MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2010, 10:28 AM   #41
Johnny77423
Obnoxiously Loud Guy

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Scooter
Moped
Tricycle
rzr

LMAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goozie View Post
Thanks, but dude, you need to adjust your screen colors - the bike's maroon/silver.

Anyway, when's the next round up?
Oh sure... blame my laptop... uh huh... I'll get you a rainbow sticker for the back end... LOL

I actually have to get some things done this weekend... so no rides this weekend... and if I get done early enough, then S-girl and I are going paint balling on Sunday with a group of friend's from the NROTC on campus... I'm going to teach some young'uns how old school vets do it right. =^))

I'll post up a week before so you'll have plenty of time to find the ride... We'll probably just do the "regular" racer's road route... but I may try to plan a ride for the more adventurous and head out to the hill country before too long. I used to live in the New Braunfels area, and there is a lot of nice riding to be done out that way. Just take a spin up river road sometime... it's a blast to cruise along and look at the scenery (for men, that is pronounced ""booo-beees" ... and there's of scenery in the spring ... LOL).

This needs to be a regular ride group... the "Odd Ducks"... It actually sounds kind of fun.

Johnny
Johnny77423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Driver who killed two after letting ducks cross road gets prison Chris_5.0 General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 12-24-2014 11:01 AM
Odd Ducks 2.1 ride to TWS (Texas World Speedway) - May 9 Goozie Events, Meets and Rides 22 05-10-2010 12:54 PM
Odd Ducks Round 2 - April 25th Johnny77423 Events, Meets and Rides 20 04-24-2010 06:47 PM
4-10-10 Racer's Road Weather Update Johnny77423 Events, Meets and Rides 20 04-10-2010 07:35 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-14-2010, 12:39 PM   #42
Shimano_Girl
Organ Donor

Bike(s):
"09 Yamaha XT250
"07 Benelli TnT
"08 Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
Thanks, but dude, you need to adjust your screen colors - the bike's maroon/silver.

Anyway, when's the next round up?
I'll ride right now just to confirm the colors of the Guzzi.

If it doesn't rain Saturday, I'll be on RR.

I wanted to run out to Fayetteville but it's the MS150 weekend.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:02 PM   #43
Johnny77423
Obnoxiously Loud Guy

Bike(s):
Scooter
Moped
Tricycle
rzr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimano_Girl View Post
I'll ride right now just to confirm the colors of the Guzzi.

SO pretend like your pedaling when you go past them... LOL

Let's do a fayettville run next Friday after I get home from school... you're off right???
Old 04-15-2010, 04:09 PM   #44
Goozie

Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
'14 MV Agusta Brutale 800
'97 Guzzi Centauro

Quote:
I'll ride right now just to confirm the colors of the Guzzi. :
, now I'm gonna have to go paint my bike!

Quote:

I can't go on Sat., gotta work. But I'm down for Fri or Sun morning - the earlier the better - around 830ish. Work at noon on Fri.
Goozie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 04:11 PM   #45
Goozie

Bike(s):
'97 Guzzi Centauro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny77423 View Post
SO pretend like your pedaling when you go past them... LOL

Let's do a fayettville run next Friday after I get home from school... you're off right???
I can join next Friday but I'll need to head back around 11:30 to get to work. What time do think you'll get going?
Old 04-15-2010, 07:03 PM   #46
Johnny77423
Obnoxiously Loud Guy

Bike(s):
Scooter
Moped
Tricycle
rzr

hours

Quote:
I can join next Friday but I'll need to head back around 11:30 to get to work. What time do think you'll get going?
I think she's working this Friday (that street corner has been busier than usual... LOL) and I wont' be back from campus untill around 3 or 4 in the afternoon.

Sunday I think we have a paint ball tourney to go to out in cypress... but the invite is still "soft"... I'll know more tomorrow...

If you just post a ride for Racer's Road, someone will meet you out there... but it usually helps if you post it a couple days ahead of time. If you've never run the route, shoot me a PM and I'll send you a turn by turn to help you find your way.

J
Old 04-16-2010, 08:30 PM   #47
Goozie

Bike(s):
'97 Guzzi Centauro

Quote:
I think she's working this Friday (that street corner has been busier than usual... LOL) and I wont' be back from campus untill around 3 or 4 in the afternoon.

Sunday I think we have a paint ball tourney to go to out in cypress... but the invite is still "soft"... I'll know more tomorrow...

If you just post a ride for Racer's Road, someone will meet you out there... but it usually helps if you post it a couple days ahead of time. If you've never run the route, shoot me a PM and I'll send you a turn by turn to help you find your way.

J
Yeah, I've done RR a couple of times...thanks though. Sun or Mon I'm going to hit the forest as I've always turned around near Richards or Anderson and just learned about 3090 so I'll check it out.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:17 PM   #48
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Sunday I may do an early forest to be available at 242 and 45 for the swc crawfish festival ride.

3090 does have some construction on the northside. Ride safe.
Old 04-17-2010, 05:25 PM   #49
Goozie

Bike(s):
'97 Guzzi Centauro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
Sunday I may do an early forest to be available at 242 and 45 for the swc crawfish festival ride.

3090 does have some construction on the northside. Ride safe.
Thanks for the heads up. I'll be out there Monday since my dad roped me into a family obligation for Sunday.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:14 PM   #50
Mr.D

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
ZZR 600
2007 GSXR 600
VFR 800
Honda Stunt 50

I ride a pretty street fighter looking bike. Everytime it goes down i manage to patch it back up some how. Next time you guys go out count me in.
Old 04-17-2010, 09:25 PM   #51
Johnny77423
Obnoxiously Loud Guy

Bike(s):
Scooter
Moped
Tricycle
rzr

zzr street fighter???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
I ride a pretty street fighter looking bike. Everytime it goes down i manage to patch it back up some how. Next time you guys go out count me in.
How bad have you dropped it to have "converted" a zzr to a street fighter???

I was at the Yami dealer today looking at the FZ1... looks like I'm making an upgrade when I come home this summer... They're selling '09's for $9k... NICE!!!

J
Old 04-18-2010, 10:24 AM   #52
DrAwkwArD
Banned

User is banned

DrAwkwArD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 02:05 PM   #53
Johnny77423
Obnoxiously Loud Guy

Bike(s):
Scooter
Moped
Tricycle
rzr

street fighters

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAwkwArD View Post
Johnny, have you looked at CustomFighters.com before? It doesn't take much of a drop, or a drop at all, to convert a bike to a streetfighter...a proper streetfighter. Not just a naked bike that's been bought off the showroom floor. Know what I mean?
Yeah... I've seen them... most of then look pretty ratty to me. Especially when you take a bike that was originally a super sport and yank all the fairings off... and it has this HUGE radiator sticking out the sides (ahem... like my ugly SV radiator... GAWD is that an eyesore).

Nekid bikes can be cool, but a lot of them are pretty ratty looking. I'm more into the old school cafe look personally... (like the ducati 900ss or the old cb racer's from the 60's... I think that's a cool look... then again, I think Robot Chicken is highly undervalued as a cultural icon). I have always wanted to buy the cafe body kit they sell for the SV and do a conversion.

I also used to sell Kawi's and thought the ZZR was a really good looking bike the way it came off the show room floor. I wanted to demo one, but we only had one left (those and vulcan 900's sold like hot cakes because of their price... I think Kawi screwed the pooch by pulling the ZZR line out of the show rooms) so they gave me a ZX-10r that scared the out of me on a regular basis... then when it sold I was on a vulcan 2000... that thing was like driving a tank... a REALLY LOUD tank. LOL

Anyway... It sounds like a street fighter ZZR would definitely fit into the "odd ducks" category... I hope i didn't get anyone's panties in a bunch over my comments... I am not exactly a main stream sort of guy either... I could have bought a 636 or a gixxer... but I wanted a v-twin... so I got one... and I've been trying to figure out how to make it faster ever since... what a dufus... LOL

I think we need to hold another odd ducks run really soon... How does next weekend grab y'all??? I'll post a new thread and see what kind of response we get...

J
Old 04-18-2010, 03:06 PM   #54
DrAwkwArD
Banned

User is banned

DrAwkwArD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 03:27 PM   #55
HMFIC

Bike(s):
08 Super Duke R
08 YZ450F
Santa Cruz Blur 4x
09 YZ250F

OF the ones you posted, I really like this one!!!!

4/11/10 Odd ducks and noobs ... racer's road
Old 04-18-2010, 03:33 PM   #56
Johnny77423
Obnoxiously Loud Guy

Bike(s):
Scooter
Moped
Tricycle
rzr

Yeah... Nudist (the red SV) is on one of the SV forums I peruse when I need tech info... Again... nothing personal, but it's not my thing. I wanted to get shark skinz for my SV, but it's just too expensive right now... and I cannot justify putting aesthetics on this thing when it's basically a stock 75hp v-twin... Maybe after I put some money into the drive train... but not before then... and if I do it, it's going to be a track bike at that point and I'll use my new bike to cruise on... I'm looking at FZ1's and Z1000's ... I was looking at 636's, but not for a daily commuter... I think the "de-tuned" liter bike with the upright riding position would be better to commute on. It all depends on how things go this summer...

I put up the link for the odd ducks round 2 for next Sunday... come on out...

Johnny
Old 04-18-2010, 03:34 PM   #57
Johnny77423
Obnoxiously Loud Guy

Bike(s):
Scooter
Moped
Tricycle
rzr

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMFIC View Post
OF the ones you posted, I really like this one!!!!

4/11/10 Odd ducks and noobs ... racer's road
I've seen a few with gas mask overlays too... pretty interesting ... not my thing, but cool in its own way...

1 question... that's a GS500... I thought you said they were usually high performance bikes stripped down to drop weight... that thing is lucky to be able to get out of its own way... Did I miss something???

Gotta admit... that thing is pretty sick looking... he really took some time with that rework... it could be a little cleaner build (it's not what I'd call show quality), but overall it's pretty sick...

Last edited by Johnny77423; 04-18-2010 at 03:37 PM.
Old 04-18-2010, 04:14 PM   #58
HMFIC

Bike(s):
08 Super Duke R
08 YZ450F
Santa Cruz Blur 4x
09 YZ250F

Quote:
I've seen a few with gas mask overlays too... pretty interesting ... not my thing, but cool in its own way...

1 question... that's a GS500... I thought you said they were usually high performance bikes stripped down to drop weight... that thing is lucky to be able to get out of its own way... Did I miss something???

Gotta admit... that thing is pretty sick looking... he really took some time with that rework... it could be a little cleaner build (it's not what I'd call show quality), but overall it's pretty sick...
I didnt read all that he had done to the bike, but the suspension has been reworked, which gives it some performance over a stocker. I also think having a SF is about self expression via modifications too. There are some that I do not like, and some I like a lot.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:04 PM   #59
Johnny77423
Obnoxiously Loud Guy

Bike(s):
Scooter
Moped
Tricycle
rzr

agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMFIC View Post
I didnt read all that he had done to the bike, but the suspension has been reworked, which gives it some performance over a stocker. I also think having a SF is about self expression via modifications too. There are some that I do not like, and some I like a lot.
Yes Sir... Please, do not misinterpret my intentions... I absolutely LOVE (!!!) when anyone customizes a vehicle or ANYTHING (!!!)... I'm a fabricator and an inventor and an engineer NOT just by trade, but by instinctual existentialism ... I live to build that defies the rules of sanity and the laws of physics (well, actually exploit more than defy... since I am an engineer, I know better... LOL)... And I like that these guys are doing their own thing... I mean .. look at me (!!!) I'm trying to take a stock SV650 into triple digit horsepower "reliably" this Christmas... and I know that my chance of success is minimal... but I also know that I won't stop until I am successful. I kinda go out on the fringes sometimes... but I'm always about practical applications of technology in a way that makes the -quotient (that gut feeling you get going 0-60 in half a second... and gives you wood) go through the roof. Happy people don't beat their wives or shoot their co-workers... so in an odd way I am in fact making the world a MUCH better place.

Anyway... I think I should get back to the topic ... SORRY for that spin across my soap box... I agree that street fighters are cool... they're just not my thing... But I think that the oddballs of the H-town area should be able to band together... obviously "street fighters" are not in the class of odd ... since they're street fighters... But I consider nekid bikes to fall in that cat... along with the sideways twins, and the shaft drives, and all the other odd ducks that are out there... I mean ... My friend Shimano Girl rides a BAD pasta rocket... it has triple digit horsepower and weights 4 times what she does... But it sounds like a Cuisinart when it comes up besides you... clacking and ticking because all you hear is the valve noise and no exhaust note (YES PJ... you need a new exhaust can)... and it looks like a praying mantis (green was a bad color choice for that bike... LOL)... but she rides it like it was stolen when she thinks she can get away with it... so good for her... and Kalanie's bike looks like someone took a 636 and beat with the ugly stick... but she ride's the out of it!!! And that guy on the... (I could go on for days here)... Those are the kind of people I'm attracted to riding with.... the underdogs... the dirty nasty ugly truth of riding... that not ALL of us are these perfect little people who own 1098 duc's and Gixxers and RR's... that some of us like to carve out our names on the backroads of Texas with the blood from our scars and we do it proudly on the "junk" that doens't make motor trends top 10... so F-U mr. spit and polish... we're here and we're gonna kick your and set your shiny little piece of ego on fire with the fact that we refuse to quit!!! We may not be the fastest or the best, but daminit we ride out on the edge every chance we get(!!!) and we ride with Heart and Soul (!!!). It's easy to be an artist when you have Divinci's palette... try it with Sal the Plumber's sometime and then talk to me.

Anyway... nobody wants to read my pointless rants... SOOOOO...

I hope to see somebody at next weeks ride...

So we have officially changed it from Sunday to Saturday ( but i don;t' know hwo to change the title of a thread yet) at the request of the only 2 posters... what time do you guys want... Please answer on the new thread...

Cheers,
Johnny

Advertisement