Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2010, 12:13 AM   #1
TeleRomeo
Wide Freaking Open!

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 ZX-6R Track
Cr125 Braaap

Finished Wifeys Anniversary Radar gift install!!

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Just finished my install last night. ProjecTMX Performance and Modifications 15 12-04-2010 11:52 AM
Ms. V Hooked me up with an anniversary gift!! TeleRomeo General Discussion (Moto Related) 37 08-12-2010 05:28 PM
Wedding anniversary gift ? JBIRD5363 Off Topic 17 06-20-2010 03:30 PM
How to install whistler cruisader radar/laser detector nuclearalex How To's and Q & A's 4 01-16-2008 11:32 PM
I finished the install of the Turbo on the new motor ScooterTrash Cruisers Lounge 58 08-06-2007 09:53 AM
Advertisement
Old 04-11-2010, 01:51 AM   #2
The Trav
slowpoke

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 1

looks good!
I will not allow myself the weakness to lay aside responsibility of my actions to a higher power and write that weakness off as destiny. Vigilance, intelligence and discipline keep us alive out there.
-kib
Rest In Peace Chris Owens aka faster321, you will be missed...
The Trav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 01:55 AM   #3
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years

Member Garage

Looks real nice man. Just a suggestion, if it were me, I would move the radar horn (main detector) into the nose of the bike behind the plastics, this will not affect the radar detectors performance, but will prevent it from picking up laser signals. Then move the rear laser sensor to the front, mounted at the very tip underneath the nose.

That rear detector only detects laser, not radar, and I am basing my suggestion by considering the following:

1. rear laser is I believe much more rare here in Houston then other parts of the state and country
2. it's simply a detector, not a jammer, so it really doesn't matter where you put it, you can put it in your pocket for all you want, if you get hit with rear laser, your toast already by the time your detector alerts you, rear laser is hard as to protect against, even with top of the line jammers, a detector on the rear is going to do you very little good IMO
3. the rear detector appears to have 2-3 sensors facing different angles, with this on the front, I think it will increase your chances of picking up laser scatter off another car (which is the only way detecting laser is going to help you)
4. the way you have your front receiver mounted, isn't going to help you against laser anyhow. it's so recessed I would imagine it likely won't even alert, and I would bet it definitely isn't going to pickup any scatter from other vehicles.

I am not talking down on your setup or install one bit, it looks very clean, these are just suggestions based on what I have seen elsewhere. radardector.net has a wealth of knowledge that would be beneficial to any interested in countermeasures. Bikes are also extremely hard to protect against laser, even with jammers, I suggest buying you a can of LaserVEIL and apply it to your headlight and any thing else your willing to put it on, I'd go as far to say coat your helmet in VEIL, but that's just my opinion.

But anyhow, looks great man, and again, I extend the invitation, if you want to join me at the meet next month and get some testing done on your setup, your more than welcome. I promise, you will learn quite a bit that you will be able to apply on the streets to better protect yourself from traffic enforcement. I spent a few hours in College Station today with some guys testing my setup, and I learned even more, every time I go, I learn more and more.

Last edited by Pyrofallout; 04-11-2010 at 01:58 AM.
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 07:28 AM   #4
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Did you play w it yet?

^^^he is correct, the more visible, the more you'll have to explain to the officer.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:57 AM   #5
TeleRomeo
Wide Freaking Open!

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2006 ZX-6R Track
Cr125 Braaap

I will play with it today at the noob ride, CAli...

I appreciate all input... Not once did I think you were a downer pyro!!! . I figured I would be moving around again for best reception after testing the waters!!
Old 04-11-2010, 08:35 AM   #6
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Or maybe behind the license plate hanging down? Im thinkin the cops may even look at it as obstruction.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:50 AM   #7
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
Did you play w it yet?

^^^he is correct, the more visible, the more you'll have to explain to the officer.
That wasn't 100% what I was getting at, and while true some LEOs will hassle you over completely legal countermeasures ("I mean why do you need a radar detector if your obeying the law right?") but the great thing about the state of TX is it doesn't matter what that LEO thinks, if your equipment is legal, he can blow it out his .
Old 04-11-2010, 10:17 AM   #8
ducoop

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2003 Z1000 (Sold)

Pyro I'd be interested in seeing how well my Passport 9500 actually works. Is your test next month somewhere close to town?
ducoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 10:29 AM   #9
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducoop View Post
Pyro I'd be interested in seeing how well my Passport 9500 actually works. Is your test next month somewhere close to town?
Do you have a CI? Or an I/IX? Most of our testing centers around laser testing, and window mount detectors are worthless for laser. But we do some radar testing and quick trigger stuff as well. Last time I went to this one was Dec and I didn't have jammers yet, but I still learned a lot about how the guns work and what not. Word is this meet is going to be huge (50+ test vehicles) but it is going to be late May, and it will be in the Houston area. Shoot me a PM if your interested and I'll get you the info.
Old 04-17-2010, 05:56 PM   #10
Texas Bullet
Love The Track

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
'09 MV Agusta F4 312RR 1078
'09 Ducati 1098r Bayliss
'08 Ducati Desmosedici

You ever do any work on a Duc?