MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2010, 02:53 PM   #261
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParAvion View Post
Lmao. I dont even have a bike anymore.
. Then log out.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cop rear ends rider, then BLAMES the rider CTtriple General Discussion (Moto Related) 76 11-06-2013 10:09 AM
Rider hit by other rider - Video Inside Neon Samurai General Discussion (Moto Related) 52 07-31-2012 03:42 PM
Rider and co-rider down 290E & Barker Cypress jimrad General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 04-17-2011 12:17 AM
Rider Down on 242, report says inexperienced rider Davekg General Discussion (Moto Related) 94 03-24-2011 07:11 PM
Rider to Passenger/Other Rider Communication Pyrofallout General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 02-22-2008 09:38 AM
Advertisement
Old 04-13-2010, 02:53 PM   #262
Jay-boy
say something!!!!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
07 CBR 1000 RR

a good stolen R1

R.F.F.R.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:03 PM   #263
MacMan
S. McNamara LSTD Mob Boss

Bike(s):
2006 KTM950SM, 1996 Harley-Davidson FXDL

Man......

Stupid mistakes often affect other people.
Poor family of the fallen rider. Wife, child, now without a loved one. SAD.

Poor guy pulling a camper minding his own business. I agree with Texmex. SAD.

As far as the guy being caught with a boosted bike?? He'll get whats coming to him sooner or later. I don't feel sorry for thieves or riders of stolen property.
In my experience you never really know anyone until they let you.
As far as people posting something on the internet and then acting different to your face, welcome to the real world folks.

The motorcycle community is a small world with all kinds of people in it. Some good, bad, and all in between. Choose your associates carefully and your friends even more!!!
Old 04-13-2010, 03:05 PM   #264
eltejano
I smell pretty

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatersR6 View Post
Im going to have to agree with cdill. if you can talk behind someones back than you should be man enough to say it face to face.
So if the person is not right in front of you, no one has the right to say anything about the bullshit that was done??

Umm, nah.

So if I have this right, the one guy crashed and this left him behing. What a great friend if that is the case.

This guy is a known bike thief, fuktard irresponsible rider and people still stick up for him. Does he have to be a child rapist to lose a little respect??

So every time someone does some piece of thing, no one is allowed to say anything unless that person is right there in front of them. In other words, if you are a fairly small person and dont want the threat of physical harm or violence and the up is an obvious criminal and much bigger, then you may not say anything.

For someone to call it like it is and not have to worry about physical harm is a right everyone should have, especially if its a valid point like in this case.

I am not scared to face anyone, but not everyone here is capable of physically defending themselves if need be.
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
tejano? Rape me
Old 04-13-2010, 03:34 PM   #265
ParAvion
Mr. Misanthrope

Thats the point I tried to make earlier but not so eloquently so my post got deleted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltejano View Post
So if the person is not right in front of you, no one has the right to say anything about the bullshit that was done??

Umm, nah.

So if I have this right, the one guy crashed and this left him behing. What a great friend if that is the case.

This guy is a known bike thief, fuktard irresponsible rider and people still stick up for him. Does he have to be a child rapist to lose a little respect??

So every time someone does some piece of thing, no one is allowed to say anything unless that person is right there in front of them. In other words, if you are a fairly small person and dont want the threat of physical harm or violence and the up is an obvious criminal and much bigger, then you may not say anything.

For someone to call it like it is and not have to worry about physical harm is a right everyone should have, especially if its a valid point like in this case.

I am not scared to face anyone, but not everyone here is capable of physically defending themselves if need be.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:41 PM   #266
GRIFF
CMRA#730

Feedback Rating: (30)

Bike(s):
2009 Ducati (qaak qaak)
2008 GSXR750 (Race)
KTM 950R (trouble maker)
Texas badest 50 (stunt)
etc,etc, toy box keeps changin

RIP to the fallen rider and prayers sent to his family.

I have known Jeremy (sloblack) for about 4 years now. He was always cool to hang with even tho I didnt know him on a deep or personal level. Before jumping the gun I believe he should have a chance to prove himself if the charges are wrong. What if he was ridding a friends bike? Or bought it but didnt know it was hot and was waiting on the sellers title to come in. Lets see what happens and the Judge or jurry to decide.

I just feel this RIP thread has changed to a bash thread on the guy when its the fallen we should be more concerend with.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:43 PM   #267
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIFF View Post
Before jumping the gun I believe he should have a chance to prove himself if the charges are wrong. What if he was ridding a friends bike? Or bought it but didnt know it was hot and was waiting on the sellers title to come in..
Considering he was trying to buy an 08 R1 frame off another forum(when his frame appeared fine) I'd say he knew. him.
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
Old 04-13-2010, 03:47 PM   #268
morvegil
Banned

Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter

User is banned

Old 04-13-2010, 03:47 PM   #269
morvegil
Banned

Bike(s):
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST

Thumbs up User is banned

Old 04-13-2010, 03:50 PM   #270
GRIFF
CMRA#730

Feedback Rating: (30)

Bike(s):
2009 Ducati (qaak qaak)
2008 GSXR750 (Race)
KTM 950R (trouble maker)
Texas badest 50 (stunt)
etc,etc, toy box keeps changin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
Considering he was trying to buy an 08 R1 frame off another forum(when his frame appeared fine) I'd say he knew. him.
I didnt see that part Keith. In that case....
Old 04-13-2010, 03:55 PM   #271
spring r1

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
07 r1
04gsxr600 track
ttr90

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
Hate on. I don't care. What I am saying is that if you'll call someone a online, under a screen name, then why not call them a when you see them?

I guess I'm old school. Or a man or whatever.
+1.........prayers sent for fallen rider
Old 04-13-2010, 04:10 PM   #272
ParAvion
Mr. Misanthrope

I think when someone +1 the notion that you have to physically walk up to a criminal and tell them they are a POS and then fight them loses all credibility.

I guess newspaper reporters or judges or teachers who discuss criminals or bad students have to first walk up to the murderer and tell them something to their face and then fight them before they can proceed. Only degenerates buy into that concept.

Last edited by ParAvion; 04-13-2010 at 04:13 PM.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:11 PM   #273
King Country
He's Running, over

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
01' Honda cbr600f4i totaled(5/11/10)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash View Post
agreed
was wondering if they are going to toss a "failure to stop to render aid", or maybe its overshadowed by the felonys.....he was riding a stolen bike? wonder if its someones on here.
thats what I was thinkin about
Old 04-13-2010, 04:14 PM   #274
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIFF View Post

I just feel this RIP thread has changed to a bash thread on the guy when its the fallen we should be more concerend with.
Did the father show any concern for his family or kids w/ the police in tow?
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
Old 04-13-2010, 04:15 PM   #275
ParAvion
Mr. Misanthrope

I don't blame slowback for keeping his mouth shut. It's smart on his part as far as self preservation goes. Anything he says especially right after what he did with his adrenaline pumping serves to hurt his case. He did the right thing as far as his own skin is concerned as he can now go meet with a lawyer and figure out a defense for his actions. As far as being a decent human being he failed in all regards.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:16 PM   #276
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

i thought this was an interesting post by slowblack in a thread about lowjack originally posted by cdill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowblack05 View Post
nothing beats GPS, that way it targest every place the bike/car has been taken to since it was called in..lojack has nothing on that

i have lojack on my z06, and let me tell you, i managed to find it while rebuilding the while rebuilding/wiring the whole car, and it is nothing simple for a theif to find, i dont know about bikes, im sure its fairly simple, but on a car, but on a car, all i can say is goodluck
can i throw the ?
Old 04-13-2010, 04:24 PM   #277
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowblack05 View Post
, that sucks, he must not have good eye sight?

RIP
a quote by slowblack05 in a thread about a rider that died when he hit a stopped car... ironic much?
Old 04-13-2010, 04:25 PM   #278
morvegil
Banned

Bike(s):
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST

User is banned

Old 04-13-2010, 04:33 PM   #279
VDM

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
Suzuki SV650 2007 (Sold)
Yamaha Midnight Warrior 2009
Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by morvegil View Post
Slowback should be banned, tarred and feathered. A thief,a bike thief at that, has NO place in a community of riders.
+1
Old 04-13-2010, 04:36 PM   #280
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

What about Htownstunta? Claims to be paying for his crime, but do we accept him back into the community? He still posts...
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
Closed Thread

Advertisement