MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2010, 02:35 PM   #1
gsxrjai
Sink or swim

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
'03 GSXR 600 Sold
??? Not Sure ???

Post Aoyama blasts testing rules that penalise rookies

PA706005
'Angry' MotoGP 2010 rookie Hiroshi Aoyama has hit out at the regulations strictly limiting the pre-season testing allowance - arguing the lack of running heavily penalises the premier class' newcomers
Quote:
Hiroshi Aoyama has launched an 'angry' tirade against what he contends is a lack of thought shown to the 2010 MotoGP rookies – arguing that the limited pre-season testing time is unfair in not allowing newcomers like himself sufficient opportunity to get to grips with their bikes and adequately prepare for the challenge ahead of them.

Aoyama is graduating to the premier class this season with Interwetten Honda off the back of title glory in the 250cc World Championship last year – a result that will see the Japanese star go down in history as the final champion prior to the class' switchover to Moto2.

However, due to the strict regulations, 2010 MotoGP rookies have been able to benefit from only nine days' testing – composed of six days spread over three sessions, plus three prior days at Sepang in Malaysia before Christmas – and Aoyama is concerned that such a lack of track time will leave the field's new arrivals under-prepared and consequently uncompetitive for the Qatar curtain-raiser at Losail in just over week's time.

“I'm not very happy at the moment,” the 28-year-old – who has been off the pace throughout testing – told Motosprint. “I'm angry, because no-one spared a thought for us rookies. The rule limiting testing to six days may be fine for veterans, but for a rookie like me it is a big problem. Six days is nothing.

“Considering the three days we did in December, nine days of testing allows you to understand very little of the bike. The season is now about to start. I hope to be able to [make] some small progress within a couple of races, but I fear more races are needed.

“I need to improve my sensitivity; I need to understand problems more quickly, I need to recognise them and most of all I need to be able to explain them to the technicians. That's how you improve in this class. It's an issue, because sometimes I get confused; I can't fully understand whether the problems come from the chassis, the suspension or the electronics.”
gsxrjai is offline   Reply With Quote