MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2010, 11:23 AM   #21
gtdrivr
Al Gore lied to me.

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
CBR954 arrrr arrrr

Sticker stop. they do bikes, and they do anything for money, lol. I swear they would pass a tank for road use.

Riding the back roads of heaven.

gtdrivr is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
state inspection Tut General Discussion (Moto Related) 28 05-02-2013 11:10 PM
State Inspection morvegil General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 04-06-2011 08:40 AM
State inspection kdog22 Motorcycles Unlimited 5 06-09-2010 12:58 PM
state inspection? tonyt915 Off Topic 19 03-13-2009 11:47 PM
State Inspection for my bike dbuck General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 02-28-2006 11:18 AM
Advertisement
Old 04-08-2010, 02:05 PM   #22
The Trav
slowpoke

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 1

i put mine on the opposite side of the license plate, on the license plate bracket. (if you are behind it, looking at the lic plate, its behind it). ive done this on the last 3 bikes and never had a problem. it looks clean and keeps it out of sight until asked for. and its "near the plate, AND at the rear of the bike, AND positively attached to the bike)
I will not allow myself the weakness to lay aside responsibility of my actions to a higher power and write that weakness off as destiny. Vigilance, intelligence and discipline keep us alive out there.
-kib
Rest In Peace Chris Owens aka faster321, you will be missed...
The Trav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 04:06 PM   #23
yamaR6281
i ride really slow

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
600rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by M@tt View Post
Also you should change it to GP shifting I get kick watching them put it in 5 gear and taking off.
you let them ride your bike? They just ask me to ride to the line and hit the brake. After that i just roll into the garage and they inspect the other stuff. A few minutes later I get my sticker and ride off. None of the places I went to actually sat on the bike.
yamaR6281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 04:40 PM   #24
viper3ez
Hello, My Name Is Nuvie

Experience: 1-3 months

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to viper3ez Send a message via MSN to viper3ez Send a message via Yahoo to viper3ez Send a message via Skype™ to viper3ez
just got mine done 10mins ago. 14.50

put on the swing arm.

they did not touch my bike.
viper3ez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 06:02 PM   #25
ducoop

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2003 Z1000 (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdrider View Post
I was once pulled over by a DPS officer for this. Officer walked up, said he pulled me over because he could not see my inspection sticker. In a nice polite manner, I told him that I relocated it to the swingarm, he leaned over, checked it, and said, "OK, have a nice day."
I had the exact same convo with a DPS officer in sugarland.
ducoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 11:08 AM   #26
07CBR

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
08 CBR600, silver
07 CBR600, black (wrecked/sold)
Suzuki DRZ400SM, yellow (sold)

Sounds to me like you could "attach" it to the bottom of the rear seat and it would be legal.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:12 AM   #27
Challen
MSF Lead Instructor

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2000 ZX12R
2008 250R
2012 ZX10R

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaR6281 View Post
you let them ride your bike? They just ask me to ride to the line and hit the brake. After that i just roll into the garage and they inspect the other stuff. A few minutes later I get my sticker and ride off. None of the places I went to actually sat on the bike.
Actually, if they ever say they need to ride the bike, you should immediately get their ID number (should be on the sign saying they do inspections), leave and then call DPS to report them. They can get in lots of trouble for doing that.

They should NEVER ride a bike when doing inspections.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:39 PM   #28
kawasakijockey
Crotchrocket Scientist

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2007 zx14
2002 cbr954
1977 kz1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challen View Post
Actually, if they ever say they need to ride the bike, you should immediately get their ID number (should be on the sign saying they do inspections), leave and then call DPS to report them. They can get in lots of trouble for doing that.

They should NEVER ride a bike when doing inspections.
You dont know what you are talking about. You better check the laws. They can request to ride the bike but they have to be a licensed rider to do so but you can request to see their license first. You can refuse to let them ride it and go elsewhere that doesnt ride them.
kawasakijockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 02:57 PM   #29
kawasakijockey
Crotchrocket Scientist

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2007 zx14
2002 cbr954
1977 kz1000

Portion from TxDmv. Read the last sentence.

20.04 Motorcycle, Motor-Driven Cycle, and Moped Brake Requirements - Every motorcycle, motor-driven cycle, and moped, at all times and under all conditions of loading, upon application of the service brake pedal or control, shall be capable of:

Developing a brake force that is not less than 43.5% of its gross weight, OR
Decelerating to a stop from not more than 20 miles per hour at not less than 14 feet per second, OR
Stopping from a speed of 20 miles per hour in not more than 30 feet, such distance to be measured from the point at which movement of the service brake pedal or control begins.
Motorcycles shall be provided with adequate brakes on all wheels. Sidecars are not required to have brakes when braking performance of the motorcycle or motor-driven cycle is met. Motor-driven cycles and mopeds are required to have brakes on at least the rear wheel. During the brake road test, a motorcycle, motor-driven cycle, or moped may be driven by its owner or operator with certified inspector observing the braking performance at the brake test area if the certified inspector is not licensed to operate a motorcycle, motor-driven cycle, or moped.
kawasakijockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 07:29 PM   #30
NeedySV

Bike(s):
SV1000K6

Bleh...my current inspection sticker is from 07 when the dealership put it on there the day I bought it. If I get a ticket I will put that stupid black thing back on there, take a picture to the judge, and the ticket will be dismissed. Been there, done that.
NeedySV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 07:18 PM   #31
NeedySV

Bike(s):
SV1000K6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawasakijockey View Post

20.04 Motorcycle, Motor-Driven Cycle, and Moped Brake Requirements - Every motorcycle, motor-driven cycle, and moped, at all times and under all conditions of loading, upon application of the service brake pedal or control, shall be capable of:

Decelerating to a stop from not more than 20 miles per hour at not less than 14 feet per second, OR
Stopping from a speed of 20 miles per hour in not more than 30 feet, such distance to be measured from the point at which movement of the service brake pedal or control begins.
Motorcycles shall be provided with adequate brakes on all wheels. Sidecars are not required to have brakes when braking performance of the motorcycle or motor-driven cycle is met. Motor-driven cycles and mopeds are required to have brakes on at least the rear wheel. During the brake road test, a motorcycle, motor-driven cycle, or moped may be driven by its owner or operator with certified inspector observing the braking performance at the brake test area if the certified inspector is not licensed to operate a motorcycle, motor-driven cycle, or moped.
Looks like you're wrong. It says with the owner/operator operting the motorcycle with a certfied inspection OBSERVING the braking performance.
NeedySV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 07:32 PM   #32
JP171

Bike(s):
00' GSXR 750
05 636

Originally Posted by kawasakijockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedySV View Post
Looks like you're wrong. It says with the owner/operator operting the motorcycle with a certfied inspection OBSERVING the braking performance.
umm did you miss this part, or just ignore it?

For those looking to give back to Texas and serve those in times of need, Join the Texas State Guard.
Locate a Recruiter http://www.gotxsg.com/join.php
JP171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 09:14 PM   #33
BcFrancis

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
07 yamaha R6(sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP171 View Post
Originally Posted by kawasakijockey

umm did you miss this part, or just ignore it?
I wouldn't let them ride it, period!
Old 04-10-2010, 09:20 PM   #34
AFS_Racing
Boost King

Trackdays: 3

I have never had an inspection place ask to ride the bike. The current place I take the bikes does abserve me applying the brakes, but that is all.

On the 1000s, I have been placing them on the swingarm. One of the last ones I took had so much Armor-All on the swingarm that I requested to just take the sticker and I would apply it once I cleaned the swingarm. No issue, away I went. I was surprised.
AFS_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 10:27 PM   #35
The Trav
slowpoke

Experience: 6 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKS_Racing View Post
I have never had an inspection place ask to ride the bike. The current place I take the bikes does abserve me applying the brakes, but that is all.

On the 1000s, I have been placing them on the swingarm. One of the last ones I took had so much Armor-All on the swingarm that I requested to just take the sticker and I would apply it once I cleaned the swingarm. No issue, away I went. I was surprised.
wow! thats umm... not supposed to happen
I will not allow myself the weakness to lay aside responsibility of my actions to a higher power and write that weakness off as destiny. Vigilance, intelligence and discipline keep us alive out there.
-kib
Rest In Peace Chris Owens aka faster321, you will be missed...
The Trav is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement