MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2010, 11:11 PM   #1
gsxrjai
Sink or swim

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
'03 GSXR 600 Sold
??? Not Sure ???

Aaron Yates out of action (video)

Quote:
Michael Jordan Motorsports' Aaron Yates broke his lower right leg in two places this morning when he crashed his Suzuki GSX-R1000 in the warm-up session for this afternoon's AMA Superbike final at Auto Club Speedway.

The Georgian is expected to undergo surgery early this coming week.

The crash took place late in the session and it prompted a red-flag stoppage of practice while Yates was attended to. According to eye witnesses who saw the crash on video, Yates wheelied the bike into the kink (turn 10/11) while leaned over and lost the front when he set it back down. M4 Monster Suzuki's Chris Ulrich was directly behind Yates when the Georgian crashed, leaving Ulrich with nowhere to go. Ulrich's Suzuki went over the top of Yates' right leg, causing the injury. Ulrich was able to avoid crashing.

Yates qualified on pole position on Friday, finished third in yesterday's first race of the doubleheader, and was fastest in morning warm-up. The injured leg is one that Yates has broken in the past and he still has rods and pins in the tibia/fibula bones.

a follow up on my other thread
http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=135881
gsxrjai is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ACTION VIDEO CAMS B.T.R. General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 02-07-2013 04:21 PM
Rear view action at TWS (Texas World Speedway) 7-2, video CarbonJames Taking it to the Track 7 07-08-2011 02:47 PM
Frogman Rocket II Trike in action [w/video] gsxrjai General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 05-19-2010 05:57 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-07-2010, 11:38 PM   #2
AYEELE
Yeah i can get it up

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
08 1000rr
silver 04 r6(stunt)
Black 03 600rr(sold)
White and pink 06 r6

dam. go jordan motorsports!!
Old 04-08-2010, 12:06 AM   #3
SW@T
SWAGGA OF A CRIPPLE!!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Track= 07 600RR
Street= 09 R6 white/red

Member Garage

fkin ouch

Hope he heals up quick... I can't imagine the pain
SW@T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 06:53 AM   #4
FireMalt
Recovering track addict

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Let me start off saying that I never like seeing someone get hurt nor do I wish it upon anyone... but I sure would like to shack the person's hand that was behind him when he went down... can you say "KARMA" for drop-kicking another rider on the side of the track a few years ago?!?!
Old 04-08-2010, 11:21 AM   #5
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Bike(s):
'prila

ouch
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:26 AM   #6
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireMalt View Post
Let me start off saying that I never like seeing someone get hurt nor do I wish it upon anyone... but I sure would like to shack the person's hand that was behind him when he went down... can you say "KARMA" for drop-kicking another rider on the side of the track a few years ago?!?!
I think it was Chris Urlich
Old 04-08-2010, 11:49 AM   #7
Bean
you like apples?

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
K3 GSXR 600

believe that was Anthony Fania of the KWS team
Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 01:37 PM   #8
The Trav
slowpoke

Experience: 6 years

ouch...
I will not allow myself the weakness to lay aside responsibility of my actions to a higher power and write that weakness off as destiny. Vigilance, intelligence and discipline keep us alive out there.
-kib
Rest In Peace Chris Owens aka faster321, you will be missed...
The Trav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 07:26 AM   #9
Buck Beasley
Older,Wiser,Faster

Feedback Rating: (2)

'05 Suzuki SV 650,

'04 Vespa 150

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Buck Beasley
Quote:
Let me start off saying that I never like seeing someone get hurt nor do I wish it upon anyone... but I sure would like to shake the person's hand that was behind him when he went down... can you say "KARMA" for drop-kicking another rider on the side of the track a few years ago?!?!
Still not enough to repay that incident in my opinion. Karma is indeed bitchy.
CMRA expert #413
Get off the keyboard and on your bike for a change...
Buck Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 09:07 AM   #10
Brian f.

Bike(s):
06 CRF450 Tard FOR SALE!!!!!!
2007 1000RR
K8 750 Track bike
Racecar 8.02 @ 169 FOR SALE, not for faint of heart

Man, im behind the times here so forgive me, but could someone elaborate on the "drop kicking a rider on the side of the track a few years ago."
Brian f. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 09:17 AM   #11
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian f. View Post
Man, im behind the times here so forgive me, but could someone elaborate on the "drop kicking a rider on the side of the track a few years ago."
not a great video, but after he went down he kicked the other dude, then head butted him.

Khaki shirt.
less_than_coop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 12:30 AM   #12
timboslice
public punchin bag

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
A quick one

thats wild.
timboslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 07:48 AM   #13
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by less_than_coop View Post
not a great video, but after he went down he kicked the other dude, then head butted him.

wow,
was he punished by the race org?????
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 08:17 AM   #14
FireMalt
Recovering track addict

If I recall correctly, he was suspended for a race or two, and was fined.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:59 PM   #15
paniro187

i can't believe that there are actually a couple of posts in this thread that are thinking karma and all that foolishness how stpid can you really get. he was stupid for the fania incident but dude broke his leg get over the harmless drop kick and other idiotic things that encompassed that event.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 10:08 AM   #16
CCH
Innocent Bystander

Bike(s):
2000 Ducati 996
1991 Suzuki RGV250m two-smoke bicycle on crack
1999 R6 sold to a dip$h!t
1995 Ducati 900SP gone, more or less
1999 Ducati 996 died a glorious death in North GA, Feb 2006

Member Garage

Yates hit Fania, but Fania starts drifting left just before the hit. Yates take on it was that Fania was an unprofessional amateur that had no business being out there. I don't know Anthony Fania, but have been around Yates before and don't have anything bad to say about him. Aaron overreacted, but you can also see in the videos that Fania wasn't exactly apologetic and is gesturing back at Yates in a way that I'm sure was accompanied with a choice word or two that didn't exactly cool the situation down.

You've got to remember, these aren't track days. These guys go rich or poor based on their sponsorships and their race performance. When you are living or dying by the points you earn and someone or something happens that causes you to DNF, there is a teeny bit of emotion involved regardless of whose fault it is. Yates didn't handle it as well as he should have. The Millidgeville Georgia boy came out and went into whoopass mode.

It's not a universally accepted fact that the Fania incident was entirely Yates' fault anyway. I was always told that slow/inexperienced riders should yield the race line to anyone going a hundred times faster than you. It's inconvenient and unfortunate, but a head check over your shoulder to look for impending freight trains and heat seeking missiles coming at your slower is not a bad idea as well. As for the karma aspect, that's just silly and doesn't exactly explain Daijiro Kato, Wayne Rainey or a zillion other crashes.
CCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 01:12 AM   #17
Redman

Karma? Malt

Quote:
FireMalt? I guess that says it all. Your an idiot dude. First of all don't Shack someone's hand, it seems as if you are gay. Maybe shake someone's hand. obviously you have never raced competively and don't know what it is like to be running in front in Daytona in the old Superbike Race. Aaron was passing on the outside and an inexperienced rider didn't know what the F*** to do. Karma is not what you call this FireMalt! Karma is what you call someone who calls themselves FireMalt to start with. Yeah, Aaron lost his cool for a moment, but if you were in his position which obviously your not, you would be upset as well. Gathering what you say, you would probably just lay down and cry, or maybe post a dumb*** message like you did. I would rather call you Sugar Malt! Sissy!
Redman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 01:40 AM   #18
Redman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redman View Post
FireMalt? I guess that says it all. Your an idiot dude. First of all don't Shack someone's hand, it seems as if you are gay. Maybe shake someone's hand. obviously you have never raced competively and don't know what it is like to be running in front in Daytona in the old Superbike Race. Aaron was passing on the outside and an inexperienced rider didn't know what the F*** to do. Karma is not what you call this FireMalt! Karma is what you call someone who calls themselves FireMalt to start with. Yeah, Aaron lost his cool for a moment, but if you were in his position which obviously your not, you would be upset as well. Gathering what you say, you would probably just lay down and cry, or maybe post a dumb*** message like you did. I would rather call you Sugar Malt! Sissy!
Duh! Put out fires fool don't start none. Oh, and don't get burnt dummie!
Redman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 01:50 AM   #19
gsxrjai
Sink or swim

Bike(s):
'03 GSXR 600 Sold
??? Not Sure ???

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/748/6553/Motorcycle-Article/Aaron-Yates-Undergoes-Succe

Aaron Yates Undergoes Successful Surgery
Courtesy of Michael Jordan Motorsports

Thursday, April 01, 2010

Quote:
Michael Jordan Motorsports’ (MJM) Aaron Yates underwent surgery Sunday night after breaking his leg in that morning’s practice prior to race four of the 2010 AMA Pro National Guard American Superbike Championship held at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, CA. Yates had already turned in the fastest time in the Sunday morning practice session when he crashed coming out of turn 10 and was run over by M4 Monster Energy Suzuki's Chris Ulrich. Ulrich was right behind Yates when he crashed and was unable to avoid the contact.

Yates underwent nearly six hours of surgery, performed by famed motorsports surgeon, Dr. Tom Bryan. He sustained two tibial fractures of the right leg – one just below the knee and one above the ankle – and a third, lower break of the fibula. In addition to repairing the injuries to the leg from this weekend’s incident, plates and screws from a previous fracture were replaced. Bryan commented that Yates has some of the hardest bones he has ever worked on and that he broke two drill bits in the process.

Yates is resting comfortably and will remain in the hospital for several more days. Dr. Bryan indicated that the procedure went very well and that Yates could be back in action in as few as six weeks. He will certainly miss the test at Infineon Raceway, scheduled for the end of this week, as well as the Road Atlanta round of the 2010 AMA Pro National Guard American Superbike Championship in two weeks. It is possible that he could return for the fourth round of the championship at Infineon, beginning May 14, 2010.

Michael Jordan Motorsports will be giving Canadian Superbike rider Brett McCormick an evaluation at the Infineon test this week and will consider him as a possible replacement for Yates during his recovery. McCormick, from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada, was the 2009 runner-up in the Canadian Superbike Championship. His results at the Infineon test will determine if he will be selected to fill in for the injured Yates.

The 2010 Michael Jordan Motorsports team’s next event is the Superbike Showdown at Road Atlanta in Braselton, GA on April 16-18, 2010.
gsxrjai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 01:55 AM   #20
gsxrjai
Sink or swim

Bike(s):
'03 GSXR 600 Sold
??? Not Sure ???

Yates will return to action in as few as six weeks,
possibly make it back for round four at Infinieon
634033923228489659Yates