MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2010, 07:15 PM   #21
Ronin

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Black/White CBR 600RR (Leyla)
Red/Black CBR 600RR (Track)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducoop View Post
You must have gotten there a few minutes after we left. It was probably 10:45 or so. I just got home and rode ~350 miles today. It ended up being a great ride at a really good pace.

There was one incident but it turned out much better then it could have.
Yea, great ride guys...I was pessimistic at first since the rain really hit us in Tomball, but when we got there, it was sunny and it looked like it barely rained over there. Dried off for a second and we decided to hit the road before it started raining again, which it never did! I enjoyed the ride and one little mishap that definitely could've been worse! I'm tired and I have to go to work in a few hours, but the ride was definitely worth it! Put a lot of miles on the bike today and couldn't ask for better weather with no popo! Thanks for all those who came out despite the crappy rain.
Originally Posted by Benga View Post
Ronin is the best of the best guys. He has a kick wife. Got wasted at his place and she didnt complain or anything!
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Forest ride Saturday 9/10/11 mkgsxr Events, Meets and Rides 88 09-10-2011 09:36 PM
Forest Ride Saturday 10/30/10 Snow Events, Meets and Rides 5 10-30-2010 12:49 AM
FGE Ride:1488,362,390,3090,224 Saturday 3.20.10 CaligoneTx Events, Meets and Rides 19 03-19-2010 11:25 PM
Forest/390/3090 Wednesday, 3-17-2010 Ronin Events, Meets and Rides 8 03-16-2010 09:29 AM
Forest Gnome Ride Saturday 10.25 CaligoneTx Events, Meets and Rides 142 11-03-2008 10:10 AM
Advertisement
Old 04-10-2010, 07:24 PM   #22
ducoop

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2003 Z1000 (Sold)

We did have our fair share of animal interactions as well. The bird that hit you and the squirrel that lost his head.
ducoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 09:17 PM   #23
Davekg
Honda Rider

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 CBR

Awesome ride, thanks for leading it Ronin, in spite of the early rain, after lunch misshape and all the freak'n flower tourist's, geeeze I've never seen so many freak'n peeps taking portraits of flowers.

Davekg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 10:36 PM   #24
LynxRyder
n00b

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki ZX-6R (Lynx)
2000 Fiddy (Mini Lynx)

Thanks Ronin, you da MAN!

Man that was a great ride. The weather was absolutely amazing I couldn't have asked for any better. Roads were in great condition, despite having some corners robed from us by those flower chasers .

Todays mishap happened at the exact same corner as last weekend's 1st one, not nearly as bad though. The guy who owns the house there was very friendly and cool about the whole thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davekg View Post
Awesome ride, thanks for leading it Ronin, in spite of the early rain, after lunch misshape and all the freak'n flower tourist's, geeeze I've never seen so many freak'n peeps taking portraits of flowers.
That was nothing, coming back on 290 cars were lined up along the side of the road anywhere there were bluebonnets. Smelled real nice though.
LynxRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 10:37 PM   #25
Ronin

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducoop View Post
We did have our fair share of animal interactions as well. The bird that hit you and the squirrel that lost his head.
Haha, yea, I'm 3 for 3 on killing birds on rides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davekg View Post
WAY too many tourists taking pictures of random flowers and all the bicylists!!! I'm 0 for 1 on killing tourists on rides... JK!!!
Ronin is the best of the best guys. He has a kick wife. Got wasted at his place and she didnt complain or anything!
Old 04-10-2010, 10:44 PM   #26
Dominicano

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
gsxr 750 08
yamaha r1 08

this sh*t is funny lol 0 for 1 killing tourist LOL
Dominicano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 11:08 PM   #27
Ronin

Bike(s):

The squirrel thing was even funnier, I was right behind a car and I see the squirrel run in front of it's tires. It was still kinda twitching after the car ran over it, so I stuck my foot out and I was like, dang, I hope no one hits it...and as soon as I finished thinking that, ducoop smashes the out of it and lifts his legs up (I'm assuming to avoid the guts getting on his jeans?) I was cracking up in my helmet. Poor squirrel... R.I.P.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:51 PM   #28
Dominicano

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
gsxr 750 08
yamaha r1 08

LMAO SH*T HAPPENDS
Dominicano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 09:52 AM   #29
CCH
Innocent Bystander

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2000 Ducati 996
1991 Suzuki RGV250m two-smoke bicycle on crack
1999 R6 sold to a dip$h!t
1995 Ducati 900SP gone, more or less
1999 Ducati 996 died a glorious death in North GA, Feb 2006

Member Garage

Yep. It was about that time. Probably just missed everyone then. No problem. I got a chance to work on the garage yesterday and that's never a bad thing. Especially when there's still a ton of post-move lying around in various areas. I used to have a workshop in the basement in ATL, but not anymore... Trying to make everything fit and still be semi-functional. Maybe when the kids grow up I'll get a place farther out with a pole barn or two...
CCH is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement