Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Safety Corner > Gear Talk
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2010, 08:07 AM   #1
TheCyclist
TheCyclist

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2007 R6 (Pearl White)

Looking to purchase gear within next week, need help finding jacket small enough

Well recently I have been searching the web for some better prices on gear, so far I have come up with:

Exo-1000 Helmet ~$300
Axo Primato II Boots ~$140
Alpinestar Gloves (Carbon Knuckles/Mesh Vent) ~$55

Still can't really find anything good for a jacket (Pants, not even going to try for a while. Cyclist and big thighs plus small waist is a horrible combo).

Anyone have some suggestions on jackets? Trying to keep with a all white theme even though I know it is going to be a pain to keep clean. Looking also for Textile for Summer.

This is what I really like but they don't have a small =/
Shift Racing Textile Jacket (White/Black)

p.s
Think I should consider a bigger jacket? My chest size is a 33" and sleeve is 28" (to wrist).

Thanks!
TheCyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Reasonable place to purchase/order gear for track days? solo 1 General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 01-31-2014 05:49 PM
Bigger guy, having a hard time finding a jacket/vest. TXblueSS Gear Talk 17 04-19-2012 06:16 AM
GEAR for SMALL people?? spacecitygroov General Discussion (Moto Related) 18 08-13-2011 04:38 PM
Small stuff, x-small jacket chevy42083 Gear Talk 1 04-30-2011 12:52 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-05-2010, 08:57 AM   #2
agg2001
Agg Racing

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 R6 (track)

Send a message via AIM to agg2001 Send a message via MSN to agg2001 Send a message via Yahoo to agg2001
check out www.motorcyclecloseouts.com

they're pretty cheap, and usually only have the really small, or really big sizes left for stupid cheap.

also, check out Motorcycles Unlimited... they guarantee fit. not sure if that holds true for just a jacket, but i would at least call em and find out.

good luck man!

"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen."
agg2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:06 AM   #3
Street Ninja
Banned

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
\_(ツ)_/

User is banned

Street Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:31 AM   #4
DANtheMan.
Chicks dig scars!

Experience: 2 years

06 crf250

Send a message via AIM to DANtheMan.
If you know your size's.. Then eBay if you don't then go to Motorcycles Unlimited.
DANtheMan. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 11:14 AM   #5
TheCyclist
TheCyclist

Bike(s):
2007 R6 (Pearl White)

Quote:
Originally Posted by agg2001 View Post
check out www.motorcyclecloseouts.com

they're pretty cheap, and usually only have the really small, or really big sizes left for stupid cheap.

also, check out Motorcycles Unlimited... they guarantee fit. not sure if that holds true for just a jacket, but i would at least call em and find out.

good luck man!
Thanks! I might go to Motorcycles Unlimited and check out some gear there and maybe buy stuff there also. They are right near 1960 right? Also, that site is awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Ninja View Post
Go try something on and get a feel for fit that way. All lids and gear fit "One Off" No to brands Small will be the same, just My .02
I do agree with that and I used to have a 44 jacket from Alpinestar I loved but looking to not spend $500 on a new jacket until Fall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANtheMan. View Post
If you know your size's.. Then eBay if you don't then go to Motorcycles Unlimited.
Been browsing eBay a little for that Shift Racing Avenger jacket.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:29 AM   #6
jhendrix

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
'02 Shadow 750

I got the shift Backdraft jacket, and I love it. I'm not sure of the differences between the Avenger.

They have the Backdraft in white. It might be worth checking out. I think I got mine on eBay for around $100 shipped. Saved me $50 from everywhere else.

Heres the white one:

70130 008 lg
jhendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 11:40 AM   #7
TheCyclist
TheCyclist

Bike(s):
2007 R6 (Pearl White)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhendrix View Post
I got the shift Backdraft jacket, and I love it. I'm not sure of the differences between the Avenger.

They have the Backdraft in white. It might be worth checking out. I think I got mine on eBay for around $100 shipped. Saved me $50 from everywhere else.

Heres the white one:

70130 008 lg
I JUST literally ran across that jacket on Link and I thought it might be the same.
How is it comfort wise? I am mostly looking to commute in this jacket to school go to class and then come back while I am not planning on taking it off much except in class.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:40 AM   #8
Sifu-TZ
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Husky 450SMR motard

If only the mods had thought to add a section for things like this....

Fastline motorcycle school grid marshal.
SBN. We're coming for your wife and daughters.
Sifu-TZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 02:56 PM   #9
petah50

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2012 BMW S1000RR
2011 HD XR1200X
2012 Ducati Monster 696

I have the Scorpion Stinger Jacket in white leather. Its perforated and flows air pretty good. $163 for a leather jacket is a great deal as well. FYI, I have the Primatto II boots (in white) as well. They are awesome boots for the price!
petah50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 04:19 PM   #10
TheCyclist
TheCyclist

Bike(s):
2007 R6 (Pearl White)

Quote:
Originally Posted by petah50 View Post
I have the Scorpion Stinger Jacket in white leather. Its perforated and flows air pretty good. $163 for a leather jacket is a great deal as well. FYI, I have the Primatto II boots (in white) as well. They are awesome boots for the price!
Thanks for letting me know on the boots! I wore Sidi Vertigo Boots last time I rode and those were amazing but not quite worth the price at the moment. I will look into that jacket though.

Advertisement