. Because now all of a sudden one guy is responsible for others.

I think, only if the ride in question becomes an illegal act. If you partake in the commission of a crime and in that act a person dies, you can be charged for murder.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:18 PM   #530
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
How about this... :-)

They were riding together, as has been provided by others, reputedly slowback05 is a 'good' (cough) streetrider, Dustin had not had hits bike long and possibly of less skill/ability.

(shrug) as I pointed out earlier.. two guys break into a house, 1 gets shot and killed the other is held responsible. They were two people with individuals brains...capable of independent thought and making their own choices.

p.s...and how do you know, that they did not agree to 'run' if they encountered police prior to the ride? (we don't know if they did, or didn't...just addressing a specific point of your commentary).
This whole deal reads more like one broke into one house and the other hit one down the street. One get shot and one gets caught.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:19 PM   #531
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:

How many people drink coffee hot enough to cook with? I know I sure as don't...

I've got news for you, your little scenario about rides is already a possibility
and always has been nothing dependent on 'slo'.

Key differences here though...

The 'groups' weren't running from the cops, and the groups don't choose to leave a rider that goes down alone.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:19 PM   #532
JetG

Quote:

"IF" I am not mistaken it has been done, not sure if someone was killed on the ride or not. I heard of people putting together rides and just stating in the beginning that each are responsible for there own ride. Then at least you have witnesses that you are not responsible for anyone and everyone is responsible for there own ride.

As stated just something that I have heard that has happened. If I am not mistaken it was here in houston also
Old 04-14-2010, 12:21 PM   #533
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpat728 View Post
this "rider down" RIP thread went to
It's a rider down thread, not a rip thread... hence the 'Rider down' and no 'rip' in the title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
This whole deal reads more like one broke into one house and the other hit one down the street. One get shot and one gets caught.
Not if you base it on the news report... and until we can see a copy of the police report or case documents. <shrug>
Old 04-14-2010, 12:23 PM   #534
cdill35

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Well, then cali ought to be in jail cuz he has led more noobs into ditches than anyone in history!

Kiddin, I love my fellow FG.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:24 PM   #535
AJFLo

Feedback Rating: (8)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50

Quote:
It's a rider down thread, not a rip thread... hence the 'Rider down' and no 'rip' in the title.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownStunta View Post
this is more than a rider down thread now... how i change the title?
Im really happy for you and Im going to let you finish but AJFlo is one of the baddest mother fockers of all time!!!
Old 04-14-2010, 12:26 PM   #536
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Well, then cali ought to be in jail cuz he has led more noobs into ditches than anyone in history!
That's just wrong
Old 04-14-2010, 12:28 PM   #537
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
"IF" I am not mistaken it has been done, not sure if someone was killed on the ride or not. I heard of people putting together rides and just stating in the beginning that each are responsible for there own ride. Then at least you have witnesses that you are not responsible for anyone and everyone is responsible for there own ride.

As stated just something that I have heard that has happened. If I am not mistaken it was here in houston also
+1

i think it was in austin.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
Old 04-14-2010, 12:36 PM   #538
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Quote:

Kiddin, I love my fellow FG.
Dam! I've been avoiding this thread, I click on the last page and see this!!!!

that's funny.

I should be locked up for several other reasons as well mainly stupidity
Old 04-14-2010, 12:39 PM   #539
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
And Im only up to like 50 some peeps btw!

Darwinism at its finest.... JK.... Only one person in the noob group had ever gone down, slid out infront of a car. Got up and kept going. 2 went off the road then back on.

The other groups, nearly all admit its because they went over their ego and shouldnt had been there. I think the fastest groups had next to no wrecks either, since the riders themselves would only push it if they were w other peeps they knew and trusted.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:41 PM   #540
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

Quote:
Not if you base it on the news report... and until we can see a copy of the police report or case documents. <shrug>
My first post in this thread, because its something I can speak to as fact:

Section 552.108(a)(1) of the [Texas] Gov't Code will prevent the complete report from being disclosed to the public, as the investigation is pending. Won't be available for public consumption until the case has been closed. The department must release the basic, "front page" information, though.
But, go ahead and file an Open Records Request with the Mont.CoSO. At least Ill get to read it.

Khaki shirt.

Last edited by less_than_coop; 04-14-2010 at 12:44 PM.
Closed Thread

Advertisement