MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2010, 11:35 AM   #81
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

Have you greased your muffler bearings lately? A smooth running exhaust will be much louder. You could also install a larger flux capacitor. That will not only increase sound, but you'll also gain top end speed.

As for loud pipes, they don't save lives, they simply annoy the rest of the population. The only attention you'll get will be from the fuzz.
FastLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
making stock exhaust louder ekfraz How To's and Q & A's 4 06-15-2009 11:01 PM
Arrow Exhaust vs D&D Exhaust DJSuperVillain Performance and Modifications 16 07-24-2008 09:11 PM
need stock to be louder kninjak General Discussion (Moto Related) 21 03-18-2008 05:12 PM
Need someones help installing my exhaust (need tools I dont have, and exhaust hanger) scrapp Off Topic 7 11-21-2006 10:59 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-05-2010, 11:42 AM   #82
viper3ez
Hello, My Name Is Nuvie

Experience: 1-3 months

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to viper3ez Send a message via MSN to viper3ez Send a message via Yahoo to viper3ez Send a message via Skype™ to viper3ez
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsuki View Post
Have you greased your muffler bearings lately? A smooth running exhaust will be much louder. You could also install a larger flux capacitor. That will not only increase sound, but you'll also gain top end speed.

As for loud pipes, they don't save lives, they simply annoy the rest of the population. The only attention you'll get will be from the fuzz.
i wish i knew how to grease muffler bearing or where the flux capacitor is. i'll check the service manual i guess.

and i am so not looking for more speed. previous owner built the bike for racing. its fast enough. i doubt i'll ever see the maximum performance of the bike so i am in no search for more.
viper3ez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 11:51 AM   #83
Reedy07R6

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Red 07R6
honda XR80-sold
Grey / green 07R6 - sold

Member Garage

Quote:

Reedy07R6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 11:55 AM   #84
viper3ez
Hello, My Name Is Nuvie

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to viper3ez Send a message via MSN to viper3ez Send a message via Yahoo to viper3ez Send a message via Skype™ to viper3ez
Quote:
Originally Posted by less_than_coop View Post
Trust me on this, many member before you have gone over this again and again with RacerX, he used to be a mod here.
He doesnt always employ the best methodology to get his message across, and that just is what it is.
What I give him credit for is his persistance.
One thing to take into consideration is that you made a thread asking for input on a louder exhaust. You had someone with quite a bit more riding experience give you their two cents about loud pipes. Even on this last page Bumblebee chimed in with his two cents and you talked about him. That dude has been riding a long time, and as someone with lots of milage under their belt, his opinion (and probably real world experience) should be something you listen to. Whether or not you heed their advice is up to you, but you should at least listen.

As to the back and forth you and X had, well, it was childish on BOTH parts.
Just as you told him that he didnt have a need to keep posting in the thread, you didnt have a need to respond and egg him on.
When you see RacerX's safety posts, look to see if anyone responds. When they dont respond, neither does he(usually).

It takes two people to argue.

As for your pipes...do what you want. Some people will agree, some people wont. Who cares, right?
you are right, i should pay attention to more experienced people.

but if the more experienced person decides to be a about their advice, i dont bend over and take it, just like i would if we were talking in person, i'll give him my own opinion.

now unto Bumblebee, did you really read that and saw an ounce of willingness to help answer what i asked? dude started out telling me to build a circus bike and then finished off by telling diagnosing my "want to look cool" read the comment again and tell me it was an attempt to help.

i could have closed this thread a long time ago when i seen some people were having ego issues but i chose to let the,m put their own 2 cents because in person, i wont hesitate to stand up to a smart- so i sure would not hesitate to stand up to an e-thug where i dont even have a remote chance of being sucker-punched.

i may have spent way too much time on forums because i've seen this "i know more than you, i'm better than you so shut up and listen to me attitude" and i'm am not playing those games.

is someone has something smart to say, i have a reply. thank for the vastness of the english language.

as for the pipes, i'll do what i want to do usually only in this case, i dont know what i want to do because i dont know much about bikes yet hence i'm asking questions.

if it was a car, i'll be out pulling, cutting, bolting, wrenching until i get what i want. unfortunately, i ccant do that in this case. hence i ask for info on what i can do and how to do it
Old 04-05-2010, 12:05 PM   #85
ddgtomahawk
Write my name! \/

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2016 R1
2001 Honda CBR929 RE
2005 Honda CBR600RR
2007 R6S

This is hateothermotorcyclistmotohouston.com anyways just quit replying to the idiots, I enjoy this website for mechanical advise I can give but there is a fair amount of hate so just roll with it.

Come here you little cake eating sieg heil .
ddgtomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 12:05 PM   #86
The Trav
slowpoke

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 1

I will not allow myself the weakness to lay aside responsibility of my actions to a higher power and write that weakness off as destiny. Vigilance, intelligence and discipline keep us alive out there.
-kib
Rest In Peace Chris Owens aka faster321, you will be missed...
The Trav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 12:06 PM   #87
Reedy07R6

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Red 07R6
honda XR80-sold
Grey / green 07R6 - sold

Member Garage

this mf'er could talk to a tree for hours

hey bro ill sell you my exhaust.. $200 its loud

its a shorty scorpion carbon fiber finish
Reedy07R6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 12:11 PM   #88
viper3ez
Hello, My Name Is Nuvie

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomballD View Post
1) D & D pipes are loud and raspy
2) Dont remove baffles, they are there for a reason
3) How can you afford to mod your car like that if you dont have a Job? Just wondering
yeah, from what i read it serves a useful function and i dont know if the system is designed to be opened or if the baffle is even removable.

for m car, i do all my mods myself. saves me a lot of money.
Old 04-05-2010, 12:17 PM   #89
The Trav
slowpoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper3ez View Post
yeah, from what i read it serves a useful function and i dont know if the system is designed to be opened or if the baffle is even removable.

for m car, i do all my mods myself. saves me a lot of money.
So, you design AND manufacture the modifications done to your car? Or did it click that perhaps he was referring to the actual purchase of the mods?

Let me help clear this up: How can you afford the parts you used to mod your car, but not afford the parts to mod your bike?
I will not allow myself the weakness to lay aside responsibility of my actions to a higher power and write that weakness off as destiny. Vigilance, intelligence and discipline keep us alive out there.
-kib
Old 04-05-2010, 12:17 PM   #90
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

IMO the level of your exhaust note shouldhave a direct correlation to the level of performance of your bike.

Loud exhaust should not be a goal in and of itself. Performance should be the goal. With performance will come the exhaust sound that you're looking for.

Yosh systems are great but definitely aren't the loudest. Your motor is essentially an air pump. If you want it to perform and sound better then it needs to pump more air. This means getting a freer breathing intake and muffler and then getting the A/F tuned accordingly.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 12:19 PM   #91
The Trav
slowpoke

You want a louder pipe, GO BUY A LOUDER PIPE.

OR run no exhaust, burn some valves, and support a local sponsor.
-kib
Old 04-05-2010, 12:20 PM   #92
ddgtomahawk
Write my name! \/

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2016 R1
2001 Honda CBR929 RE
2005 Honda CBR600RR
2007 R6S

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Trav View Post
You want a louder pipe, GO BUY A LOUDER PIPE.

OR run no exhaust, burn some valves, and support a local sponsor.

Come here you little cake eating sieg heil .
ddgtomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 12:31 PM   #93
Tri

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2009 R6
2005 R6 - Sold :*[

Quote:
as for the pipes, i'll do what i want to do usually only in this case, i dont know what i want to do because i dont know much about bikes yet hence i'm asking questions.

are you 200% positively sure that you have a full exhaust??? look to see where you're exhaust is connected. If there is this big ugly box right after it but before the actual headers, then you DO NOT have a full exhaust. That big ugly box dampens A LOT of the sound. If it is not there, then ignore this post

Tri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 12:32 PM   #94
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

I like chicken
Old 04-05-2010, 12:35 PM   #95
viper3ez
Hello, My Name Is Nuvie

Member Garage

Quote:
So, you design AND manufacture the modifications done to your car? Or did it click that perhaps he was referring to the actual purchase of the mods?

Let me help clear this up: How can you afford the parts you used to mod your car, but not afford the parts to mod your bike?
haha, funny guy.

well you might just be as reading and comprehension challenged as i am.

my employment status came up when i said i am a jobless student so my tax return cannot pay for tires. i never said i could not afford to buy parts for my bike

as for my car, that was as much info as i was willing to put out on myself. but seeing as you want to know how i afford the parts for the car, let me say "that information is above your paygrade soldier" and it really had nothing to do with a louder exhaust.

i remember asking how i could make my exhaust louder or what the louder systems are for a R6.
Old 04-05-2010, 12:42 PM   #96
The Trav
slowpoke

Quote:
haha, funny guy.

well you might just be as reading and comprehension challenged as i am.

my employment status came up when i said i am a jobless student so my tax return cannot pay for tires. i never said i could not afford to buy parts for my bike

as for my car, that was as much info as i was willing to put out on myself. but seeing as you want to know how i afford the parts for the car, let me say "that information is above your paygrade soldier" and it really had nothing to do with a louder exhaust.

i remember asking how i could make my exhaust louder or what the louder systems are for a R6.
No sir, I do believe you take the cake on this one.

Like I said before, go straight pipe or no exhaust. At least if you do, we can all hear you coming and get out of the way of your awesomeness.
-kib
Old 04-05-2010, 12:44 PM   #97
The Trav
slowpoke

Or you could get a larger displacement engine? For some strange reason, they seem to be a tad louder. And a tad faster. Just a tad.

Just my other .02
-kib
Old 04-05-2010, 12:56 PM   #98
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

Buy a busa, then you could race racerx
Old 04-05-2010, 01:01 PM   #99
The Trav
slowpoke

Quote:
Buy a busa, then you could race racerx
Dude lets get them to line 'em up r6 vs. busa. AKA squid vs. racerx

(and lets get him to throw down his pink slip like in the fast and the furious)

-kib
Old 04-05-2010, 01:13 PM   #100
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

Quote:
Dude lets get them to line 'em up r6 vs. busa. AKA squid vs. racerx

(and lets get him to throw down his pink slip like in the fast and the furious)

As long as they race around 610, at midnight, without lights, wearing shorts, and Polo's with popped collars. That would be cool