MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2010, 10:58 PM   #441
ormand
Deelish!

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 650r
Total Mileage: 42,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
Ormand, Justin = Dusty, the man who died AFAIK. The thief is Jeremy (slowblack05). I think they were just saying that Dusty didn't steal the bike he was on. Possibly defending him against claims someone made saying they were glad he was dead because he was a thief as well.
Oh my bad. I thought Dusty was the guy that ran and Justin was the guy that passed. So much information to digest!
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cop rear ends rider, then BLAMES the rider CTtriple General Discussion (Moto Related) 76 11-06-2013 10:09 AM
Rider hit by other rider - Video Inside Neon Samurai General Discussion (Moto Related) 52 07-31-2012 03:42 PM
Rider and co-rider down 290E & Barker Cypress jimrad General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 04-17-2011 12:17 AM
Rider Down on 242, report says inexperienced rider Davekg General Discussion (Moto Related) 94 03-24-2011 07:11 PM
Rider to Passenger/Other Rider Communication Pyrofallout General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 02-22-2008 09:38 AM
Advertisement
Old 04-13-2010, 10:58 PM   #442
dnix600

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
What I find ironic is that there is a pecking order it seems.

The guys that pay gift taxes on motorcycles instead of 6.25% are less criminals than the guys that drink and drive. And the guys that drink and drive are less of a criminal than the guys that smoke weed. The the stoners are better than the cocaine addicts. And the cocaine addicts are better than the burglars. and the burglars are better than bikes theives...and so on and so on.

Guess what? A sin is a sin is a sin. If you have drank and driven 3 times in your life you are a felon that has not been caught. Punishable by the same guidelines at unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.

And I have seen MANY in this thread have more than a drink or two and hop in a car. More than 3 times.
Quote:
Well...the simpliest difference is that your 3rd conviction for drinking and driving is punishable by 2-10 years in a texas prison. Actually more severe than unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.

Again, I am not defending him. I am just saying that we are not much different. You may think you are but you are not.

We like to look down on others so that we can justify our behaviors. "well, I might habitually drive home drunk from the bar, but at least I dont steal motorcycles!" That kind of .
Quote:
I am a sinner. And I recognize this. And for Ulric...

so you would say you held the same philosophy with anyone associated with texas track days??????

Last edited by dnix600; 04-13-2010 at 11:00 PM.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:00 PM   #443
viper3ez
Hello, My Name Is Nuvie

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1-3 months

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to viper3ez Send a message via MSN to viper3ez Send a message via Yahoo to viper3ez Send a message via Skype™ to viper3ez
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParAvion View Post
I think my posts are fueld by logic and ration and your posts are fueled by anger. I think youre the guy who said he punches people in the face who call him names and wants them to say things to his face. I on the other hand have been called many different names on multiple occasions in my life and yet have never had to punch someone in the face even though on almost all those times I could have easily handed that person their on a plate.

well, thanks for proving my point. my exact words were "i bet you wont call me a ni99a to my face"

i did not say anything about punching or face" yet here you are accusing me of punching people in the face. follow the facts and work from there. dont pull make-believe stuff out ur and use as your discussion pillar like you just did with ny comments

on another note, i'm one of those "thugs" like a few on here who have stated likewise that believes if you have an opinion about someone, be man enough to say it to them rather than fuel an internet forum with BS.

i love my bike and park it in my apartment. i'm not taking chances with anyone. if i knew someone was a bikle thive(which i dont know) i would definitely not want them around me so i'll say it to them as nice as i could "dude, i dont trust you" either the thief or ! would definoitely have to leave. and i wont go ride with them and then come online after they get busted talking down on them.

and thats the mentality(considered childish by some) behind which i said i bet that dude wont call me a name to my face.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:03 PM   #444
viper3ez
Hello, My Name Is Nuvie

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to viper3ez Send a message via MSN to viper3ez Send a message via Yahoo to viper3ez Send a message via Skype™ to viper3ez
Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
Ormand, Justin = Dusty, the man who died AFAIK. The thief is Jeremy (slowblack05). I think they were just saying that Dusty didn't steal the bike he was on. Possibly defending him against claims someone made saying they were glad he was dead because he was a thief as well.
thumbs up on the clarification. he had the names m,ixed up and that had me confused.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:13 AM   #445
jgixer

Feedback Rating: (4)

Trackdays: 1

99 zx9

just finished reading all this, shame two lives are lost regardless, i do feel sorry for the one still living, loved ones will ache on both sides, sad so sad! kids wake up your life is worth more than a motorcycle or a reputation.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:34 AM   #446
Nasty09

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
07 GSX-R 750

Rip.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:20 AM   #447
cdill35

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnix600 View Post
so you would say you held the same philosophy with anyone associated with texas track days??????
Sure. Well, except for M and M and Pete. Being that there was never an admission of guilt and no effort whatsoever to make restitution.

I think Pete is back to preying on noobs at GSS.

Most all of the instructors are my friends.

Last edited by cdill35; 04-14-2010 at 06:22 AM.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:25 AM   #448
GAU-8
official thread ender.

A childs father, (and subsequently) a parents child was lost. For that, I say R.I.P.

Losing a loved one is a tough deal. No matter, wrong/right, with his actions,those left behind will be left saying "why did he take that course?"..for which to them there will be no logical answer.

Smart people make dumb moves, and some of the dumbest people can shine from time to time. Facts and speculation will be spread, and many will come to thier own decisions. I do not personally know either rider, so all I can add is that, as a whole, the MC community has taken a hit locally. I cant say much, other than for all the positives MH and other communities do for motorcycling, it's actions like which have transpired, that are most memorable. Sadly, it's not positive. Adding more fuel to the fire.

It's not the actions that have taken place, but the wake of damage to those innocents left behind, that my heart reaches out for.

How does one explain to a child growing up, "Your father didnt want to get a ticket, or jail time...so he died on his motorcycle, running from the cops."

There is more damage that will affect loved ones (ALL parties involved) for years to come down the road. I hope others can see this moment as a time to wake up, look at what is around you.

My condolences to those of the departed, and the innocent that were affected.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:27 AM   #449
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
I think Pete is back to preying on noobs at GSS.
Sometimes a scammer gets scammed
Old 04-14-2010, 06:48 AM   #450
Badzx14r
Banned

Bike(s):
2many2list

User is banned

Old 04-14-2010, 07:21 AM   #451
Guitar Man
Keep moving!!!!>>>>>>>>>>

Bike(s):
2013 Suzuki V Strom DL650 22,000 miles
09 Yamaha FZ6 59,651 miles (RIP)
07 Yamaha FZ6 39,668 miles (RIP)
73 Triumph Tiger 750
Cannondale Quick CX4 (Pedal Powaa!!)

RIP.

All I can say is I hope someone will learn from the mistakes of others. This kind of thread certainly makes me evaluate life and how quickly that it can change. And not just individually, but for everyone that your life touches.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:23 AM   #452
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.D.W. View Post
WTF do you know? Do you know him? I think not... I could give a less what you think. I am putting the truth out there, not spreading bs lies and making assumptions. You can kiss my for all I care
um, i really don't care to know him, but i was commenting on how you said charges were dropped, so i was guessing he was out on bond. and made a reg. call to him or you called him, kinda like a running commentary.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
Old 04-14-2010, 07:31 AM   #453
Davekg
Honda Rider

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
08 CBR

WOW.... R.I.P. dead dude, sad for his family........ Hope the other guy "SLOWBACK" can rise above the situation he's gotten himself into...

Old 04-14-2010, 07:47 AM   #454
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.D.W. View Post
Ya'll really have nothing better to do... do you? If I throw a dog a bone, I dont want to know if it tastes good or not.

Now move along with your lives.
you still didn't answer the questions. the VIN of the bike is? if a cop said it was reported stolen then I'm pretty sure it was. the charges of thesft may not stick because they can't prove that he stole it but was he or was he not on a bike that had been reported stolen that he was trying to find a clean frame for?
Old 04-14-2010, 07:52 AM   #455
cdill35

Bike(s):
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
you still didn't answer the questions. the VIN of the bike is? if a cop said it was reported stolen then I'm pretty sure it was. the charges of thesft may not stick because they can't prove that he stole it but was he or was he not on a bike that had been reported stolen that he was trying to find a clean frame for?
Actually, the charge was unauthorized use of a motor vehicle. It doesnt matter if they can prove that he stole it. All that they need to prove is that HE did not have authorization to use it, from the OWNER.

I am not lawyer, or criminal justice degree holder...but I did stay at a Holiday Inn express last weekend.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:54 AM   #456
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
Actually, the charge was unauthorized use of a motor vehicle. It doesnt matter if they can prove that he stole it. All that they need to prove is that HE did not have authorization to use it, from the OWNER.
I am not lawyer, or criminal justice degree holder...but I did stay at a Holiday Inn express last weekend.
and that to me says theft. and the fact that he was looking for a clean titled frame on the r1 forums.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:59 AM   #457
cdill35

Bike(s):
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
and that to me says theft. and the fact that he was looking for a clean titled frame on the r1 forums.
Possibly so. I do not deny that. However, if in fact the case was dropped, then the DA does not have enough evidence to pursue a conviction.

It doesnt take alot of evidence.

Run the VIN#. If the bike is reported stolen and you are on it, done deal. Call the owner of the bike, ask the question, "Does Jeremy Kaelin have permission to be riding/driving your bike/auto?" If the answer is NO, you're done.

If the charges were dismissed, then they have nothing. I am not saying the bike wasnt stolen, I am not saying anything except that it is seems pretty easy to get a conviction for something like this. Why wouldnt they be able to pursue the charges of theft (unauthorized use of a motor vehicle)?

Maybe he bought the bike from someone and had a bill of sale and the other person is being charged with the theft. Who knows?

Last edited by cdill35; 04-14-2010 at 08:03 AM.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:10 AM   #458
rip wolfe
REALLY, NO REALLY?

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
09 gixxer 750
08 hanna montanna cruizer! (RIP)

Just shows the stupid actions we do hurts our loved ones the most!
Old 04-14-2010, 08:12 AM   #459
jgixer

Feedback Rating: (4)

99 zx9

but also if the fella who let him ride the bike says it was ok he is now liable, but also his bond was not dropped down so i highly dont thinkthe charges were dropped as of yet, also he was in commision of a felony his is tarred and feathered i dont know the guy but bad decisions suck.

I am not lawyer, or criminal justice degree holder...but I did stay at a hilton onetime, wow
Old 04-14-2010, 08:14 AM   #460
Badchev
Slow

Bike(s):
'01 Bandit

Quote:
Possibly so. I do not deny that. However, if in fact the case was dropped, then the DA does not have enough evidence to pursue a conviction.

It doesnt take alot of evidence.

Run the VIN#. If the bike is reported stolen and you are on it, done deal. Call the owner of the bike, ask the question, "Does Jeremy Kaelin have permission to be riding/driving your bike/auto?" If the answer is NO, you're done.

If the charges were dismissed, then they have nothing. I am not saying the bike wasnt stolen, I am not saying anything except that it is seems pretty easy to get a conviction for something like this. Why wouldnt they be able to pursue the charges of theft (unauthorized use of a motor vehicle)?

Maybe he bought the bike from someone and had a bill of sale and the other person is being charged with the theft. Who knows?
I don't think it's that simple, and unauthorized use isn't a go to prison type of conviction. At least not in all cases.
Closed Thread

Advertisement