MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2010, 07:46 PM   #1
Johnny77423
Obnoxiously Loud Guy

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Scooter
Moped
Tricycle
rzr

4/11/10 Odd ducks and noobs ... racer's road

Wutzup y'all...

I looking for all the v-twins, 250's, enduros, total noobs, mac daddy cruisers, old school ricers, etc etc etc...

I ride a V-twin nekid street fighter, and I'm tired of being the ODD DUCK at the usual places... LOL I ride my bike EVERY day because I love to ride... so I got a v-twin because a race bike just isn't comfortable to commute on (except maybe a Busa... those things are like laying on a couch)... anyway... I have a confirmation for tomorrow from one of my fellow nekid riders... so let's see who else wants to come out and have a nice casual cruise (OK... so we may go a "little bit" over the speed limit) out here on racer's rd. Meet me at the shell station in Fulshear, TX (1093 and main street) no later than 9am... if it's raining we'll seek shelter in the cafe across the street until it stops... but it looks like clear skies for tomorrow... We'll have a brief meeting to go over the route and the pace... we'll have various groups based on experience and speed levels... and we'll have designated meeting spots to shoot the bull for 5 or so minutes, regroup and go back the other direction... we'll probably make about 3 or 4 runs (1 there, and one back) before some of us call it a day...

For my knee dragging friends, I'm not turning y'all out ... those of you I've met are some of the nicest folks around (shouts to Chris and Bevo and Ares, and everyone else... I just don't have the time to go there now) ... I'm Just trying to organize something for the odd ducks out there (of whom I am a PROUD member)... If we see y'all out there we'll be sure to wave and try to heave to so y'all can scoot by... Just try not to spook your slower brethren, please.

If y'all need help finding it... google maps is a send... Fulshear, TX... go to 1093 and Main st... and look for the bikes. If you're late... then either wait for us as we'll be back within 30 minutes... or go to San Felipe, TX and meet us at the park next to the Brazos River bridge. That'll be the layover point between back and forth runs.

Who's IN???

1) Johnny +friend
2) NEXT....
Johnny77423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Driver who killed two after letting ducks cross road gets prison Chris_5.0 General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 12-24-2014 11:01 AM
Odd Ducks 2.1 ride to TWS (Texas World Speedway) - May 9 Goozie Events, Meets and Rides 22 05-10-2010 12:54 PM
Odd Ducks Round 2 - April 25th Johnny77423 Events, Meets and Rides 20 04-24-2010 06:47 PM
4-10-10 Racer's Road Weather Update Johnny77423 Events, Meets and Rides 20 04-10-2010 07:35 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-10-2010, 07:50 PM   #2
DrAwkwArD
Banned

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 9

User is banned

DrAwkwArD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 07:52 PM   #3
Intermission
Pure Awesome

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2009 Kawasaki zx-6r
SOLD:2007 Kawasaki zx-6r
SOLD:1999 YZ-125
SOLD:2004 Can-o-Tuna

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAwkwArD View Post
Let's see pics of your streetfighter.

I'd come if I had my brake lines for my fighter in. Maybe next time.
Brake lines are over rated.
Intermission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 07:58 PM   #4
Johnny77423
Obnoxiously Loud Guy

Bike(s):
Scooter
Moped
Tricycle
rzr

I've been riding with about 1/4 pads for a month... it's all about knowing when to clutch and when to up/down shift... LOL

Last edited by Johnny77423; 04-10-2010 at 08:02 PM.
Old 04-10-2010, 08:00 PM   #5
Johnny77423
Obnoxiously Loud Guy

Bike(s):
Scooter
Moped
Tricycle
rzr

need help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAwkwArD View Post
Let's see pics of your streetfighter.

I'd come if I had my brake lines for my fighter in. Maybe next time.
If you need any help... I'm a professional mechanic (licensed) and a mechanical engineer... I do most of the work on my bike (unless it costs more money in special tools, than it would to have it done by someone else).

Johnny

Add me to your friends list bro... I'm trying to get a little street fighter posse going on here... we don't really fit in with the "racers" or the "stuntahz" and we're not cruisers... what the frak... we need our OWN crew... LOL...

Johnny
Old 04-10-2010, 08:52 PM   #6
Challen
MSF Lead Instructor

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2000 ZX12R
2008 250R
2012 ZX10R

A) keep it quiet when going by my house please.

B) make your first lap a little slower than normal. I heard that 2 weeks ago RR was pretty torn up due to repaving. Make sure it's all fixed before you haul .

Enjoy the ride!
Old 04-10-2010, 09:16 PM   #7
Scorpio
Twist the Grip, Let'r Rip

Feedback Rating: (6)

Trackdays: 10+

450x sumo (sold)
RC51 (sold)
Honda Grom 125(sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Scorpio
This sounds like an interesting meet.
Ya'll take some pics and have fun.
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 09:23 PM   #8
Ares

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
Z-rex ZRX1200r
Ninjette 250ex - SOLD :'|
Blondie ZX6R - SOLD :'|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challen View Post

B) make your first lap a little slower than normal. I heard that 2 weeks ago RR was pretty torn up due to repaving. Make sure it's all fixed before you haul .

Enjoy the ride!
I try to do that everytime on every ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
I got the hint and dropped to the back of the ranks just in front of Ares, who btw rocks the outta that 250.
Ares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 08:13 AM   #9
Johnny77423
Obnoxiously Loud Guy

Bike(s):
Scooter
Moped
Tricycle
rzr

Quote:

Enjoy the ride!
You live out here??? I'm about 3 miles from pattison on 1458... Which house should we ride "quietly" by ??? MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*J*
Old 04-11-2010, 08:13 AM   #10
Johnny77423
Obnoxiously Loud Guy

Bike(s):
Scooter
Moped
Tricycle
rzr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
This sounds like an interesting meet.
Ya'll take some pics and have fun.
I love that quote... "less talkie... more ridey"... LOL
Old 04-11-2010, 08:18 AM   #11
Johnny77423
Obnoxiously Loud Guy

Bike(s):
Scooter
Moped
Tricycle
rzr

clouds but no rain

Well folks... it look slike heavy clouds, but no rain today... which means it'll be cool all morning... the roads won't be as sticky as when the sun is out, but this is a nice easy pace today, so no sweat... Hope to see eberyone at the shell... if you're not there at 9... then try to meet us at the brisge by 9:20 (if we're not there, just hang out for 5 minutes and we'll be there)... at this pace, it'll be about 30 mins from point A to B ... then we'll decide if we want to keep going all the way back and forth every time or focus on north or south of I-10... Some of us have to bail early (like noon ish) so if y'all wanna hang out and keep riding, then feel free... Or I can make a few recommendations of further travels... just keep in mind it's going to storm later today (like around 6 is supposed to be the 2nd flood... so to speak).

*J*
Old 04-11-2010, 01:19 PM   #12
Johnny77423
Obnoxiously Loud Guy

Bike(s):
Scooter
Moped
Tricycle
rzr

Saw about a million bikes out today On RR ... it was great... Until the Po-Po's showed up and everybody slowed down... LOL... Not me... I went through a curve at 90 and waved at him as I went past. LOL

Bevo... the tips you gave me have REALLY improved my cornering... thanks bro.

Had a blast hanging with Sumo-Woman today... honestly, it's hard not to have fun when she's around.

Saw a SICK looking Ducati ... it was some sort of anniversary edition that was old school cafe style with all carbon fiber body work and the sweetest sounding engine I've ever heard on a bike (sorry mz. benelli... he has you beat... lol).

OK.. that's it for me... hope everyone else had fun today on their respective events and I hope we didn't lose anyone today...

Cheers
Johnny
Old 04-11-2010, 02:51 PM   #13
Challen
MSF Lead Instructor

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2000 ZX12R
2008 250R
2012 ZX10R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny77423 View Post
You live out here??? I'm about 3 miles from pattison on 1458... Which house should we ride "quietly" by ??? MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*J*
I live in Pecan Hill. It's halfway between Brookshire and Fulshear on 359.

And I was kidding. I left at 5am to go teach a class.
Old 04-11-2010, 04:32 PM   #14
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Bevo... the tips you gave me have REALLY improved my cornering... thanks bro.
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 07:10 PM   #15
Johnny77423
Obnoxiously Loud Guy

Bike(s):
Scooter
Moped
Tricycle
rzr

Too Cool

Quote:
I live in Pecan Hill. It's halfway between Brookshire and Fulshear on 359.

And I was kidding. I left at 5am to go teach a class.
HEY Man... Anytime you get up on 1458... I'm 3 miles from Pattison (west of town)... Honk when you go by ... Or just keep an eye out for a blue "street fighter" with an exhaust note kinda like an anemic sportster with a 230 lbs guy on it... that's me ... Wave (1 finger or all all of them... LOL).

Johnny
Old 04-11-2010, 07:18 PM   #16
Johnny77423
Obnoxiously Loud Guy

Bike(s):
Scooter
Moped
Tricycle
rzr

OMG!!1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
You have no idea man... I've been hitting turns in triple digits when I used to go half that speed through them... If I can just dial in my suspension I'll be set... It's still pogo-ing on me... I need to try more pre-load ... if that won't tighten it up, then I'm going to add another set of fork springs... and I need to dial up the compression dampening in a MAJOR way... They're old school damperenr rod forks... but I added racetech "cartridge emulators" which help, but I need to dial them in some more... The rear has a factory '08 ZX-14r shock in place... so tons of spring, but I need to dial in the dampening (both are adjustable)... I'll do the front work myself... it's easier that way... and I'll try a few settings on the rear that are recommended by some fellow SV guys that have done a similar set up... if that doesn't work then I'll have to go to M-U to let the, figure it out. More than likely they'll tell me I need to buy a "real bike"... LOL. The SV is fun, but it is not a super sport...

ANYWAY... I'm getting a lot better on the corners... If i upgrade my bike I might be able to start hanging with the "fast group" ... Probably after the summer when I have my stipend from my research grant... I'm looking at ZX-10r's ... thoughts??? I'd like to find an RC-51 (I'm found of V-twins) but they're not as easy to find as ZX and GSX bikes...

Johnny
Old 04-11-2010, 07:19 PM   #17
Shimano_Girl
Organ Donor

Bike(s):
"09 Yamaha XT250
"07 Benelli TnT
"08 Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
Until the Po-Po's showed up and everybody slowed down... LOL... Not me... I went through a curve at 90 and waved at him as I went past.
Now I know why it didn't concern you that I'm a 5-0 magnet. I was tempted to wave at him, too, but he would have pulled me over.

Quote:
Saw a SICK looking Ducati ... it was some sort of anniversary edition that was old school cafe style with all carbon fiber body work and the sweetest sounding engine I've ever heard on a bike (sorry mz. benelli... he has you beat... lol).
Don't hate on the TnT just because you're hearing imparied from the SV and can't hear her passing.

That Ducati was sexy, though.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:28 PM   #18
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Sorry I missed it.

If you organize another ride such as this lemme know w enough time ahead.

You guys really double back on a road you just went down? Kinda red flag isnt it?
Old 04-11-2010, 09:56 PM   #19
MightyVespa

Johnny77423,

This is John A and I was on the Black Ducati today on RR. It was a fun ride but needed to be a bit cautious to not run across any other popo on RR, especially since I've seen Texas State Troopers on patrol on RR in the past...Thanks for the props on my bike, it is a 2002 Ducati MH900e "Mike Hailwood Evoluzione" with the carbon dream bodykit on in place of the original red bodywork. The engine is stock but it does have PC3 mapped to the K&N's and full staintune exhaust. Yes, she loves to rev...Hope to see ya out there again. John A.
MightyVespa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 10:20 PM   #20
Johnny77423
Obnoxiously Loud Guy

Bike(s):
Scooter
Moped
Tricycle
rzr

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyVespa View Post
Johnny77423,

This is John A and I was on the Black Ducati today on RR. It was a fun ride but needed to be a bit cautious to not run across any other popo on RR, especially since I've seen Texas State Troopers on patrol on RR in the past...Thanks for the props on my bike, it is a 2002 Ducati MH900e "Mike Hailwood Evoluzione" with the carbon dream bodykit on in place of the original red bodywork. The engine is stock but it does have PC3 mapped to the K&N's and full staintune exhaust. Yes, she loves to rev...Hope to see ya out there again. John A.
Brother... I live on R.R. and would love to ride behind that exhaust note ANYTIME... and don't worry about Po-Po's in Waller County... I have a few friends here and there... can't promise anything... like if you pass a bus with it's red light on... well, you SHOULD be in jail... but I can get out of many other minor things in my area... It's good to be active in the community in which you live... and we'll leave it at that...

So other than that bro... add me to your firends list... I host BBQ's once a month on 1458... I'd be glad to invite you out...

Johnny

Advertisement