MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2010, 09:23 AM   #481
jgixer

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

99 zx9

they were in commsion of a felony, his bond is 80 grand they obviously charged him already for manslaughter
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cop rear ends rider, then BLAMES the rider CTtriple General Discussion (Moto Related) 76 11-06-2013 10:09 AM
Rider hit by other rider - Video Inside Neon Samurai General Discussion (Moto Related) 52 07-31-2012 03:42 PM
Rider and co-rider down 290E & Barker Cypress jimrad General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 04-17-2011 12:17 AM
Rider Down on 242, report says inexperienced rider Davekg General Discussion (Moto Related) 94 03-24-2011 07:11 PM
Rider to Passenger/Other Rider Communication Pyrofallout General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 02-22-2008 09:38 AM
Advertisement
Old 04-14-2010, 09:35 AM   #482
bluewave18
Safety Third

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgixer View Post
they were in commsion of a felony, his bond is 80 grand they obviously charged him already for manslaughter
Your kidding right? My first offense on an assault charge was 50,000.00. Your a fool if your thinking its an obvious mans. charge.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:39 AM   #483
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
It's been applied before with other crimes... 2 people rob a store or home, owner shoots and kill's one... the first robber is charged with the death of his cohort.
True. But evading is a state jail felony. Robbery isnt. I am pretty sure alot depends on the level of crime being committed. We're just arm chair lawyering here though. Passin time. I really dont know.

Quote:

Wrong again, John.

Quote:
19.04. MANSLAUGHTER. (a) A person commits an offense
if he recklessly causes the death of an individual.
(b) An offense under this section is a felony of the second
degree.
Wanna explain how HE recklessly caused the death of an individual? Thats whats wrong with America these days, no one wants to take responsibility for their own actions. Always wanting to place the blame on others....or suspension or something.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:44 AM   #484
JetG

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
Your kidding right? My first offense on an assault charge was 50,000.00. Your a fool if your thinking its an obvious mans. charge.
+1, bond is not indicative of the charge per-say. I would bet it is due to him being on probation. I have know someone that was on probation and picked up 3 misd charges and the bond was maxed out at 25K a charge. Being the full bond on all was 75K and none where felony charges. I also know this same person at one point had a no bond on something and then reduced to 1mil.

In the end of all this it is just a messed up situation on either end of this whole deal. Just very sad for all, and for my statement yesterday about friends taking up for the guy with a "stolen" bike, I was not talking about just aquaintences and people that you just happen to have ridden with, if that was the case we probably are all guilty of riding with someone that was not always on the up and up. My referrence was for people that actually went to this guys house and knew him for years on end and knew if he was a thief. I do appologize to anyone that took offense to what I said and took it wrong. I just hope that we all can learn a thing or two from this, and in the end eventually we will know the outcome of the situation in a year or so.

Old 04-14-2010, 09:53 AM   #485
1FC
380 Racing & Paint

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
GSXR
GSXR
GSXR
GSXR

Believe me the DA is going to throw the book at him, whatever they can stick to him they will.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:12 AM   #486
PYROBUG51
GMFS Racing

Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 750 Track
06 R6 Track

04 ZX6RR NINJA (STOLEN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomballD View Post
haha Pyrobug was going to Hobby Lobby!! Hopefully it was 50% off what you were going for! This thread will be splendid once Jeremy comes in and has his 2 line say of the matter.
I WAS and ACTUALLY 40 percent off Im working on some rhinestone Chaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
Wanna explain how HE recklessly caused the death of an individual? Thats whats wrong with America these days, no one wants to take responsibility for their own actions. Always wanting to place the blame on others....or suspension or something.
Cdill so then we can go back to he was a dumbass for running!
Either he was a good guy, he got mixed into the wrong crowd, Accidents happen! OR He was a dumbass for running!
RIP to the Fallen But, you can t have your cake and Eat it too

I think Manslughter they decided to ride together and they both decided to run together...the video says they turned around when they saw the officers...lets see in court if one of them used hand signals to beat the law! That would mean they were in it together and if that is proven Manslaughter it is!

Last edited by PYROBUG51; 04-14-2010 at 10:15 AM.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:17 AM   #487
eltejano
I smell pretty

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track

After reading a lot of this thread, it has become obvious that members are split on this.

His friends are defending him and seems that they want him to walk and all be forgiven, while a lot want him to get slapped with some heavy charges or even rot in jail for this.

So far no one here is a lawyer and laws have been posted and no one seems quyite sure how to interpret them.

We will see what happens.

I, myself, dont want anyone to rot in jail forever but this guy needs to face up to some music. I am sure he is a cool guy and is a skilled rider from all the praises I have heard about him from those who know him.

I just wonder if these feelings about him were the same had the person that died been his defender's son, brother or father. I know he didnt kill him and the guy that died made his choices but perceptions and opinions change drastically when its a loved one that was lost.

He has a bit of a history of irresponsibility and this just takes the cake. I know its been said a million times but like this is what puts the heat on the rest of us that just want to ride and not run, or do 250 down I-10 and crash into someone.

I dont think he should be charged with the guy's death, I think that would be stupid but I dont know the law that well when it comes to these matters.

He does need to get slapped with something that will make him think twice. I drive the same roads as some of these crazy guys with my 2 year old son and pregnant wife in the car. I really dont need people running into me cause they are evading the police.

This crazy bike is getting out of control and its just a matter of time til they start to really crack down on bikers.
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
tejano? Rape me
Old 04-14-2010, 10:26 AM   #488
PYROBUG51
GMFS Racing

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 750 Track
06 R6 Track

04 ZX6RR NINJA (STOLEN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltejano View Post
After reading a lot of this thread, it has become obvious that members are split on this.

His friends are defending him and seems that they want him to walk and all be forgiven, while a lot want him to get slapped with some heavy charges or even rot in jail for this.

So far no one here is a lawyer and laws have been posted and no one seems quyite sure how to interpret them.

I, myself, dont want anyone to rot in jail forever but this guy needs to face up to some music. I am sure he is a cool guy and is a skilled rider from all the praises I have heard about him from those who know him.

I just wonder if these feelings about him were the same had the person that died been his defender's son, brother or father. I know he didnt kill him and the guy that died made his choices but perceptions and opinions change drastically when its a loved one that was lost.

He has a bit of a history of irresponsibility and this just takes the cake. I know its been said a million times but like this is what puts the heat on the rest of us that just want to ride and not run, or do 250 down I-10 and crash into someone.

I dont think he should be charged with the guy's death, I think that would be stupid but I dont know the law that well when it comes to these matters.

He does need to get slapped with something that will make him think twice. I drive the same roads as some of these crazy guys with my 2 year old son and pregnant wife in the car. I really dont need people running into me cause they are evading the police.
This crazy bike is getting out of control and its just a matter of time til they start to really crack down on bikers.
Have you ever had your bike stolen? And how does it feel to work for something and lose it...Esp when your going through hard times and you just have Liability? I know it sucks for someone to steal from me!

Cool Guy that has a Track Record of stealing!

IF IM WRONG SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME
History of Irresponsibility Back to Track Record of stealing!

Why do I need the Heat for this dumb Fugger I ride my own ride already I dont need a douche to set the presidence for me!

YOU DONT THINK HE SHOULD BE CHARGED WITH HIS DEATH...Werent you the one who posted a thread about BIKES ON 610 that your wife almost wiped out....WHAT IF THEY WERE RUNNING FROM THE COPS AND AND YOU WIFE SWEARVED TO MISS A BIKER AND FLIPPED HER VEHICLE AT HIGHWAY SPEEDS AND KILLED HER AND YOUR 2 YEAR OLD.....

NOBOBY SHOULD BE HELD RESPONSIBLE HUH? CAUSE SHE WAS DRIVING THE VEHICLE AND WAS IN CONTROL OF HER OWN VEHICLE!

Last edited by PYROBUG51; 04-14-2010 at 10:29 AM.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:28 AM   #489
jgixer

99 zx9

very well said

Quote:

Old 04-14-2010, 10:29 AM   #490
cdill35

Bike(s):
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:

I think racer105 was probably the only one blindly defending him. Just because people aren't calling for his head prior to it all playing out doesn't mean they are defending him. He was a dumbass for running. That is all that can be concluded at this point. That and that some people lost a friend and family member.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:31 AM   #491
jgixer

99 zx9

or being held back by a guy who weighed 130, lol
Quote:
True. But evading is a state jail felony. Robbery isnt. I am pretty sure alot depends on the level of crime being committed. We're just arm chair lawyering here though. Passin time. I really dont know.

Wrong again, John.

Old 04-14-2010, 10:32 AM   #492
PYROBUG51
GMFS Racing

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 750 Track
06 R6 Track

04 ZX6RR NINJA (STOLEN)

Quote:
I think racer105 was probably the only one blindly defending him. Just because people aren't calling for his head prior to it all playing out doesn't mean they are defending him. He was a dumbass for running. That is all that can be concluded at this point. That and that some people lost a friend and family member.
These where someones Friends and Family! Like someone says you hang with you begin to smell!

boyznthehood
Old 04-14-2010, 10:33 AM   #493
cdill35

Bike(s):
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
or being held back by a guy who weighed 130, lol
Or not showing up for corner working then changing you name and acting lkike someone changhed your password. Or acting like a cop on wera. Lol

Where that pic with the hair dryer?
Old 04-14-2010, 10:35 AM   #494
PYROBUG51
GMFS Racing

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 750 Track
06 R6 Track

04 ZX6RR NINJA (STOLEN)

Quote:
Or not showing up for corner working then changing you name and acting lkike someone changhed your password. Or acting like a cop on wera. Lol
Old 04-14-2010, 10:35 AM   #495
jgixer

99 zx9

or acting like u never been down and didnt now they had stolen bikes,
Old 04-14-2010, 10:36 AM   #496
viper3ez
Hello, My Name Is Nuvie

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to viper3ez Send a message via MSN to viper3ez Send a message via Yahoo to viper3ez Send a message via Skype™ to viper3ez
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROBUG51 View Post
Have you ever had your bike stolen? And how does it feel to work for something and lose it...Esp when your going through hard times and you just have Liability? I know it sucks for someone to steal from me!

Cool Guy that has a Track Record of stealing!

IF IM WRONG SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME
History of Irresponsibility Back to Track Record of stealing!

Why do I need the Heat for this dumb Fugger I ride my own ride already I dont need a douche to set the presidence for me!

YOU DONT THINK HE SHOULD BE CHARGED WITH HIS DEATH...Werent you the one who posted a thread about BIKES ON 610 that your wife almost wiped out....WHAT IF THEY WERE RUNNING FROM THE COPS AND AND YOU WIFE SWEARVED TO MISS A BIKER AND FLIPPED HER VEHICLE AT HIGHWAY SPEEDS AND KILLED HER AND YOUR 2 YEAR OLD.....

NOBOBY SHOULD BE HELD RESPONSIBLE HUH?

chill the fvck out and stop making it about you.

when someone twists the throttle and decides to run from the law, its 100% percent their decision and their responsibility.

SB needs to pay the price for theft and evading and thats it. if Dusin did not die, he would be paying the price for evading so why would Jeremy have to pay the price for the consequence of dustin evading?

you have taken this so personal you not even reasoning anymore.

now the law very well could disagree with me but from the law quotes i have seen, they all had a simple magic term called "directly"

so if we went on a group ride and get pulled and i decide to run, do you run also? if you do, how is it my fault you did? and if you died while running, how would i have "directly" caused your death?

Jeremy obviously has proven to be a dirtbag but he is in no way responsible for Dustin running and getting killed.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:37 AM   #497
MacMan
S. McNamara LSTD Mob Boss

Bike(s):
2006 KTM950SM, 1996 Harley-Davidson FXDL

The DA will always prosecute the highest charge. Felony evading with someone who has priors or is on probation is enough to make him spend some time behind bars.
Unauthorized use of a motor vehicle is nothing compared to felony evading. He cant be blamed for the death of the other rider but it wont look good in the sentancing portion of this case.

Either way it sucks that so many lives were affected.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:44 AM   #498
jgixer

99 zx9

wouldnt it be nice if this kid would roll, and then we would know where all the stolen parts and bikes were, that would be interesting to say the least.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:47 AM   #499
PYROBUG51
GMFS Racing

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 750 Track
06 R6 Track

04 ZX6RR NINJA (STOLEN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper3ez View Post
chill the fvck out and stop making it about you.

when someone twists the throttle and decides to run from the law, its 100% percent their decision and their responsibility.

SB needs to pay the price for theft and evading and thats it. if Dusin did not die, he would be paying the price for evading so why would Jeremy have to pay the price for the consequence of dustin evading?

you have taken this so personal you not even reasoning anymore.

now the law very well could disagree with me but from the law quotes i have seen, they all had a simple magic term called "directly"

so if we went on a group ride and get pulled and i decide to run, do you run also? if you do, how is it my fault you did? and if you died while running, how would i have "directly" caused your death?

Jeremy obviously has proven to be a dirtbag but he is in no way responsible for Dustin running and getting killed.
How is this about me Im going home everynight..WHOS I could care less...Im just making my statement And I have pulled over on the group rides...I WILL not Jepordize my job for running....
But your right....ILL agree with you and ONLY YOU! Just so you wont tell me anything else again....

Here I found you something to chew on!

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-manslaughter.htm

Involuntary manslaughter occurs as a result of negligence. The killer was not provoked, and did not mean to kill anyone, but his or her negligent actions led to a death. A classic example of this form is vehicular manslaughter, in which someone's reckless driving leads to a death. If someone can prove that the negligence was intentional, the charge may be upgraded to murder. In some regions, someone with a history of driving under the influence (DUI) convictions may be charged with murder for a death which occurs as a result of drinking and driving, rather than manslaughter.

Its not up to you or I but up to a Judge...but your right
Old 04-14-2010, 10:49 AM   #500
PYROBUG51
GMFS Racing

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 750 Track
06 R6 Track

04 ZX6RR NINJA (STOLEN)

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-vehi...nslaughter.htm

This includes the death of friends or family members involved in an accident caused by someone's negligent behavior. People are not exempt from criminal liability when they cause the deaths of people they know and they can also incur civil liability. For example, if a reckless driver kills a friend, the friend's family may sue the driver for damages.
Closed Thread

Advertisement